Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:46:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs  (Read 621146 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #980 on: December 19, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

They may be testing the waters before committing to the XP speed increase.

I'm confident those waters are quite warm and comfortable.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #981 on: December 19, 2008, 09:31:06 AM

Like the rest of the game, what they didn't tell you was at the last minute they switched water for urine. Hence the warmth.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #982 on: December 19, 2008, 10:15:44 AM

Well, let's say they do increase the XP for good. Then what? Level umpteen alts till they fix the end game?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #983 on: December 19, 2008, 10:22:45 AM

lol, i was referring to game system impact, not necessarily players reactions.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #984 on: December 19, 2008, 11:21:07 AM

I don't remember rest xp being that useful at all.  And how can the say that characters would level 10-20% faster if it depended how much rest you have.  People are bound to play at different rates and earn various amounts of rest.

"Me am play gods"
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #985 on: December 19, 2008, 11:24:07 AM

I don't remember rest xp being that useful at all.  And how can the say that characters would level 10-20% faster if it depended how much rest you have.  People are bound to play at different rates and earn various amounts of rest.

Well, at the rate I'm playing I an assure you that I would be able to take full advantage of the rest experience addition.

If I was still paying.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #986 on: December 19, 2008, 01:55:36 PM

What could they possibly expect to learn from a couple of weeks about supposed long term retention risks of a negligable increase in xp rates.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ュassurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #987 on: December 19, 2008, 02:09:13 PM

Recruit a friend
Here痴 how it works:

When you become a paying subscriber to Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, you値l receive 3 recruitment notices to share with friends or family. For each month you continue to subscribe, you値l receive another recruitment notice (for a maximum of 6 at any time).

2. Send a recruitment email to a friend or family member from the Account Center. This will allow your recruit to create a trial account for seven days of free play. Unused referrals expire after 30 days and will revert back to your pool of available referrals.

3. When your recruit becomes a paying subscriber to WAR, you will receive a credit for 30 days of free game time. Stay tuned for more exciting recruitment rewards in the future!

A good thing, but would you really recruit a friend at this stage? I feel bad that my friends bought copies  ACK!
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #988 on: December 19, 2008, 02:56:40 PM

Recruit a friend
Here痴 how it works:

When you become a paying subscriber to Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, you値l receive 3 recruitment notices to share with friends or family. For each month you continue to subscribe, you値l receive another recruitment notice (for a maximum of 6 at any time).

2. Send a recruitment email to a friend or family member from the Account Center. This will allow your recruit to create a trial account for seven days of free play. Unused referrals expire after 30 days and will revert back to your pool of available referrals.

3. When your recruit becomes a paying subscriber to WAR, you will receive a credit for 30 days of free game time. Stay tuned for more exciting recruitment rewards in the future!

A good thing, but would you really recruit a friend at this stage? I feel bad that my friends bought copies  ACK!

Pales in comparison to Blizzard's triple xp and free levels.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #989 on: December 19, 2008, 03:18:40 PM

Recruit a friend
Here痴 how it works:

yay free cross realm spy account  why so serious?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #990 on: December 19, 2008, 03:55:18 PM

Recruit a friend

Where's my zebra mount??? Ohhhhh, I see.

If I tried to sell my friends on a half-assed, unpolished game with egotistical devs with their heads up their asses telling players that they aren't playing a game right, how long would they remain my friends?

I just re-looked at the rested XP boost - why boost T2? It's the best part of the whole game. In fact, they could have capped levelling at 20 so that we could understand game mechanics and get our skills, then possibly have reknown tactics kick in for another 10 levels based on SC/RvR. AKA have a learning curve, not a cockblock.

But I guess that would just be common sense and radical thinking and wouldn't hide the fact that the endgame... well, it's not shit, because shit exists, endgame doesn't.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs  
Jump to: