Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:07:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Character Screenshots 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Character Screenshots  (Read 104796 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

on: December 27, 2004, 11:19:51 PM

I'm having a hard time settling on just one character, or finding a concept for one. Which one of these seems like a good idea?

Grip -- Gravity/Kinetics Controller.

My favorite power pool. My highest lvl character is a more "human" version on Triumph, but this is the guy I'm rerolling on Freedom. I was going for a kinda "hip robot biker" look, and gave him the robotic arms to explain his powers, but I dunno...Wtf does a "Grip" look like? I don't want to change the name because Grip is a good gravity related word, so...Any suggestions?

Hellhound -- Claws/Dark Armor Scrapper.

Claws look cool, but they suck.

Rasta Man -- Fire/Fire Blaster

Couldn't get the blunt and the beard at the same time.

The concept is fun, but Blasters aren't really my first choice.

Matador -- Katana/Reflex Scrapper

Probably my favorite guy out of the bunch, and with a red cape, he'd probably look dope as hell. I wanted to make a superhero with some kind of cultural relevance, but the name "Lone Star" is forbidden to use (it's a minor NPC name. Bah). Matador was the next best thing I could think of. He's kind of like Spain's version of the "Statesman" (or so I think).

Downsides are that in a game of superheroes, swords are plain and not very super-hero like...But nothing else would make sense for this guy. Also, when I was first made this character when CoH first came out, I got quite a few tells in Spanish. Since I resubbed, I'm getting them again (I'm being serious here).

The Subterranean -- Earth/Earth Tanker

I ganked the name from Kerouac, but it has nothing to do with beatniks. He's just some victim of a freak mining accident.

Downside is: Earth Tankers literally look like shit.

Anyways, suggestions/criticism?

EDIT: Sorry for the shitty quality on the screenshots btw
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 11:38:28 PM

I like Matador the best of the bunch and Subterranean second best. The rest are okay, but I agree that Matador will look badass with a cape.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 11:43:06 PM

Thanks

Actually, I'm going to change the name of the thread from "Judge My Characters" to "Character Screenshots". I'd like to see everyone else's. Not to judge them, but just for fun (though I'm still asking for suggestions if anyone's got 'em, especially for Grip).
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 01:13:44 AM

I like the Matador, but as a note his name is literally the Spanish word for "Killer."  So it's not so much a Statesman-like character.  I'd consider giving him some questionable political beliefs and making him a fun antihero.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 06:52:24 AM

I like the look of your stone/stone tanker a lot. That archetype/poweset is getting some love so I wouldn't put him away. Fire blasters are going to get nerfed hard, I expect, but damn they are great for soloing in the high teens and up.

I have never played WoW.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 07:53:19 AM

Claws suck?  Hmm.  Mines only 11th, I guess the suck comes later.  I support the creation of any scrapper or tank.  At the mid-20s it seems like every group is a bunch of defenders, controllers, and blasters.  Its no fun being the only one on the front line.  You fightfightfightfight-die because everyone else ran off and you never sew em go.

In personal news, I finally got my "Tracer" badge yesterday, after whacking my 200th Tsoo Sorceror.   I just wanted to see if that made me a catass or just a masochist.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 10:54:34 AM

Quote from: Mesozoic
In personal news, I finally got my "Tracer" badge yesterday, after whacking my 200th Tsoo Sorceror.   I just wanted to see if that made me a catass or just a masochist.

That one's not too bad since you can find a lot of Tsoo on Talos Island. The ones I think are a pain in the ass are the Banisher badge (kill 200 Banished Pantheon floating masks) or the Zookeeper badge (kill 10000 ritki monkeys, yes 10000).

I've been thinking of using the demo capabilties of CoH to put all my characters in a single screenshot, like have them all standing on the steps of city hall or something.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 11:58:26 AM

Nothing wrong with Claws.  In fact, it's one of the more damaging sets you can get.  Its attacks recharge very quickly, and I believe that by tossing Hasten on top of that you can stick to cycling just the very damaging attacks (Focus, Evicerate, etc).  It's not as great at AE damage as Spines, nor as great at Single Target damage as Martial Arts, but it's got a very healthy spot between the two.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 12:34:58 PM

I am saving a spot for a Claws/DA when the DA luv happens and they get to stack their armors together.  Claws has a nice punch, has a ranged attack that rocks (well, compair it to the two that are in the tanks line of short-ranged attacks), and with the less endurance needed, it complements the heavy endurance useage of DA.

I currently have 4 dwarf type characters, complete with back stories on how they came down from the mountain up north and got their powers and are off in the quest for broads, battles, and beer!  My spines/regen is parked at 16, as I really want to do the Positron TF, but just don't have 4 hours to sit at the computer and accomplish it.  I can't wait for the patch to go in, as my fire/stone tanker is going to be really fun to play :)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 02:13:16 PM

I like Matador best, too, but I think they're all really good.  You have a good eye!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 09:15:13 PM

Quote from: Signe
I like Matador best, too, but I think they're all really good.  You have a good eye!

Thanks! Now if only I could get xp doing it...So far, I've put zero effort into actually playing.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 01:37:35 PM

I really liked your Hellhound guy, very well done.

What you're really missing is a pirate!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 03:24:25 PM

Matador best, then Hellhound.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 06, 2005, 12:56:16 AM

I'd go with the Earth guy.

Simply because he looks the most different from the majority of other heroes in game.

Horns are overused.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #14 on: January 18, 2005, 04:10:13 AM

Everyone else, post your characters. I didn't intend for this to be just about mine.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 09:00:57 AM

Let me see if I have a screenie sitting around from last year.

Edit:
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 05:34:15 AM

He did the Mash! He did the Monster Mash!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 05:44:15 AM

Very cute!

schmoo
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 02:19:43 PM

Here's a screenshot of one of my characters that I created with the super-secret Test server Playmate Character Editor that I get to use because I am an incredibly excellent tester and nice guy:

I'm told that the PCE is going live sometime in the next decade.

Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 02:50:54 PM

Zoomed in on her thong and I saw this!

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 03:01:16 PM

You inspire me.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #21 on: February 23, 2005, 11:35:12 AM

Cosmic Anomaly, original costume and new 'second act' dark costume, with and w/o stealth. Energy/energy blastola.

Tough to make out the dark costume in that lighting, though. Had to zone out of DA to get it even that good. Of course, first time logging him on in a few months now...forgot how to switch hotbars and fell off the building I had logged on..rooted and quickly killed...welcome back, I guess...
Llava
Contributor

Reply #22 on: February 23, 2005, 11:35:59 AM

You inspire me.

Ha, nice avatar.

I like the new costume, Sky.  Sort of an outer-space hero look.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #23 on: February 23, 2005, 12:40:58 PM

Thanks. I should really write up his backstory to solidify it (and so I can remember it, heh). He was originally a sort of Galactus herald type, an alien imbued with the Power Cosmic (energy powersets). I forgot most of the setup for my 'second act', which, in traditional fiction, is the darkest. I got inspired when I took the Stealth powerset to do something darker, and it fit where he fell in the level spectrum...it was something about a cosmic anomaly (for teh irony!) warping his powers with dark matter or some shite. Had to give him a helmet, because white hair and blue skin wasn't working out too well on most designs...

It's amazing how invested you can become when you don't look like every third bastard on the server.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: February 23, 2005, 12:42:02 PM

Oooh... I like that too, Sky.  Very smooth and sexah with a sinister air.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 25, 2005, 08:09:31 AM

My main, Captain Pansy:

And my Kheldian, Floodlight:

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #26 on: February 25, 2005, 10:04:51 AM

Captain Pansy... hehe.  It makes me giggle.

Llava
Contributor

Reply #27 on: February 25, 2005, 11:12:59 AM

You can see two of my main characters here:
http://www.creyindustries.com/viewhero.php?id=7663
http://www.creyindustries.com/viewhero.php?id=11810

You don't have to read the whole stories. I know they're long.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #28 on: August 15, 2005, 09:13:00 AM

NECRO

I was trying to redesign my Grav controller, but this time around, I was looking for something more standard men-in-tights superhero-ish looking (most of my characters are either technological, in leather, or something or other...generally, they think they're "too cool" for tights heh)

Anyways, I can't seem to come up with anything better than this scheme, but can't decide on one detai:

Rings on the head?

Or mohawk?

Opinions?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 12:41:46 PM by Stray »
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 15, 2005, 09:34:27 AM

I like the rings.

AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 15, 2005, 09:55:59 AM

Definitely the rings. But it could just be the lighting making that picture look better.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 12:43:29 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I was leaning that way too, but thought that the rings might be a little corny (But what the hell...it's a superhero video game, after all). It seems to mesh better with the saturn chest design anyways.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #32 on: August 21, 2005, 02:22:45 AM

I finally got my cape for the bullfighter dude..Changed his costume around too (expensive!).

The old Matador

New version

I decided to go for a 'Dia de Los Muertos' look. The beret just wasn't cutting it. Maybe I'll give him bull horns or something..I dunno.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #33 on: August 21, 2005, 11:27:47 AM

Umm...Yeah. Horns are much better.  smiley

And dangit, more people need to post their pics. Please?
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 21, 2005, 04:46:05 PM

Okay, a couple of shots. Just ones I could shop into something decent.

Here is one of many heroes inspired by costume pieces, the Recursive Cat. With bio attached because that's part of the fun.

And here's EMP EMT, destroying a warehouse in order to save it. I realize he's partially obscured, but winning the Hammerspace Lottery was too good to pass up.

More screenshots as opportunities arise.

--GF
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 04:54:15 PM by Glazius »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Character Screenshots  
Jump to: