Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:57:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102140 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6405 on: May 30, 2011, 06:11:54 AM

Troopers are going to rock faces. I have no idea what class you are looking at if you don't think so.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!  Rock Out

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #6406 on: May 30, 2011, 09:36:13 AM

Well, I'm rolling Jedi Sentinel and hacking people to death with twin lightsabers and the force. The only thing I don't love about it is that probably like a skillion other people will be doing the same thing.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #6407 on: May 30, 2011, 11:52:58 AM

Since Force-users are 50% of the classes I'd say you're right.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #6408 on: May 30, 2011, 12:18:53 PM

It's less that, more so that expecting most players not to choose "Jedi, Melee Damage Dealer" in a Star Wars MMO is... a bit unrealistic.

Doesn't matter though, because I can heal with a Bounty Hunter (read: non-Jedi Ranged Damage, which I thought I'd be stuck with).  All that matters.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #6409 on: May 30, 2011, 12:26:02 PM

Since Force-users are 50% of the classes I'd say you're right.

I mean Jedi Sentinel, in particular. I would bet that dual-wielding jedi is going to be the absolute most populous class.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #6410 on: May 30, 2011, 01:02:55 PM

The only thing I don't love about it is that probably like a skillion other people will be doing the same thing.

That will happen but when people play the game longer they'll get over the "ooo jedi" factor and roll different classes.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6411 on: May 30, 2011, 01:28:44 PM

Pretty sure our group is going to be like 14 smugglers and Fordel's trooper.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #6412 on: May 30, 2011, 01:35:20 PM

That will happen but when people play the game longer they'll get over the "ooo jedi" factor and roll different classes.

Not me! For all the abuse they've taken, Jedi are still a cool concept, and lightsabers are pretty kickin' rad. I'll happily stab people in the face with lightsabers until the end of days!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6413 on: May 30, 2011, 03:38:08 PM

You're just sad you can't be a protocol droid.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6414 on: May 30, 2011, 04:23:27 PM

Not me! For all the abuse they've taken, Jedi are still a cool concept, and lightsabers are pretty kickin' rad. I'll happily stab people in the face with lightsabers until the end of days!

And that's about how long it will take to kill the average mob with a lghtsaber.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #6415 on: May 30, 2011, 04:39:22 PM

Of course, because mastery of language is truly the greatest weapon.

"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6416 on: May 30, 2011, 09:08:42 PM

Does this game allow you to own droids? It hardly seems Star Wars unless half the people have a droid trundling aloing behind them.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #6417 on: May 30, 2011, 09:11:52 PM

Does this game allow you to own droids? It hardly seems Star Wars unless half the people have a droid trundling aloing behind them.

There's at least one droid companion.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #6418 on: May 30, 2011, 11:02:57 PM

I want an assassin droid.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6419 on: May 31, 2011, 01:25:30 AM

0.0 DPS

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6420 on: May 31, 2011, 01:44:29 AM

Yeah, that PA is pretty much exactly how Ingmar feels.

I'm totally going to be one of the 14 smugglers. I don't care who knows it!

God Save the Horn Players
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6421 on: May 31, 2011, 03:03:26 AM

I want a useful droid. As in a droid I can say "Droid, be a healer because screw this whole LFG thing" or "Droid, be a pocket tank".

Then again, I've always been drawn to pet classes.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6422 on: May 31, 2011, 06:00:30 AM

I want a useful droid. As in a droid I can say "Droid, be a healer because screw this whole LFG thing" or "Droid, be a pocket tank".

That's what the companion system is supposed to be, that little extra roundedness you need for your character.  With the exception that you can't use them in groups.  I read that I think you can get at least 4 different companions (though I think you can only take 1 on a mission at a time).  So, it should be pretty flexible for filling whatever needs you're missing.

My favorite thing announced about them though is that you can send one off on a collection mission to go collect the crafting supplies you need and then have another one of them craft the item you want while you're off doing other things.

Also, cyborg is one of the race options so, yeah, pretty much a protocol droid.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6423 on: May 31, 2011, 06:04:59 AM

If they let me be an R2 unit, I might play the game.

R2D2 was the baddest cat in all of Star Wars.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6424 on: May 31, 2011, 06:05:11 AM

That's what the companion system is supposed to be, that little extra roundedness you need for your character.  You can even use them in flashpoint/dungeons groups to fill in missing players.  They're not as powerful as a human player, but you could essentially two-man a dungeon with each of you bringing a companion.  I read that I think you can get at least 4 different companions (though I think you can only take 1 on a mission at a time).  So, it should be pretty flexible for filling whatever needs you're missing.

My favorite thing announced about them though is that you can send one off on a collection mission to go collect the crafting supplies you need and then have another one of them craft the item you want while you're off doing other things.

Also, cyborg is one of the race options so, yeah, pretty much a protocol droid.

FTFY, reference: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=300223#anchor7

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6425 on: May 31, 2011, 06:07:18 AM

Good, the last thing I had heard was they were a no go for groups.  I'm glad it's not true.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #6426 on: May 31, 2011, 08:22:56 AM

The best thing about that PA is that it's from 2007.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #6427 on: May 31, 2011, 08:37:10 AM

If you like pet classes then you should like swtor. Every class has companions and other than some specific areas you likely will always have one with.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #6428 on: May 31, 2011, 08:42:51 AM

Have we decided what kind of server the Bat Country guilds are going to be on yet?  PVE, PVP, or RP?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6429 on: May 31, 2011, 08:46:41 AM

This game has PVP?
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #6430 on: May 31, 2011, 08:52:29 AM

According to the link someone posted a few messages up those are the server types that will be available.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #6431 on: May 31, 2011, 08:57:17 AM

Have we decided what kind of server the Bat Country guilds are going to be on yet?  PVE, PVP, or RP?
The only thing that has been decided is that whatever we decide Schild initially go long with it then undercut it by starting a guild on another server with a crazy theme.

"Me am play gods"
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6432 on: May 31, 2011, 09:30:27 AM

This game has PVP?

According to sources-that-which-could-be-easily-Googled-the-shit-out-of (along with the link I put up earlier to the official site), the beta is and has always been open PvP.

For Battlegrounds, there won't be level brackets.  Everyone of every level will just queue up together, and if you're less than 50, you'll get sidekicked up to 48-49.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:37:03 AM by luckton »

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6433 on: May 31, 2011, 09:41:40 AM

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/7040/bat-country

Imperial RP, though we should also set up a Republic chapter on the same server. I like the Bioware idea of setting up a guild pre-launch, if we get enough pre-order members it picks the server for us, bypassing the first round of server pick chaos.

I wish Trandoshans were playable.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6434 on: May 31, 2011, 10:16:40 AM

BC has a lot of Imp Agents.  Guess it's Bounty Hunter/ Whatever Empire Commando is for me.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #6435 on: May 31, 2011, 10:44:12 AM

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6436 on: May 31, 2011, 11:54:47 AM

Morbo demands less talk of droids and more talk of devs bashing their community with COMMON SENSE!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6536260#edit6536260

Right now, we do not allow players to change gear or weaponry in combat. We just didn't think that kind of gear juggling added a lot to the combat.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6548028#edit6548028

So you mean if I was looking through my inventory without a lightsaber equipped, if something attacks me I'm not allowed to equip any weapon until I run away several miles like a little girl? That doesn't sound very fun at all.

Note - I'm talking about weapons, not clothing.
It's pretty much impossible to not have a weapon equipped. You'd have to work for that. Sure, you can unequip a weapon and not equip a new one, but there's no compelling reason to do so .. even less outside in the wilderness where you're likely to get jumped.

If you find a new weapon, you can just swap it out, never leaving you at a point where you don't have a weapon.

Switching weapons to maximize stats is not the kind of gameplay we want to encourage. It's tedious and not fun for the overwhelming majority of players, and since some players would feel compelled to engage in the behavior if it offered a benefit, regardless how tedious and unfun it was, we just disallow it, period.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6553501#edit6553501

What if i equipt a gray by mistake, and get jumped so i cant eqipt a proper weapon?

Seriously, Almost all MMOs let you change weapons but not gear in combat, one of them being the biggest MMO, and another being the other SW MMOi havent heard of that kind of exploit in either.
Then you will pay for your mistake by fighting one combat with said gray weapon, simple as that, bitches.

Bolded= paraphrased underlying tone  awesome, for real

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #6437 on: May 31, 2011, 12:07:29 PM

Seems like kind of stupid thing to get into a lather over.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6438 on: May 31, 2011, 12:12:44 PM

Seems like kind of stupid thing to get into a lather over.

Perhaps for the common man.  The 2% hardcore crowd though, this is pretty devastating, as weapon swapping on-the-fly is one of many min-max tactics used to try and 'sploit encounters and squeeze out every last drop of potential DPS. 

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #6439 on: May 31, 2011, 12:23:09 PM

Well, in that same link you gave us earlier they specifically say that TOR isn't designed to appeal to the hardcore. The hardcore guys are the ones all worried about not being able to bypass quest text and voice overs in case it slows down their access to end game raiding.

The prospect of not playing with those people is something I'm somehow able to bear up under.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: