Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:48:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: 1.01 Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.01 Discussion  (Read 57038 times)
schild
Administrator

on: October 02, 2008, 02:34:27 AM

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=338

Warriors of Order and Destruction,

Welcome to the war-torn battlefields of the Age of Reckoning! My name is Destin Bales, and I'm the Live Producer for Warhammer Online. It's my job to ensure that we successfully make the transition from one of the smoothest launches in MMO history, to offering one of the most exhilarating and memorable gaming experiences you've ever had.

Now that WAR is living and breathing, we have players all across the globe battling it out in a relentless and brutal struggle to claim victory for their realms. Playing and improving Warhammer Online is a journey that we share with you, own with you, and drive forward together as a team. Our beta testers can attest to just how much we value your opinion, and you’ll see this reflected in all that we do, even within a small maintenance patch such as this.

In fact, we've already made a number of improvements since launch to ensure that your gameplay experience is even better. Since Warhammer Online went live, we've identified and fixed several client crash issues, knocked out reported bugs on numerous quests, added a feature that allows players to queue for same-tier scenarios in other racial pairings, and rooted out hordes of gold farmers in game. These are just a few of the hundreds of small but impactful fixes we've made daily over the past week and a half.

Our maintenance patch 1.01 contains enhancements and fixes that you have rightly identified and brought to the forefront of our attention. Target Nearest has been revamped, the pesky “Target Out of Range” bug has been squashed, we’ve fixed bugs with /ignore and your friends list, resolved an issue with disappearing pet windows on zoning - and more!

To all of the players who take the time to report issues and send feedback we'd like to say a big "Thank you!" and we hope you like the changes we're making to improve the game. Please keep it up!  We'll be depending on your input as we chart the course for the future of WAR.

After over three years in development, the Age of Reckoning has finally arrived. But if you think this is the end of the journey, think again, because this WAR is just getting started!

WAR is everywhere, and we couldn’t be more excited.
- Destin Bales, Live Producer

* Players no longer need to scroll down through the EUALA when logging into the game. The window now defaults to the bottom, and players need only check the Agreement box and click accept.

* The war against the gold sellers continues! We have made improvements to the Appeal system to allow players to report spam messages from gold sellers more quickly.

* TAB-targeting should now more consistently select the nearest enemy in the player's field of view.

* Corrected an issue that was preventing players from adding new friends to their friend list even while the number of existing friends was below the list's size limit.

* Fixed the issue that was causing players to sometimes get stuck in a particular animation state.

* Monsters which change velocity while moving in combat should no longer return “Target is Out of Range” sometimes when attacked by players.

* The /ignore command will now work more consistently.

* In response to player feedback, we have made improvements to player pet movement and behaviors.

* The Pet window should no longer disappear when its master is zoning or entering the game.

* We made many UI fixes including a new "autoloot" feature requested by many players.

* Guild cloaks will now display their heraldry properly.

* We have made several improvements to the chat window, and it should now be more intuitive to use and set up.  A number of chat window issues were resolved in the process. We are continuing to work on your requests about chat, with more improvements to come in the future.

Combat and Careers

Shaman

* The debuff from "Hurts, Don't It" will no longer stack with itself

Content

* We have identified a couple of serious bugs that trivialize the content in the Lost Vale dungeon. We have disabled the dungeon entrance while we investigate these issues. Thank you for your understanding as we work to improve your in game experience!

* The Public Quest "Wagon Defense" will no longer get stuck because of objectives spawning in trees.

* Fixed a bug in the "Wagon Defense" quest

* The quest “Killing Time” should now allow players to gain credit when killing enemy characters in the Stone Troll Crossing scenario.

* Lorcar Perrithan no longer offers the quest “Phoenix Gate”. Players can now obtain this quest from the Uthorin Warscout.

* The Gunbad instance lockouts will now be 30 minutes instead of 24 hours.

* Fixed an issue that was preventing Erikwuf Wrathbound from offering the "Good Will" quest.

* Some monsters have been identified that were dropping Destruction items for Order players. These monsters will now drop Order items for Order players.

* Fixed an issue with the spawning of burning bushes in the "Rewards for the Faitfhful" quest.

* Player pets have learned to behave themselves. They should now listen to their masters and stay focused while in combat with monsters, rather than dancing erratically. In addition, they should follow obediently at their masters’ side rather than spinning around.

* Monsters that are rooted in place will no longer appear to chase you if you flee from them, even though they are still rooted.

* Continued improvements have been made to client stability and performance.

* We have fixed an issue that was awarding an overly large experience bonus to players who killed many monsters in rapid succession (IE, several killing blows within a second or two of each other). This will largely only affect small groups that use AE abilities to kill off a very large number of monsters with a single ability activation.

* Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause roots to last longer than they should.

* The delay between sending multiple mails has been reduced from 20 seconds to 5 seconds.

White Lion

* Fixed an issue that was allowing players to use the "Pounce" ability without an enemy target. The ability now requires an enemy target to jump towards.

* A feature has been added to User Settings which allows players to auto loot corpses by default. Players can enable this feature by selecting the “always auto loot” option, under the game play section. Please note that holding shift while looting with the option enabled will cause you to loot normally. When the option is disabled, shift-loot will still auto loot all.

* Guild cloaks will now retain heraldry settings through zoning.

* Corrected an issue that was preventing players from adding new friends to their friend list even while below the list's size limit.

* Improvements to the behavior of TAB-targeting. This should now more accurately target the nearest enemy in the player's field of view.

* The /ignore command will now work more consistently.

* The Pet window should no longer disappear when zoning or entering the game.

* In some cases, the chat window would reset to default position upon logout. This should no longer occur.

* Resizing the chat window should no longer cause the chat window to reposition itself.

* The text entry button is now colored to match the color of the channel the player is currently defaulting to for text entry.

* Hitting enter no longer fades in the entire chat window, instead it just fades the text entry box.

* Changing resolutions should no longer cause the chat tab labels to disappear.

* If more chat tabs are created than the width of the chat window is able to display, then buttons allowing the player to scroll forward and backwards through the chat tabs will appear.

* When resizing the chat window, players will now get a resizing cursor.

* Left-clicking on the chat window now causes it to fade immediately.

* When dragging a chat tab off of the chat window players will now get a “phantom chat tab” until they release the mouse button, instead of creating and dragging the new tab immediately.

* When docking one chat window to another, an arrow indicator is now displayed on the chat tab listing which indicates where in the order of chat tabs the tab will now be placed.

* When creating a new tab, the properties of the new tab are cloned from the original tab chosen.  For example, using New Tab on the Combat tab menu creates a Combat(1) tab with all the same filters and font settings of the original Combat tab.

* Players will no longer be able to use the /petname command unless they have a White Lion out.

* New Cycle Enemy Target action added as a handier version of Target Next Enemy. This action is bound to Tab by default; existing characters will not have their keybindings changed, so if you would like to use this action instead of Target Next Enemy with your current character, you will need to change this keybind.

* Fixed an issue that was causing the health bar fade option to work incorrectly.

* We have re-skinned the Guild Registrar interaction window.

* Fixed an issue that was causing the health bar fade option to work incorrectly.

* Many parts of the UI have been modified to fit localized text properly:

- Quest Titles in the Quest Dialog window

- Zone Names in the Zone Loading screen

- The Title Bar in the Open Parties and Warband’s window

- Tactic Names in the Guild Tactics store window

- Zone Names in the Guild Roster tab of the Guild window

- Permission Text in the Admin tab of the Guild window

- Alliance Information in the Alliance tab of the Guild window

- Requirement (Blue) Ability Tooltip text

* Fixed an issue with chat text in localized versions of the game.

Can't complain, not enough nerfs or buffs though. Also, click the link, it quoted crappily.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:38:25 AM

Spoilers:
Nothing about DoKs or Black Orcs.
Nothing about Alliances.
Nothing about Warband windows.
Nothing about distances in destruction from murderballs.
Order will never get the murderball first ever again. Though, I wonder if /target <playername> would allow a white lion to target someone from across the arena)
Nothing about balance at all really. Shame.
Nothing about crashes or client speed.
Nothing about memory leak.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 04:15:57 AM

* TAB-targeting should now more consistently select the nearest enemy in the player's field of view.

If they do get it better that will be absolutely fantatastic

* We made many UI fixes including a new "autoloot" feature requested by many players.

hard to give thanks for giving a pretty basic feature that should have been in at the start, but yay!

* The delay between sending multiple mails has been reduced from 20 seconds to 5 seconds.

A truely horrible stupid idea to punish 99% of the people using mail as intended to stop some in game mail spam.  Fix up the mail server too, its so slow opening and receiving items its still going to be frustrating as hell even without the 20 second delay on sending.  Same with the AH

Quote from: schild
Nothing about crashes or client speed.

* Continued improvements have been made to client stability and performance.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 05:00:35 AM

Spoilers:

Nothing about Iron Breakers or Bright Wizards, either!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 05:49:31 AM

DoK's I don't really know much, but Black orc exploiting Da Toughest is getting old. It should've been fixed already by now.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 06:05:53 AM

DoK's I don't really know much, but Black orc exploiting Da Toughest is getting old. It should've been fixed already by now.

Wait, I'm playing a black orc. What's the exploit beyond 25% proc might be a tad too much?
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 06:21:19 AM

Looks good BUT.........

Alliances still don't work. You can only have 2 guilds in them. Coordinating multiple guilds via /tell officer 1,2,3 is bad.

Renown gear in T3 is terrible and gear stats don't make sense on many items. In T3 you are forced to grind PQ's or quest chains to get "so-so" gear. Mount Gunbad gives decent stuff, but its tough to get in there efficiently due to all the mobs being champions.

T3 EXP is still out of balance. Mobs give low exp, quests give low exp payout, scenario kill quests give low exp rewards.  Things supposedly pick up in T4, but for some reason T3 seems to be a major grind.

Scenarios (MT in T2, and Tor Anroc in T3) are popular for a reason. You can complete both of them in under 15 minutes, and the other scenarios force you to play the entire time. If they want other scenarios to be more popular, there needs to be something put in there to help create a victory sooner.

Keep Claiming/Upkeep isn't worth the cost. It was costing us 6 gold an hour to maintain a keep once we claimed it. Honestly, Keeps don't seem to be beneficial enough for us to pay that kind of gold at this point in time. If keep claiming was 1-6 G per day, then yeah that's more acceptable.

I like Warhammer, but T3 is making me want to go watch T.V. with my wife instead of play. Its that way because exp rewards are low, renown gear is terribad compared to PVE gear, and the PVE gear is very time consuming to get when I'll just need to upgrade in T4 anyway.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Wershlak
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 06:23:16 AM

I played a black orc up to level 6 or so. Da Toughest tooltip said it would increase max hitpoints and heal by 12 when it procced. However, in game it was increasing max hitpoints and healing for 120. Maybe the tooltip is wrong but I doubt it.

I don't expect players to not use the ability if it is bugged and I wouldn't think black orc players are cheating somehow as some people seem to suggest.
Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 06:24:04 AM

Quote from: schild on Today at 03:38:25 AMSpoilers:

Nothing about Iron Breakers or Bright Wizards, either!

ssssshhhhhh!  These are not the Iron Breakers you are looking for...
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 06:41:10 AM

bad IBs really make the class look piss poor, but fighting alongside/against GOOD Ironbreakerss really make me respect the class as a whole. Compare that to the High Elf Swordmaster who are just minor annoyances, the Ironbreaker is the hard hitting tank that can't be ignored. Swordmaster does not have many 'activate on demand' abilties hence they're at a disadvantage.Tier unlocks from one attack to another means they can never open their attack with a knockback or a snare or a hard hit like Chosen's Tooth of Tzeentch, the king of train assist skill. This is my issue with the class as a whole hence I decided to respec him into a 'passive' offense types that are hard to kill instead of going two hander path that forces me to circle strafe like a nut to chain 3 hits in before the target warp past me.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 06:58:52 AM

Very little in the way of balance changes, mostly an overall update for the client interactions and player experience.

As for t3 leveling: I've been taking time off my WP due to this. I'm now in T4 quest wise in all three pairings, can't even see the influence rewards I'd be working towards due to level, at 28.8 or so. I just.. I don't wanna grind anymore PQs, and pvp is fucking frustrating at the best of times due to the class issues.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 07:34:44 AM

I like Warhammer, but T3 is making me want to go watch T.V. with my wife instead of play. Its that way because exp rewards are low, renown gear is terribad compared to PVE gear, and the PVE gear is very time consuming to get when I'll just need to upgrade in T4 anyway.

I asked this before and got accused of trolling, but did they ever end up lifting that elder server NDA?

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 07:51:01 AM

Seems more like a victory lap than a patch.  You guys didn't win the race.  You started without your tires falling off and your engine lighting on fire.  Now the race is starting.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:23:47 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 08:36:23 AM

I asked this before and got accused of trolling, but did they ever end up lifting that elder server NDA?

There is nothing to NDA. The elder server does not exist anymore, forums closed, everything's gone. Beta over, NDA was for the beta.

What exactly are you after?
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 08:43:35 AM

There is nothing to NDA. The elder server does not exist anymore, forums closed, everything's gone. Beta over, NDA was for the beta.

I mean prior to launch.  Before launch did they lift the NDA that would have allowed people to talk about t3 and above experiences or is this another Tortage?  Because from here it looks like the parts of the game they allowed people to see prior to launch were "good" and so far everything else sucks, is grindy (sounds even more "grindy" than AoC) and is a big bait and switch, mostly untested and clearly unbalanced at that.

The point of course being that there were many a days where I saw nothing but page after page of the stupid tin foil hat emoticon for daring to suggest that there was a reason the elder server NDA wasn't lifted.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 09:02:41 AM

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but "from here" for you is solely on what you read on message boards?
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 09:04:56 AM

Edit:  Being too mean to Cevik.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 09:30:20 AM by amiable »
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 09:06:36 AM

I see what Cevik is getting at now. I'm not convinced that they wanted to stop people from stating their opinion on the later parts of the game lest it might ruin their launch. While they may have had a few more unpleasant things written by dissatisfied former 'elders' I doubt it would have a huge impact on first month sales. Fact is, like most MMORPGs, they didn't write enough content (quests and zones in particular) in time for their launch and were unable to delay it for longer than they did. It took WoW years to fill some of the gaps (particularly Horde-side) where the game was too grindy, hopefully Mythic will be a bit quicker. The fact that you can go and kill players in scenarios to level up (albeit slowly) more than makes up for a lack of kill foozles and fedex quests as far as I'm concerned.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 09:08:36 AM

I mean prior to launch.  Before launch did they lift the NDA that would have allowed people to talk about t3 and above experiences or is this another Tortage?  Because from here it looks like the parts of the game they allowed people to see prior to launch were "good" and so far everything else sucks, is grindy (sounds even more "grindy" than AoC) and is a big bait and switch, mostly untested and clearly unbalanced at that.

The point of course being that there were many a days where I saw nothing but page after page of the stupid tin foil hat emoticon for daring to suggest that there was a reason the elder server NDA wasn't lifted.

I cannot and will not say anything about the Elder stuff. BUT, the grind and such from Tier 3 is solely the result of the XP nerf at the end of OB. Mythic is not hiding a lack of content, they simply nerfed XP to much.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 10:22:11 AM

The Elder Server NDA had nothing to do with T3 or T4. Both could be discussed.

What was forbidden: Dungeon Content, City Raids, City Lord Raids, and the functional testing of the T4 "realm war" front lines concept.

Everything else was on the normal beta servers at any point, and fair game.

Riggs is correct, the reason T3 is fucked is the sudden xp change altered the curve and created an accidental dead zone. Additionally (IMO), there were too many "start with a fresh level X and play" phases and not enough "test the fucking leveling curve and how it actually plays out"
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 10:40:27 AM

So then I take it the answer is "no, they never did lift the NDA?"

Thanks.

Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 11:01:04 AM

So then I take it the answer to my question is "no, I'm just being a backseat dick in a thread discussing details of a patch for a game I don't play".

Cevik, I guarantee you I have infinitely more reasons to be pissy at Mythic than you do (hint: I got exactly two things from the EA buyout, and one of them was "jack") and I'm willing to judge the game itself on its merits.

You know, "game"? Thing which is "fun"? Thing which "occupies leisure time" that you don't "whine about in spams of nerd rage for months"?

Of course, I thought I got my money's worth from Age of Conan, too. I played it for a couple months, it stopped being fun, I stopped playing. You don't see me on Age of Conan threads gassing them up with "Did they ever fix necromancer pets to not suck? What? Months of development I'm not familiar with because I just act like a raging dick on message boards? Oh, I'll just ignore that." Mainly because, apparently unlike you, I'm not a raging cockmonster who sees message boards as one of the few ways to reinforce my flagging masculinity.

You don't like Warhammer and won't play it. Yay for Cevik! That takes a grand total of one (one) (if you're counting, it's the number before "two") (and after "zero") (and well before "three") (and infinitely less than "the number of posts Cevik makes trolling Warhammer threads") post to let your large cadre of fans know.

tl;dr version: Elf tits or gtfo.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 11:03:07 AM

there were too many "start with a fresh level X and play" phases and not enough "test the fucking leveling curve and how it actually plays out"

This!

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 11:07:14 AM

You know, "game"? Thing which is "fun"? Thing which "occupies leisure time" that you don't "whine about in spams of nerd rage for months"?

Why does everyone assume that if you don't like a shitty game it's because you hate the company behind the game?

I have no hatred of Mythic.

And here are the elf tits you asked for:

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 11:07:43 AM

So then I take it the answer to my question is "no, I'm just being a backseat dick in a thread discussing details of a patch for a game I don't play".

Cevik, I guarantee you I have infinitely more reasons to be pissy at Mythic than you do (hint: I got exactly two things from the EA buyout, and one of them was "jack") and I'm willing to judge the game itself on its merits.

Of course, I thought I got my money's worth from Age of Conan, too. I played it for a couple months, it stopped being fun, I stopped playing. You don't see me on Age of Conan threads gassing them up with "Did they ever fix necromancer pets to not suck? What? Months of development I'm not familiar with because I just act like a raging dick on message boards? Oh, I'll just ignore that." Mainly because, apparently unlike you, I'm not a raging cockmonster who sees message boards as one of the few ways to reinforce my flagging masculinity.

You don't like Warhammer and won't play it. Yay for Cevik! That takes a grand total of one (one) (if you're counting, it's the number before "two") (and after "zero") (and well before "three") (and infinitely less than "the number of posts Cevik makes trolling Warhammer threads") post to let your large cadre of fans know.

tl;dr version: Elf tits or gtfo.

I love you.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 11:10:24 AM

Why does everyone assume that if you don't like a shitty game it's because you hate the company behind the game?

I am not even trying to analyze WHY you are gassing up Warhammer threads. Did the Germans analyze why the Poles invaded Hungary? NO THEY DID NOT, BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE. I am simply reacting to the WHAT. I shall leave the WHY to your analyst and/or parole officer.

However, in your defense, you did deliver on elf cleavage. Although it's for a different game.
schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 11:11:51 AM

Also, there was no cleavage.

Only bone and malnutrition.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 11:12:19 AM

The elder NDA was lifted, I thought I had been clear on that by saying the elder server is completely gone, thus it can't exactly have an NDA, now can it. How can I help you with discussion on:

Dungeons, City Raids, City Lord Raids, and Realm War?

edit: Let's be absolutely clear here cevik: You're asking a random question. When it's clarified YOU HAVE NO FOLLOWUP RELEVANT QUESTION.

That's trolling. You don't have a fucking point, or you feel it's beneath you to actually make it. If you have a question, I'd be HAPPY to answer it, since I've been in the beta since it was 18 people online at peak (yay being friends with old higher ups), and can answer anything on any phase of the testing at this point.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:14:36 AM by kildorn »
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 11:14:18 AM

I am not even trying to analyze WHY you are gassing up Warhammer threads. Did the Germans analyze why the Poles invaded Hungary? NO THEY DID NOT, BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE. I am simply reacting to the WHAT. I shall leave the WHY to your analyst and/or parole officer.

However, in your defense, you did deliver on elf cleavage. Although it's for a different game.

And the "what" is, the game is crappy, I said the game was crappy, I got lots of pictures of people in tin foil hats.  I said "I'll come back in a month".  Now that people are realizing the game is crappy here I am to point it out.

Ta da!

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 11:15:04 AM

And the "what" is, the game is crappy, I said the game was crappy, I got lots of pictures of people in tin foil hats.  I said "I'll come back in a month".  Now that people are realizing the game is crappy here I am to point it out.

Ta da!

People are realizing that the game is crappy?

Shit, let me start a thread on this.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 11:18:57 AM

And the "what" is, the game is crappy, I said the game was crappy, I got lots of pictures of people in tin foil hats.  I said "I'll come back in a month".  Now that people are realizing the game is crappy here I am to point it out.

Ta da!

Well, except for the game not being crappy, it not having been a month, and there not being this overwhelming pent up demand for your declamations on the game's crappiness in completely unrelated threads, sure, I see your point!
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 11:21:58 AM

People are realizing that the game is crappy?

30 seconds worth of cut and pasting:

Few more nights of not hitting flag runners and im out of here.  I hear aoc has fixed a lot of their problems and they already had a fun game to begin with.

I would imagine that they have until early November to get some of this stuff fixed. I cant think why November though...

You all know that I've been a fan of DAoC for 6 years.  I want this game to succeed.  I want it desperately.

Unless they slam the door on lag exploits, the people that have come to the game for accessible pvp will leave in droves.  I will be holding the door for them.

The targetting bug in melee is extremely annoying, especially if other targets are pounding on you. I had one point where one mob bugged while another shot me in the back, then i dragged that bugged mob to the mob shooting me, and that one bugged. Finally, I had them both unbugged, very little health, and somehow managed to beat them both up with about 100 health left.

Then a spider came out of nowhere, and bit me in the ass. I died, and the game crashed. If there was a queue, I might have cancelled right there.

I was on my BlackOrc as well, and noticed it on the range mobs too. It seemed to happen more when I moved up to them, and then tried to dmg-pull them back a bit (to try to avoid some bof/range aggro from friends.) I was pretty much unable to do that and once I moved further back out of range, the mob "warped back" to their starting position.

It looked to me like I was pulling them back, and my client was obliging, but (Little Britain voice) "the server said no." Perhaps there's some npc in-combat movement/location bugs?

Verra annoying.

I did some window dragging tests (outside of pvp, in a pve camp) and I was walking up damn near vertical inclines.  Without the dragging, I'd just be stuck at the bottom running in place.

For a PvP centric game, some of this shit needs some quick attention.

Stuff like the client forgetting there is a keep, and thus being able to walk/target through walls doesn't fill me with confidence in mythic's client skills.

Tier 3 isn't a social call, it's a long hard walk through mud and poorly designed scenarios and content.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 11:24:43 AM

So... that's summed up as 90% "man, lag issues suck in this engine", and 10% "Fixed this morning"?
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 11:25:36 AM

Holy crap, you're right! None of us are really enjoying the game and should cancel immediately!
schild
Administrator

Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 11:27:04 AM

Cevik, you really are an insufferable dickhead.

Also, you lack reading skills. Not Word One there was about the game being, as you so put it "crappy."

Go grind some purples in WoW.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: 1.01 Discussion  
Jump to: