Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:38:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer Online Server Dead Pool 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warhammer Online Server Dead Pool  (Read 301785 times)
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: July 26, 2010, 06:17:26 PM

I haven't received any e-mails telling me about free time, but ok. Makes sense. I think.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: July 26, 2010, 07:39:13 PM

Yeah kinda backasswards to send emails notifying when the free time ends but not when it started.

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: July 26, 2010, 07:57:55 PM

They are devious that way.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #423 on: July 27, 2010, 03:04:30 AM

I got the same email but I had at least one notifying me about free time, though you had to read it carefully to spot it.

8 July 2010

Greetings!

Bioware Mythic is pleased to be assuming all publishing and operational responsibilities for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning in Europe, effective 7 July 2010. We would like to take this opportunity to thank GOA for their commitment and service to the WAR community and to invite you to join us in welcoming the European community to Bioware Mythic by extending 2 free weeks of playtime to all Current and Former GOA WAR players starting 7 July 2010.

We understand that you may have questions regarding this transition. To help, we've assembled a list of Frequently Asked Questions which can be found in the following languages:

English - http://www.warhammeronline.com/international/goa/faq_en.php
French - http://www.warhammeronline.com/international/goa/faq_fr.php
German - http://www.warhammeronline.com/international/goa/faq_de.php
Once the transition has completed, existing and returning players can access the Mythic Account center (https://accounts.eamythic.com/) using their same Master Account name with the _EUR suffix added on; For Example ACCOUNT NAME_EUR. PLEASE NOTE: In some rare cases of Master Account names exceeding 19 characters, players will only use an underscore suffix; For example ACCOUNT NAME_. In most cases players will use the _EUR suffix. The above information applies to your WAR game account as well.

Also, we've been able to transfer all previously stored items in player Mailboxes, on the Auction House and in Guild Banks at the time we received the data stamp from GOA (29 June 2010), so these items will be waiting for you when you normal play resumes on the Bioware Mythic European WAR servers in the coming days.

Returning players can download the client here: http://www.warhammeronline.com/download/index.php

Welcome to our European community and we'll see you on the Battlefield!

WAAAGH!

Really, horribly badly worded they should have started with "TWO WEEKS FREE PLAY to celebrate Bioware Mythic  assuming all publishing and operational responsibilities for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning in Europe, effective 7 July 2010 etc etc".
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: July 27, 2010, 05:39:14 AM

This is just about the hardest thing I can think of to fuck up and they found a way.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: July 27, 2010, 05:46:11 AM

I have friends that are playing atm that want me to come back.  So far they have not succeeded and its getting easier to say no...
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: July 27, 2010, 07:08:23 AM

I got bored of everything else, re-upped and I have to say that I'm enjoying the scenario PvP.  All the maps that I hated are not in the rotation, all the maps that I liked are in the rotation, the map that pops isn't always Nordenwatch (although that pops a fair amount).  I have crap gear compared to everyone else, and I still feel like I contribute to the matches (yes, I'm looking at you WoW).

PvE is still ass, the engine hasn't been improved.

I guess I'm actually sadder that they came as close as they did, and haven't figured out how to close the gap.  This could be a good game if someone with a clue made the right changes.  Sad.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: July 27, 2010, 08:25:45 AM

Well, yeah, that was always the story. So close. I mean really, really close. It just shows how horribly inept they are.

I think the billing error was the nail in the coffin. You weren't going to get new people anyway but you could rely on people checking it back out until that. I'm sorely tempted to go PvP but there's no way I could chance the billing problems.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: August 07, 2010, 03:00:37 PM

I'm bored now and would resub if there weren't a change of a $500 charge. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: August 07, 2010, 05:57:13 PM

I have to admit to playing again for a few months now.  The game isn't amazing, but it is much, much better.  You can level at a decent pace, and when you find PvP it can be a lot of fun.  Crowd control is at a reasonable level.

I don't do much with scenarios, mostly RvR.  Depending on time that might be hoping from BO to BO, or it may be an actual fight.  Tier 2 and 3 are the best for RvR.  Tier 4 can have some amazing fights, but a lot of the time it's just a Zerg, and the city sieges seem to be better if you're 40+.

If anyone is really curious though, I'll be happy to throw you a refer-a-friend invite for a 10 day trial.  Just PM me your e-mail if so.

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: August 09, 2010, 05:40:03 AM

The game is better now then launch, Ill give em that. 
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: August 10, 2010, 06:15:10 PM

I'm actually enjoying this (after 3 days of endless trial) about 10x more than at launch.  Of course, T1 was always fun, even then.  I'm still unsure if I should pull the trigger on this, but I think I might.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: August 10, 2010, 10:50:21 PM

So, is there any sort of noticeable population, outside of the T1 Empire/Chaos area?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: August 11, 2010, 04:45:23 AM

I hear tell it's actually reasonably active on the remaining servers. I would pull the trigger but not after the billing fiasco. I can't. I want to but I can't justify the risk.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: August 11, 2010, 05:15:24 AM

Some servers are better than others, but you can transfer freely as long as you don't have characters of the opposing faction on the server.  I've never had much problems finding action though.

Brennik
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: August 13, 2010, 12:40:28 AM

You can buy gametime cards from the EA Strore, if you trust them.

I got sucked back in too during the Euro server transfer and leveled a new witch elf up. Leveling was fun but I'm not too sure how long I can take all the bombing and premades in scenarios tongue
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: August 17, 2010, 08:21:54 AM

Patch 1.3.6 apparently going up today. If anyone over the next couple of days has comments, I'd love to hear them.

Canceled AoC. Playing Mass Effect 2 (awesomesauce with a side of kick ass and oh hell ya for dessert). Looking around for another MMO to play once I'm done. Nowhere to go but backwards at the moment.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: August 17, 2010, 10:48:54 PM

Some servers are better than others, but you can transfer freely as long as you don't have characters of the opposing faction on the server.  I've never had much problems finding action though.

What servers are active people here playing on?

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: August 18, 2010, 05:37:38 AM

Gorfang was ok
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: August 18, 2010, 08:36:03 AM

My Order characters are on Badlands.  Destro characters on Volkmar and Iron Rock, though they're pretty neglected at the moment.

Badlands people seem to think it's the most balanced of the servers.  It does go back and forth a lot, though lower tiers are more fluid on all servers.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: August 18, 2010, 11:48:09 AM

I was playing destro on Gorfang - my impression was that order outnumbers us there but only slightly, which is ideal. Not sure about overall population though. My sub is currently lapsed but I'll be back as soon as the new shiny on City of Villains wears off.

Full patch notes for 1.3.6 are here. They finally added sticky targeting.  Heart
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: August 18, 2010, 12:28:24 PM

Also an appearance tab! Grin

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: August 18, 2010, 12:35:49 PM

They finally added sticky targeting.  Heart

Am I the only one that thinks this is a terrible idea?  I don't want to make it easier to have an assist train.  It should take at least some minimum amount of skill.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: August 18, 2010, 12:55:03 PM

Sticky targeting just means that if you click on open ground it won't deselect your current targets. Nothing to do with assisting.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: August 18, 2010, 12:56:10 PM

edit: ez beat me.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: August 18, 2010, 12:56:35 PM

Sticky targeting just means that if you click on open ground it won't deselect your current targets. Nothing to do with assisting.

Good.  Thanks for the clarification.  I hated /assist and /stick in DAoC.  I thought they watered down the gameplay too much.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: August 19, 2010, 03:23:40 AM

If you don't mind me asking, how's the free trial on this? They don't nickel and dime you to death do they? Like public quests only for subscribers or some such. A few friends and I have considered going and trying out the destro side when I get sick of wow.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: August 19, 2010, 05:11:48 AM

Unlimited free trial, everything level 1-10. Or maybe it's 1-11. Just lots of annoying reminders to SUB SUB SUB!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #448 on: August 19, 2010, 05:54:12 AM

I've been doing the two weeks free trial from friends who are still subbed, for a month after I quit. But really, how much can you PvP in tier 1 skills before you get bored. And no, I'm not spending a single dime on this life-support game.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #449 on: August 19, 2010, 06:38:18 AM

Looks like they'll be announcing some sort of rvr pack on the weekend:

http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Warhammer-Online/news/Warhammer-Online-Announces-the-RvR-Pack

Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #450 on: August 19, 2010, 07:29:14 AM

"... while Skaven are involved they will not be implemented as a standard race that players can play from level one. "We want to do something... different with Skaven"

Hmm. Monster play?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #451 on: August 19, 2010, 07:39:17 AM

Monster play would be my guess.

With the RvR pack Bioware Mythic wants to move away from the standard "Release a huge expansion every 2 years." system and wants to adopt a system that allows players to "customize their game experience".

Translation, we don't want to fund a proper expansion, this game is just going to hang around to give Mythic Bioware staff some experience with tinkering in a mmo until it's politically acceptable to kill it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #452 on: August 19, 2010, 10:07:24 AM

Monster play would be my guess.

With the RvR pack Bioware Mythic wants to move away from the standard "Release a huge expansion every 2 years." system and wants to adopt a system that allows players to "customize their game experience".

Translation, we don't want to fund a proper expansion, this game is just going to hang around to give Mythic Bioware staff some experience with tinkering in a mmo until it's politically acceptable to kill it.

Yeah, that. Considering Skaven would problably be one of the top races people would request as a playable race, doing something... different seems retarded unless you can't afford to put development resources into it.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: August 19, 2010, 11:55:33 AM

Players may want skaven, but it's not a good design decision. To make it really feel like a full race, they would have to add four new classes, and then four more classes to the opposing realm. I love lots and lots of class options, but the races they currently have pretty much fill all the standard niches (and quite a few non-standard ones) and last I heard they still needed some balance work. Throwing eight new classes into the mix now would solve no problems with the game and wouldn't bring anything new without a ton of design work. If they screwed up the balance on just one of those classes to the degree that Blizzard screwed up paladins and death knights in 3.0, they would lose way, way more goodwill with the player base than some furry textures would ever hope to gain.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: August 19, 2010, 06:53:01 PM

I agree with ezrast; they backed themselves into the same corner EQ2 did with classes; by making it specifically 4 classes per race, one of each role, they leave themselves very little room to expand without doing it in a big way.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer Online Server Dead Pool  
Jump to: