Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:04:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1270582 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4235 on: November 30, 2010, 01:04:00 PM

Remember how it sucked after you were done with that god damn quest, that you had to drive your dude back to the quest hub and he sent you right back to the place you just came from?  No more.  Now that quest auto-completes, and you get the next one right there in the middle of wherever in front of god and everybody. 

Is this something that only happens after a certain level, or something?  I started up a couple new characters to check out the new content, and I've had to turn everything in as I always have.

Some quests do it, some don't. Usually once the travel distances start to get large they become more common. An example would be on the Nesingwary quests in STV; now when you take down your 10th young panther, instead of having to go back to turn it in you get a little popup you can click on for the next step, it says something like "Now that you've warmed up on these, you think it would be a good idea to go try some bigger ones" or whatever. Other conceits they use for the 'popup' quest completion instead of a normal turn-in are NPCs casting mind vision on you, using a communication device of some sort to talk to you, the NPC actually coming along with you on the quests, etc.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #4236 on: November 30, 2010, 01:21:08 PM

Is that pet raptor quest in Stranglethorn a new one? It's pretty cool.

There's a quest that's giving me fits tho: High Priestess Venoxis

(lol looks like she used to be a level 60 mob; I'm 35 now)

Yeah, it's new, and I totally wanna go rescue the poor li'l tyke!

I do find it annoying I can't just kill Mandokir, even though I've soloed him a ludicrous number of times trying to get the raptor mount.  I know, I know; mid-level quest zone and all, but still aggravating.  Makes me want to send the Blasted Lands storytellers down to punch him in the face  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #4237 on: November 30, 2010, 02:14:33 PM

I got to punch Deathwing in the face today.  Heart

That quest chain is  awesome, for real

The caravan chain in EPL is still my favorite so far of the stuff I've done (I am totally joining the Paladin Pals), but that one was right up there. I don't often laugh out loud at stuff in my fake internet world, but the third guy having his story interupted by the other two made me lose my shit.  Heart

I also like Lunk from the Searing Gorge quests.  He's hillarious.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4238 on: November 30, 2010, 07:18:09 PM

Apparently Linken is gone from ungoro crater and the turtle quest is gone from tanaris, that's kinda sad.

I am the .00000001428%
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4239 on: November 30, 2010, 07:39:28 PM

So how does a horde character get to the islands anymore? Like the ne one? Or just wait for a flight license?

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4240 on: November 30, 2010, 08:20:38 PM

Water walking (potion, DK, Shaman) across the river from Darkshore.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4241 on: November 30, 2010, 08:41:14 PM

Well, I somehow got a quest that involved and instance dungeon. The dungeon itself was pretty "meh", but the technology behind dungeon queues and such I wasn't prepared for. I didn't know I'd basically get summoned to the dungeon (which was nice). I also didn't know that the dungeon popup I saw later on wasn't a bug that was trying to get me to join another group, but the party leader trying to switch dungeons (our tank left the group, so switching apparently was the quickest way to get a tank).

eta: I've really enjoyed the quest system until the past couple of days. It's been nearly perfect until now. I've had 2 quests that don't appear on the map. One turned out to be an instanced dungeon that I couldn't solo. I don't mind grouping, I just wish I would have gotten a headsup that it was full of elites (there was an earlier quest in Westfall that did warn the player that an elite mob was involved). I've had another quest that AFAICT is not solvable unless I chain stun the mob (or perhaps one perfectly timed stun? I'll have to test).

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:07:18 PM by Raguel »
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #4242 on: December 01, 2010, 02:54:39 AM

Blizzard is the devil. I was home sick yesterday and decided to try an undead hunter now that they're available and lo and behold, the whole newbie experience is way different quest, story and geography wise. Kudos to them for figuring out a way to get me to do lowbie content again for the upteen billionth time. I'll give fair warning to any new undead; I don't know if the very first quest is bugged or if my game just glitched but I spent 20 minutes or so running around in the Shadow Grave desperately looking for the twine and embalming fluid. Couldn't find it. I thought 'Wow! Maybe they've taken out the 'sparklies' and made things interesting or maybe there's a secret wall or something!'. Then I watched another player kneel down and do things by one of the tables. I went over and looked, still nothing. Then on a hunch I logged out and logged back in. Sure enough, the items were right there, just weren't displaying for me the first time around. I did get a good chuckle  out of the head on the table with the one eye that keeps looking around.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4243 on: December 01, 2010, 05:59:13 AM

Well, I somehow got a quest that involved and instance dungeon. The dungeon itself was pretty "meh", but the technology behind dungeon queues and such I wasn't prepared for. I didn't know I'd basically get summoned to the dungeon (which was nice). I also didn't know that the dungeon popup I saw later on wasn't a bug that was trying to get me to join another group, but the party leader trying to switch dungeons (our tank left the group, so switching apparently was the quickest way to get a tank).

eta: I've really enjoyed the quest system until the past couple of days. It's been nearly perfect until now. I've had 2 quests that don't appear on the map. One turned out to be an instanced dungeon that I couldn't solo. I don't mind grouping, I just wish I would have gotten a headsup that it was full of elites (there was an earlier quest in Westfall that did warn the player that an elite mob was involved). I've had another quest that AFAICT is not solvable unless I chain stun the mob (or perhaps one perfectly timed stun? I'll have to test).

Bolded: if someone drops, the party leader will requeue you for the same instance exactly where you are. It just puts your group at the front of the queue for X missing party member (tank, healer, dps)

You can also requeue, but people tend not to do that in pick up groups.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #4244 on: December 01, 2010, 09:10:40 AM

Blizzard is the devil. I was home sick yesterday and decided to try an undead hunter now that they're available and lo and behold, the whole newbie experience is way different quest, story and geography wise. Kudos to them for figuring out a way to get me to do lowbie content again for the upteen billionth time. I'll give fair warning to any new undead; I don't know if the very first quest is bugged or if my game just glitched but I spent 20 minutes or so running around in the Shadow Grave desperately looking for the twine and embalming fluid. Couldn't find it. I thought 'Wow! Maybe they've taken out the 'sparklies' and made things interesting or maybe there's a secret wall or something!'. Then I watched another player kneel down and do things by one of the tables. I went over and looked, still nothing. Then on a hunch I logged out and logged back in. Sure enough, the items were right there, just weren't displaying for me the first time around. I did get a good chuckle  out of the head on the table with the one eye that keeps looking around.

I've been playing an undead hunter and I've found I'm actually reading the quest text and paying attention.  Next thing I know mobs are gray to me and I have 5 talent points to spend, but who cares, fuck you bloodfang!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #4245 on: December 01, 2010, 09:49:28 AM

Blizzard is the devil. I was home sick yesterday and decided to try an undead hunter now that they're available and lo and behold, the whole newbie experience is way different quest, story and geography wise. Kudos to them for figuring out a way to get me to do lowbie content again for the upteen billionth time

I am actually home sick today and playing an undead hunter. I did undead first and it's always been one of my favorite zones, but this is just fantastic. Everything makes sense. I tend to avoid any sort of questing if I can help it, but yes, even I am reading the quest text through here.

Next up the new deadmines.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4246 on: December 01, 2010, 09:56:44 AM

I can't help but think back to all the discussions where I suggested Blizzard should go back and update their newbie areas, because I think people would enjoy it.  I was told in all kinds of ways that I was wrong.

"Blizzard would never spend money on old content!  You fail the gaming business newb!"

Blah!
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4247 on: December 01, 2010, 10:19:27 AM

I've been playing an undead hunter and I've found I'm actually reading the quest text and paying attention. 

Yes, I've found slowing down and actually reading each quest has been really rewarding. The whole Forsaken leveling path through Hillsbrad has been really fun and impressive to see how much basic questing has improved since vanilla. I appreciate the humor woven throughout the experience, both subtle and overt. It all just works like a well-oiled machine.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4248 on: December 01, 2010, 10:35:40 AM

Next thing I know mobs are gray to me and I have 5 talent points to spend, but who cares, fuck you bloodfang!

Once I got to Darkshore (the night elf newbie newb zone is essentially the same but better, the quests flow better and there's a lot less running around like an idiot), this has pretty much been my experience too. Darkshore is pretty depressing, though. But on the other hand, I got to explode a billion murlocs. It's a good balance!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

God Save the Horn Players
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #4249 on: December 01, 2010, 10:42:12 AM

While you're in Darkshore, don't forget to check out the whirlpool. Make sure you check really close...

Wet rocks and hooves apparently meant my shaman got a lot closer look than she was planning on, but the results were rather interesting.
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4250 on: December 01, 2010, 11:06:47 AM

Standing on top of what's left of the dam in Loch Modan brought back memories of saving it on my hunter years ago. Seeing chunks of it strewn down into the Wetlands made me a little sad.

Kudos to Blizzard for that. It's not often that MMO's evoke those kind of feelings.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4251 on: December 01, 2010, 11:07:45 AM

My dam  Heartbreak

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #4252 on: December 01, 2010, 11:50:06 AM

The whole Forsaken leveling path through Hillsbrad has been really fun and impressive to see how much basic questing has improved since vanilla. I appreciate the humor woven throughout the experience, both subtle and overt.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4253 on: December 01, 2010, 12:44:35 PM

I totally laughed and made Ingmar read that the second I saw that.  Heart

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4254 on: December 01, 2010, 01:53:43 PM

As an undead player of 5 years I laughed, I cried.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #4255 on: December 01, 2010, 02:59:05 PM

I didn't know who Marshal Redpath was but mirth was definitely invoked when I "woke" the next guy, Valdred Moray. I distinctly remember doing *that* quest first time around but probably because I was doing the 'lock Succubus quest at the same time.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #4256 on: December 01, 2010, 03:02:39 PM

This one sent me on a double take and then the lulz happened.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4257 on: December 01, 2010, 03:28:42 PM

I didn't know who Marshal Redpath was but mirth was definitely invoked when I "woke" the next guy, Valdred Moray. I distinctly remember doing *that* quest first time around but probably because I was doing the 'lock Succubus quest at the same time.

That Redpath was a questgiver in poor, lost Southshore. I can't remember what he sent me to murder, probably the ogres. But I mostly loved him in his forsaken form for his revolutionary ideas concerning elbows.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #4258 on: December 01, 2010, 04:57:14 PM

This one sent me on a double take and then the lulz happened.  awesome, for real

Poo, I just did that, and while the others were humorous, I never got that message.  They did a bang up job on this shit.  I'm going to have to do all the starting areas now!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4259 on: December 01, 2010, 05:36:48 PM

Redridge story line parallels Rambo... and then you get a tank. It is AWESOME.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4260 on: December 01, 2010, 05:50:44 PM

RUN TO YOUR DARK GODS, YOU FILTHY ANIMALS!

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4261 on: December 01, 2010, 05:56:19 PM

Redridge story line parallels Rambo... and then you get a tank. It is AWESOME.

I've run into a handful of these types of quests now ("Your op'd toon is now GODLIKE. Go kill 100 rats!") but Redridge is by far the best.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4262 on: December 01, 2010, 10:12:50 PM

deleted my late answer to a question answered up the page.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 10:17:55 PM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #4263 on: December 01, 2010, 10:27:04 PM

What UI is that, I have to have it.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4264 on: December 01, 2010, 11:19:10 PM

Heh. It's just a button bar addon (dominos) and a unit frame addon (pitbull maybe).

Pretty close to the stock UI unless there's a lot of other stuff running under the covers.

Actually looks pretty similar to what I'm running now. I haven't bothered to get anything fancy going.  Why bother, leveling isn't hard.

-Rasix
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #4265 on: December 02, 2010, 01:15:08 AM

Yeah, the unit frames are probably Shadowed Unit Frames or PitBull.  I'll guess the former just because that's what I'm running.

Bar mod really could be anything, although I don't recognize the big keyring button versus the usual skinny one so it's not Bartender (Dominos then?).  Nearly every bar mod is going to let you hide the artwork and move the mini buttons and bags around.  And that's really it from the looks of it.  Maybe use Align if you're feeling anal retentive (although you shouldn't need it with sUF at least).

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #4266 on: December 02, 2010, 02:16:58 AM

Pic

I was doing that quest chain last night. Loved that the Orc collecting the boxes stacks them five high in an improbable, cartoony way (which is bound to piss off the "immersion-or-death" crowd which delights me even more  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?) and then the whole "they got their arses kicked because they were sober - better give 'em beer to fight better" quest tickled my fancy too.

So, question I have is that, having mutally established that the Undead starting zones up to and including Hillsbrad are full of win, what are the ally zones like now? I gather that Westfall has a CSI theme and that Redridge is Rambo based but have they made significant changes to Elwynn forest questing too?  Is it on a par? Better? Nowhere near as good?

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4267 on: December 02, 2010, 02:21:32 AM

I think there are some orcs instead of Defias in a couple places. I didn't hang around much, but it didn't look like much changed.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4268 on: December 02, 2010, 03:26:06 AM

There's no achieve for Elwynn and I'm full up on characters and can't roll a newb so I skipped it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #4269 on: December 02, 2010, 03:42:13 AM

Yeah, the unit frames are probably Shadowed Unit Frames or PitBull.  I'll guess the former just because that's what I'm running.

Bar mod really could be anything, although I don't recognize the big keyring button versus the usual skinny one so it's not Bartender (Dominos then?).  Nearly every bar mod is going to let you hide the artwork and move the mini buttons and bags around.  And that's really it from the looks of it.  Maybe use Align if you're feeling anal retentive (although you shouldn't need it with sUF at least).

Dominos and ShadowedUnitFrames. Always liked a "clean" screen so I cobbled a few odds and ends together and moved shit around to my liking.

Finished those Silverpine quests in the series and the banter with Godfrey, Ashbury, and Walden (not to mention Godfrey and his shotgun of redemption) is priceless.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: