Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:03:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1253012 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

on: August 14, 2009, 06:45:43 PM

As posted on MMO-champion, I'll edit out the parts that run out to be false.  I will say I'm not sure about re-doing lots of old content, doing molten core again with updated loot, even if a thousand times easier is not something i find interesting at all.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 07:04:48 PM

I can see this.  Thrall's a bit too nice now that Wrynn is in the picture.  This way, Thrall still gets to be awesome, and the Horde and Alliance can (lore-wise) really go at it.

Still mostly a 'wait and see'.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 07:08:55 PM

More alleged big spoilers:

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 07:13:35 PM

The number of changes that also are supposed to be in the upcoming patch lead me to believe that stupid fuckers are writing up their fantasies as patch notes again.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 07:22:30 PM

I hope the guild misses me when I defect to the Horde.  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 07:32:27 PM

I hope the guild misses me when I defect to the Horde.  Heart

Welcome to the right side of the game.

I'll be over here rolling my TAUREN PRIEST

YEAH

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 07:37:06 PM

Troll druid mon, we got da real mojo.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 07:55:02 PM

I had a whole lot of bitching all typed out, then I realized, who am I kidding, I'll end up buying it eventually, whether it is like this or not. cry
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 07:55:36 PM

Troll druid mon, we got da real mojo.
After I got my tauren druid to 80 and raid geared!

While most of those changes do seem quite probable, I will wait and see when it's finally released.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 07:57:03 PM

But seriously, fuck garrosh....right in the ass.  If saurfang doesn't eventually shove an arcanite reaper down his throat i will be pissed.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 07:57:59 PM

For Gnomeregan!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 08:30:12 PM

Oh, lord, I hope that stuff's inaccurate.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 08:36:27 PM

They're making it very easy for me to quit after I pwn Arthas and wait out SWTOR while playing some freerealms...

swamp poop 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 08:51:16 PM

I think it's a great idea if it's true.  The old world has gotten stale and boring.  Hasn't pretty much every person posting in the WoW forum here has complained about how awful it is to level because they've already seen everything so often already?  Well, now everything will be new again!

Over and out.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 08:52:10 PM

Yeah, it'd make an awesome patch.

But recycling content as an expansion?

Yeah, I don't know.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 08:53:07 PM

I'm actually interested in revamping old zones, not sure if ill like the phasing if i have to do the same quests on every single alt i have....(maybe having to do quests to unphase the capitol cities is meant to help curtail goldspammers?)

it's the lore im not liking.....FUCK garrosh, it's enough to make me roll worgen.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 09:10:19 PM

Putting a Hellscream in charge sounds like a terrific idea. Thrall really is a tactical genius.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 09:35:20 PM

The game needs this. I have no idea how Blizzard keeps getting new subs with its current old-world content - as a newcomer to the game less than a year ago, I was only able to stomach 1-60 because of RAF. Trying to level a second character, after my triple experience ran out, was terrible, and part of why I quit. A leveling revamp would add to the game's playability and stickiness immensely. Assuming they don't fuck it up, of course. If this is just their way of getting vehicles into the old world... well.

And yeah, generally I don't give a shit about lore, but... Cairne's son? Because TB really needed a less high-profile leader?
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 09:51:46 PM

It's been painfully obvious that Thrall was on the way out and Garrosh on the way in ever since their little scuffle during the WOTLK lead-in. Noise about Saurfang was never anything but fanboy wanking over a character who has been more or less invisible throughout the entire expansion.

And it's about fucking time.

That "Horde and Alliance have to put aside their differences and cooperate against (raid boss) or the world is doomed!" shit wore the fuck out years ago.

Quote from: ME A FEW DAYS AGO
I'm gonna laugh when not only does Varian survive, but they kill off Thrall and make Garrosh the new Warchief. We've watched the whole "Alliance and Horde cooperate" thing go totally out the window this expansion, and the idea that they've done all this just so they can reverse the whole thing at the end and have everyone make up and go out for frosty chocolate milkshakes together is pretty hilarious.

Only difference is that they're putting Thrall out to pasture in a Tirion sort of role rather than killing him off.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 09:54:29 PM by WindupAtheist »

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 09:55:16 PM

Hasn't pretty much every person posting in the WoW forum here has complained about how awful it is to level because they've already seen everything so often already?
The biggest problem is the sheer amount of "go here, now run across the continent and 5 zones to turn something in, then go BACK to another continent and zone to get the actual quest" that was present in the old world.  Flying across Kalimdor and Old Kingdoms is just flat out painful in the time consumption aspect.  If quests were more centralized and actually gave loot that was... you know, itemized well for your class (the sheer amount of +spirit only cloth items or mail with strength only is just unreal) then there would be a reason to do the quests and enjoy.  As it is now, most of the stuff is passable until you get to outlands where itemization improves so much more that it almost becomes trivial.  A revamp of the old world in that nature is really all that is needed, although massive changes as described sure are interesting to think about.  Good thing I already did Loremaster =P
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 10:00:35 PM

Quote from: ME BACK IN MAY
The game could use a revamp. Old world zones refurbished and improved so that you wouldn't hear "The blood elf starter area was cool but then it was back to the barrens or something, bleh!" anymore. The world and engine rebuilt with vehicles and flight and 200 person battles in mind from the beginning. Phasing used tastefully from the start. Things like that, just sort of a second fresh start in general, with the benefit of everything they've learned over the years.

Dunno as they'll really mess with the engine a whole lot or how close they'll come to 200 person battles that actually work all right, but I basically called it. Except for the fact that I immediately followed this up with "Aw, but they'll never do all THAT!"

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 10:05:22 PM

I'll believe this shit when I actually see it announced rather than relying entirely upon people speculating in a Something Awful thread (yes that's where all of this came from).

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 10:08:38 PM

This is officially the "all our best guys are working on the new mmo" expansion, but looks to have been planned quite well.

Not going to get me playing, but it should do enough to keep the world ticking over. Flying everywhere, if true, would be very awesome.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 10:26:48 PM

If this turns out to be accurate, and were I still playing WoW, I'd be borderline insulted. The folks who made WoW the money printing monster that it is deserve better.

This is a glorified content patch, not a retail expansion.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 10:30:08 PM

It also reeks of fucking Goon.  But nobody is letting that bother them.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 10:34:07 PM

And it's about fucking time.

That "Horde and Alliance have to put aside their differences and cooperate against (raid boss) or the world is doomed!" shit wore the fuck out years ago.

The problem is, there IS always a bigger threat which makes the Horde vs. Alliance slapfight look completely retarded.  I mean, all this crap between Garosh and King Humanguy looks completely asinine with The Lich King about to roll over the entire planet.  In theory, anyway, in practice, I suspect it'll take something around ten guys to put an end to his plans for global domination, but I'm getting off track...

If Blizz wants to escalate things, fine.  Do it as a PvP expansion, though.  And I don't think that's what this is, or we wouldn't have all this junk with Azshara and whoever else.  Shouting "WE'RE AT WAR, AAAAARGH" while everyone continues to collect ten rat tails to unlock Azshara's secret base is all kinds of stupid. What's the point of saying the Horde and the Alliance are at War if the players can't do anything about it?  And I don't see any real player involvement in a war in Warcraft as feasable, given how everything has been balanced around static, repeatable content and 5-man arenas for however many years now.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 10:52:11 PM

I'm with you on that, Kail. Part of the reason King Chin the Douchebag irritates me is because it's so forced. His hating the Horde is forced, his being an asshat about it is forced, and him refusing to settle down and realise the Lich King is the Bigger Problem Right Now is also forced. It's all contrived to make it seem like the Alliance and the Horde are on TEH BRINK OF REAL WAR AGAIN - but we ALL KNOW that will never ever ever happen on the PvE servers, so it's stupid and pointless.

My only issues with the leaks (I am assuming they're all true for the sake of my posts, I've taken most of this with the required shakers of salt) thus far are the lore ones. But given Blizzard's lore is in the hands of a bunch of glorified fanfic writers anyway, I'm not really surprised or disappointed by it. I'll just roll my eyes like I always do.

Redoing the world, if it's anywhere near the scope of what it sounds like, is awesome. It's NOT a glorified content patch, because it sounds like they're basically rebuilding the main world (they HAVE to if they let us fly across it). You'd have to be crazy to expect that in a patch.

God Save the Horn Players
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 10:54:50 PM

Why would RAAR KILL WARRIOR KILL horde dude have someone secretly assassinated. Even if you follow the lollore plot here, that's completely out of character.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 10:56:51 PM

Real or fake, I think this sounds pretty good. I've stated many times my willingness to pay for the ability to fly in the old world. If a major revamp is what it takes, so be it. The lorelol lives up to everything we've gotten since, well, WoW launched, so I'm not really disappointed there.

Two new races, more race/class combos allowed, at least 3 new zones and a revamp of the entire world...that's just a content patch? Really?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 11:03:21 PM

I'm going to go 95% that they are making this shit up. It's horrible business if they aren't. I'm not going to pay for an entire expansion where I go back to the same continent I spent the first year on, rerunning the same shit I did with new skins. That's Trials of Atlantis level stupid.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 11:07:22 PM

I'm going to go 95% that they are making this shit up. It's horrible business if they aren't. I'm not going to pay for an entire expansion where I go back to the same continent I spent the first year on, rerunning the same shit I did with new skins. That's Trials of Atlantis level stupid.

Nah, ToA level stupid requires you to level your pants again.

If they make me get level 60 MC gear and have to grind it to 80, then we're ToA.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 11:17:22 PM

Two new races, more race/class combos allowed, at least 3 new zones and a revamp of the entire world...that's just a content patch? Really?

If you're willing to pay a retail price for that feature list, more power to ya. I think it's shit on a stick considering the amount of rehashed drivel that list drips with. Also, don't make those new race / class combos out to be something glorious. Those are a no shame cash in on faction transfers.

Edit: Again, if this list is accurate. I'm far from sold that it is.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:20:28 PM by Falwell »
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 11:23:15 PM

I'm sorry, were people sleeping when wotlk came out? Now, I've got reservations but if this patch can come anywhere near the scope of wotlk was at release it's worth the money.  Redesigning entire zones is a lot different from re-texturing and isn't a changing game world exactly what people want? 

Now I know that I and anyone else wants to experience new content but new content != new landmass.  If they do this right I'm betting the cut the levelling zones in half and turn the other half into post 80 zones.

also, what happens to mankirks wife? that's the real issue.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 11:27:51 PM

She stood in the fire.

Not sold on what I'm seeing here so far. It'll really all hinge for me on how Goblins are implemented.  Another 5 levels (if done well) is worth a box purchase and a month's sub for me.

I always kind of wanted to make a gnome priest, heh.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 11:28:23 PM

I'm sorry, were people sleeping when wotlk came out? Now, I've got reservations but if this patch can come anywhere near the scope of wotlk was at release it's worth the money.  Redesigning entire zones is a lot different from re-texturing and isn't a changing game world exactly what people want? 

Now I know that I and anyone else wants to experience new content but new content != new landmass.  If they do this right I'm betting the cut the levelling zones in half and turn the other half into post 80 zones.

also, what happens to mankirks wife? that's the real issue.
Emphasis mine. Rather than every expansion just add some new dimension or continent or whatever the fuck, I would prefer the world gradually evolve. I want things to happen TO the world, not just new places appear for us to quest in. That's fucking silly. This is a perfect opportunity to advance the quests we've been grinding out for the last 5 years.

If this info is true, this is the perfect answer to everyone's cry of "let me start at 55/65/75." I wouldn't mind leveling another character if I didn't have to do the same quests for the 10th time.

Bet Mankrik's wife will replace Baron Rivendare in Naxx 3.0

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: