Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:44:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  (Read 125351 times)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 05:47:01 AM

1)  Can't resize anything but the chat box.
2)  Lack of overall documentation
3)  Not enough time in the day to play it
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #36 on: May 19, 2008, 06:31:03 AM

You can resize the map.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 06:44:35 AM

/ not going straight to chat is annoying I forget everytime I go to camp.

Pets don't get aggro if you send them out to attack first, maybe its intended but it does go against expectations.

Do not Play that class like its a warlock. Its not. And in this game, that weapon in your had IS NOT WORTHLESS, stab some people.

You also do get one skill (frenzy)  that gives a pet a small time frame of extra arrgo. But its a tactical skill, not a CC per say.

Can't add more hotbars from what I can see (I am crazy for the hotbars)

Two on the right side of the screen, hove your abilitys in the abilitys window, and look.

Also, with everything closed, try pressing and holding ALT.
supper secret secondary quick bar while pressed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 06:51:48 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 06:47:45 AM

You can resize the map.

All I could do was zoom in and out.  You can click/drag the edges to make the map bigger?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 06:48:45 AM

You can resize the map.

All I could do was zoom in and out.  You can click/drag the edges to make the map bigger?

Corner.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 07:03:36 AM

Hrm.  I'll have to try it again.  Thanks.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 07:39:11 AM

I finished a quest but lost my quest rewards because there wasn't enough room in my inventory.  That probably shouldn't happen.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 07:40:16 AM

I finished a quest but lost my quest rewards because there wasn't enough room in my inventory.  That probably shouldn't happen.

There's something in the help or one of the tips about there.. that there's an 'overflow' that keeps your quest items until you clear out your inventory. But I don't know how you'd get stuff from that overflow once you were ready for them.

- Viin
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 07:41:38 AM

There's something in the help or one of the tips about there.. that there's an 'overflow' that keeps your quest items until you clear out your inventory. But I don't know how you'd get stuff from that overflow once you were ready for them.
You will get it back when you get your next reward too, there will be two windows.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 07:42:03 AM

I'll check for that.  It's likely my kitties have swatted my brain under the fridge this morning.  I'm knackered.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 07:44:03 AM

In OB, you could just finish the dialog, then the loot window would still be there and you could manage your innovatory.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #46 on: May 19, 2008, 07:52:53 AM

Should be an exclamation mark or some such next to the minimap that you can click to display quest-rewards you haven't picked yet.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #47 on: May 19, 2008, 09:02:01 AM

Should be an exclamation mark or some such next to the minimap that you can click to display quest-rewards you haven't picked yet.

Yay!  Where is this boy's red name?  At least give him bright orange for his first step into dev-hood.  He's our Funcom guy, now, you know.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #48 on: May 19, 2008, 10:02:19 AM

Never take on more then 1-2 of evenish level.. Thats about the most you can take.

At level 26 I was taking on 28s and 29s solo. Sometimes more than 1. Maybe I managed to min-max my skill.

Oh look, the class imbalance is starting to show.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 19, 2008, 10:17:59 AM

Add having to resummon pets when entering/leaving an instance

Pets don't swim. At least demonologist pets don't. They have to be resummoned if you cross a river.

Never take on more then 1-2 of evenish level.. Thats about the most you can take.

At level 26 I was taking on 28s and 29s solo. Sometimes more than 1. Maybe I managed to min-max my skill. Or maybe my 10% chance of fatality helps immensely. But right now I am a fucking blender. I'm like a Will It Blend commercial for Bad Guys. And yes, they do blend. As such, let's tack YMMV on to what you just said. Also, I tend to only do orange/red quests and delete <=Green ones. Yellow depends on the exp.
[/b]

I'm playing a Tempest of Set, thats not possible for me to do.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 19, 2008, 11:03:16 AM

Don't worry, since he's a demonologist he's going to be real tired of casting 10 buffs each time he dies and pressing the same button 5 times to kill everything real soon.

schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 11:17:18 AM

Don't worry, since he's a demonologist he's going to be real tired of casting 10 buffs each time he dies and pressing the same button 5 times to kill everything real soon.

I'm an assassin. If you want to troll the game, at least read everything. Ohhhhh, I see.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 11:42:12 AM

He also played a paladin in WoW, keep that in mind.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 11:46:36 AM

He also played a paladin in WoW, keep that in mind.

I for one am glad as hell there are no paladins in AOC.   

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Vanifae
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 19, 2008, 11:47:51 AM

I like my blood elf paladin :( tanking is fun.

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 19, 2008, 11:54:06 AM

I like my blood elf paladin :( tanking is fun.

It only took 2 years of us release day paladins bitching out Blizzard for that to happen.

You're welcome, btw.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #56 on: May 19, 2008, 11:55:47 AM

Real horde didn't want your bitch ass paladin class anyways.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: May 19, 2008, 12:06:13 PM

Real horde didn't want your bitch ass paladin class anyways.

Nah, they just wanted Shamans to have Salv. Back when you PVE'ed to PVP.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #58 on: May 19, 2008, 12:48:37 PM

Pets don't swim. At least demonologist pets don't. They have to be resummoned if you cross a river.

At level 26 I was taking on 28s and 29s solo. Sometimes more than 1. Maybe I managed to min-max my skill. Or maybe my 10% chance of fatality helps immensely. But right now I am a fucking blender. I'm like a Will It Blend commercial for Bad Guys. And yes, they do blend. As such, let's tack YMMV on to what you just said. Also, I tend to only do orange/red quests and delete <=Green ones. Yellow depends on the exp.
[/b]

I can, and I am a ToS of 25th levels.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: May 19, 2008, 12:50:27 PM

[/b]

I can, and I am a ToS of 25th levels.

How long did it take you to get to 25? Round abouts.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #60 on: May 19, 2008, 12:54:51 PM

Last night Schild seemed to be getting a level every few minutes or something.  It was scary.  Seriously.  I was afraid and had to log out, have a couple valium and hug my cats.  I also had a good cry this morning.

schild
Administrator

Reply #61 on: May 19, 2008, 01:05:41 PM

About to hit 29.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: May 19, 2008, 01:09:34 PM

Oh. It's a good thing you aren't on the PVP server in that case.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 19, 2008, 01:10:07 PM

?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #64 on: May 19, 2008, 01:55:25 PM

Took me 15 hours /played to get to 25, but I did it on /relaxed mode.

schild
Administrator

Reply #65 on: May 19, 2008, 03:39:46 PM

Yea, 18 hours for 29.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #66 on: May 19, 2008, 03:44:06 PM

Loot is almost too trivial, but now at 19, I am almost past the point of looking at loot aside from just checking to see if I want to keep it.  Will have to see, if it is not item centric as WOW, I will be glad.

The cut scene crap can be annoying, espeically if I am getting attacked by mobs that were not part of what initiated the cut scene.

Having to wait for a quest mob or item to spawn makes me yearn to stab EQ in the eyes for introducing that crap...

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: May 19, 2008, 05:34:53 PM

?

Assassins are the weakest class in PVP.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: May 19, 2008, 07:38:06 PM

I understand the need for "insta" travel for players, but I thought we learned from EQ2 and EQ1 if not done properly, it can erode immersion.

Before I click on the caravan owner and find myself transported to another city - it would be nice to see some sort of 30 second cinematic to introduce the transition (e.g. of the Caravan departing etc.).

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #69 on: May 19, 2008, 08:02:59 PM

?

Assassins are the weakest class in PVP.

Nija, I've known and respected ya for a long time now...I'm just kinda curious, between the PM you sent me about the state of the game and your constant trolling of basically all AOC threads...why the hate? Most people seem to be having fun, I am truly interested it what your main turn-offs have been with the game...

Class balance? PvE balance? No Balance? Performance? Bugs? Lack of 40+ content?

A genuinely concerned Slayerik

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  
Jump to: