Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:04:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: War is everywhere... cut that out 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: War is everywhere... cut that out  (Read 76382 times)
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #105 on: April 30, 2009, 10:06:50 AM

Note, the above quote is about DAoC, it looks like a similar setup for WAR, link.  So yeah, I think when the WAR servers started crashing they probably had to open a support call about it.

Nope. Gamebryo was only used for client technology, and there were folks there who knew as much about its inner workings as the folks at Emergent. The server tech was entirely developed in house and I'm almost 100% positive that is the case for Warhammer as well.

Oh ok, I stand corrected.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #106 on: April 30, 2009, 07:19:52 PM

Note, the above quote is about DAoC, it looks like a similar setup for WAR, link.  So yeah, I think when the WAR servers started crashing they probably had to open a support call about it.

Nope. Gamebryo was only used for client technology, and there were folks there who knew as much about its inner workings as the folks at Emergent. The server tech was entirely developed in house and I'm almost 100% positive that is the case for Warhammer as well.

So you are saying these lag issues and server problems are 100% at the feet of Mythic, Lum?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: May 01, 2009, 04:37:43 AM

So you are saying these lag issues and server problems are 100% at the feet of Mythic, Lum?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Regardless, they are now.  They have had 6 months to improve server / game performance and the best they have come up with is basically removing people from the fight.  At least when WOW had server issues at launch they had hardware upgrades withiin 8 months of the game being live.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #108 on: May 01, 2009, 05:41:06 AM

Regardless, they are now.  They have had 6 months to improve server / game performance and the best they have come up with is basically removing people from the fight.  At least when WOW had server issues at launch they had hardware upgrades withiin 8 months of the game being live.

Easy to do when you are actually making shit tons of money......... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #109 on: May 01, 2009, 06:36:29 AM

So who wants to bet that UO will outlive WAR?  Ohhhhh, I see.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #110 on: May 01, 2009, 06:46:30 AM

I am sure if EA could have written off UO their books, they would have done so a while ago.

"Me am play gods"
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: May 01, 2009, 06:46:55 AM

So who wants to bet that UO will outlive WAR?  Ohhhhh, I see.

That's not even a bet. It's a fact.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: June 20, 2009, 06:56:56 AM

UO was my first MMO.  Damn the great/godawful times I had there.

I had a giant trapped in my house with bags of flour.  I would beat on him to improve my skills.  Has there been a game since that will let you do THAT?
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: June 22, 2009, 09:04:04 AM

My guess is War dies and takes UO and DAOC with it.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: June 22, 2009, 03:43:28 PM

UO was my first MMO.  Damn the great/godawful times I had there.

I had a giant trapped in my house with bags of flour.  I would beat on him to improve my skills.  Has there been a game since that will let you do THAT?
Well, I'd have to say no.  And yes, pet giants are cool in any realm.... Andre, Barry, Tiki.

But since I never played UO, how exactly to you arrange the bags of flour to keep the giant in your house?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #115 on: June 22, 2009, 06:54:12 PM

x=object (bag of flour, chest, table, etc)
g=giant
p=player access point
| = wall

You lock down x as shown in a corner of the house trapping the giant.  The giant can only attack or be attacked from p.  Getting the giant to get to point g and lock furniture around them is fairly simple, even more so if you can recall once you've set up an area you can shrink down to the optimal positioning above.

I did this a lot and although above is the short-short version, it's probably more than you wanted to know.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The above at some point also worked on player ghosts, which had hilarious implications.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 06:57:12 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: June 23, 2009, 07:44:16 AM

There was an awesome bug in the game last night that caused warlord, invader and conq drops to drops ALOT from player kills.  We took a WB out and rolled destro over and over and were getting 8-10 drops per 24 people + tokens and other stuff.  In 1 hour I picked up my Warlord gloves and just about everyone in our WB got something they needed.  They fixed it after about 2 hours but you should see the AH's right now lol
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: June 23, 2009, 08:16:07 AM

Numerous posts are on the forums about this.  People are wondering if this was intentional or the result of sloppy implementation. 

I was surprised that anyone could wonder between these two options in this game.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: War is everywhere... cut that out  
Jump to: