Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:27:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Community 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Community  (Read 84996 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 29, 2011, 07:03:46 AM

This past week was Critical Film Studies, which included (among other things) a Pulp Fiction themed birthday party.

I won't say more, but Gillian Jacobs dressed as Miss Mia Wallace was crazy delicous.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
WayAbvPar

Reply #71 on: March 30, 2011, 02:01:54 PM

She is adorable. I strayed from her to Alison Brie in the middle of last season, but I am back in her camp for good now. Unless Alison Brie does a nude scene or something.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 06, 2011, 08:16:46 AM

The episode last night was amazing. It's also helped by the fact that Allison Brie's outfit is smoking hot.

For those who missed it, it's online now. 

http://www.nbc.com/community/video/a-fistful-of-paintballs/1325272/
WayAbvPar

Reply #73 on: May 06, 2011, 10:36:40 AM

Every week I am amazed at the quality of this show. It is setting the bar for 22 minute comedies.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: May 06, 2011, 11:42:42 AM

Annie god DAMN  Heart

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 06, 2011, 02:07:37 PM

Last nights episode was seriously awesome and I think we need that scene of Annie running down the hall as some sorta gif.

Professional Forum Lurker.
WayAbvPar

Reply #76 on: May 06, 2011, 04:25:22 PM

Last nights episode was seriously awesome and I think we need that scene of Annie running down the hall as some sorta gif.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: May 06, 2011, 07:00:53 PM

That was some seriously fun shit.  They put so much good stuff in this episode I'm surprised it doesn't collapse under its own weight of awesomeness.  Part two can't come soon enough.  I want to talk about certain bits, but all the bits were great so I'll just stop typing now.

Oh and Alison Brie is smokingggg, but you already knew that.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #78 on: May 06, 2011, 10:53:03 PM

Josh Holloway needs to be leading man in a TV series.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 10, 2011, 12:19:11 AM

Troy's costume Heart

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: May 10, 2011, 03:55:41 AM

Troy's costume Heart

I had to point that out to my friend at work.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 16, 2011, 02:27:28 PM

The best part of "A Fistful of Paintballs"?  It uses the cinematography of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...  though it might just be for anyone dressed as a Clint Eastwood character.  Jeff, Abed, and the Black Rider are the characters that pull the off-screen teleport the most.

The Good the Bad and the Ugly - Cinematography

Fans have noted an uncommon type of cinematography used in the film. As Ebert noted,
Sergio Leone established a rule that he follows throughout "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly." The rule is that the ability to see is limited by the sides of the frame. At important moments in the film, what the camera cannot see, the characters cannot see, and that gives Leone the freedom to surprise us with entrances that cannot be explained by the practical geography of his shots. There is a moment, for example, when men do not notice a vast encampment of the Union Army until they stumble upon it. And a moment in a cemetery when a man materializes out of thin air even though he should have been visible for a mile. And the way men walk down a street in full view and nobody is able to shoot them, maybe because they are not in the same frame with them.

The followup was good as well, though not to the level of the first part.

Thoughts on next season?  There are rumors that Chevy Chase is awful to work with...  could he be out while Chang is in to play the in-group antagonist?  Or a return to status quo?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #82 on: May 16, 2011, 03:30:31 PM

It wouldn't surprise me that Chevy is a pain to work with as it's quite apparent he's gotten bitter and angry as he's gotten older.  He's always had a kind of angry edge to him, but ever since the talk show failed it's come front and center when you see him in anything.  (Just MHO.)

While I'm not a fan of the show, the few I've watched have been fantastic but I don't think Chang could replace Chevy as the group's antagonist.  Chase IS that angry assbag while Chang only acts it brilliantly*.

* Small aside for a great anecdote I heard about Ken Jeong. Apparently being naked in The Hangover was his idea, and he filmed all of his scenes within a few days because his wife was severely ill while dealing with Breast Cancer at the time.  Rather than break his contract he flew out and did the shoot before returning home.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #83 on: May 16, 2011, 04:16:02 PM

Harmon has said he wants to get Chang back into a position of power next season. I liked him a lot better as a villain instead of a pathetic hanger on. And I would be SHOCKED if Chevy is going anywhere.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #84 on: May 16, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

I don't know. I don't like Chang, at all. I don't even like the guy playing him. They should just let Ken Yeong go. We have weird covered with the Dean and Chang is only funny in very small doses.

I'm also not on board with all the Dani Pudi love. He simply can't deliver anything that doesn't sound disaffected which is probably fine if he plays Abed but get's grating if he has to add emotional depth to the character. I didn't buy his act in the "Dinner with Andre" episode and his helpless effort to parody Han Solo in the final episode was easily the worst performance of the whole cast while Allison Brie had to pull the weight for two people.

Even Chevy redeemed himself in my book because the delivery in the final scene was just so spot on.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 16, 2011, 10:39:46 PM

He's playing Abed though, so it's Abed imitating, he's not meant to be a professional imitator... It's a comedy.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: May 20, 2011, 02:20:34 PM

awesome, for real

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: May 20, 2011, 03:13:08 PM

Johnny, I don't know you but...I love you man.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #88 on: May 20, 2011, 07:50:28 PM

Now that right there is just...fantastic.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: May 20, 2011, 07:55:54 PM

I like how she adjusts her shirt to show MORE cleavage instead of less. 
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #90 on: May 20, 2011, 09:05:38 PM

She knows what she was hired for.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: July 15, 2011, 09:56:53 PM

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: October 14, 2011, 10:29:53 AM

Last night's episode was amazing - I was actually in tears from laughing at one point (okay, I was on my second glass of wine, but still).
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: October 15, 2011, 10:10:10 AM

God I love the evil study group.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #94 on: October 15, 2011, 12:20:22 PM

Ya, I hope the goateed, evil Troy and Abed cross over the time-line at some point.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: October 15, 2011, 12:57:15 PM

I was unimpressed at first, but the show picked up steam and I laughed my ass off!  The evil study group was love.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: October 17, 2011, 09:11:02 AM

I finally got caught up over the weekend. Remedial Chaos Theory is my favorite of season 3 so far. So many great moments. There's something about the bottle episodes that just works for me.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: November 11, 2011, 05:33:07 AM

I finally got caught up over the weekend. Remedial Chaos Theory is my favorite of season 3 so far. So many great moments. There's something about the bottle episodes that just works for me.

I take it back. Studies in Modern Movement is my new favorite. Did you watch it? Watch it. So much awesome. "He tweeted iiiiiit!"

Additionally, I have to give kudoes out to their wardrobe department. I was already hot for Gillian Jacobs, but this season she's been wearing less of the leather jackets, and more of the tight t-shirts. Holy smokes.

I don't like to wish ill on anyone, but I pray that NBC continues to dredge along at the bottom of the ratings battles, so that this show can hang around for a while longer :)

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #98 on: November 11, 2011, 07:25:13 AM

I take it back. Studies in Modern Movement is my new favorite. Did you watch it? Watch it. So much awesome. "He tweeted iiiiiit!"

Additionally, I have to give kudoes out to their wardrobe department. I was already hot for Gillian Jacobs, but this season she's been wearing less of the leather jackets, and more of the tight t-shirts. Holy smokes.

I don't like to wish ill on anyone, but I pray that NBC continues to dredge along at the bottom of the ratings battles, so that this show can hang around for a while longer :)

Frightens me she is from Pittsburgh, and actually the neighborhood I used to live in/near.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: November 11, 2011, 12:30:02 PM

Fun episode.  Really liked Jeff and the karaoke!  The dreamatorium was meh though.  I love it when Troy gets really childish, his gestures and facial expressions are hilarious!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #100 on: November 14, 2011, 09:28:51 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but:

Community "on the bench for a bit" and being moved out of its timeslot in exchange for 30 Rock.  No announcement on when it will return, though they insist it will eventually.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: November 14, 2011, 09:32:27 PM

Community can't compete with Big Bang Theory.  If they would have put it at the 7:30 slot it would have probably been better. 
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:09 AM

Here's another link on this topic.

Community can't compete with Big Bang Theory.  If they would have put it at the 7:30 slot it would have probably been better. 

Nothing in NBC's lineup can compete with Big Bang Theory, or with anything else the other networks are putting on the air.

At this point, I just hope Community gets to finish season 3.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: November 15, 2011, 02:55:42 PM

Troy and Abed getting cannnnnncccccceeeeelllllleeeeeddddd.  :(
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: November 15, 2011, 03:06:13 PM

Here's another link on this topic.

Nothing in NBC's lineup can compete with Big Bang Theory, or with anything else the other networks are putting on the air.

At this point, I just hope Community gets to finish season 3.

Community could very well pull a Chuck and come back, if NBC decides to keep a low ratings/higher critical reviews show over one of the new comedies that no one seems to like much.  As was pointed out in one of those articles, the producers are also keen on the syndication potential for the show...  and that might be enough to keep it around for another season or two to get the number of syndication episodes up.

I can't fault NBC on this.  They've really tried to push the show, and they've kept it around longer than most anyone else would with the mediocre ratings. 

I'd miss it, but I'd be happy with three great seasons.... and if NBC is going to yank it, I would LOVE to see the insanity that Dan Harmon will pull out in the final episodes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Community  
Jump to: