Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  (Read 125352 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 17, 2008, 07:44:22 PM

List em, jerks!

(will send a list off to Funcom after a week or two)
ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 07:52:38 PM

-Groupmate icons need to be larger on the Minimap
-Boss mobs drop NO (read: nothing) loot (at least not to groups).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 08:00:24 PM by ShenMolo »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 08:09:20 PM

-Groupmate icons need to be larger on the Minimap

Agreed.

Plus Groupmates window (life, etc..) is UGLY.

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 08:43:00 PM

- No buy online, needs an electronic purchase/download.
- No native MacOS client, I want to run it on my MacBook Pro without installing xp/Vista.
- Needs better vagina graphics model, it is 2008 for christ's sake, open up a browser tab.
- Not perfect for Orange Juice, needs more lemon.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 08:50:00 PM

1. Getting graphical tearing. Graphics card might just need a cooldown.
2. Second vote for total lack of loot for boss drops.
3. My feats don't tell me exactly what they do. Without a strat guide out yet, I need to know what this shit does in the game window.
4. Stygian models are so much better than the others that it feels like pre and post SOGA EQ2 models at the same time.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 10:05:23 PM

1. Getting graphical tearing. Graphics card might just need a cooldown.

I forced vsync on in my NVIDIA settings for Conan on my 8800gtx.  It's pretty much eliminated the tearing on my system.  Give it a shot if you have the option.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 10:37:12 PM

- Too much junk loot, as in 1000000 of the same piece of equip
- WTF with +0.01 bonus stats?
- Very slow respawn in dungeons leads to nothing to fight and long camps to get a very common quest drop

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 10:58:58 PM

Quest items take way too long to respawn, I remember waiting 10 minutes for a saddle to respawn on a dead horse, and almost 15 for an axe buried in a demon's head.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 11:01:27 PM

Quest items have been respawning at a ridiculous rate on the live server. I should probably amend this thread to say if you haven't played live, don't assume much. Miracle patch is a miracle.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 11:46:37 PM

Fucking loading screens.

Like it was bad enough that when you get ressed you have a loading screen, but when you respec your feats you have a long loading screen AND YOU ARE STILL IN THE SAME GOD DAMN SPOT

And OMG the lack of functionality for community features is astounding.  IT's worse than everquest 1.  Guess how you add someone to your friends list.  "/cc addbuddy <name>"  WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN.  How is that logical or intuitive.

Oh yeah and purple guild chat which you can't change.  zomg

The game is cool but holy crap I will never understand how did they not think any of these things were worth working on.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 11:56:15 PM

Like it was bad enough that when you get ressed you have a loading screen, but when you respec your feats you have a long loading screen AND YOU ARE STILL IN THE SAME GOD DAMN SPOT

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. What processor do you have? Hell, graphics card and RAM speed also. I rarely see loading screens except for zoning. Even then, fast as balls 99% of the time.

And OMG the lack of functionality for community features is astounding.  IT's worse than everquest 1.  Guess how you add someone to your friends list.  "/cc addbuddy <name>"  WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN.  How is that logical or intuitive.

You can just do a search by clicking on the second icon up top to the left - the three heads. Do a search by name. Right click. Add to friends list. Also amazingly useful for finding groups. It's probably the most useful search tool I've seen (I don't remember the WoW one. Certainly better than Everquest II or SWG or AO or DAOC, etc. etc.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 12:14:39 AM

- It would take much longer to level solo.
- Any sort of death penalty involving going back to your corpse is beyond stupid as it just isn't fun.
- The group bars are way too small for a healer.
- Healing is very underpowered.
- Collection quests should give credit to each member of a group.
- I should be able to fucking go out to character select instead of exiting the game.
- Those god damn bink videos need to go.  I deleted them but the patcher actually puts them back...
- Some of the quest mob and quest item respawns are way too slow.
- Loot really sucks.
- Item stats aren't straightforward.
- Caster enemies are too powerful compared to melee.  They should either do less damage or have less health.
- The dots showing where group members sometimes disappear.
- The chat window needs more customization for colours etc.
- If I type / it should automatically put me into the chat window.  I shouldn't need to hit enter then /.
- It needs to be clearer how to switch instances, I had to tell people how to do it at least a dozen times.
- The / commands are non standard, they should just use the same ones everyone else does.
- I'm sick of all the men wearing leather skirts.
- People should be able to group in the night quests if they want to.
- The constant buff animations/sounds as people move in and out of range is getting irritating.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 12:40:37 AM

- I should be able to fucking go out to character select instead of exiting the game.

If you let the 30 second camp thing go all the way through, it takes you back to login. Not desktop.

- Those god damn bink videos need to go.  I deleted them but the patcher actually puts them back...

YES YES YES.

- Loot really sucks.

This will be what eventually drives me away. Sigh. It's so the easiest thing not to fuck up.

The rest I largely agree with, particular about item stats, skirts, /x command, and dots.

I haven't grouped with a healer yet.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 01:48:33 AM

The 1-20 experience was origonally supposed to be single player only.  That what the night quests are for.  Plus they are there to draw you into the "story" hence single player.
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 02:05:04 AM

The 1-20 experience was origonally supposed to be single player only.  That what the night quests are for.  Plus they are there to draw you into the "story" hence single player.

It works reasonably well also. For the first time since uhhhh, ever. The writing here isn't too bad.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 05:47:51 AM

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. What processor do you have? Hell, graphics card and RAM speed also. I rarely see loading screens except for zoning. Even then, fast as balls 99% of the time.

My laptop only has a 5400 RPM hard drive, and I haven't had the spare funds nor the care (most games it's not a problem) to upgrade it.  So yes, I see loading screens and they pop up all the time, it's annoying as hell.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 05:50:13 AM

l2upgrade

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 05:59:01 AM

Yes, yes, to everything said, yes.  Espcially loot, it's awful.  Character selection is stupid if your character doesn't look like what you chose.  The bodies don't match up right.  Not good documentation.  I don't know what I'm doing.  It took me ages to sort out adding a friend, too.  The bit of crap documentation they have looks like it was written by a bunch of stoned Norwegian Headbangers listening to Gorgoroth or something.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 07:04:02 AM

- can't read their forums if you don't own the game/account.

Hopefully that's just temporary measure due to high traffic and whatnot, but makes it harder to someone sitting on the fence to take the plunge, without being able to see what people say about the game. Plus, all the delicious drama morsels... Heartbreak
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 07:23:49 AM

The official forums have been considerably less dramatic than the beta forums.  In game isn't very dramatic, either.  It's probably the server we chose... Zug Zug.  Last night was packed and no one would shut up so I turned off the main chat.  Today no one is there.  I've seen people chat maybe three times.  They must all be asleep.  Or in church.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 07:59:48 AM

or both!

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 12:33:48 PM

- Voice acting stops at level 20. *sigh*

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 12:35:25 PM

- Voice acting stops at level 20. *sigh*

Well, that's to be expected. I imagine they may trot it out again for epic style quests, but I couldn't honestly expect them to do voice acting for every fiddly little quest the game's gonna have.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 12:44:21 PM

By far my biggest complaint is the item drops.  Soooo many trashy item drops.  It feels like an average of more than one item per mob, which is an absurd quantity.  I'm tired of mousing over loot from every single humanoid monster to make sure I don't miss an awesome item, although perhaps awesome items don't actually exist at all.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 18, 2008, 04:49:20 PM

Loot sucks
Not enough inventory
No way to tell what some things do.  (I bought a bag, which only gave me 4 more slots)
Quests are same old, same old.
I wish we had more useful abilities.  I spam two attacks on my Tempest of Set.
Needs more informative tooltips, like where ya hang your mouse over something for more info.
Guild/friend system seems half-assed.
Jashan
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 05:49:10 PM

I wish we had more useful abilities.  I spam two attacks on my Tempest of Set.

Agreed with emphasis on the ToS point. At level 14 I have only 6 spells? Compare that to all the chains a melee has?

My own:

1. Counter intuitive stat system. Maybe this is redundant to the "loot sux" theme. But ".1 to defense rating" means nothing to me. "100 to armor rating" means a lot more. This is probably due to me being conditioned by wow and lotro, but I have to think there are others out there like me in that market.
2. Lack of guidance. This may be to me being a true noob, but I am dieing a LOT. I am wandering into areas and quests that are WAY to hard for me and getting my ass kicked. I do not see others mentioning this at all, so am chalking it up to my own dumb ass so far. But damn. Or maybe the ToS sucks that bad.
3. The atmosphere still comes off as plastic in parts.
4. I can not customize the shape/size of my stygian assasin's cooch. If you can shape the breastesses and make and make them visible, why not go whole hog?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 09:31:47 PM

I only had some trouble with my ToS leveling.  I mainly put all my feat points into damage, as I am mainly soloing atm. 

Make sure to look at the colors of your quests in the log.  Green is doable, yellow a bit harder, and orange can be a bitch.

Never take on more then 1-2 of evenish level.. Thats about the most you can take. 

For tough fights remember to hit both your heal over times, and then commense the beatdown.  Food and Drink do help.

Also when you see people camping those tough bosses.. just invite them or ask to group.  You can get those done quick, I had no problems getting a couple people that were there to group up.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 09:51:43 PM

/ not going straight to chat is annoying I forget everytime I go to camp.

Pets don't get aggro if you send them out to attack first, maybe its intended but it does go against expectations.

Under documented, help is crap to navigate.  Not enough info on your character or feedback.

Can't add more hotbars from what I can see (I am crazy for the hotbars)

Crap loot, inventory blah

Wish it would verify name availablity before final step

Some weird spell progression ie my Dark Templar gets the buff life drain combo before actually getting the life drain skill that makes it useful.  Rank II of a spell/combo autos on the hotbar separately rather than replacing rank I.  I used 2 ranks of an ability for ages before I noticed.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 03:09:49 AM

Add having to resummon pets when entering/leaving an instance
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 03:14:53 AM

Pets don't swim. At least demonologist pets don't. They have to be resummoned if you cross a river.

Never take on more then 1-2 of evenish level.. Thats about the most you can take.

At level 26 I was taking on 28s and 29s solo. Sometimes more than 1. Maybe I managed to min-max my skill. Or maybe my 10% chance of fatality helps immensely. But right now I am a fucking blender. I'm like a Will It Blend commercial for Bad Guys. And yes, they do blend. As such, let's tack YMMV on to what you just said. Also, I tend to only do orange/red quests and delete <=Green ones. Yellow depends on the exp.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 03:17:40 AM by schild »
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 03:25:49 AM

Pets don't swim. At least demonologist pets don't. They have to be resummoned if you cross a river.

They also don't climb
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 04:28:56 AM

Rangers: swicthing (via mousewheel) to first peson view to get the longer range... and having creatures disapear (along with their health bars) when they close to range.  This one took the already somewhat annoying-to-play range into the red for me, causing a permanent shelving of this class.  For reference, the demonologist does fantastic ranged damage, with none of the UI tom-foolery.  Interesting concept, which just isn't working.  Shelve it (or leave first person as a oddity/amusement) and give third person the same range as first person to stop the disapearing mob madness.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 04:48:49 AM

The no pet aggro thing is a major annoyance.  How is my squishy necromancer possibly supposed to survive solo when I can send three pets to beat on the mob and it immediately sprints to me?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 05:11:25 AM

Run faster?
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 05:25:32 AM

Run faster?
You can invest skillpoints in a skill that gives you increased runspeed when out of combat. Though I'm not sure at which level you gain access to that.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  
Jump to: