Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:40:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Character Screenshots 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Character Screenshots  (Read 104871 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #35 on: August 21, 2005, 09:09:32 PM

Here is one of many heroes inspired by costume pieces, the Recursive Cat. With bio attached because that's part of the fun.
Hey does the game have a panda accessory now? I'll resub if it does. :-D

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #36 on: August 22, 2005, 01:56:39 AM

It does.  It looks just like the kitty but more panda-ish.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37 on: August 22, 2005, 02:04:18 AM

It does.  It looks just like the kitty but more panda-ish.
Hmm I guess it's time to resub and roll up a toon on Victory.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #38 on: August 22, 2005, 02:26:43 AM

Has to be a female character.

You'll find it under shoulder decorations.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #39 on: August 22, 2005, 02:52:09 AM

Has to be a female character.
Well that's a little annoying. That's normally not a problem for me in MMORPGs but for reasons I can't remember I didn't like the female models in CoH so all my characters were male. I guess I'll have to play with the character builder/costume designer again and see if that's still a problem.

Edit: Here's a pic of my original trio (Controller, Defender, Scrapper from left to right)

« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 05:03:17 AM by Trippy »
Llava
Contributor

Reply #40 on: August 22, 2005, 03:06:42 AM

Good news, you can make a fat chick with gigantinorminous boobies!

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #41 on: August 22, 2005, 04:17:04 AM

Here's an older pic of Sword Crusade, my BS/Inv scrapper.

I'll try to get a newer one after work.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #42 on: August 22, 2005, 01:26:14 PM

Ashen Eidolon, Illusion/Radiation Controller, built in an alternate dimension by a beneficent and extremely talented robotics expert who, in this world, became Dr. Vahzilok.

Eldritch, Warshade

Gin, Dark/Dark Scrapper, the guy who's just too damn pissed off to die.

Llava, my level 50 MA/SR, shapeshifter who uses his power to give himself unnatural agility and strength, wanted a Nightwing-like look for his hero costume

The Third Mortal, Storm/Rad Defender.  He is the Third Mortal. Cain.  He's got a grudge against God and pity for mankind, thinks if he gets enough followers he can overthrow God.  Naturally, he doesn't tell people that last part.

Those are all the characters that are sticking around.  The rest are likely to get deleted when I need the space.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #43 on: August 22, 2005, 06:54:39 PM

So I added a little piece on top of the head this time. I think I've got it. It's amazing how flexible the character creation is, and how it forces me to use pieces to represent something that weren't necessarily intended for it (like for example, when people use gas masks to represent bird/duck bills).

I think that's about as close as I'm gonna get to a Napoleon-ish/Matador type hat (I think Matador hats are supposed to represent bull horns or something anyways).

[edit] I'm gonna be pissed if CoV has a swashbuckler powerset. This guy is using a katana, but a rapier would tempt me to reroll.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 06:58:11 PM by Stray »
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #44 on: August 23, 2005, 05:01:38 AM

So I rolled a new Super Strength tanker named Big Sur. He's kind of a Venice Beach body builder, asshole lifeguard, and California surfer all rolled into one.

Out of the gates

Surf's Up, Dude!!

Alternate costume. Better?

[edit] I just realized that I now have two tanks unintentionally named after Jack Kerouac books. Yay me.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 05:30:51 AM by Stray »
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 23, 2005, 06:13:02 AM

I like the first, more ripply-looking outfit better.

--GF
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 23, 2005, 08:15:50 AM

The first.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #47 on: August 23, 2005, 01:10:09 PM

Yeah, the first one looks more watery.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #48 on: August 23, 2005, 01:19:19 PM

Cool thx. I thought that the second one didn't seem right either (though I guess it kind of resembles a wet suit...).

Too bad that Super Strength tankers aren't what they used to be. I should have made this guy a year ago.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #49 on: August 23, 2005, 02:01:29 PM

I say this without violating any NDA provisions or implying any knowledge about the Brute archetype except for its name and that it is similar to a Tanker, which is something that has been publically discussed by Cryptic developers:

You could wait and make him a Brute.

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 23, 2005, 04:21:04 PM

Cool thx. I thought that the second one didn't seem right either (though I guess it kind of resembles a wet suit...).

Too bad that Super Strength tankers aren't what they used to be. I should have made this guy a year ago.
Yeah, they don't do terrible damage anymore, nor do they have to chase mobs around because they keep knocking them away, nor is Knockout Blow a waste of a power.

Why you'd want to be as ineffective as SS was a year ago is beyond me, but it's probably some sort of concept thing.

--GF
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 23, 2005, 05:16:08 PM

Okay, nice image flood this time.

Another "inspired by the costume piece" creation, Komodo Jade. Setting the boobie slider to minimum broke the clipping on the vest, so I figured it was a sign from God. You probably can't spot the technique I was trying out here, which is all for the best.

Kinesthetic, my little defender. Fast things come in small packages.

Yet another "inspired by the costume piece" creation. Jet Scarab wising fwom his gwave, giving me an excuse to use that Pharoah hat.

Corona Borealis, an attempt to make a rainbow-colored costume that didn't scream "showtunes". Not sure how well it worked.

And my main, Zasani, a fire/energy tank who I swear to God was not created with uber intent. Here she is putting her hours in at Portal Corp and hanging out in alternate dimensions.

Also, street clothes and the obligatory fanservice shot.

I've got a few more lying around but this is most of them.

--GF
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #52 on: August 23, 2005, 06:30:52 PM

but it's probably some sort of concept thing.

Did I do something to provoke you, or did you just forget the green text?

Anyways...Perhaps I should clarify: SS/Invuln.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 24, 2005, 06:15:40 AM

but it's probably some sort of concept thing.

Did I do something to provoke you, or did you just forget the green text?

Anyways...Perhaps I should clarify: SS/Invuln.
Ah, okay, that makes more sense.

It wasn't _just_ you. I forgot the cardinal rule of MMORPGs - stay off the official boards. With the I5 hysteria there tend to be a lot of people who think the game has gone unilaterally downhill since its release, which severely pushes my buttons.

--GF
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #54 on: August 24, 2005, 07:34:18 AM

Ladies!  Ladies!  Please fight in the pool marked Green Jello! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 24, 2005, 09:18:40 AM

What is that cool looking thing floating to your right in the Pic above the Pic with you dancing to the boombox?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 24, 2005, 11:35:23 AM

What is that cool looking thing floating to your right in the Pic above the Pic with you dancing to the boombox?

I think that's Faathim, part of the 3rd Shadow Shard Task Force (Saga of Faathim). I think you free him in the last mission and he will help heal and bubble your team.
Aenovae
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 24, 2005, 04:12:54 PM

I think that's Faathim, part of the 3rd Shadow Shard Task Force (Saga of Faathim). I think you free him in the last mission and he will help heal and bubble your team.

I want a game that lets me play as that guy.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: August 24, 2005, 05:52:15 PM

Faathim, as has been answered. You free him (defeat his prison while under fire from the Circle of Thorn Archmages) at the end of the "Saga of Faathim" task force, which you get from Justin Bloody Frigging Hell Augustine. He serves as the contact for the final Shadow Shard task force, the Saga of Lanaruu, which is a series of about four missions with like six or seven parts apiece. Which is fortunate, because, being an otherdimensional superbeing, he doesn't have a phone, and the Chantry is a right bear to get to.

Also, he's much larger than that; the shot cleverly manipulates perspective to make us appear the same size. Zasani is as tall as you can make a lady (guys get a _touch_ more max height) and she doesn't even come up to the bottom bit of his skirty belty thing.

Here's a more accurate shot.

--GF
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 01, 2005, 07:55:44 PM

Here's one more. A pose from I5 - Big John Snow, ghost hunter. The staff is a Divining Rod, a temporary power that does crazy damage against ghosts. The little purple satellites are Minerals, stone tank armor's defense against psionics which increase perception range - actually useful against ghosts which have some element of innate stealth power.

--GF
schild
Administrator

Reply #60 on: September 01, 2005, 08:49:41 PM

Meet my character, The 0.0dps Panda. The girl is my marionette puppet whom I control via mind bullets.

I5 UBER ALLES. Oh, right, lag. Server unplayable. Logged out after screenshots. And after seeing the experience bar, I blacked out, so I may never log in again.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #61 on: September 01, 2005, 08:56:51 PM

Meet my character, The 0.0dps Panda. The girl is my marionette puppet whom I control via mind bullets.
Ah, is that really the panda? I may have to rethink my resubscription plans if it is. I guess I could check it out for myself now that they've reactivated cancelled accounts for 5 days.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #62 on: September 01, 2005, 09:57:07 PM

I may have to rethink my resubscription plans if it is.

That enticing, huh?  :-D
Llava
Contributor

Reply #63 on: September 02, 2005, 03:00:55 AM

Jesus.

Melons.

schild
Administrator

Reply #64 on: September 02, 2005, 03:22:18 AM

I call the left one "Tara" and the right one "Reid."
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 02, 2005, 05:06:48 AM

Ah, is that really the panda? I may have to rethink my resubscription plans if it is. I guess I could check it out for myself now that they've reactivated cancelled accounts for 5 days.

The colors are modifyable, like everything else in CoH.  Schild just chose light blue instead of a more traditional panda color.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #66 on: September 02, 2005, 05:41:46 AM

The colors are modifyable, like everything else in CoH.  Schild just chose light blue instead of a more traditional panda color.
Yeah I know but the face is like the Cheshire Cat rather than the lovable panda bear face.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #67 on: September 02, 2005, 09:21:59 AM

No, look closer it's got the right stripings, Schild reversed the dark/light of the panda, so the black spots at the eyes are white and so make the eyes look bigger and un-spotted.  (Yes, un-spotted is a technical Panda term)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #68 on: September 02, 2005, 05:46:23 PM

No, look closer it's got the right stripings, Schild reversed the dark/light of the panda, so the black spots at the eyes are white and so make the eyes look bigger and un-spotted.  (Yes, un-spotted is a technical Panda term)
Yes I know they got the strippings right but the head looks wrong (BTW sorry about the colors, it's night time on Victory right now):

Ah, what a cute widdle panda

AHHHHH! What the hell is that! Get it away from me!

Panda! From WoW.

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: September 02, 2005, 05:58:10 PM

Maybe it's a chibi panda.

Alkiera

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Character Screenshots  
Jump to: