Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: X-men Origins: Wolverine 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: X-men Origins: Wolverine  (Read 24384 times)
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 10:28:22 PM

Not even at the end. Ryan goes into the tub, Scott comes out.

ACK! ACK! ACK! swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 10:56:37 PM

The guy with the blades in his arms is Weapon XI.   
From wiki:
    * Scott Adkins as Weapon XI: Weapon XI has powers "pooled" from many other mutants killed and/or kidnapped in the film, including Wolverine's healing factor and Cyclops' optic blasts.[20]. He's the final antagonist of the film, having been genetically altered to be the ultimate mutant killer.[3]

So basically some fuckwit writer decided to make an idiot pun out of the character's name, and pretty much disregard everything else from the character?

I should note, I'm not a DP fan as I stopped buying comics before he was created, and I pretty much only know what I've read in this thread and on Wiki, so I'm not bent out of shape in the fanboi sense, it just strikes me as a completely stupid waste of a character's IP. I know they suck donkey balls, but doesn't Marvel (these days, at least) have any kind of veto or editorial input into their IP's films?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 11:12:19 PM

Traditionally they didn't - the IP went to the studio and it was up to them to do what they wanted with it (e.g. Dolph Lungren's "The Punisher", Roger Corman's unreleased "Fantastic Four", the "Blade" movies).

More recently Marvel have been a lot more hands on - starting their own studio - but 20th Century Fox has full control over the X-Men rights. Avi Arad used to kick heads at studios to try to keep things consistent with the Marvel IP and for things not to suck, but if you aren't funding the production the amount of power you have over such things is limited.

If "Wolverine" sucks, it is the end result of Marvel selling off movie rights to its characters like cheap candy decades (or more) ago. That "Blade" was a watchable and profitable film that helped kick off their movie revival was a happy accident.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 01:41:54 AM

From wiki:
    * Scott Adkins as Weapon XI: Weapon XI has powers "pooled" from many other mutants killed and/or kidnapped in the film, including Wolverine's healing factor and Cyclops' optic blasts.[20]. He's the final antagonist of the film, having been genetically altered to be the ultimate mutant killer.[3]

So basically some fuckwit writer decided to make an idiot pun out of the character's name, and pretty much disregard everything else from the character?

I should note, I'm not a DP fan as I stopped buying comics before he was created, and I pretty much only know what I've read in this thread and on Wiki, so I'm not bent out of shape in the fanboi sense, it just strikes me as a completely stupid waste of a character's IP. I know they suck donkey balls, but doesn't Marvel (these days, at least) have any kind of veto or editorial input into their IP's films?

My understanding is that Deadpool as he is seen early on in the film is reasonably close to how he is in the comics.  Should Reynolds take on the character be popular with audiences, it's been suggested that they may do a spin-off.  Regardless of whatever his fate is at the end of this movie, we're talking about movies based on comics here, so even if he dies (I don't know, haven't watched the leaked print) there's no reason they can't find a way to bring him back and revert him back from his Weapon XI form.

Fox has the rights to X-Men movies in the same respect that Sony has the rights to Spider-man movies.  In regards to the X-men movies, the rights revert back to Marvel in 2012 if Fox doesn't have any movies in active development, which is probably why they announced X-Men Origins: First Class (in case the Magneto movie continues to get stuck in development Hell).
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 01:49:42 AM

So where did this "they messed up the packaging" myth come from?

No where, why? I looked at the packaging, looked at the model, and said "oh wow, they messed up the packaging". Anyone who hasn't seen the movie and followed Deadpool would say the same thing.

"Wilson became a test subject in Department K’s branch of the joint U.S./Canadian superhuman enhancement project, the Weapon X Program; his cancer was temporarily arrested via the implantation of a healing factor derived from another Department K agent, the mutant adventurer Wolverine." That's it. It wasn't "Wilson gains pewpew laser eyes, blades in his arms, and turns into Weapon XI". He did go back to the new Weapon X program at some point but nothing like that...

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 04:01:27 AM

That fickle bitch called hope.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 04:06:32 AM

fox....fox  Heartbreak
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 17, 2009, 05:48:35 AM

From wiki:

The same guy who wrote the ending to the American version of Life on Mars?

Over and out.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 06:20:41 AM

From wiki:

The same guy who wrote the ending to the American version of Life on Mars?

Ah jesus, you watched it too? I was like oh jesus h fucking christ are you kidding me?
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 18, 2009, 10:35:48 PM

Apparently, Davis (where I am right now) is one of three finalists for the world premier.   I'm kind of hoping we win, but then I wonder how hard it will be to actually attend.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #45 on: April 20, 2009, 12:57:09 PM

No where, why? I looked at the packaging, looked at the model, and said "oh wow, they messed up the packaging". Anyone who hasn't seen the movie and followed Deadpool would say the same thing.

"Wilson became a test subject in Department K’s branch of the joint U.S./Canadian superhuman enhancement project, the Weapon X Program; his cancer was temporarily arrested via the implantation of a healing factor derived from another Department K agent, the mutant adventurer Wolverine." That's it. It wasn't "Wilson gains pewpew laser eyes, blades in his arms, and turns into Weapon XI". He did go back to the new Weapon X program at some point but nothing like that...

For some reason I laughed out loud at "the joint U.S./Canadian superhuman enhancement project".

lol canadians
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 20, 2009, 01:00:08 PM

Hey those mounties are pretty tough!

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 10:02:42 AM

So my girlfriend snagged a copy of the work print from someone at her work.  Not sure how recent it was, but it was 98% complete.  Just needed some of the wires cleaned up, and some of the effects finalized, namely the nuclear reactors at the end of the movie.

It had the same feel as X-men 3 to me.  Not sure if it was the same people involved, though.

Still, Jackman, and Schreiber are damn good as Wolvie, and Sabretooth.  The whole Gambit thing is really wasted since he was only in the movie for a few minutes, mostly as a lame plot device, though I wasn't ever aware he was in any way involved in Logan's origin story to begin with.

Same thing with Wilson/Deadpool.  Reynolds is in two scenes as Wilson, and then whoever the stuntman was in the big fight at the end as Weapon XI, aka "Deadpool".  Reynolds, while kinda funny, was really flat as Wilson, in my opinion.  I dunno if he was just dialing it in, because he was pissed at what should have been an awesome role for him being whittled down to two scenes, or if he just didn't give a shit.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 10:21:44 AM

So my girlfriend snagged a copy of the work print from someone at her work.  Not sure how recent it was, but it was 98% complete.  Just needed some of the wires cleaned up, and some of the effects finalized, namely the nuclear reactors at the end of the movie.

The work print is also missing everything they filmed during the reshoots.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 11:18:31 AM

teleport is 'gadget power' kind of thing. But I guess that's it for Deadpool in the movie. Raped beyond recognition.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 12:45:45 PM

The work print is also missing everything they filmed during the reshoots.

Interesting.  I've got some free passes, so maybe I'll go see it after it comes out.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #51 on: May 01, 2009, 02:58:36 AM

One more thing about Deadpool, prints of the movie have one of two different scenes at the very end of the credits.  They're very short, but one could be taken as a hint for a the possibility of a Deadpool spin-off.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 02:28:02 PM

Reynolds is saying that the Deadpool spin-off will be "authentic" Deadpool.

"I get to be the authentication police, in a weird way," he said about his involvement in the project. "To their credit — the studio's credit — they want to make an authentic 'Deadpool' movie; they want to make it as close to the source material as possible."

Reynolds added that he and the studio have already agreed to some key terms. "He's going to be the Merc with the Mouth, [we're going to give] all those answers that everyone wants. He's going to have the scarred-up face, he's going to be in the suit — and, it's going to be incredible."
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 12, 2009, 05:58:59 PM

He will actually possess a mouth confirmed! baby steps fox baby steps.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: X-men Origins: Wolverine  
Jump to: