Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:25:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I think I am going to kill myself 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I think I am going to kill myself  (Read 37122 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #105 on: December 10, 2004, 08:25:48 AM

Mine was not a bitch post. I was veeeeeeery happy to take third there. I was shortstacked even when there were 25 people left (4k in chips with 500/1000 blinds). I was uber patient and waited, and waited, and waited. Trippled up with QQ against AQ & AK. Got to the final table and had the 2nd lowest stack. I was trying to wait out the lowest because the money doubles from 10th to 9th. But the big stack just started crushing everyone so I just sat back and made money doing nothing. The larger stacks were pretty stupid in tangling with the big stack and he also caught a major run of hands.  I had little chance of moving up to second or taking on a stack 20 times mine, so I think my KJ hand was just fine under the circumstances. I doubt that the AQ goes all in on the flop if I wasn't all-in although it really wasn't a smart play for him to go in at that point. It would have been better for him to wait for the big stack to take me out instead of risking me winning the main and the big taking the side therefore putting him in 3rd.  If he really wanted to isolate he should have pushed pre-flop although big probably calls anyway.

EDIT: Realized you may be referring to that I was third. This wasn't a sattelite like my initial post in this tread where the top two got a trip and third was SOL. This was a straight up money tourney so third is bueno.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #106 on: December 10, 2004, 10:02:04 AM

Chip leader had to love flopping a set when he had both of you all in! Nice work Ab. How many starters in that tourney? ~350 or so?

I am actually on a bit of a run in multis- have made the money in my past 3 attempts. They just take so damned long that I can't play them as often as I would like.

I still think we should set a time and all jump into a SnG together. Doesn't have to be for big money- bragging rights are much more valuable!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: December 10, 2004, 10:50:19 AM

Ya, I bet he was jumping up and down when that guy bet all-in into his set.  I think there were 269 to start.  I'm thinking about putting some money back over into Party to try to get a better payoff, but going up against 1200 definitely ups the luck factor. The Empire guarnateed tourneys have been going pretty well for me because they have a maneagable field of around 250-350 most of the time. I'll probably play in the 10k tonight which has a nice low 25+2 buyin, one of the best overlays they offer.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #108 on: December 10, 2004, 11:14:51 AM

Beware of Party- I have seen proof that it is rigged.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: December 10, 2004, 12:33:46 PM

That is awesome.

-H.L. Mencken
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #110 on: December 13, 2004, 06:08:30 AM

Great post. Hahaha That was great.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #111 on: December 13, 2004, 06:10:02 AM

Oh btw on the getting a poker game going thing. Im In lets try for sometime the week after xmas that way many of us will be vacationing and wont have to get up for work and whatnot.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: December 13, 2004, 07:41:55 AM

Sounds good to me. Been really busy the past week or so.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I think I am going to kill myself  
Jump to: