Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:08:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  (Read 126674 times)
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: May 19, 2008, 08:23:37 PM

/ not going straight to chat is annoying I forget everytime I go to camp.

Pets don't get aggro if you send them out to attack first, maybe its intended but it does go against expectations.

Do not Play that class like its a warlock. Its not. And in this game, that weapon in your had IS NOT WORTHLESS, stab some people.

You also do get one skill (frenzy)  that gives a pet a small time frame of extra arrgo. But its a tactical skill, not a CC per say.

Can't add more hotbars from what I can see (I am crazy for the hotbars)

Two on the right side of the screen, hove your abilitys in the abilitys window, and look.

Also, with everything closed, try pressing and holding ALT.
supper secret secondary quick bar while pressed.

Yeah the cooldown on frenzy is too slow to reuse with any sort of consistency so I don't use it as part of my normal rotation.  Its all pet classes in most games I have played recently where if the pet attacks first it grabs initial aggro, not just warlocks. Like I said its probably intentional that they don't in AoC but it does go against player expectations, I wasn't the only one complaining about it in /ooc.  There are other abilities which seem to emphasise being in melee range but well I pick a mage to cast spells and play melee when I want to melee :/

I also knew about the two side bars (which can be rotated and moved but not resized from what I can see) but I want more... I like to group and space abilities by type and I don't like too much stuff mooshed together
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #71 on: May 19, 2008, 08:38:12 PM

this guy looks legit

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 21, 2008, 06:45:40 AM

Things that make me cry in this game

-Friends window, how did this get past a usability test? Add a "add friend" button to this window and make the online/offline indicators different colors perhaps?!
-Chat window, see point one. This is terrible, no alpha blending option, hitting / doesn't put you into the text input field, has issues sometimes it seems with inputting text ie a space, no and no color choices built into its own menus. Btw, when I choose that I don't want OOC on, don't turn it back on the next time I level :P
-Group member icon on the minimap, one pixel indicator has gotta be fixed
-(friends are having serious issues with FPS, its too hard to find out what the issue is so not really a funcom issue)
-No camping to character selection.
-Group windows/member panels have to be customizable to scale it up a bit.
-On a "full" server you cannot create a new character. This kinda sucks is the server full so a friend cannot create a character there in low load hours?

Thats it for now, I'll think of more today..

schild
Administrator

Reply #73 on: May 21, 2008, 06:47:38 AM

There is an add by name button. Click the first of the buttons on the upper left. Add by name. Three more options.

Also, thanks for that last one. Gonna fill up 8 spots on Zug now.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: May 21, 2008, 06:59:37 AM

There is an add by name button. Click the first of the buttons on the upper left. Add by name. Three more options.

Thanks I knew it had to be buried in there, but it's gotta be cleaned up from a usability standpoint.

In regards to the server slots. I have no idea if its just when the server is full (and yes there are queue's) you cannot create a new account and when its low load you have access to create another character. But I'm 100% sure when he server was fully loaded last night a friend couldn't create an account. I'd like to hear from Funcom if this is "working as intended".
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 21, 2008, 07:03:54 AM

Thanks I knew it had to be buried in there, but it's gotta be cleaned up from a usability standpoint.

In regards to the server slots. I have no idea if its just when the server is full (and yes there are queue's) you cannot create a new account and when its low load you have access to create another character. But I'm 100% sure when he server was fully loaded last night a friend couldn't create an account. I'd like to hear from Funcom if this is "working as intended".

Sounds like it is, characters on the server is a higher number than allowed concurrent users. If the concurrent users max is getting near..it would make sense to hold new character making.

I foresee free character moves in the near future.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #76 on: May 21, 2008, 07:05:02 AM

I foresee me making 8 characters on Zug in a couple hours.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: May 21, 2008, 07:33:52 AM

I don't like the fact that I had less problems with the Vanguard launch than this one.  So many technical issues piled on top of each other for me, almost reminds me of AO again minus the mandatory hard drive formatting.

schild
Administrator

Reply #78 on: May 21, 2008, 07:38:04 AM

I don't like the fact that I had less problems with the Vanguard launch than this one.  So many technical issues piled on top of each other for me, almost reminds me of AO again minus the mandatory hard drive formatting.

Wat.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 21, 2008, 07:55:42 AM

yeah, i know, i'm special.

le sigh.
schild
Administrator

Reply #80 on: May 21, 2008, 07:58:09 AM

Definitely the outlier. Danny is running a 7800GS or something and an D540 or some piece of shit early dual core and is getting 30FPS on medium.
ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 21, 2008, 08:04:58 AM

AMD 4200 - Geforce 7900GT 256mb - 4GB DDR2 - WinXP Pro - 250gb 7200rpm HD

Basically my machine is 2 years old

I get 30ish FPS in low settings with shadows off. Game still looks good.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 21, 2008, 08:11:30 AM

My system isn't great.  AMD opteron 180 (this might be a problem), 2gb ram, 8800GT.  But when I can run the game, I get great framerates, and it looks fantastic.  That is, when I can actually get into the game.  I've had to hard restart my comp at least 10 times since installing the game last night, for quite a few different reasons.  I just installed the leaked nvidia driver from guru3d.com, which may have actually fixed things.  We'll see.
schild
Administrator

Reply #83 on: May 21, 2008, 08:12:05 AM

Your processor is more than a "problem." Is it overheating? Is the graphics card overheating? What is your mobo, with an opteron in it, I don't even want to know, but then, I do want to know.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: May 21, 2008, 08:31:08 AM

Why is my processor more than a problem?  I've never had any problems whatsoever gaming with it in the past.  Oblivion, Bioshock, Crysis, TF2/HL2, all good.  I got it a few months ago to get a little bit more life out of my 939 system, and it's worked wondefully (up to this point).  No overheating as far as I can tell, I've got rivatuner and cpufan installed to keep track of that.  At crashes I have no problem with cpu temp.  I'm a little bit more worried about the 8800 temp since I got some graphical tearing on one crash, but I'm not sure exactly what I can do about that.

The mobo is an evga sli 939 mobo, which actually has been fine, suprisingly.  Yeah, evga mobo, I know, bad idea.  I got a good deal on it though, and again, it's worked perfectly fine for the last few years so I have no complaints.

New drivers seem to help...but I still get fun stuff like random drops to 1 fps for 10 seconds, zones loading too fast and me having to stand around waiting for a minute while npc's pop up around me, etc.  Just so much weird shit going on.  It's frustrating because it runs beautifully much of the time.

Update:  Leaked drivers, disabling high quality npc's, and switching to 2.0 shaders (which you have to do every fucking time you zone because they always switch back to 3.0) seems to get this sucker running about perfectly for me, at least at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 08:48:11 AM by trias_e »
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 21, 2008, 08:42:42 AM

The mobo is an evga sli 939 mobo, which actually has been fine, suprisingly.

This is coming out of left field here but do you use the onboard nvidia nic? If so try disabling "Offload CRC Checksum" on your network card, may not work but hell its fixed a lot weirder issues.

Open Windows device manager -> Network adapters -> Network card -> Advanced -> Disable "Offload CRC Checksum"
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #86 on: May 21, 2008, 08:45:04 AM

It must be said again -- the sys reqs are ridiculous. I may not last long because of it (I'm running windowed atm, and it still blows). It might be the game that finally makes me pony up for a 360 though (so long as I can use the same account).
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: May 21, 2008, 08:48:52 AM

This is coming out of left field here but do you use the onboard nvidia nic? If so try disabling "Offload CRC Checksum" on your network card, may not work but hell its fixed a lot weirder issues.

Open Windows device manager -> Network adapters -> Network card -> Advanced -> Disable "Offload CRC Checksum"

Yes, I do use it, and I just disabled it.  I'll let you know if I notice any effect, thanks!
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #88 on: May 21, 2008, 08:50:54 AM

My system isn't great.  AMD opteron 180 (this might be a problem), 2gb ram, 8800GT.  But when I can run the game, I get great framerates, and it looks fantastic.  That is, when I can actually get into the game.  I've had to hard restart my comp at least 10 times since installing the game last night, for quite a few different reasons.  I just installed the leaked nvidia driver from guru3d.com, which may have actually fixed things.  We'll see.

I would this to be fine.  I'm running an AMD 4500+ which I think is similar. I was getting 10FPS with a 7600GT but upgraded that last night to 8800GT and it runs fantastic on medium and darn good on high.  No crashes so far.

glennshin
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: May 21, 2008, 09:23:38 AM

-sneak animation on women look like they are surfing or something equally ridiculous.
-as of right now, rebinding keys that aren't already bound to something gives you the error "key is reserved"
-there is no key binding for next/previous action bar
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #90 on: May 21, 2008, 09:24:55 AM

I crash almost every time I choose "exit now".

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #91 on: May 21, 2008, 09:25:36 AM

-sneak animation on women look like they are surfing or something equally ridiculous.

That's the same deal with the HoX demon form... Like he's gliding or something. Thought it was intentional. Guess not.
schild
Administrator

Reply #92 on: May 21, 2008, 09:26:54 AM

It must be said again -- the sys reqs are ridiculous. I may not last long because of it (I'm running windowed atm, and it still blows). It might be the game that finally makes me pony up for a 360 though (so long as I can use the same account).

The game scales amazingly well. Danny is on a computer that is largely shittier than anyones in this thread and he optimized the shit out of it until it was 30FPS everywhere. Sometimes it dips to 20.
Vanifae
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: May 21, 2008, 09:30:02 AM

This happens to me as well.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #94 on: May 21, 2008, 09:33:58 AM

This happens to me as well.

Do you think it's trying to tell us to slow down, we're movin' too fast? 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Vanifae
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: May 21, 2008, 09:36:59 AM

I think it's telling me to stop being a perfectionist, I probably went through three or four characters last night before settling on my Guardian this morning :)

Conqueror is still enticing for an alt though :)

Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: May 21, 2008, 09:37:41 AM

Yeah, I actually crash every time I quit the game.  If you're going to have a crash bug, though, that's a pretty good time to crash.  That's pretty much the only time I have crashed in several days, other than when zoning in windowed mode, which my computer really, really doesn't like.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #97 on: May 21, 2008, 11:41:46 AM

Invalid "There are no targets in range" messages are getting annoying.  A mob spawns, starts wailing on me and when I start casting it often says that, forcing me to click on him first.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: May 21, 2008, 11:50:23 AM

Invalid "There are no targets in range" messages are getting annoying.  A mob spawns, starts wailing on me and when I start casting it often says that, forcing me to click on him first.

TAB.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: May 21, 2008, 02:10:04 PM

I take back what I said before about it working, this game is just pure epic fail on my PC.  Now I've got this problem:  http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=7508
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: May 21, 2008, 02:19:53 PM

I take back what I said before about it working, this game is just pure epic fail on my PC.  Now I've got this problem:  http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=7508

Weird. I'm assuming you have 1GB of RAM? I have 3 and only seem to use 50-60% physical memory.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: May 21, 2008, 02:26:44 PM

I have 2GB and since I am running XP I am led to believe there is no point of getting any more until I upgrade to Vista.  I get the internal driver error, not the ran out of memory error, for clarifcation.  I'm going to run JKdefrag in painstakingly slow and detailed mode tonight,  perhaps that will help.

Update:  Fixed it by deleted the shader files in the main folder.  Game working fine again.  For now.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:56:28 PM by trias_e »
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #102 on: May 21, 2008, 04:21:41 PM

TAB.
No, fuck tab.  This:

Is an error.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #103 on: May 21, 2008, 04:47:01 PM

"You have been incinerated" -- fucking DTs.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #104 on: May 22, 2008, 01:22:32 AM

I don't like that there's a button simply marked leave in the guild management tab that will cause you to quit the guild without so much as a "are you sure you want to quit the guild?"

On a related note, I'm going to need a reinvite into the guild at some point  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  
Jump to: