Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:15:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs  (Read 625563 times)
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: October 21, 2008, 04:57:36 AM

It strikes me that it's never worked talking smack about how the guy with *ten times your subscriber base* sort of sucks.
Kriton

Email
Reply #456 on: October 21, 2008, 05:06:57 AM

Responding to 3-day old post, starfucking.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:57:34 AM by schild »
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #457 on: October 21, 2008, 05:19:44 AM

Of the two remaining originally planned careers, the Dwarf Hammerer and Greenskin Choppa, one is set to return to the game at a later date, but the other will be replaced by an as-yet unknown class.

I'm kind of surprised they don't put in the Dwarf Slayer, personally. Order needs a naked mohawk DPS class to counteract Marauders!

My assumption would be that Slayer will be the rep for Hammerer. Slayers are one of the most interesting and beloved things in the WFB Dwarf army. Kind of like Goblin Fanatics (and to a lesser extent, Goblins with Squigs.)

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #458 on: October 21, 2008, 05:26:09 AM

Somebody mentioned tattoos as a possible replacement for armour on Slayer characters.
Tharrn

Email
Reply #459 on: October 21, 2008, 05:36:05 AM

Too lazy to fucking read.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:57:49 AM by schild »
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #460 on: October 21, 2008, 05:39:33 AM

Somebody mentioned tattoos as a possible replacement for armour on Slayer characters.

Tattoos, earrings, piercings, bracers, greaves, chains, bigger mohawks, hair gel, and bling like Mr.T.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: October 21, 2008, 05:58:17 AM

I was always shocked by the lack of slayers. They're one of the three or four iconic archetypes in the Warhammer world.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: October 21, 2008, 06:06:56 AM

I was pretty shocked that the melee DPS class for dwarves was no the slayers. Just seemed like a perfect light high damage low armor melee DPS class and very iconic.
Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: October 21, 2008, 06:25:32 AM

They removed the original slayer class because of lore reasons and possibly because of how gear would have to work with the class.

Removing the choppa and replacing it with another generic MDPS orc class seems the most logical stepfor this new mystery class they're adding, since they then don't have to replace any of the graphical assets. If they remove the hammerer for the slayer though, they'll have to throw away all that hammering goodness.
Logie
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: October 21, 2008, 06:29:22 AM

Some greats posts in this threads, with the people posting ideas etc as they are, game has a bright future!

I'm not a hardcore player, i have enjoyed War up to 21 where i noticed a massive slow down in leveling, i know its been said many times but i also agree its turned to a massive grind.

Completing most the quests available at a given time in the current map normally gives around 40% (In my experiance) leaving Scenarios etc to get the rest.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #465 on: October 21, 2008, 06:32:48 AM

I keep seeing these new guys posting hoping for some quality material, but it looks like we are through the mouthbreather phase and on to the possible "hey maybe I'll not hump legs and scream from mark's attention" crowd.

Part of me is disappointed, the other relieved.

Welcome, non-idiots!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: October 21, 2008, 06:38:03 AM

But that's precisely the point, there is no hammering goodness.  Nobody gives a shit about the class but people love the choppa (including MJ who absolutely gushes about them every time someone tangentially mentions them).  Slayers not wearing armor isn't a big deal.  There's already a class in game that only wears hooker boots and a bikini.  And high elves still get gear in all of those slots even though you'll never see it underneath their robes.  So they can just put tattoos or whatever there.

What I don't think these WHA people understand is that there's a difference between profanity and venom.  There's a lot of profanity on this board and people can be very passionate, but venom, drivel and toadying won't get you far.  There's far, far more venom at some of the other places.  But you know some of these people won't be happy till MJ is answering troll responses on Yahoo! Answers.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #467 on: October 21, 2008, 06:45:46 AM

I keep seeing these new guys posting hoping for some quality material, but it looks like we are through the mouthbreather phase and on to the possible "hey maybe I'll not hump legs and scream from mark's attention" crowd.

Part of me is disappointed, the other relieved.

Welcome, non-idiots!

They must have read the WHA threads where some f13 members mention to let yourself gently into the water at first here, rather than not reading anyfuckingthing and posting the Unibomber's WAR Manifesto instead. On Page 14.

(Do you think Mark will read this post?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  awesome, for real Should I change my Avatar? swamp poop ACK!)

Still, this thread is epic fun. I should have gone to bed an hour ago.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

leodido

Email
Reply #468 on: October 21, 2008, 07:00:21 AM

Just found this awesome board!
Yeah I'm one of those new comer slap me etc...
Just wanted to say that reading all this crap made me laugh numerous times.  Popcorn (wow your smiley selection rock)
Did not figure yet who is the saddest tho ! Guess I'll hang around a bit longer if I'm allowed.

Oh and just wanted to add that the slayer does not make sense to be added in the game. A slayer is supposed to be a dwarf who, and here i quote wikipedia, "suffered a great shame, loss or humiliation" and "He will then go out into the world, seeking out an honorable death in combat". This game is based on an IP which it must follows so I doubt that Gameworkshop will allow that.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:03:24 AM by leodido »
Microwavegerbil

Email
Reply #469 on: October 21, 2008, 07:06:05 AM

tl;dr starfucking
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:59:22 AM by schild »
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #470 on: October 21, 2008, 07:06:51 AM

Meh, they've already taken a dump on most of the IP, so having player Slayers doesn't seem to be much of a stretch. And adding Slayers might do a bit to fix the pop imbalance. If it still matters by the time they're in.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #471 on: October 21, 2008, 07:09:13 AM

Did that one guy mean "stone cold TROLL TURDS"?  because "trolls tards" isn't making any sense to me.  He must have meant "troll turds".  I'm sure of it.  Anyway, hello to all the new people!   Please stay!  ZombieSigne 

I miss thejeni.  Maybe these are her heavy hitters.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
leodido

Email
Reply #472 on: October 21, 2008, 07:13:07 AM

Oh don't get me wrong, the slayer looks like it could be an awesome career and boost the order coolness factor by quite a bit.
I was merely pointing that GameWorkshop should validate Mythic actions and I'm not sure they'll allow that.

Thanks for the warm welcome signe, I don't know who thejeni is tho.. Will try to do better than him/her

edit:typo
debichu

Email
Reply #473 on: October 21, 2008, 07:15:36 AM

lol this forum is like North Korea. If you don't agree with the management, your out.

Didn't even read the rest, I assume you agree with me, still out!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:00:47 AM by schild »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: October 21, 2008, 07:17:37 AM

Woot! A few psychos are still getting through.  Eat
Erdrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: October 21, 2008, 07:20:10 AM

I've been here a day and I'm surprised at how many people don't "get it".
RaquelisKISLEV

Email
Reply #476 on: October 21, 2008, 07:22:41 AM

I didn't bother resizing my avatar and my sig is centered. I am a tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:04:03 AM by schild »
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #477 on: October 21, 2008, 07:24:03 AM

lol this forum is like North Korea. If you don't agree with the management, your out.

It's called 'Stalinizing Posts' and has a long tradition. Don't mock our traditions!
debichu

Email
Reply #478 on: October 21, 2008, 07:26:52 AM

It's called 'Stalinizing Posts' and has a long tradition. Don't mock our traditions!
... okay?
Well it should say on the registration page: "We keep the right to Stalinize all your posts. It's tradition".
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: October 21, 2008, 07:29:43 AM

Since this thread is epic, I think we should name it.  How about "The Thread That Was Heard Around The World".  The world being Schild's ego.

Oh and  awesome, for real
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: October 21, 2008, 07:32:56 AM

Did that one guy mean "stone cold TROLL TURDS"?  because "trolls tards" isn't making any sense to me.  He must have meant "troll turds".  I'm sure of it.  Anyway, hello to all the new people!   Please stay!  ZombieSigne 

You are mixing board mythology!  "Heavy hitters" was some other retard whose name escapes me at the moment.  He wasn't quite at the level of the Big Four (itchees, thejeni, Vajuras, Grunk, I'd add $P$Money but thats before this board's time) but he was close.  Damn, now I won't be able to sleep until I find the original reference.   undecided

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #481 on: October 21, 2008, 07:39:05 AM

That was Poseidon.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: October 21, 2008, 07:39:36 AM

I would like to say that WOW is a much better game than warhammer which will ultimately fail and turn into a niche product). All the warhammer players that keep hoping their game will improve are just delusional and shouldn't be wasting their time arguing about something that won't improve and that they will probably quit in a month when WOTLK comes out.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: October 21, 2008, 07:44:14 AM

... okay?
Well it should say on the registration page: "We keep the right to Stalinize all your posts. It's tradition".

And if it said that, would you have paid any attention? Be honest.

Besides, if the registration page put up that warning, in a big bright colored font for good measure, and the new kidz all paid attention to it, how would we get threads like these?

No no no. The system we have exists for a reason.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
RaquelisKISLEV

Email
Reply #484 on: October 21, 2008, 07:44:27 AM

I would like to say that WOW is a much better game than warhammer which will ultimately fail and turn into a niche product). All the warhammer players that keep hoping their game will improve are just delusional and shouldn't be wasting their time arguing about something that won't improve and that they will probably quit in a month when WOTLK comes out.
I won't argue that WoW is good, but better than Warhammer?  That is a matter of opinion.  WoW has better PvE, Warhammer has better PvP.  You really can't compare the two games.  They are fundamentally different, in terms of concept.  For the record, I'm not saying Warhammer is better than WoW either.

On a serious note: Is WoW your "1st MMO" or have you played others.
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: October 21, 2008, 07:45:07 AM

Man that WHA post on pages 5 and 6 is pretty funny to read. We're all basement dwellers who think we're cool because "Red Names Post Here!".  I don't know about basement dwellers, but most of us here are long time community veterans who love gaming and who generally know what we are talking about. These forums are also more tightly regulated than major sites, and we can have honest and frank discussions with others here without 1,000 mouthbreathers hijacking every discussion.

Here are my new user ban predictions for today so far:

debichu - nothing constructive, calls us North Korea
drammar - absolutely worthless 1 liner for his first post
Tharrn - 1st post = "I admit I haven't read all 14 pages", insert novella

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: October 21, 2008, 07:51:31 AM

I love a good threadwreck with my coffee. awesome, for real
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: October 21, 2008, 07:57:51 AM

You are mixing board mythology!  "Heavy hitters" was some other retard whose name escapes me at the moment.  He wasn't quite at the level of the Big Four (itchees, thejeni, Vajuras, Grunk, I'd add $P$Money but thats before this board's time) but he was close.  Damn, now I won't be able to sleep until I find the original reference.   undecided

It was EvE "Aces over Eights" dude.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: October 21, 2008, 07:58:11 AM

Man, i have a busy weekend, and get a cold, and miss this epic thread.  why so serious?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #489 on: October 21, 2008, 08:03:59 AM

Welcome to f13. We eat our own young. And you should amend this statement. It's not about agreeing with the management (see my disagreements with schild over the Wii). It's about not pissing the management off. It's their playground, don't piss in the sandbox and you'll survive if you care to.

The Slayers are an iconic GW class. Not including them even in the initial design phase was something I always felt was just off. It's Warhammer - there must be Slayers. It's like making Skaven a playable race but not having Rat Ogres or Assassins. You just don't do it. As for their gear, tattoos are going to be the main source of upgrades. The lore allows for tats to boost all sorts of thing - strength, armor, resists, etc. Their seeking of death certainly doesn't go against the lore of the MMOG, since just about everyone seeks death in some form or fashion. I'd think they would get natural bonuses to fighting certain types of monsters, like trolls or dragons (and for that matter orcs) or against certain classes as well. What would Hammerers be? Iron Breakers who use 2-handed hammers.

Level 22 just hit me in the junk. I now have a total of 2 quests in my current racial area. To get to those quests, I have to fight through mobs that are 5-8 levels above me, and who knows what level the quest mobs are. That's it, there are no other quests being given in the Talabacland area. Which really means I have to hit the scenarios or use up the content in other racial areas (which will kill my ability to experience new content with alts). And the rewards for those quests will probably not go over 4000 xp - which is roughly 2% of my level or less? WTF? There has got to be a decimal point missing in some table somewhere, because that is totally fuxx0red. People are running Tor Anroc because there's just nothing else to do for experience.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs  
Jump to: