Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:08:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fringe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fringe  (Read 96523 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #140 on: May 15, 2009, 06:22:39 AM

We still don't know who the Observer(s) is (are). Are they like the Watcher in Marvel Comics, just cosmic entities that can only observe and not act? Are they cosmic balancers trying to keep the two universes from destroying each other? I get the feeling we'll have a bit of explanation in the first episode of the season followed by a number of "monster of the week" episodes.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #141 on: August 31, 2009, 08:48:19 AM

Fox is juicing its repeats of the TV series Fringe with a new Twitter twist. The network will introduce this week "tweet-peats" -- an on-screen scroll of Twitter messages from cast and producers that will appear during the episodes.

Fox has come up with a new way to get viewers hooked into watching repeats of two episodes of the TV show Fringe. On Thursday at 9 p.m., the penultimate episode of Fringe will be accompanied by Twitter commentary from two of the show's cast and producers.

During the episode, a scroll bar at the bottom of the screen will provide insight from cast members Josh Jackson and John Noble and producers Jeff Pinker and J.H. Wyman. Dubbed "tweet-peats," the Twitter messages will also be available online and viewers can participate and ask questions.

The "tweet-peat" re-run of Fringe is followed by the pilot of the show Glee, which will also get the insight via Twitter messages from cast members. The Glee pilot, a repeat that previewed in May, is aired on Friday at 9 p.m.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #142 on: August 31, 2009, 09:03:05 AM

Glee and Fringe?

"Me am play gods"
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #143 on: September 17, 2009, 10:16:46 AM

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #144 on: September 17, 2009, 10:31:18 AM

Tonight.

"Me am play gods"
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #145 on: September 17, 2009, 01:23:07 PM

Ready and waiting!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: September 18, 2009, 12:31:05 PM

Surely not earth-shaking, but overall it was a very good season-opener. I didn't have many expectations regarding an immediate reveal  about the "other side" Olivia ended in at the end of last season. Guess we'll have to be patient about that.

Not sure about the new female cop, but she's hot and that's enough for me, at the moment :P

Highlight of the episode: Asterix Astrid making Custard and listen carefully to Walter while looking at the open intestines of the dead guy like nothing out of the ordinary is happening :D

Another great scene was the typewriter one, pretty freaky  awesome, for real

Charlie   ACK!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #147 on: September 18, 2009, 12:40:58 PM

Not that great.  Kinda undoing the advancement made at the end of last season.  Shape shifting super soldiers?  You mean just like X-Files.

"Me am play gods"
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: September 18, 2009, 12:48:35 PM

Not that great.  Kinda undoing the advancement made at the end of last season.  Shape shifting super soldiers?  You mean just like X-Files.

I always disliked X-Files (watched just a handful of episodes) but I read that in yesterday episode there were a couple of evident references to Carter's show, like an episode of X-Files running on the TV during a scene, and when Broyles is in front of the Washington committee, and they refer to an old "X" unit and their parascientific investigations

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #149 on: September 25, 2009, 11:35:47 PM

Didn't think they filmed in Canada. Neat.
Boedha
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: September 26, 2009, 02:00:07 PM

About that Charlie thing in the first episode of this season: It doesn't make sense right?

I'm mean Charlie ends up with the shape shifter in a room, the shifter take his form and hides charlies body. But then where does the nurses body come from?
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: September 26, 2009, 04:08:51 PM

I'm mean Charlie ends up with the shape shifter in a room, the shifter take his form and hides charlies body. But then where does the nurses body come from?

You mean where the shapeshifter got the form?

32 minutes in the shapeshifter walks up to the hospital and pulls the body stealing device out of his pocket.  It cuts to a shot of the nurse standing next to a door by a dark hallway drinking coffee.  She turns around and finds the shapeshifter behind her.  Cut to shot of new-copy-lady and Peter talking in car. Ohhhhh, I see.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Boedha
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: September 27, 2009, 04:38:09 AM

Yeah duh!

But it's a bit too convenient for me, and how did the nurse's body end up with the bulletholes? I don't know, for some reason it irks my suspension of disbelief.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: September 27, 2009, 05:20:14 AM

What irked me was how fast he did everything after shots were fired and the others raced to the scene. 

Last week's episode was much better.  It was a monster of the week granted, but it was intriguing and suspenseful.

This show is such an X-Files clone, but at least they had the grace to refer to XF and sort of admit it. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: February 04, 2010, 07:09:02 PM

Great episode for the winter break.  Really one of their all time best as Olivia's specialness is more detailed.  Episode packed an emotional punch that took me by surprise. 

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #155 on: February 08, 2010, 07:43:05 AM

Loved the last episode, but goddamnit... APRIL? The fuck?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: February 08, 2010, 09:16:23 AM

What irked me was how fast he did everything after shots were fired and the others raced to the scene. 

Last week's episode was much better.  It was a monster of the week granted, but it was intriguing and suspenseful.

This show is such an X-Files clone, but at least they had the grace to refer to XF and sort of admit it. 

Yeah, its neat, the x-files exist in the fringe world, been referenced a few times.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #157 on: February 08, 2010, 11:31:15 AM

Damn it there is too much stuff on Thursday night.

"Me am play gods"
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #158 on: April 02, 2010, 08:59:22 AM

It was awesome seeing the exact moment when Walter became a mad scientist.

"Me am play gods"
Lianka
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: April 02, 2010, 07:30:42 PM

I loved the 80'sish version of the opening!  Font and music!

Also - Back to the Future starring Eric Stoltz. :)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #160 on: April 03, 2010, 12:31:07 AM

Yeah, the retro episode was fucking awesome, especially the opening. Was the blond scientist he argued with the one who died in the lab experiment that drove him nuts?

Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #161 on: April 29, 2010, 07:22:17 PM

ACK!
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: April 29, 2010, 08:09:33 PM

Guessing that's in response to the last episode?

If so, I'm kinda excited and kinda scared (since I haven't watched it yet)
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: April 30, 2010, 03:31:17 AM

Never go full retard.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: April 30, 2010, 10:19:31 PM

Well, at least it wasn't a clip show.

Edit: I think I'm actually going to watch it again. I just got done watching it on Hulu and being that I'm working on a bit of a good old drunk right now, I honestly don't know what to make of it. I didn't hate it, but I don't quite know what to make of it. Goddamn Old Crow was caw'ing in my ear the entire time.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 10:23:29 PM by raydeen »

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #165 on: May 02, 2010, 08:58:43 PM

No, it was pretty much shit. Except for an interesting bit that bookended the show, everything in between would have been better as a clip show than this shit. It felt like someone really was forced to add musical aspects to go along with this Glee week shit, they hated it and their hatred ejaculated all over the screen and my face. It was fucking awful.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: May 03, 2010, 07:38:02 PM

No, it was pretty much shit. Except for an interesting bit that bookended the show, everything in between would have been better as a clip show than this shit. It felt like someone really was forced to add musical aspects to go along with this Glee week shit, they hated it and their hatred ejaculated all over the screen and my face. It was fucking awful.

I don't know. Watching Walter toking to Yes and then singing Tears for Fears was pretty goddamn awesome in my book.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #167 on: May 03, 2010, 09:17:43 PM

When Walter started singing "Head Over Heels," I had the exact same expression on my face as Astrid and the Kid.  ACK! It was just so WTF AM I WATCHING?

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: May 03, 2010, 09:36:52 PM

I don't know. I dug it. I mean, if you had to imagine Walter singing the most unlikely song in the universe that Walter would ever sing, that would probably be it. Least he had good taste in music. But then I'm partial to damn near anything 80's.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #169 on: May 03, 2010, 10:13:25 PM

Ya, it was fine. I guess. I still need my Fringe fix, because even if it wasn't the incarnation of the Antichrist, it wasn't Fringe.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: May 04, 2010, 05:20:26 AM

I liked it.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: May 04, 2010, 12:51:44 PM

Walter in full drugged up mode trying to tell stories to a little girl. That was full of  ACK! and some  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS the singing corpses and the cow with multi colored spots almost had me spew my drink out my nose when I saw them.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: May 06, 2010, 07:02:12 PM

Heh I knew it!  Also can't believe Peter carried a whole episode, an episode that rocked.

Preview looks  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS as well.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: May 07, 2010, 05:30:46 AM

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: May 10, 2010, 09:38:20 AM

Awesome episode indeed.

And is it just me, are am I seeing Martha Plimpton from the goonies in more and more shows lately?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fringe  
Jump to: