Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:21:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer Online Server Dead Pool 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warhammer Online Server Dead Pool  (Read 300614 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 23, 2009, 08:31:31 AM

If they listened to players, it'd be a first. Ohhhhh, I see.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 08:37:39 AM

If they listened to players, it'd be a first. Ohhhhh, I see.

May have just been a smartass comment, but there is truth to it. The players were whining over so many other things that weren't touched, that to think that Mythic added servers on account of complaints over a couple days of queues is silly.

If anything, the complaints were just used to justify to the higher-ups Mark's little server count/epeen thing he had going.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 08:40:32 AM

I wonder what would have happened if MJ had listened to Schild.  Sure the game would still have had lots of issues, PVE gear grind, fortress crashing, the stupidity of one popular scenario per tier etc, but alts are important, I'd have had one max character and played alts for a few months if there wasn't a t3/t4 hell grind.  It might have given them the time and subscriptions to actually turn it into a fun game.
Geki
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009, 08:52:33 AM

I'd have had one max character and played alts for a few months if there wasn't a t3/t4 hell grind.  It might have given them the time and subscriptions to actually turn it into a fun game.

Same.  Also, of all the people I personally know that played war locally here at work (group of 10 or so of us) literally *all* of them quit at the T3 chokepoint.  Myself included and I was in since the first beta.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 23, 2009, 09:10:17 AM

I might still be playing if not for being dick slapped upside my head by the T3 xp curve.  Yeah, the game has many many other issues besides, but I still have a small group of friends that are playing and enjoying the rvr.  I just simply couldn't be arsed to slog through the shitty pve to join them.

most often known as Drevik
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 23, 2009, 03:09:45 PM

Out of 8 of us I am the only one who quit at the T3 cockblock.  So go figure.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 23, 2009, 03:25:07 PM

May have just been a smartass comment, but there is truth to it. The players were whining over so many other things that weren't touched, that to think that Mythic added servers on account of complaints over a couple days of queues is silly.
I like including a bit of truth with my sarcastic, smart ass comments.  It enhances their bite.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #42 on: February 23, 2009, 11:41:55 PM

Out of 8 of us I am the only one who quit at the T3 cockblock.  So go figure.

well. i had no choice really. i bought 2 month sub cause i didn't' feel like using my credit card.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
schild
Administrator

Reply #43 on: February 23, 2009, 11:50:55 PM

I wonder what would have happened if MJ had listened to Schild.  Sure the game would still have had lots of issues, PVE gear grind, fortress crashing, the stupidity of one popular scenario per tier etc, but alts are important, I'd have had one max character and played alts for a few months if there wasn't a t3/t4 hell grind.  It might have given them the time and subscriptions to actually turn it into a fun game.

No one listens to me. But I'm OK with that, I like seeing people piss money down the hole.

Despite the fact history has proven me right on multiple fronts for many games over the years. /shrug. Maybe something would've changed if I'd been loud and public enough during the beta, fact of the matter is, I don't beta anymore. Unless they want to pay me. I'm not saying I'm worth the money, but there's just better things to do with my time.

Edit: I'd wager if the exp grind didn't exist, rk47, Fuser and I would still bounce around in the pvp. I can say we would've at least lasted more than a month and change.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:53:47 PM by schild »
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 03:43:23 AM

I think I made it to 38-39 but just couldn't be bothered to finish it out. There are still a couple people I know playing, mostly alts, but they won't last much longer with Eve getting back into gear for us.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 24, 2009, 06:37:27 AM

... fact of the matter is, I don't beta anymore. Unless they want to pay me. I'm not saying I'm worth the money, but there's just better things to do with my time.

Beta pays $50 in most cases.  Testing several of the last few MMO's to release has saved me $50 on each title.  After testing I knew better than to buy it. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 24, 2009, 08:29:35 AM

Edit: I'd wager if the exp grind didn't exist, rk47, Fuser and I would still bounce around in the pvp. I can say we would've at least lasted more than a month and change.
A lot of people would.  I know I would have gotten a few more months out of it.  Certainly long enough to get the new tank classes which interested me.

And up through when I quit I really liked the PvP.  Not the scenarios themselves so much, but fighting others was fun in this game.  (Not something you'd expect typed from my fingers seeing as I'm about as carebear as they come.)

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #47 on: February 24, 2009, 09:24:11 AM

I'm still not sure how they managed to make the PVP in this game boring.  There is just something about the interaction with other players that seems slow and bland. 

I still stick by my guns in that if they had a decent AI and made the PVE more quality then it would have been more successful than it currently is.  The IP provides for an interesting backdrop for a game.

It is interesting that Monolith, a server that appeared to be very destro heavy in the beginning is now mostly controlled by order.  I think they underestimated how much even slight population imbalances could gimp the game.  Again, poor planning for a "south of 100 million dollars" game.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 24, 2009, 09:39:47 AM

I am almost tempted with the 1.2 changes to resub and finish my chosen, but we'll see.   One of the things that Mythic did right is the ease of entering and leaving PvP combat, by playing the oRvR lakes in the center, and the letting you queue for scenarios from anywhere in the world. Those strengths pare overshadowed by the fact that all people do is queue for the same damn scenario over and over and oRvR is ring aroud the keeps.    If Mythic could make the RvR as fun in tiers 3 and 4 as it is in tiers 1 and 2, they might see a minor increase in subs.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #49 on: February 24, 2009, 08:34:15 PM

And up through when I quit I really liked the PvP.  Not the scenarios themselves so much, but fighting others was fun in this game.  (Not something you'd expect typed from my fingers seeing as I'm about as carebear as they come.)

That's part of why I can't hate Mythic totally, just feel Terribly Disappointed In Them. SOMETHING about the way they do PvP makes me all RAAR KILL THOSE FUCKERS, when normally I'm pretty carebearish myself. But then they mix in other shit they don't do well at all (like ... most PvE) and I can't be bothered.

God Save the Horn Players
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 24, 2009, 08:58:11 PM

Now I have this image of us teaming up and going berserk on some poor guy who stumbles in our path.  RAWR!  CAREBEARS NEED BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!  *carnage*

It doesn't even matter that our tanks were Order.  Maybe that makes it that much more amusing.  I wonder if we've been consolidated down to the same server yet. awesome, for real

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #51 on: February 25, 2009, 01:53:23 AM

my best times in rvr is always ambushing people using the environs. Some players in my server is really good at leading raids. Kaldrin Valley for example is perfect for ambush. Usually a huge rock formation. Ahead of BFO, a full order zerg would run past, right before their back line pass our line of vision, we just let loose with the AOE CC and spam. Course this is moot in huge RVR zergfest but when it's just 1 WB vs 1 WB. It felt quite entertaining for a while.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #52 on: April 01, 2009, 01:05:18 PM

an other free transfer announced 03/31/2009 @ 09:36:51 EST

Phoenix Throne (RP)
Ostermark          to            Vortex (Core)
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: April 01, 2009, 01:09:44 PM

an other free transfer announced 03/31/2009 @ 09:36:51 EST

Phoenix Throne (RP)
Ostermark          to            Vortex (Core)
Ouch, opening day RP server.

Is Phoenix Throne now the only RP Server?

Even DAoC could support three (3) back in t'day.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 02:00:07 PM

Ouch, that was my old server, finally on the chopping block.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 02:03:28 PM

Oh crap.  Now I'm in trouble.  (Well, were I playing.)  Apparently I had moved my Order Avalorn characters to Phoenix Throne, though something failed, so I probably have some lowbie stuck in limbo.

I guess my Chaos Ostermark chars could go to Vortex, but they were made on an RP server for gods' sakes!  If I were still playing I'd be pissed and quit.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 02:32:35 PM

Oh crap.  Now I'm in trouble.  (Well, were I playing.)  Apparently I had moved my Order Avalorn characters to Phoenix Throne, though something failed, so I probably have some lowbie stuck in limbo.

I guess my Chaos Ostermark chars could go to Vortex, but they were made on an RP server for gods' sakes!  If I were still playing I'd be pissed and quit.

They are offering people on PT the chance to transfer from PT to Vortex if they wanted to bring characters of the same faction from Ostermark to PT.

As someone who plays on PT, I am happy and sad. Happy cause more players is good, but the server was already very balanced, one of the few, and I hope the transfer dont screw up the balance. Also, the Destro community on PT is absolutely fantastic.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 03:16:58 PM

Yes, but it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't for those who like RP servers since this is going to consolidate down to one.  My Order guild got moved to PT.  My Destruction characters I'd like to keep on an RP server as they're, personally, my favorites.  Were I in a position to care, it'd be forcing me to make a very unpleasant choice.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #58 on: April 01, 2009, 03:41:58 PM

Yes, but it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't for those who like RP servers since this is going to consolidate down to one.  My Order guild got moved to PT.  My Destruction characters I'd like to keep on an RP server as they're, personally, my favorites.  Were I in a position to care, it'd be forcing me to make a very unpleasant choice.

I agree, but what are they going to do when you only have the population to support 1 RP server?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 06:03:10 PM

Let characters from both realms exist on one server?  Are they really in a position to upset anyone who still wants to give them money?

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #60 on: April 01, 2009, 06:52:37 PM

Let characters from both realms exist on one server?  Are they really in a position to upset anyone who still wants to give them money?

What ever gave you the impression that they want people to give them money? Everything they've done since launch seems to me to indicate the opposite.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: April 02, 2009, 06:32:42 AM

What ever gave you the impression that they want people to give them money? Everything they've done since launch seems to me to indicate the opposite.

That seems to be mythics m.o.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: April 02, 2009, 08:28:54 AM

Having paid Mythic monies for five years or so while playing DAoC, I have to agree that Mythic seems to have the attitude that the players should be grateful they have the opportunity to pay for a product that gets yanked around in weird directions.  Usually directions that are detrimental to the product.
Xeyi
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 31, 2009, 03:35:20 PM

I was checking out the official EU English forums today and there are now only 4 servers open; 3 core and 1 open RvR.

The most recent merge was the last RP server back in early May, so there are now no RP servers left here at all.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #64 on: July 13, 2009, 03:22:12 PM

so what are they at now?
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: July 14, 2009, 02:46:29 PM

US (7 after current merge)

Badlands
  Dark Crag (Open RvR)
  Gorfang
  Ironfist
  Iron Rock
  Magnus
  Monolith
  Phoenix Throne (Roleplay)
  Praag (Open RvR)
  Skull Throne
  Volkmar
  Vortex  

EU (4)

Burlok (Roleplay)
  Eltharion (Open RvR)
  Karak Eight Peaks
  Karak-Azgal
  Karak-Izor
  Karak-Norn  

AU (2)

Darklands
  Ironclaw

AU, I expect the 2 AU servers to merge together or into a US server at some point.

EU, not sure.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:55:19 PM by Redgiant »

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #66 on: July 14, 2009, 02:50:29 PM

Is it really 9 US + AU now? I vaguely thought it was 10.  I should really update the OP and find out but I didn't expect tracking WAR server closures to be so time intensive, :effort:
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 14, 2009, 02:58:36 PM

You might be counting Ostermark, as their official forum is still up but they merged to PT I believe.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #68 on: July 14, 2009, 02:59:13 PM

Here's Taiwan from the other thread.

Local release date June 25th

Taiwan Servers - Alive
Phoenix Gate
Dragon seeds
Ecuador Volcano Fist
Chinese Temple Mount

Taiwan - Dead or Dying (date transfers off announced, included)
Roaring Canyon - 08/07/2009
伊克隆德 (Ike Longde?) - 08/07/2009
Black brazier - 08/07/2009
Fort nordenshelda post - 08/07/2009
Implicit ownership of wrecks - 08/07/2009
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #69 on: July 14, 2009, 07:18:38 PM

Implicit ownership of wrecks - 08/07/2009

Great WAR server name, or greatest WAR server name?

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer Online Server Dead Pool  
Jump to: