Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 12:14:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs  (Read 626919 times)
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #385 on: October 20, 2008, 05:11:01 PM

I just spent some time constructing an elaborate joke that somehow managed to involve both Warhammer, Signe and strap-on penises - but luckily I came to my senses before posting it.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #386 on: October 20, 2008, 05:12:03 PM

I just spent some time constructing an elaborate joke that somehow managed to involve both Warhammer, Signe and strap-on penises - but luckily I came to my senses before posting it.

It's all for the best. Schild would have deleted it with his "30 minute work eraser"  Ohhhhh, I see.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: October 20, 2008, 05:20:22 PM

Oh my god, Schild's *in* that thread over there.

Popcorn
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: October 20, 2008, 05:38:15 PM

Popcorn

You've gotta admit, it would be kinda funny if he got banned.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: October 20, 2008, 05:38:46 PM

I'm LOVIN' IT.  The complete mind boggingly sense of entitlement of people barging in throwing up walls of text and when getting called on it, spouting off bullshit of  " Fuck you! I  registered to stalk talk to Mark and you can't stop me!"
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: October 20, 2008, 05:51:00 PM

Yeah it is pretty funny to see them swoop in, make a post that contains more words than I have posted since I registered here in '04, and then get all pissy because they were not greeted (greetzed?) with hosannas and paeans to their intellect and acumen.     
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: October 20, 2008, 05:52:27 PM

Popcorn

Someone give me a link... I beg you.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #392 on: October 20, 2008, 05:54:20 PM

The thread was linked earlier, but it is already locked. Assuming its the same thread!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #393 on: October 20, 2008, 05:57:14 PM

The thread was linked earlier, but it is already locked. Assuming its the same thread!

There are several.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #394 on: October 20, 2008, 06:02:04 PM

There are several.

At least two. And those, combined with watching the rapid banniation here, have kept me unproductive for most of the day. Some funny stuff - Itchee of the 1,500 word essay that went poof twice - is having a good cry. (Thread is the sans Schild one, the other is indeed locked.)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:04:24 PM by squirrel »

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: October 20, 2008, 06:11:22 PM

Popcorn

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Schild, my son!
The forums banned, the posts undone!
Beware the Jewdian mod, and shun
The frumious 'Istration!"

He took his vorpal phone in hand:
Long time the manxome dev he sought --
So rested he by the forum F13,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Schild, with eyes of lame,
Came smoking through the tulgey wood,
And snorgled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The forums  went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Schild?
Come to my arms, my beamish noob!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled as he lubed.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Xeyi
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: October 20, 2008, 06:12:45 PM

Someone give me a link... I beg you.

Probably this one.

edit - I messed up the link
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:19:48 PM by Xeyi »
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #397 on: October 20, 2008, 06:17:44 PM

You should have kept Itchees around his a good replacement for grunk:

The whole argument against "walls of text" is idiotic, how can you do a well argumented point about the state of this game with 3 lines of text

why so serious?
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #398 on: October 20, 2008, 06:30:54 PM

The whole argument against "walls of text" is idiotic, how can you do a well argumented point about the state of this game with 3 lines of text

"Overall the PvP is great, there are some issues with server population and class balance, not many have explored the endgame as of yet, PVE is pretty boring if you're a veteran of these,  and the levelling curve in Tiers 3 and 4 need some looking into."

Oh, sorry, that was 2 lines. why so serious?
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: October 20, 2008, 06:30:58 PM

You should have kept Itchees around his a good replacement for grunk:

why so serious?

I think my favorite quote from him in that other thread is this:

So? theyd rather have what, a bunch of people posting witty images that have nothing to do with the OP, than my constructive criticism of the game?

It just so encapsulates the sense of entitlement...  "How dare they post funny pictures when I, random dude on the interwebs, has something important to say!!!!!!"   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:32:36 PM by amiable »
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: October 20, 2008, 06:40:01 PM

I'd suggest a 1 day delay on new account being able to post. Or not ...  why so serious?
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: October 20, 2008, 06:50:49 PM

I'd suggest a 1 day delay on new account being able to post. Or not ...  why so serious?

I don't think the mods do delayed gratification.  /ducks banstick
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: October 20, 2008, 07:02:44 PM

Thanks for the links. 

I went over to WHA to see their side of the story.  You really can't understand nor appreciate the value of any community until you've spent some time with it.  Most of us have been rattling around the same posters for 10+ years... I'm guessing they don't understand that level of familiarity.  They're passionate about WAR and I can certainly appreciate and respect that.  Sadly, it's not really about WAR in this case.  It's about barging into a community that you aren't a part of and beating your chest.  I'm not sure they recognize this as the case... ok, some appear to.

I apologize for the derail.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #403 on: October 20, 2008, 07:22:10 PM

Thanks for the links. 

I went over to WHA to see their side of the story.  You really can't understand nor appreciate the value of any community until you've spent some time with it.  Most of us have been rattling around the same posters for 10+ years... I'm guessing they don't understand that level of familiarity.  They're passionate about WAR and I can certainly appreciate and respect that.  Sadly, it's not really about WAR in this case.  It's about barging into a community that you aren't a part of and beating your chest.  I'm not sure they recognize this as the case... ok, some appear to.

I apologize for the derail.

This thread went off the rails about 4 stations back. Its in hurt town now, and schilds the mayor.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #404 on: October 20, 2008, 07:39:41 PM

I'd be happy to rerail it for you -- for a fee of course. I've re-railed threads in brockway, ogdenville, and north havenbrook and it put them on the map!
No more questions about why the devs are here in this no-name forum, no siree!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:04:04 AM by Nerf »
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #405 on: October 20, 2008, 07:57:01 PM

Whoa, epic thread in progress and I didn't even know. We need that "F13 OMG" Bat Signal.

except that EA wanted to shut down UO when they gave it to us but I convinced them to spend more money on the game

You are now officially cool in my book forever.  Heart Heart Heart

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: October 20, 2008, 07:59:18 PM

I think that's a valid observation in general, however I don't necessarily think it applies in this case.

They're a fansite that feels slighted, one-upped by a bunch of nobodies in some site they had to google. It's the entitlement thing mentioned by others here. They're Warhammer Alliance, only doing one thing. So of course they should be the eipcenter of all things WAR and how dare Mythic send official representation anywhere else. So instead of accepting that they didn't do things well enough and maybe, ya know, changing, they lash out. Introspection is hard and stuff.

The icing is just the irony of them thinking we're doing something better over here, in a sub-game forum probably graveyard'ed before Christmas  awesome, for real
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: October 20, 2008, 08:01:11 PM

Except for not wanting to innudate the poor mods of WHA <waves at Garthlik>, I'd love for a horde of people to register to write thousand word essays to ... a poster whom shall remain nameless ... which will promptly be ignored, because we'd all be new posters with no connection to the existing community, nor doing anything but spewing our supposed wisdom.

Egads, why aren't trolls a playable race!?  Wallateks hits you for 1000 points of word damage!

Forget RvR and all that other stuff.  We need trolls, stat!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
spud

Email
Reply #408 on: October 20, 2008, 08:04:34 PM

Mod edit: Man, I bet this was a lot of effort.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:18:21 PM by Rasix »
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: October 20, 2008, 08:05:52 PM

Quote from: Lantyssa wrote
I'd love for a horde of people to register to write thousand word essays

Serious question: why?

It's all been discussed. Everyone with a valid opinion has stated it already, and probably a large percentage of them did it in Beta. Mythic is going to do what they want. In this era of the genre, even the WoW newbs need to recognize these games will only move as fast as the one group of people actually accountable to that game will move it. Everyone else is either an active account or not.

Every single possible thing that needs to be said at this stage has been. We're just repeating ourselves while the neophytes come in, ignore everything they said before and we said here, and repeat it all again. It's cathartic or something smiley
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #410 on: October 20, 2008, 08:10:56 PM

I have nothing to add to this thread. I just want to point out that it's funny how they come charging in and address MJ directly, like he's the dear abbey of giving a fuck.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #411 on: October 20, 2008, 08:13:42 PM

I have nothing to add to this thread. I just want to point out that it's funny how they come charging in and address MJ directly, like he's the dear abbey of giving a fuck.

Well, to be fair, so did we. But you know, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has them, and everyone uses them for pretty much the same purpose.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: October 20, 2008, 08:16:46 PM

Darniaq, you're so innocent.  I'm talking about registering at those other boards.  For a very specific poster whose feelings are hurt, to drive home a point 'cause the schadenfreude is strong with me today.

Yes it's all been said, probably in beta.  That's why all these people registering and posting after Jacobs here is so funny.  They're not saying anything we didn't cover when he commented.  We'd be doing the same there, only to a nobody.  Which would be amusingly ironic, but mean to their mods.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: October 20, 2008, 08:17:18 PM

WTS:

1 F13 posting account. 625 posts.

Write walls of text to Mark Jacobs without grinding posts and rep!

Only $1500. Paypal only please.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #414 on: October 20, 2008, 08:18:39 PM

I wish I was in WAR if only for this thread.  The only thing it's missing are holocrons. 
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: October 20, 2008, 08:20:32 PM

I'm talking about registering at those other boards.  For a very specific poster whose feelings are hurt, to drive home a point 'cause the schadenfreude is strong with me today.

Oh, that, heh. Yea, carry on  Ohhhhh, I see.

This has been fun, but it's just another unfinished MMO waiting for the eventual tight player community coalesce around its future. Ya'all have fun now, ya hear?  Grin

(we need a straw hat toothpick eatin' hand wavin' goodbye emote...)
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: October 20, 2008, 08:24:09 PM

But but but, even though everything has been said before, the right combination of words, with the right resonance and timing can move the world.

The world ... of warhammer.

The internet is the 1000 monkeys at their typewriters made reality, one day such a work of perfection will spring forth from the most obscure of threads that we will all be born to a new age.

The chance that that magic post will contain the name Mark Jacobs is increasing.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #417 on: October 20, 2008, 08:25:03 PM

WTS:

1 F13 posting account. 625 posts.

Write walls of text to Mark Jacobs without grinding posts and rep!

Only $1500. Paypal only please.
SChild is a griefer. He'll PK ur txt

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #418 on: October 20, 2008, 09:14:28 PM

Mark does this thing where he seems to keep a relatively low profile, but then he comes here and shoots from the hip a little, and the crazies flock over here to scream for the attention of their master. It happened with the "UO dev team shitcanned" story when some Stratics retards came over here to yell at him for not posting there.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: October 20, 2008, 09:27:03 PM

Mark does this thing where he seems to keep a relatively low profile, but then he comes here and shoots from the hip a little, and the crazies flock over here to scream for the attention of their master. It happened with the "UO dev team shitcanned" story when some Stratics retards came over here to yell at him for not posting there.

And in the end, we all win!  awesome, for real

The funnies haven't stopped all day!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs  
Jump to: