Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:56:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: War is everywhere... cut that out 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War is everywhere... cut that out  (Read 76379 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

on: April 27, 2009, 07:30:29 PM

I thought This gem deserved its own thread.  The amount of fail in this game is simply beyond measure at this point.

I am the .00000001428%
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 07:37:28 PM

Nothing we could post here would be worse than the actual state of the game.   It's so much fail, that I couldn't stay longer than a month even with old friends trying to coerce me into staying. 

I'm now watching from the sidelines... amazing considering how much love I once had for DAoC. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 07:40:31 PM

just to completely fag up this thread -- we had a raid in our kinship in the Moors this past Sat night in LotRO.  There were 3.5 full groups so 22 peeps.  We were met with an other full raid already there (approx. 45 other "freeps", player characters).  Unfortunately there was maybe 120?  140? "creeps" (monster players) defending the main keeps across the zone.  People were pretty thrilled.  Reminded me of classic DAoC frontier days, pre-ToA.  Hell, pre-DF.

This is the only PvP zone in LotRO, but it's seeing a lot of action.  Sry.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 07:50:23 PM

If performance in the impacted area does not improve the system will select first those who are currently dead on the ground to be moved followed by those who are severely wounded.
ROFL
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 07:54:52 PM

That has got to be a joke.  I mean, SERIOUSLY??  Even the porting dead people affects the game, since it gives healers less of a chance to resurrect. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 08:07:29 PM

Holy fuck. Talk about taking a sledgehammer to something requiring a scalpel. That's just about the worst solution imaginable. And hilarious. What in the fuck?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 08:11:58 PM

That is amazing.  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 08:12:03 PM

Yes, borrowing ideas from AC2 is the sign of a winner!

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 08:30:21 PM

You know every time I say this I think it will be the last time, but this is perhaps the worst idea I have ever heard Mythic come up with.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 10:03:28 PM

wow.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 10:05:33 PM

Have you witnessed the winds of change? Yes, and it ported a chunk of my dead and live desto wb to the Order wc in CW WHILE we were defending the keep. Do you understand what I'm saying there? You ported out people that were defending a keep and could be rezzed.

If so, were you teleported and did you understand what had occured? Yes, I was ported and understood what happened after listening to other's who got ported tell me of their experience getting ported to Order wc, though they were desto. I myself was ported to a chapter hub in the zone, completely removed from the fight for well over 5 minutes due to travel time through pve land.

Awesome. For real.  awesome, for real

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 10:15:06 PM

Ok. You know, I never thought I'd say this, but I think it's time EA "stepped in."
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 10:15:18 PM

Working as intended. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 10:42:00 PM

Note to future developers: if you want mass RvR combat, use a game engine that allows it.

The porting of keep defenders was a special touch, though.

EDIT: Oh, and you'd think Test servers was where you'd try this out too.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 12:13:54 AM

Turbine have their own engine, they used portal storms to remove excess players from an area in AC1, then they rewrote their engine.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 01:15:49 AM

Yes, borrowing ideas from AC2 is the sign of a winner!
Wasn't there a similar thing in AC1 as well?

EDIT: Oops. Should probably read the last post before replying.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 01:48:37 AM

They might still have had portal storms in AC2, I can't remember.  I was just commenting that Turbine have a massive advantage in using their own engine, when the servers are crashing in WAR I wonder if Mythic log a support call with a third party.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 03:18:28 AM

Ok. You know, I never thought I'd say this, but I think it's time EA "stepped in."

I concur.

Edit: Did you follow the link on that article to the Warhammer forum? Within the first page there is already edits out the wazoo and a Moderator stepping in "Folks, This thread has gotten off to a very bad start. Please keep your posts within the directives outlined in the OP. This is not a suggestion." Haha!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:24:05 AM by Bismallah »
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 05:54:43 AM

I still play WO and even this one makes me shake my head lol.  Yeah they call it an interim fix but they have had plenty of time to work on and improve server perf and this doesnt sound like they are that close to having it solved
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 05:59:18 AM

Sounds like the Wind of Morefail to me.  Better to make the Forts into Scenarios than do clunky things like this.

"Me am play gods"
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 06:08:10 AM

I bet it's awesome when you're about to finish someone off and collect your RPs and medals and then they get teleported away... swamp poop

most often known as Drevik
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 07:53:54 AM

Completely inappropriate icon combined with mocking nelson laugh.

this guy looks legit
Ha-ha

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 09:08:56 AM

I still bet the fanbase is busy fellating the devs at Gamesday in Baltimore next week. 
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 09:11:50 AM

I still bet the fanbase is busy fellating the devs at Gamesday in Baltimore next week. 

I'll take that bet.  The game is losing popularity, even among the hardcore. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 09:36:31 AM

Yeah I have friends that are going with a LOOONG list of questions...and tomatoes

Here are some of the questions:
1)  WTF is up with end game?
2)  Why do fortresses stop anyone < Rank 37 in yet City sieges let in 28+?
3)  WTF is up with end game?
4)  Server Performance
5)  Melee range and target out of range issues in non-heavy PvP battles(even 1 on 1)
6)  WTF is up with end game?
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 09:39:14 AM

Imagine this...

You're A Defender

You've held off the attackers for over an hour, and suddenly half of your warband vanishes. Now the keep goes down in no time flat because most of your support classes are sitting there in a warcamp.

You're a healer feverishly working to rez the dead and hold the defense, and your groupmates are ported away.

You're an Attacker

Your tanks all get teleported away, there's no one left to tank the Lord, and your whole raid falls apart to insta gibs.

You're an attacking force, and your RDPS or healers get teleported out in the middle of a big fight. You then get facerolled because you can't survive the incoming damage.

You are a Guildmaster

These stupid changes throw all your planning and warband class balance work out the window.  Due to random teleports, an already hard attack or defense action becomes 100x harder.  You have to sit there and listen to the cries of your guildmates who feel that game mechanics are conspiring against them......which they are!

You are Mythic

You wonder why the hell players are canceling their subscriptions when you have all this great T4 content, all this neat ward gear to get, and new innovations like Winds of Change to help gaming performance!

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 09:47:20 AM

Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 09:47:33 AM

I find it harder and harder to believe people can still justify paying for this game.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 09:48:21 AM

You are Mythic[/b]

You wonder why the hell players are canceling their subscriptions when you have all this great T4 content, all this neat ward gear to get, and new innovations like Winds of Change to help gaming performance!

You will complain that your players are playing the game wrong and will come back in droves once they've had "teh fun" explained to them. 

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 10:02:45 AM

Please note that if you are ported but eligible for contribution rewards such as loot bags or medallions, you will still have an opportunity to win and retrieve them if you were ported during the assault on a Keep or Fortress.
Yes, because we give you plenty of time (2:00 and counting) to run back from the war camp or Chapter base to loot the chest.  Also, the server didn't just port you away so it's not at capacity and will obviously let you waltz back in to obtain those rewards, assuming you don't die trying to get there and are thus not ported away again.

Pure Awesome in digital form.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 10:19:04 AM

You are Waylander

You keep giving Mythic money inexplicably.
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 10:30:55 AM

You are Waylander

You keep giving Mythic money inexplicably.

I'm also a Guildmaster, and I can't just pull out of games.  Rest assured when our internal polling indicates a majority with a lack of a desire to play we will pull the plug.

Winds of Change (as in changing subscriptions to canceled) is certainly another step closer to that day though.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 10:46:47 AM

Any... day... now... we'll quite any day now.

Dude, if it were me I'd pawn it off on the nearest sucker that wants it, maintain metaguild control and move on to a different chapter. Unless you're maintaining subs to six different games at once, of course.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 11:15:00 AM

They might still have had portal storms in AC2, I can't remember.  I was just commenting that Turbine have a massive advantage in using their own engine, when the servers are crashing in WAR I wonder if Mythic log a support call with a third party.

I thought it was their own engine, hence the window dragging shenanigans, etc?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 11:43:10 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: War is everywhere... cut that out  
Jump to: