Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:07:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: For the 3 of you still playing. (1.2.1) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: For the 3 of you still playing. (1.2.1)  (Read 81757 times)
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 03, 2009, 03:21:03 AM

WAR is making every mistake DaoC made and more or less in the same order, just on an accelerated time table.  awesome, for real

If it keeps up at this rate, in a few months you'll actually get to witness the future of DaoC in WAR.

Namely when WAR gets shut down.

The funny bit is that I had someone just yesterday use the comparison of DAOC subscriptions at peak and WAR's current indication that "WAR is fine". Sigh. They felt that WAR still had more then DAOC at peak therefore it must be good, right? Heh.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: April 03, 2009, 12:04:34 PM

Man, the ennui amongst Destruction is incredibly high. I don't know if it's fully justified or not given how I'm not an expert on the game mechanics but it's not good when every single person is calling 1.21 too little, too late to fix the problems with the WP cleansing issue 1.2 introduced. Not a single person in the guild I rejoined, not a single pubby, not a single anything... everyone on Destro on Volkmar basically threw in the towel and doesn't give a fuck anymore.

I've never seen anything like the malaise in this player base in any other game. It's really something else and I'm totally unfamiliar with it.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 03, 2009, 12:22:27 PM

Before I decided on WoW / WAR / whatever I think I will give it a go on another 10 day trail and try to work harder at leveling to see what's ahead because I remember reading similar stuff to this when DAoC was out and I still enjoyed it and it still had a large enough player base for me to roll multiple alts and still find people in the low battlegrounds and tons of RvR for years.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 03, 2009, 12:30:01 PM

Before I decided on WoW / WAR / whatever I think I will give it a go on another 10 day trail and try to work harder at leveling to see what's ahead because I remember reading similar stuff to this when DAoC was out and I still enjoyed it and it still had a large enough player base for me to roll multiple alts and still find people in the low battlegrounds and tons of RvR for years.

The Tier 1 battle ground is REALLY fun from level 8 -11.  That's what the 10 day will allow you to see with a character or two.  Sadly, that's as good as the game ever gets. 

My advice: Play the 10 day trial and have a little fun for free.  After 10 days, I'm not sure I'd give Mythic your money unless you have a lot of faith in nothing.  I'm only paying for a sub because it gives me a chance to game with a group of old friends.  I'm not sure that's going to keep me longer than a month. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: April 03, 2009, 03:57:56 PM

The Tier 1 battle ground is REALLY fun from level 8 -11.  That's what the 10 day will allow you to see with a character or two.  Sadly, that's as good as the game ever gets. 

My advice: Play the 10 day trial and have a little fun for free.  After 10 days, I'm not sure I'd give Mythic your money unless you have a lot of faith in nothing.  I'm only paying for a sub because it gives me a chance to game with a group of old friends.  I'm not sure that's going to keep me longer than a month. 

If they want to save WAR figure out a way to keep the fun of Lvl 8-11 all the way to 40. 
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #75 on: April 03, 2009, 05:28:50 PM

If they want to save WAR figure out a way to keep the fun of Lvl 8-11 all the way to 40. 

Remove levels like the original design?

Sadly it wont happen.
GoodIdea
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: April 13, 2009, 07:49:09 AM

CC is not a big deal anymore, more often than not it doesn't work. Why? If you are affected by ANY CC, you get a 20 second buff that prevents you from being affected by any CC (silence, stun, knockdown). If that's not good enough, maybe those players should go back to playing something simple, like pong.

Most of the time I get knocked down for 2 seconds and then I am immune to CC for 20 seconds. That's nothing. It's a lot better than running around for 20+ seconds feared or sheeped (like in WOW) (even with dimishing returns you often don't have control of your character for a long time). In terms of CC, WOW CC is out of control compared to WAR, at least in it's current incarnation.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: April 13, 2009, 07:54:01 AM

CC is out of whack.  Healing is out of whack.  Ranged dps and ae dps is out of whack.  It's as if we're playing completely different games. 

What class are you playing?  BW, Engineer, or WP?   Because the rest of the classes in the game are lagging well behind those three in balance. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: April 13, 2009, 08:16:24 AM

If that's not good enough, maybe those players should go back to playing something simple, like pong.
Facepalm

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
GoodIdea
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: April 13, 2009, 08:36:54 AM

CC is out of whack.  Healing is out of whack.  Ranged dps and ae dps is out of whack.  It's as if we're playing completely different games. 

What class are you playing?  BW, Engineer, or WP?   Because the rest of the classes in the game are lagging well behind those three in balance. 

I'm playing an Archmage, so it doesn't get any squishier than that. Since they nerfed Witch Elves, survival and CC hasn't been much of a problem at all.

Sure, Bright Wizard AE is out of control but it gets nerfed, tomorrow. For those that don't know, you can only be affected by 1 BW Rain of Fire at a time, and each RoF only affects 9 players. Having said that, that has nothing to do with CC, I'm still in full control of my character, don't run through the big cloud of death. :)

And they just did their first WP nerf. There will be more because AE heals are too good right now, WP/DOK are too good right now. Everyone knows it's coming. Having said that, it doesn't ruin the game and on my Destro character we kill lots of WP all the time.

That has nothing to do with CC however, and like I said, I play the squishiest class and I feel CC bothers me much less than playing WOW. In WOW I've been CCed for 20+ seconds straight by good players, how fun is that? I haven't even come close to that in WAR and definitely not recently.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:39:53 AM by GoodIdea »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 13, 2009, 08:43:24 AM

Too bad my Diciple was my favorite character...

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #81 on: April 13, 2009, 09:04:05 AM

I thought that was the swordmaster.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: April 13, 2009, 09:07:24 AM

Man, the ennui amongst Destruction is incredibly high. I don't know if it's fully justified or not given how I'm not an expert on the game mechanics but it's not good when every single person is calling 1.21 too little, too late to fix the problems with the WP cleansing issue 1.2 introduced. Not a single person in the guild I rejoined, not a single pubby, not a single anything... everyone on Destro on Volkmar basically threw in the towel and doesn't give a fuck anymore.

I've never seen anything like the malaise in this player base in any other game. It's really something else and I'm totally unfamiliar with it.

Im destro on volkmar, not everyone has given up.  After weeks of letting order into the inevitable city a couple days ago we pushed back and got into altdorf, it was a good day.  Bright Wizards are way more out of line than war priests, 2-3 of them can simply melt away entire warbands at choke points with rain of fire, its completely and utterly ridiculous that they can do more damage with an aoe than they do to a single target, and stack it in one area. 

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: April 13, 2009, 11:24:20 AM

I thought that was the swordmaster.
Swordmaster was my favorite Order character, which was part of a guild I enjoyed playing with.  So I saw more of the game with her.

My Disciple was my favorite though.  She possibly could have been replaced with whatever the Dark Elf tank was had I lasted that long.  Chaos was much more appealing all around.  Except that whole lack of female tanks thing.  Brilliance once again rearing its head.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 13, 2009, 04:49:07 PM

If that's not good enough, maybe those players should go back to playing something simple, like pong.
Welcome to these boards, take a seat, have some cookies, I am sure you are going to fit right in.  why so serious?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #85 on: April 14, 2009, 10:30:41 AM

Isn't that exactly what WAR is trying to avoid?
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: April 14, 2009, 11:16:56 AM

The final refuge of astroturfing fanbois is always an appeal to people who "can't handle the game" to quit.  Where "can't handle the game" generally means something to the effect of "won't tolerate game design they find unfun" or "won't tolerate implementation that makes UO look inspired".
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #87 on: April 15, 2009, 10:37:52 AM

The final refuge of astroturfing fanbois is always an appeal to people who "can't handle the game" to quit.  Where "can't handle the game" generally means something to the effect of "won't tolerate game design they find unfun" or "won't tolerate implementation that makes UO look inspired".

Orly?  awesome, for real
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: April 15, 2009, 01:13:49 PM

That there is some weapons grade stupid.  I'd forgotten about Grunk.

... never do that again.  Please?   Heartbreak
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 17, 2009, 07:44:22 AM

Since I'm one of the only people still playing, I thought you'd enjoy this bit of stupidity.

The crests that were just introduced this patch, drop from players and encounter mobs.  The result: AE dps classes are spamming everything solo to tag it giving them the majority of seals held.  How Mythic didn't see this coming amazes me. 

-  Mark Twain
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #90 on: April 17, 2009, 07:47:58 AM

How Mythic didn't see this coming amazes me. 

You're amazed that the same team that still allows scenario solo'ing to this very day hasn't done anything to prevent that?

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: April 17, 2009, 07:49:35 AM

You're amazed that the same team that still allows scenario solo'ing to this very day hasn't done anything to prevent that?

I'm amazed by everything obvious that was missed.  I'm also amazed when I miss the obvious.   

-  Mark Twain
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: April 17, 2009, 07:50:39 AM

Since I'm one of the only people still playing, I thought you'd enjoy this bit of stupidity.

The crests that were just introduced this patch, drop from players and encounter mobs.  The result: AE dps classes are spamming everything solo to tag it giving them the majority of seals held.  How Mythic didn't see this coming amazes me. 

So when I'm playing my Magus, if I go solo in an SC and AE DoT everything that I see, I should be rolling in them? Wow. That's fucked up.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #93 on: April 17, 2009, 07:51:53 AM

Yes, because you're obviously at more risk than the grouped guys, rite?

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #94 on: April 17, 2009, 07:53:51 AM

Cabalists 2.0 - Mythic learns *NOTHING*

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: April 17, 2009, 08:09:42 AM

The boards are filled with complaints about BW's grouping with a WP and AE tagging everything in site while the zerg kills it.  They get the credit and split any crests that drop.  They do the same thing in scenarios.  So... either this was missed in testing the patch or Mythic figured it didn't matter. 

Either way  swamp poop

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: April 17, 2009, 08:15:28 AM

Hahahahaha!  Awesome.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: April 17, 2009, 08:30:14 AM

This is frankly one of my favourite threads on f13. Grin

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: April 17, 2009, 11:21:08 AM

This is frankly one of my favourite threads boards on f13. Grin

FIFY to include the entire trainwreck that is WAR :P
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: April 17, 2009, 12:24:33 PM

Sometimes I wish I had this game, for the lulz.

In the meantime, this is straight-up awesome just watching from afar.  I didn't really expect them to manage Titanic colliding with the Bismarck proportions of epic fail.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #100 on: April 17, 2009, 01:02:53 PM

That is Titanic colliding with Bismarck and getting shipwrecked on Raptor fucking island levels of awesome.

waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: April 17, 2009, 04:13:10 PM

Patch 1.2.1 results

1. More lag than before on a system above the recommended specs
2. Tokens seem few and far between in RVR
3. Two lousy tokens for a keep take, and 1 piece of conq gear is 400 tokens (1600 tokens or 800 keep takes!)
4. BW's are nerfed but still good, many are just switching to a fireball aoe spec
5. City dungeons still suck
6. New UI is neat, in game guild recruitment is neat
7. Game is getting pretty boring, and the End RVR game still sucks

Questions?

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: April 17, 2009, 04:15:49 PM

There was one good thing about the patch: I noticed my cast times being a bit more responsive on my healers... well... that was when I played in zones that weren't crashing all night long.  awesome, for real

-  Mark Twain
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: April 17, 2009, 04:56:33 PM

Hilarious.

Way to go Mythic, stay classy!
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: April 17, 2009, 06:54:52 PM

Tokens seem few and far between in RVR Two lousy tokens for a keep take, and 1 piece of conq gear is 400 tokens (1600 tokens or 800 keep takes!)

Well that should take care of the problem of being able to buy the gear before you have RR to use it :)  So what is it now, 6 forms of XP bar to watch move ever so slowly?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: For the 3 of you still playing. (1.2.1)  
Jump to: