Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:06:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs  (Read 625557 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #420 on: October 20, 2008, 09:32:24 PM

i read the threads and while i agree with most of the sentiment i must say the admin and mods there are jerks. Epeener jerks who believe that their access to MJ makes them better than anyone else.

i wanted to post there but realized theres no reason, the whining is just as loud there as it is on the VN boards, the whining however is coming from the admins and mods ....

I am amazed MJ cannot see the trap there tbh. MJ has already explained while he agrees with most of the points there he cannot snap his fingers and make it happen instantly. And yet the admin and mods keep trolling him telling to do it now do it now do it now cos they know better .. its a sucker trap, MJ should never respond like that . Its foolish to respond to threads like that , they are just attention wh0ring with him as an audience. And now they got him, they wont let go.

WE'RE AN (EPEEN) TRAP
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #421 on: October 20, 2008, 09:41:15 PM

OUR ACCESS TO MARK JACOBS MAKES US BETTER THAN ANYONE!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

why so serious? why so serious? why so serious? why so serious? why so serious? why so serious? why so serious?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #422 on: October 20, 2008, 09:49:53 PM

Why would any dev listen to anybody anywhere? That's a serious question. I don't think we are special and unique snowflakes here. I think we type in mostly well-documented English. Perhaps that seperates F13 from other forums. I don't know, and I don't want to find out.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: October 20, 2008, 09:58:55 PM

Depends if people are putting forth suggestions or symptoms.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
schild
Administrator

Reply #424 on: October 20, 2008, 09:59:42 PM

Only thing i can say about f13 is this place is full of stone cold tolls tards.

I mean you can't go 1 page without seeing a troll...damn the mods in this forum must have an easy job.
& i'm not happy about the state of RVR now but i'm overall happy about warhammer as a game.
It's a casual game that have great features & fun to play though it needs like 3 months to be polished but that's all fine.

One thing i believe is that MJ needs to leave these trolls alone.
Man you did a good job on the game & if the whiners don't shut up then leave the...nothing you can do about tards you know....it's their nature.

Gift that keeps giving. These guys are awesome.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: October 20, 2008, 10:11:59 PM

Why would any dev listen to anybody anywhere? That's a serious question. I don't think we are special and unique snowflakes here. I think we type in mostly well-documented English. Perhaps that seperates F13 from other forums. I don't know, and I don't want to find out.

I would say it's a bastardized focus group. What I cannot figure out is how you would classify the metric and try to weigh it against the crazies factor.

# of can do no wrong posts * # of give them time posts / # unsubscribed posts + # mouth breather posts - # mod deletions =  some random number that means nothing

Shrug, perhaps your right and its best not to think of these things.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #426 on: October 20, 2008, 10:19:17 PM

Gift that keeps giving. These guys are awesome.
When do we raise our banner and attack back? Apparently this is customary in these kinds of internet turf wars.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: October 20, 2008, 10:21:45 PM

Slap fight!

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: October 20, 2008, 10:39:44 PM

Mark does this thing where he seems to keep a relatively low profile, but then he comes here and shoots from the hip a little, and the crazies flock over here to scream for the attention of their master. It happened with the "UO dev team shitcanned" story when some Stratics retards came over here to yell at him for not posting there.

I just can't understand how they don't understand this kind of thing. You play cool, they play cool. You act like a fucking retard, they go somewhere else.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: October 20, 2008, 11:04:22 PM

The *real* question is, will Mark post here again and will that stir up the hive again  Ohhhhh, I see.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #430 on: October 20, 2008, 11:19:58 PM

When do we raise our banner and attack back? Apparently this is customary in these kinds of internet turf wars.

I'm down. You guys don't realize it, but I actually make an effort to behave here. In my natural state, I'm even more insufferable. I shall go there and turn every thread into a discussion of UO and start a 4000 page thread on Trammel while proclaiming Phantom Menace to be the finest art film ever made. Once everyone there is totally fed up with me, I'll go out in a blaze of Tubgirl. It'll be great. Let's all go.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #431 on: October 20, 2008, 11:29:21 PM

I'm down. You guys don't realize it, but I actually make an effort to behave here. In my natural state, I'm even more insufferable.

I have no doubts of this. I remember UO communities.  You've been there for longer than a third of my lifetime.  ACK!

Don't kick them.  I really don't enjoy denning and deleting posts.  Well, sometimes it's nice.  30 minutes to type. 10 seconds to delete.  why so serious?

-Rasix
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #432 on: October 20, 2008, 11:38:18 PM

Vajuras, Grunk, and thejeni have found their fourth horseman in Itchees.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #433 on: October 20, 2008, 11:44:20 PM

Internet apocalypse incoming?
debichu

Email
Reply #434 on: October 20, 2008, 11:56:07 PM

too lazy to be snarky
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:15:26 AM by schild »
Micow
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: October 20, 2008, 11:58:12 PM

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:16:16 AM by schild »
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #436 on: October 21, 2008, 12:03:50 AM

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:16:34 AM by schild »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: October 21, 2008, 12:08:59 AM

Damn I wish I was a patriot.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #438 on: October 21, 2008, 12:12:20 AM

Geez!
It hurts my eyes to see so much retardation on the internet. It looks like 4chan is down and /b/ let out all its users.

Mark, I freaking love you. And I'm not being sarcastic or stalker-ish now.
I love WAR. It's like your not-hot-but-cute girlfriend: she's got her quirks but you love her.
There're a few things I'd change, but as I see, they're on their way. So, as a patriot, I'll wait for the patches and just be happy that it's being worked on.
Imagine that WAR wasn't being updated...?

Keep up the good work!

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: October 21, 2008, 12:23:18 AM

F13 does not house a majority of their player base. It houses the vast minority of verbally disruptive, rude, and entitled players.

Well, DUH.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #440 on: October 21, 2008, 12:30:25 AM

I didn't think there would be a place where mental retards who just want the chance to flame a games designer exisisted!

Boy those people need to learn some maners and respect .... although saying that 1/2 the post here these days feel like they were written by a 9 year old retard filled to the brim with coffee!

Good to see old MJ defending himself and not letting the retards get away with flamming comments, but personaly he should just ignore them ... getting a respence is like giving a kid a new toy ... they will just sceam even more next time for the next toy!

My new, favorite post.

I particularly like the part where it devolved into absolute nonsense. Which was right after he called all you disruptive, rude and entitled jerks a bunch of "mental retards." Man, who do you people think you are?! Learn some maners and respct! Personaly, I'm thinking of ignoring the lot of you. With all your flamming, you don't even deserve a respence from me.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #441 on: October 21, 2008, 12:45:02 AM

Linky

Mythic "flattered" by Warcraft's imitation combat
Blizzad's latest move to introduce open world PVP combat to World of Warcraft is "absolutely a reaction to Warhammer," according to Mark Jacobs, CEO of Mythic.

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Jacobs talked about the latest PVP features to be included in the World of Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King, many of which, he claims, are based on Warhammer Online.

"Oh absolutely," responded Jacobs, when asked if this was a move by Blizzard to position World of Warcraft against Warhammer Online. "I think imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

"You have a game that's been out for four years, they've never put in world PVP like ours, they've never been able to level through PVP like in ours. I think it's absolutely a reaction to Warhammer," Jacobs added. "It wasn't like all of a sudden the idea of open world PVP or levelling through PVP came into their heads and went 'nobody's ever done this before'."

"I don't think it was accidental that they're talking about doing it when Warhammer comes out. Four years and suddenly, miraculously, at the same time Warhammer comes out that's when they start talking about these things... I think it was Jeff Kaplan who said they like to look at other games and learn from them - well, I'm flattered."

Mythic's CEO, went on to discuss the uncertainty involved in predicting how many of the currently registered users will be converted into paying subscribers, following the end of the 30 day free trial that comes packaged with the boxed product.

"If we're successful, we'll have a high conversion rate and we'll keep the vast majority of our subs," he explained, adding: "No one has been billed yet, so we won't know this really for at least several months, in terms of how well we're doing, unless we start off horribly."

"Everything we've done internally, in terms of looking at internal polls, people posting on forums, emails from people, all we've seen so far is that we're well on track."

Mark Jacob's full interview with GamesIndustry.biz can be found here.

Funny stuff.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: October 21, 2008, 12:53:40 AM

I didn't think there would be a place where mental retards who just want the chance to flame a games designer exisisted!

It's pretty awesome, no?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: October 21, 2008, 01:04:38 AM

snip

Gah. He really is an idiot. I feel bad.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #444 on: October 21, 2008, 01:08:46 AM

eh?  I thought it was funny because it's true, plus Blizzard started this pissing contest.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: October 21, 2008, 01:14:30 AM

Except it's nothing new.

Blizzard 'copying' other games design features? The Scandal  ACK! !

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #446 on: October 21, 2008, 01:24:14 AM

Who said "new"?  Blizzard said half of the WoW players who left for WAR came back.  Mythic is now saying WoW is copying WAR for pvp level advancement.  It's a press release pointing out an alternative, it's not meant for us, it's meant for ex-WoW players, current WoW players or potential WoW players.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: October 21, 2008, 01:26:12 AM

Who said "new"?  Blizzard said half of the WoW players who left for WAR came back.  Mythic is now saying WoW is copying WAR for pvp level advancement.  It's a press release pointing out an alternative, it's not meant for us, it's meant for ex-WoW players, current WoW players or potential WoW players.

That's basiclly me. (I haven't played WAR)

And you see my response above.

Hence, he's an idiot and I feel bad for him.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: October 21, 2008, 01:27:05 AM

Then even at that, it's failed.

"That thing you came to WAR for? Blizz is doing it too now, feel free to go back!"

-fake edit- I'm replying to A.P.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #449 on: October 21, 2008, 01:29:39 AM

"That thing you came to WAR for? Blizz is doing it too now, feel free to go back!"

Really?  That's great, when is it going live?
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #450 on: October 21, 2008, 01:35:20 AM

Do we really want to troll back through who said what first? I can find comments from Barnett that dis WoW very easily.

I really don't care if Mythic and Blizzard get into a pissing contest - it's really all just  Popcorn for us anyway. What I hate is Mythic trying to act all innocent and outraged just because Blizzard said some things that most people agree with.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #451 on: October 21, 2008, 01:44:41 AM

Do we really want to troll back through who said what first? I can find comments from Barnett that dis WoW very easily.

I really don't care if Mythic and Blizzard get into a pissing contest - it's really all just  Popcorn for us anyway. What I hate is Mythic trying to act all innocent and outraged just because Blizzard said some things that most people agree with.

Saying he's "flattered", isn't exactly acting "all innocent and outraged".  He's playing it differently in that piece so that's why I quoted it.  If you are still annoyed about the events of the other day, you can post it without directing it as a response to me.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: October 21, 2008, 01:46:11 AM

Really?  That's great, when is it going live?

The DaoC RvR style PvP bit? Nov 13.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #453 on: October 21, 2008, 01:59:58 AM

I meant the pvp leveling bit.  Maybe I should have posted that quote in the other thread, but I'd already repeated myself a couple of times there, so was kinda done with it.  On who started it, I think it's kinda retarded, but ok Paul mentioned WoW first, the timing of the Blizzard response just before the free subscription period ending and the day before State of the Game certainly escalated it.
drammar

Email
Reply #454 on: October 21, 2008, 04:00:08 AM

whore
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:56:29 AM by schild »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs  
Jump to: