Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:44:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Character Screenshots 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Character Screenshots  (Read 104910 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #70 on: September 02, 2005, 07:40:56 PM

Ah, I thought you were referring to the coloration.  Yes, the model itself is pretty sad.  Esp since the WoW one has fewer bits to it and looks much better. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #71 on: September 02, 2005, 08:27:01 PM

Yeah... I don't get why they felt the need for the /\/\/\/\ teeth.  And the ears definitely stick straight up too much, should be round and more out to the side.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: September 03, 2005, 12:38:13 PM

so what exactly IS the panda? Is it an unlockable costume addon? One of those things everyone can get, or is it a preorder-code only type thing?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #73 on: September 03, 2005, 12:53:06 PM

It's just a costume option for females (under the "Shoulder" menu) that they added in a while back with the Japanese/Anime-ish character models.
pohsyb
Developers

Reply #74 on: September 03, 2005, 01:42:27 PM

Llava
Contributor

Reply #75 on: September 03, 2005, 02:17:13 PM

God, I'm dense sometimes.  I saw his post count of 1 and I'm like "Wait, that's not right, pohsyb posts way more than that."  Then I realized WHERE pohsyb posts.  He's a Cryptic dev  tongue

Well, that tells us where it came from.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #76 on: September 03, 2005, 05:36:09 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #77 on: September 03, 2005, 07:13:26 PM

I guess since Llava let the cat out of the bag we'll add Pohsyb to the dev group. Scavenger hunt for the rest.  :-D
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #78 on: September 03, 2005, 11:16:48 PM

Here is my main, Strazos.

He sure does run fast.

Here he is in his alt costume.

My highest other toon, Sonik Elektrika.

In her (defunct) SG costume.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Llava
Contributor

Reply #79 on: September 04, 2005, 02:41:40 AM

I guess since Llava let the cat out of the bag we'll add Pohsyb to the dev group. Scavenger hunt for the rest.  :-D

Pft, if he was being sneaky he shouldn't have used the same handle!

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #80 on: September 04, 2005, 09:51:06 AM

Is there anything cooler than the Metal suit option?  smiley I seem to not use anything else.

I5 rehashes of my Controller and Blaster:

Rasta Man (Sonic/Fire)

Grip (Gravity/Trick Arrow --- I think I'll just stick with Kinetics)

More metal suit goodness (from my Scrapper again):

Llava
Contributor

Reply #81 on: September 04, 2005, 01:58:29 PM

I like that second shot of Matador.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #82 on: September 04, 2005, 10:13:32 PM

Btw, are my screenshots too small for some of you? I'm running the game at 1024x768 (good vid card, but shitty monitor) and I just realized that most people here have some uber HDTV setup or something.

I like that second shot of Matador.

Thanks. I'm getting better at those action shots, I think. My favorite shot so far is this:

It'd be a cool comic cover, but that's too small even by my standards (it was part of a much larger scene though). I need to get into a  group with heals and invisibility again, because the silhouette shots look great. I just need to zoom in more.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: September 10, 2005, 05:19:13 PM

So here's Joan Spirit, soaring through the skies above Steel Canyon on wings of light!

...okay, so it's just the power effect from Integration. It still looks cool. Also, I like the platemail. With Divine Shoulders, even.

--GF
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #84 on: September 10, 2005, 07:10:01 PM

My son and I just rolled up an archery team.  He is a blaster with archery/energy and I rolled a radiation/archery defender.  It works great since we only play these two when we are logged on, and we both have leveled up to 10 with them.  His is great at killing them, and I debuff em and buff us, works rather well, but  it suckes that I won't take another archery attack till 24...

Were on Victory as Proton Arrow and Red Archery (yeah I know...we were stumped for names and wanted to play  :-D ) give us a /tell if your ever on and want to kill some stuff.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #85 on: September 10, 2005, 07:27:49 PM

You should have used this.  You could have been Masternoid and Glue Girl. 

I rolled up Death Leaf!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: September 12, 2005, 05:42:07 AM

In news nobody wanted to hear, flying with a toggle that spits out sparklies, like Chilling Embrace or Integration, is a small joy - when you position the camera just right, it passes through your wake, and the tiny snowflakes or stars get magnified up close.

--GF
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #87 on: October 17, 2005, 07:02:20 PM

Some characters:

Fishwife

Frau Zerstorung

Errata Zero

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: October 18, 2005, 05:55:36 AM

CoV has /em talktothehand?

You learn something new every day.

--GF
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #89 on: October 18, 2005, 06:33:24 AM

These are the new emotes from a list on the forum:

slap
evillaugh
surrender
goaway
slash
curseyou
hand
bowdown
smack
threathand
handsup
ledgesit
flashlight
walllean
peerin
protest
laptop
research
holdtorch
drumdance
batsmashreact
slapreact
yatayata

Some dev is taking requests, too.  Evidently, "pie" is on the way. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #90 on: October 18, 2005, 07:50:56 AM

Signe, those characters look like bulldykes. Suggest "facepalm" and "fishslap."

That would be two very convincing reasons to resub. Oh and have them reneg on the enhancement changes. That would help, too.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #91 on: October 18, 2005, 08:17:14 AM

If I played City of Heroes again, it'd still be on the "City of Heroes" side. I don't like the looks or powersets in CoV (and can't even role a damn Pirate with Cutlass/Rapier. Screw a bunch of Ninjas and Samurais).
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: October 18, 2005, 08:58:01 AM

If I played City of Heroes again, it'd still be on the "City of Heroes" side. I don't like the looks or powersets in CoV (and can't even role a damn Pirate with Cutlass/Rapier. Screw a bunch of Ninjas and Samurais).

Undead pirate for the win.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #93 on: October 18, 2005, 10:13:36 AM

Signe, those characters look like bulldykes. Suggest "facepalm" and "fishslap."

That would be two very convincing reasons to resub. Oh and have them reneg on the enhancement changes. That would help, too.

Only my two Frau characters are bulldyke-y looking... I don't think Fishwife or Errata are really butch, just very angry and villainy. 

Of course, my characters could always beat up your pasty little schoolgirl characters.  I don't even want to know what your perfect woman would look like... I'm thinking Punky Brewster or that gormless Willow from The Buffy Show.

Will do on the emotes.

schild
Administrator

Reply #94 on: October 19, 2005, 02:06:36 AM

Alyson Hannigan is not gormless. Flat, perhaps. But not gormless. Still, she didn't make Buffy worth watching.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #95 on: October 19, 2005, 07:13:57 AM

She was not only gormless, she was a twit. 

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #96 on: October 20, 2005, 09:21:07 AM

Alsion Hannigan is hawt.

Signe, your characters are all very hip-py. As in they have child-bearing hips. That is all.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #97 on: October 20, 2005, 09:44:42 AM

I like hips but not for the reason you imply.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: October 20, 2005, 10:30:01 AM

Ok, BEST PUMPKIN CARVING EVAR!!!

You so have to put that in your window when all the little bastards come by to beg for candy.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #99 on: October 20, 2005, 10:58:23 AM

hehe... actually someone here posted it last year or maybe it was before from WTO, I don't remember.  I think it absolutely portrays how I feel about the strange tradition of dressing up your little children and sending them out to beg for food once a year.   smiley

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #100 on: October 20, 2005, 11:18:31 AM

hehe... actually someone here posted it last year or maybe it was before from WTO, I don't remember.  I think it absolutely portrays how I feel about the strange tradition of dressing up your little children and sending them out to beg for food once a year.   smiley
Oddly, one of the few traditions in america that set up kids for the real world...
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: October 20, 2005, 02:21:08 PM

Alsion Hannigan is hawt.

Amber Benson FTW. You cannot convince me otherwise. No, do not try. Her big sweet eyes trump your adeptness with obscenities, sir.

It's sad, but I've had access to CoV for about a month now, and have not yet logged in. For a long time, the servers were only up while I was at work (I tend to keep going until 6-8 PM MST). Now they're up all the time, but I no longer feel any compulsion to play it.

I'll post pictures of my CoH characters later, so this is on topic and whatnot.

EDIT: The wrong word came out of my fingers.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 02:44:55 PM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #102 on: October 20, 2005, 02:37:15 PM

I want to see everyone's CoV characters, though... all the skulls and pirates and zombie bikers.  It's nearly Halloween, you know.

"Why can't witches have babies?"
"Because their husbands have halloweenies."

Ha!  Damn that's good stuff!

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #103 on: October 20, 2005, 04:35:50 PM

I've made a few CoV characters, but haven't really taken the time to really do something. And like Stormwaltz said, the 2 hour playing window didn't help much...And now that that's extended, I don't even care to log in anymore either.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: October 21, 2005, 04:26:18 PM

I prefer to make characters that look more like real people rather than concept pieces or technicolor atrocities.

Tara Kelty (30, Storm Summoning / Psionic Blast)

Everyday Wear

She's supposed to be a college girl, so I made her something nice to wear to class. It's hard to tell, but that's a dark green/dark brown plaid. She tends toward earth tones on account of being a hippie witch (see: my previous post).

No, I don't have the witch hat yet. *cries*

And this is her new costume, still being tweaked. Since it's getting on to winter, I figured she'd need something warm to wear. What better than a university sweatshirt and fuzzy red mittens?

Ichigo (21, Claws / Reflexes)

Kind-of based on a character from a not-terribly-good shoujo manga called Tokyo Mew Mew. In school uniform...

...and ready make evil pay for it's badness.

Reyzel (13, Empathy / Dark Miasma)

My arr-pee character. She's a 12 year old homeless orphan. She's a bit nuts since she was dissected and reassembled by the Rikti during the invasion (they used her to figure out how we were put together). They accidentally left some surgical implements inside her. Fortunately, hivemind AI nanorobots are a bit more useful than a clamp or sponge.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 04:29:06 PM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Character Screenshots  
Jump to: