Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:11:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: 1.01 Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.01 Discussion  (Read 57432 times)
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 11:27:17 AM

So... that's summed up as 90% "man, lag issues suck in this engine", and 10% "Fixed this morning"?

So now we agree it sucks, but for some reason we're supposed to ignore the sucky parts?

That worked well for AoC.  I think that's a good path for Mythic to follow too, surely it will end with money hats.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 11:28:26 AM

No one has said it sucks. Stop being a douchebag.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 11:30:03 AM

Well, since this is a thread about today's 1.01 patch, maybe the patch suddenly made the game suck.

I hope not, I was enjoying sniping people with my Pew Pew Archer!
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 11:31:33 AM

No point in talking to him. He can now only see WoW, Burning Region, and the Den of Iniquity.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 11:32:00 AM

He had one post in there saying he'd quit if the lag issues weren't fixed, give him credit.

Because at the FCC, we know that 1 message board complaint equals eight BILLION people.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 11:42:47 AM

No point in talking to him. He can now only see WoW, Burning Region, and the Den of Iniquity.
rofl
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 11:44:34 AM

So being reported around is that 1.01 made one major change, and I have to say "what the SHIT, mythic?"

Apparently AE grinding mobs gives an experience penalty now.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 11:47:03 AM

Gives an experience penalty, or fixes the thing where killing several simultaneously sent your 'killing spree' bonus sky high?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 11:49:44 AM

Supposed to be the latter, the screenshot I linked you has a new message though, with an XP reduction for overkill

No idea what number of deaths in the same 2 seconds triggers it though.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 11:53:04 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the overkill thing is how they're offsetting the killing spree issue, it sounds like an easier (if kludgier) fix code-wise.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 12:15:00 PM

Well, since this is a thread about today's 1.01 patch, maybe the patch suddenly made the game suck.

I hope not, I was enjoying sniping people with my Pew Pew Archer!

Dont worry Lum, he is just mad that he was on the "defend AoC" side of this argument, now he is taking the other side and frantically trying to prove he is right.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 12:16:26 PM

Rumor has it that the new Pounce is hilariously good.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 12:16:55 PM

Shadowstep-across-5-zones good?

schild
Administrator

Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 12:32:53 PM

White Lions need something hilariously good. Right now they're totally wonk.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 02, 2008, 12:35:49 PM

Shadowstep-across-5-zones good?

No Cooldown Spammable PBAE good.

No minimum range, no cooldown, 40 AP. It's not used as Charge anymore, it's now "leap into caster group and spam like you're a fucking sorc" <3
schild
Administrator

Reply #50 on: October 02, 2008, 12:36:32 PM

In other words, it went from crap to semi-useful.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 12:37:00 PM

Sooo...Witch Hunters are now second class Melee DPS to White Lions? While being inferior already to the Destruction MDPS?

Great.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
schild
Administrator

Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 12:37:33 PM

No, this doesn't make white lions much better at melee dps. I'm sure a witch hunter or witch elf could still wreck their day (if the former could fight them that is).
schild
Administrator

Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 01:05:14 PM

The pounce now has a 65 foot range. Can we say "respec?"
HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 01:13:03 PM

Anyone can confirm this?

It seems the stutters was much reduced after the patch. Then I noticed that specular lights (the shine on the terrain and metal equipment) don't work anymore for me.

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 02, 2008, 03:14:41 PM

This patch broke my mods, I am so canceling my WoW sub. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the changes. Also, Cevik goes to Coventry is awesome.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #56 on: October 02, 2008, 03:46:10 PM

I'm not spec'd to try the new pounce, so I can't report on that. But I played my 27 WL a bit to try things today and have some thoughts:

Pet control bar now despawns for me pretty consistently on zoning, and more often in just walking about. It occasionally comes back as well. When this happens, the pet tends to disappear, but manually sending him to attack a target makes him reappear, run off in a random direction then stand still. The mob takes damage, I can approach and attack it. But the pet health bar won't update, so unless I spam the crappy pet heal, the pet eventually falls over.

The pet will occasionally run off and attack things in the far distance if it's in defense mode instead of passive.

The pet does less damage than prepatch in any of the 3 stances. It seems to hold aggro better in taunt mode.

Low level crap mobs which ignore me, attack the pet. (Was wandering through the Chaos half of Troll Country looking around)

The +50% pet speed tactic no longer seems to function, but it could be the client is simply not updating the pet position. I only use it in RvR, and usually I'm just using the pet for it's occasional 40% snare and to panic the sorc/shaman/zealot.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 02, 2008, 04:02:53 PM

I had my White Lion shelved until they fixed the pet pathing stuff, and I'd hoped this patch would be it.  I logged in, attacked a mob, and told my cat to assist.  Lion did nothing, as far as I could see.  After the mob died, the Lion stood there and wouldn't follow me.  I went back to town and logged off.

Sigh.

Also, the "no scrolling through the EULA" thing doesn't seem to work for me.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #58 on: October 02, 2008, 06:45:56 PM

So then I take it the answer is "no, they never did lift the NDA?"

Thanks.

I'm fully aware Cevik is trolling.

However, I think the issue of "don't talk about the elder content NDA" worked well for Mythic because it apparently stopped a lot of talk about how, like AoC, the later game content needed a lot of work (although Mythic does appear to have delivered on their main promises, which Funcom didn't).

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 02, 2008, 08:06:50 PM

So then I take it the answer is "no, they never did lift the NDA?"

Thanks.

I'm fully aware Cevik is trolling.

However, I think the issue of "don't talk about the elder content NDA" worked well for Mythic because it apparently stopped a lot of talk about how, like AoC, the later game content needed a lot of work (although Mythic does appear to have delivered on their main promises, which Funcom didn't).

It apparently confused people, I'll say that. T3/T4 content wasn't covered by it, despite what Cevik seems to think.

schild
Administrator

Reply #60 on: October 02, 2008, 08:10:47 PM

my world.myp won't patch or check out

can't play game

har
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 02, 2008, 08:22:27 PM

I had my White Lion shelved until they fixed the pet pathing stuff, and I'd hoped this patch would be it.  I logged in, attacked a mob, and told my cat to assist.  Lion did nothing, as far as I could see.  After the mob died, the Lion stood there and wouldn't follow me.  I went back to town and logged off.

Sigh.

The EULA is wrongly described. It doesn't start at the bottom, it just allows you to check the box and click accept without scrolling.

As for pet pathing: jesus christ it seems WORSE now.I can't get it to follow me reliably after engaging in combat, I can't get it to recall if someone starts kiting it to despawn range, after all targets are dead it either goes on some blood quest towards the destruction spawn point or stands there staring at a corpse.

Good lord, it's horrible.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #62 on: October 02, 2008, 08:52:44 PM

THIS ONE'S MINE

God Save the Horn Players
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #63 on: October 02, 2008, 09:23:29 PM

Sigh.

The EULA is wrongly described. It doesn't start at the bottom, it just allows you to check the box and click accept without scrolling.

As for pet pathing: jesus christ it seems WORSE now.I can't get it to follow me reliably after engaging in combat, I can't get it to recall if someone starts kiting it to despawn range, after all targets are dead it either goes on some blood quest towards the destruction spawn point or stands there staring at a corpse.

Good lord, it's horrible.

See? It's because it's a cat. They should have made it a dog.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 02, 2008, 09:24:44 PM

I had some weird problems joining scenarios tonight that seemed like a new bug.

Still seeing weird mob pathing. Also, if mobs are going to flee, but they don't aggro nearby mobs when they do, what's the point of fleeing? You just wait for them to come back, ho-hum.

I'm leaning towards thinking that somebody's found an exploit that makes their characters untargetable. I saw that happen three times tonight with the same ironbreaker in Phoenix Gate when he was carrying the flag--sudden warp forward and "untargetable" message.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #65 on: October 02, 2008, 09:47:02 PM

And here are the elf tits you asked for:

The biggest tit in that picture appeared to be on his cell phone.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 02, 2008, 10:16:46 PM

I was in a scenario and when an engineer turret died it said "i have failed the goddess"

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #67 on: October 02, 2008, 10:59:57 PM

screenshot or it never happened  awesome, for real

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #68 on: October 02, 2008, 11:06:35 PM

The new build keeps moving my chat windows every time I re-log. Annoying.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
schild
Administrator

Reply #69 on: October 03, 2008, 02:11:24 AM

The new build keeps moving my chat windows every time I re-log. Annoying.

The old build did that for me. The new one doesn't.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: 1.01 Discussion  
Jump to: