Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Pew pew pew, lets just ignore the GCD 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pew pew pew, lets just ignore the GCD  (Read 45420 times)
fuser
Terracotta Army

on: May 04, 2009, 04:56:40 PM

http://forums.warhammeronline.com/warhammer/board/message?board.id=bug_1-2-1&thread.id=2846

Like the old Demolition bug, by scripting multiple button presses into a gamepad within one GCD you can fire spells 3-6x.  BWs are currently running around firing off 4 and 5  scorched earth instantly killing people.  They can also do this with Firebreath.  WLs are also running around killing people with their pet using the same thing in 1 GCD.  8000+ damage in 1 GCD.  I will have screenshots later.

This is along the same lines as all the disables being able to be stacked using this same issue.

This is BEYOND game breaking. Entire WBs are being wiped out by BWs charging and killing everyone in seconds.  War Machine from Skull Throne has at least 4 BWs doing this at them moment, feel free to view any scenario they are in for proof.

As covered by the poster if you script a G15 or gamepad with multiple button presses you beat the GCD and get off a bunch of spells. BW are useing the PBAoE with no cooldown to level war bands now bad?

I took ton of screenshots with WL's doing over 7k dmg to me in only 2 seconds with there pets. I also have a WL and can do the same to others and it's just so sad... I can drop a Chosen on my WL in less then 6 seconds.. Drop Doks on my WL in 1 second... Really needs to be fixed.

Choppers, etc everyone seems to be exploiting it, any active players comment on how bad it really is?
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 05:03:42 PM

Is anyone here actually surprised by this turn of events?

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 05:06:44 PM

This explains what happened here:

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=16797.msg636966#msg636966

It wasn't (just) lag it was his keyboard macros.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 06:10:58 PM

Wow, that's broke as hell.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 06:51:30 PM

In that other thread there were complaints that the Destruction guy was cheating, but the Order players who used the same technique did such things unknowingly. I really hate the hypocrisy.

Also, it appear that twisting on a G15 was originally declared as a legal game mechanic. Roh-roh.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 06:55:36 PM

I haven't noticed anyone doing this on Monolith.  However it would be hard to tell if Choppas are doing it, cuz there are like a billion of them.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 07:12:04 PM

Did they not bother with sanity checks on anything?  Geezus this is shoddy programming.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 07:21:35 PM

It's the way to effectively stack auras, afaik. Any class with an aura can pull this 'feature' off.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 07:23:07 PM

Mythic has ALWAYS had lag problems with their games.  Lag casting, circle strafing, lag jumping, etc in DAoC and now this.  I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 07:54:14 PM

Makes me almost want to resub! (I have a G15) Guess they're doing something right.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 08:58:47 PM

Makes me almost want to resub! (I have a G15) Guess they're doing something right.  awesome, for real

Lol. I do too and I thought - hrm, could be fun for a month. But no.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 04:56:38 AM

I play on Gorfang and cant say Ive seen it, but doesnt mean it cant be done. 
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 05:25:43 AM

There is a mod that is meant to do this - not sure if it is against TOS or not.

EDIT - might not be exactly the same thing, having taken a closer look, but I'm pretty sure it can be used to exploit the same issue.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 05:29:55 AM by UnSub »

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 07:56:20 AM

Did they not bother with sanity checks on anything?  Geezus this is shoddy programming.

Spinning star Spinning star Spinning star

Over and out.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 08:12:14 AM

heeheeheehee
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 08:35:06 AM

Havent seen it on volkmar either, i've seen aura stacking caused by extreme lag though and i was on a fort defense that took two and a half hours (they are supposed to last exactly one hour).

I am the .00000001428%
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 08:51:23 AM

[...] i was on a fort defense that took two and a half hours (they are supposed to last exactly one hour).
That's some serious lag man. awesome, for real

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 09:51:27 AM

ACK!
 swamp poop
 Ohhhhh, I see.

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 10:22:38 AM

Havent seen it on volkmar either, i've seen aura stacking caused by extreme lag though and i was on a fort defense that took two and a half hours (they are supposed to last exactly one hour).

The last 2 nights Order has capped a zone in T4 and the zone never locked.  Sometimes the timers are off and it takes a minute or 2 longer after the timers 0 out but in this case it didnt period.  GG.  Nice to spend 2 hours taking a zone to not have it cap for the reknown bonus.  Also sucks to defend a Fort for 55 minutes, wipe destro to have them run back and kill the Fort Lord on the bottom floor :P
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 10:25:29 AM

They always had issue with GCD and rabid keypressing. I remember on my Chosen last time you can actually trigger all 8 aura if you had a macro or keybind.
Even a simultaneous keypress is enough to trigger 2-3 aura at once for the cost of 1 too.

Eh, let it burn I say aint resubbing even though friends are restarting in Volkmar. Have no idea what made them display 'HAVE TO HAVE PVP MMO' attitude.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 09:13:02 AM

Warrants a psyduck smiley, imo.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 11:29:44 AM

Well, at least they are fixing the problem. Or maybe not:

Due to the complexity of the changes, it becomes very difficult to simply separate out specific items from the patch without altering other changes in unexpected ways. As a result of this, and to ensure the very best possible patch content, we have decided to split the Career balance changes out of our 1.3 patch. This will allow us to continue working with our Public Test community to further shape the upcoming career adjustments into a more stable, understandable, and fun experience for all.

Four months down the road and the balance changes everyone's been asking for get punted to the next patch.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 12:09:36 PM

I love how they always choose to add new content then fix current problems, then again most MMO companies do that :P
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 12:28:25 PM

Well, at least they are fixing the problem. Or maybe not:

Due to the complexity of the changes, it becomes very difficult to simply separate out specific items from the patch without altering other changes in unexpected ways. As a result of this, and to ensure the very best possible patch content, we have decided to split the Career balance changes out of our 1.3 patch. This will allow us to continue working with our Public Test community to further shape the upcoming career adjustments into a more stable, understandable, and fun experience for all.

Four months down the road and the balance changes everyone's been asking for get punted to the next patch.

Style review!  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 07:59:01 AM

Just don't ask for Evade I for Thanes.  Ever.

Over and out.
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 01:02:44 PM

Patch 1.3 was going to make or break warhammer anyway.  Now throw in control over a shiny new realm with all the GCD exploits and class imbalance issues we have now, and it makes it easier for the dominant realm to maintain control over it most of the time.  People have already been logging in less due to the horrible imbalances 1.2 and 1.2.1 brought us, and they are going to be even more disgusted without major class adjustments.

It reminds me of AOC in a way.  AOC kept adding crap that no one asked for while ignoring the immediate issues that were screwing up gameplay.  Warhammer has basically followed the same exact path by wasting resources to produce things no one asked for instead of actually.......fixing the fucking game in a way players did request.

If LotD launches and the super zergs and insta gib classes continue to rule the day, then Warhammer is toast shortly after AION launches.  Like it or hate it, that game has gotten super buzz and good word of mouth in the Warhammer community, and it will eat War's lunch if the game is still in its current horrible state at that point in time.

I never wish a gaming company to fail, but I don't feel sorry for the ones that are too stupid to see the forest due to the trees.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 06:20:03 PM

WAR has already failed. It doesn't really matter what they do now.

The only reason that the most resilient-to-Mythic-fuckheadedness players have stuck around is there hasn't been a reasonable PvP alternative yet.

If DAoC were released today as a new RvR experience, it would clobber WAR's sub base. Maybe AION will do that; something sooner than later will.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 06:55:10 PM

Just don't ask for Evade I for Thanes.  Ever.

Shaking fist

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Chockonuts
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 11:41:53 PM

If LotD launches and the super zergs and insta gib classes continue to rule the day, then Warhammer is toast shortly after AION launches. 

Two points:

1) Most Warhammer fan sites you see people talking about AION right now consistently. It's getting so bad that mods can't shut them down fast enough and topics get derailed.

2) AION just has to pull 30-50k from WAR I think. If they get that from WAR those remaining servers go under due to lack of competition; more folds. The zergs won't matter much if AION is half as good/stable as people are claiming.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 06:13:48 AM

Its sad how much I was looking forward to this game and how much I bought into the hype beforehand only to find out it was little more than a circus sideshow. If anything, WAR has proven that a box full of crap is still crap no matter how pretty the bow on top.

I am looking forward to listening to the band play on as the ship sinks faster...the songs always seem so much more passionate right before the end.

edit: Found my shift key.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 11:34:33 AM

Its sad how much I was looking forward to this game and how much I bought into the hype beforehand only to find out it was little more than a circus sideshow. If anything, WAR has proven that a box full of crap is still crap no matter how pretty the bow on top.

I am looking forward to listening to the band play on as the ship sinks faster...the songs always seem so much more passionate right before the end.

edit: Found my shift key.

This. I don't know why WAR pisses me off so much. I have practically every major retail MMO (even though I don't play a lot of them very far; I at least try them on trial to see the gameworld and a little lowbie play).

Must be that Mythic had all the money, marketing, devs, IP and previous experience with DAoC to expect a great ORvR-style MMO.

Don't think I have ever wanted to go so Haemish on a game as bad as I do for WAR (yes, Haemish rants have elevated you to verb status).

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 12:25:32 PM

Must be that Mythic had all the money, marketing, devs, IP and previous experience with DAoC to expect a great ORvR-style MMO.

Don't think I have ever wanted to go so Haemish on a game as bad as I do for WAR (yes, Haemish rants have elevated you to verb status).

I agree 100%.  I LOVED DAoC.  I assumed that DAoC history + a huge development budget = Better_than_DAoC PvP game.  I'm dumbfounded how they could spend so much money and make a worse game than DAoC.  It boggles the mind.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 12:30:46 PM

3-star talent.  awesome, for real

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 12:46:22 PM

1 star talent, who think they're 3 star, and think working long hours makes them 5 star.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 01:13:49 PM

I agree 100%.  I LOVED DAoC.  I assumed that DAoC history + a huge development budget = Better_than_DAoC PvP game.  I'm dumbfounded how they could spend so much money and make a worse game than DAoC.  It boggles the mind.   

this

+

what Chockonuts said.  The game depends on there always being an equal and opposite number of players.  If they lose much more I'm sure there is a tipping point like what happened to DAoC.  It's not like a PvE game, like DDO, where you still get on with a few thousand subs while people tool around with the content.  There has to be RvR to keep people engaged.  Also, DDO as a low pop game just went free with micropayments, or it will soon.  Don't see WAR being able to do that.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Pew pew pew, lets just ignore the GCD  
Jump to: