Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:34:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Why aren't you playing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why aren't you playing?  (Read 59487 times)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #175 on: July 09, 2008, 10:33:43 AM

My head is currently spinning at the trifecta of "active DDO guild"(astonished), "when DDO was slow"(unaware of a second option) and "DDO where the combat is faster and more involved"(baffled).

Spinning.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: July 09, 2008, 03:29:32 PM

not after coming from DDO where the combat is faster and more involved.

I quit the internet.

kin I have ur stuff?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: July 09, 2008, 09:17:49 PM

My head is currently spinning at the trifecta of "active DDO guild"(astonished), "when DDO was slow"(unaware of a second option) and "DDO where the combat is faster and more involved"(baffled).

Spinning.

Must have not played the game.. been playing it since beta.  The server merges a year ago really cleared up the population problems, and I'm on a pretty active server.

If you think that AOC's combat is good.. you must be crazy.  How is it different then WoW's.. oh ya instead of getting one attack off 1 button, you have to hit 4. 

The combat is faster in DDO then AoC.  Sounds like you all couldn't make it off the newbie isle.

DDO has pretty much caused me to hate games like WoW, LOTRO, and AoC.  It's definitely more innovative then all the WoW clones out that keep coming out.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #178 on: July 09, 2008, 11:22:28 PM

DDO has a very active combat system with a 'live blade' attack, iirc.

Pity the single player game gets dull so quickly.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: July 10, 2008, 12:16:37 AM

DDO has a very active combat system with a 'live blade' attack, iirc.

Pity the single player game gets dull so quickly.

Cuz it's not a single player friendly game, it's a group game  ;)
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: July 11, 2008, 09:07:36 AM

Alright fine, link us to a youtube video showcasing how fast and awesome DDO combat is.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #181 on: July 11, 2008, 09:17:28 AM

I would like to see what the subscriptions look like after the 20th of this month. How much of a drop do you guys think will happen? Personally I am thinking 10 to 15%.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #182 on: July 11, 2008, 05:35:44 PM

I would like to see what the subscriptions look like after the 20th of this month. How much of a drop do you guys think will happen? Personally I am thinking 10 to 15%.

80%. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #183 on: July 11, 2008, 07:58:11 PM

1. No Mac client. See Blizzard for a company that gets this, and no coincidence is also at the top.
I'd say it is largely a coincidence, otherwise one could expect other companies which bother to cater to Mac gamers enjoy similar return of investment and be at the top as well... and it doesn't seem to be universally the case?

From Apple's page on games, these are MMOs with Mac client atm: Dofus, WoW, EVE, Toontown, Pirates of the Carribean, Tale in the Desert 3, Second Life, Lineage, Everquest, Vendetta Online, Shadowbane.
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: July 16, 2008, 11:08:42 AM

Well, I was having fun but lately I went through a run of bugs that gave me Anarchy Online flashbacks so I canceled and will now give it time to improve or I'll move on to other games.
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: July 17, 2008, 12:25:08 AM

25-40%

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
PandaSilvia
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: August 08, 2008, 06:12:30 PM

Is anyone going to be left when I get around to actually playing this game?

Tantrum

Yes, the lvl 80 addicts that wait to gank people like you :P and possibly a couple other late-bloomers to AoC...

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: August 21, 2008, 10:44:54 PM

I logged in for the first time in close to a month and (predictably) Bat Country was empty, the latest someone else had logged in was 10 days ago.  I checked out my character on the oceanic server and found myself guildless, looks like the guildleaders of that guild had quit and the few remaining people did a springclean.  there are 8 people left in that guild which had close to 40 I think before I stopped playing.

Running around for a few hours doing some quests there was no chat in the general/global channels and I think I saw only 5 other people.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Why aren't you playing?  
Jump to: