Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:19:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goalline Blitz  (Read 167190 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #455 on: July 26, 2008, 08:55:01 PM

We are going to need CBs and WRs the most. Will probably use your QB when he gets to level 10 or so. Hell, I will sign him now if you want, but I think you will get more XP/PT in the dev leagues. I will post a more comprehensive list in a few days once the prison raping known as the regular season begins.

Straz- the system is screwed because new owners are put into a completely random situation. I woke up one morning and was the owner of the team. No veto power- if I don't like the situation, I can sell it back for 1/2 what I paid for it. So new owners come in blind, and have to A) try to fill out a roster with free agents, and B) convince the players who are still stuck on the team to hang in there. How many sports franchise owners buy teams without even knowing the name of the team, the league, who is on it, etc?

You notice how many offers you got from teams? Hell, I got 10 or so for my baby CB. Each one of those teams NEEDED my player. I ended up signing him to the Chiefs because I literally could not get a single FA to sign. I have sent hundreds of offers and dozens of PMs in the past week. I made a few cash trades, but I can't afford to pay $200k for each of 20 slots I need to fill.

I hear about players getting 70+ offers. If you crossed Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Brett Favre and Peyton Manning all into one hybrid super QB, he could only get 30 offers (and would probably only get 10 or so). It is a fucked system, and I don't see it getting better. I am going to have CPU players or lowbies getting serious minutes for a AAA team this season. That is just not right, and it is not my fault. Even cuter is that all my players will be taking XP hits since I have more than 3 of them on a team I own. Since Santa didn't leave me a full roster under the tree, I had no choice. And I get fucked for it.

Fucking over the owners is just shitty, since they are by definition people who are paying actual money to play your goddamned beta game. Adding 1000+ teams every season makes no sense. Everyone can't own a team unless everyone owns 40 players to keep the team/player ratio intact.

DO NOT BUY A TEAM HIGHER THAN BBB or so unless you like sleepless nights and ulcers. You will need 20+ friends to have players available to sign immediately or your team will fall apart and everyone on it will walk as soon as they can.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #456 on: July 27, 2008, 04:14:16 AM

ACK!

I'm sorry I didn't know...I would have signed a few of my players, and Hoax's, to your team if I knew you were in such dire straits.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: July 27, 2008, 06:52:01 AM

Yep, the FA market is a player's market right now.  I can't get a 4th LB to sign as everyone is throwing big money to LBs.  I am considering signing a DE or a SS and playing them at LB until the market calms down.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: July 27, 2008, 07:24:24 AM

I'd certainly agree it's a players market right now. Everyone also wants to be on "The Winning Team". So you have a lot of intertia to work against if you were the bottom team in a league the season before.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #459 on: July 28, 2008, 05:25:14 AM

I've got 8 offers on my WR, none on my QB. Sent both to WAP, even though the QB is a lowbie at 8.

CC's first game (regular season!) should be...interesting. 200-0? Defense is going to get shit for playtime :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:40:53 AM by Sky »
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: July 28, 2008, 07:08:39 AM

I have a level6 LB that your could have WAP. He hasn't been boosted yet so can do that so at least he'll be lvl 10ish quickly.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=646782

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: July 28, 2008, 07:11:39 AM

Wow, that was quick ;)

He's 9 now too.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #462 on: July 28, 2008, 07:21:00 AM

HOLY FUCK I SIGNED A FREE AGENT! Level 14 center just signed. I am self-actualized.

We still need a starting punter and depth at SS, FS, LB, D-Line, O-line, HB, FB, and QB.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #463 on: July 28, 2008, 08:02:16 AM

I've got a baby CB who hasn't taken a snap - I'd be happy to retire him and make something else.  I was also about to make a WR for the chiefs, since there are only 2 on the roster.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #464 on: July 28, 2008, 08:05:42 AM

Hell, my CB got like 6 or 7 offers besides the one WAP made me. It's definitely a player's market. Maybe they shouldn't be selling as many teams (though since that's how they make the most money I can see why they do).

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: July 28, 2008, 08:23:59 AM

I just feel we're doing a disservice to WAP having our lowbies on his team. Will they demote the team to a lower division or something?

Too bad we don't have a B team for the lowbies, CC for the middlemen and the new CC for the higher players. Then we could have f13 for a player's entire career (with fair trades all the way up.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 08:26:13 AM by Sky »
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: July 28, 2008, 08:32:28 AM

Well, that's always been the ideal, but I've asked if anyone is in the queue for an A or BBB team, and no one has responded.

And trust me, no one was listening to any offers I made, and I know WAP made about 3 times as many, to try and fill out the Chiefs roster.  It's either our lowbies or CPU at this point.
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: July 28, 2008, 08:38:33 AM

Next they need to put in player injuries and really make it a players market.  ACK!

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
WayAbvPar

Reply #468 on: July 28, 2008, 12:20:12 PM

I would guess I made 300-400 offers to free agents, and got exactly 1 to sign (other than people from here, obv). I also made a few dozen cash trade offers, which were slightly more successful (5 of those or so). Current plan is to go 0-16 this season, get relegated, and then build from there. We will have a leg up on the lower division teams money wise, since we will have a bigger stadium (I assume).

Oh yeah, WRs. I can't believe I left that off the list. We need lots of them.

WayAbvPar

Reply #469 on: July 29, 2008, 08:12:43 AM

As it stands now, we need the following-

Starting punter
FB (level 14 or above would start, otherwise a backup)
backup QB
2 WRs (depending on level, starters or backups)
backup DE
backup LB (have a trade offer outstanding)
backup CB
backup FS

As soon as the rest of the team riots on me, I will need to fill their postions too, but there you have it. My free agent signings have now doubled to 2! We also got a shitload of money for tickets, so I paid off the loan for the new construction and still have 6M left. Will probably try to conserve that, since ticket sales will plummet later in the season and next year when we go 0-16. Should help us out when we get relegated though.

WayAbvPar

Reply #470 on: July 29, 2008, 09:55:17 AM

Just so you know how the powers that be @ GLB think- here is the response to my PM (you can see my original at the bottom). Are these guys SOE rejects?

I'm sorry you thought that having a team would be an easy thing, but just about every owner has had to deal with what you are going through. You might get an XP penalty if you add multiple people to your team, but it will not be a performance penalty for how well they do in a game.
Buying a team isn't broken, it just isn't easy. This is something that everyone knows, I'm sorry that it is a bit much for you.
-Thorn

---------- Original message ----------
Date: Jul 26, 2008 12:02:25
Subject: System for new owners is a joke
To: Thorn

I get to pay to take over a team (sight unseen of course) with 75% of the players on expiring contracts. I have sent hundreds of FA offers and not had one SINGLE PLAYER sign. Players are getting dozens of offers. This system is bullsh*t. To top it off, I will get penalized if I add more than 3 of my own players to the team. How exactly am I supposed to fill out my roster?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

I am sorry I ever spent money (well over $100) on Flex Points. I am warning everyone I can find not to buy a team until this is fixed. Terrible way to treat customer who are paying to play your beta game.

I realize there isn't anything you can do for now, but you really need to reexamine this entire system. Paying customers have expectations.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #471 on: July 29, 2008, 10:36:31 AM

Wow, yeah, that's pretty backhanded.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: July 29, 2008, 11:41:29 AM

To be honest, WAP came off with a lot of 'tude in that PM, and the powers that be are making a decent amount of money from that broken system, so calling it bullshit might not be the best way to get your voice heard.

I agree with you completely WAP, I just don't know what else you expected in reply to that email.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: July 29, 2008, 03:40:05 PM

My FS will be a FA in 17 days, I'll switch him then.

WayAbvPar

Reply #474 on: July 30, 2008, 10:56:23 AM

Perfect.

Sky- the reason I sent the email was to give the developers some perspective of how frustrating it is to be a new owner, especially one of a high level team. There is no real documentation on anything in the game- you have to dig through the forums (which of course aren't searchable) to learn anything. I didn't expect them to do anything for me in particular, but I was hoping that hearing from a paying customer might help them mold future versions of the game to make the process smoother and less painful. Lrn2play was what I got, which is just fucking unacceptable. These clowns can't even keep the admin accounts secure, for Christ's sake. I don't know what I was thinking.

kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: July 30, 2008, 12:05:13 PM

They really do need thicker skin, complaints about their system should be taken by them as an indication on what they need to work on. 

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: July 30, 2008, 12:29:09 PM

Customer service is vital for customer retention.  There are 1000000 ways they could have addressed your concerns without being dicks about it.  It's sad that they took the low road. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: July 31, 2008, 05:57:25 AM

They're in a death spiral, I think. A couple coders and some forum mods stumbled onto a money hat. Unless they get bought out by a company with real CS, the rampant abuses, shitty CS and overall amateur hour stuff will kill this thing.

But it's beta lulz  Ohhhhh, I see.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: July 31, 2008, 08:39:45 AM

OMG - it is progress quest!

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #479 on: August 03, 2008, 07:19:38 PM

The four human teams I have players on all won, my QB still can't find a roster spot (no surprise, build is all sorts of screwed up).  May just retire him.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: August 04, 2008, 06:10:25 AM

My QB is FA and neither of the f13 wants him. Orphaned :(
WayAbvPar

Reply #481 on: August 04, 2008, 07:55:14 AM

Put him on the marketplace, get on a team, and earn XP while you wait for a spot to open up on one of the teams.

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #482 on: August 04, 2008, 01:44:04 PM

So after reading all this, I rolled up a DT and joined a dev league team that is 4-0, and only has CPU characters at DT.

Player link here: ReShaun Williamson.  Not sure what I want for spec atm, but it sounds like I mostly need to put points into stats for the time being.

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
WayAbvPar

Reply #483 on: August 04, 2008, 01:59:34 PM

That is a good plan. Dump points in his main attributes (STR, AGI,TACK, etc) and then start sprinkling in the specialties a bit later on.

In case you guys hadn't heard, there was a hacking/cheating scandal during the playoffs last season. The incriminating chat log can be found here.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: August 04, 2008, 02:03:46 PM

Seing CCC and "Sauce" in that chatlog is freaking me out.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #485 on: August 04, 2008, 02:07:02 PM

Was that cheating stuff against us? I can't tell because it's like retard speak in there.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: August 04, 2008, 02:31:35 PM

Just a coincidence, but it made me have to read it thoroughly, which I don't recommend to anyone.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #487 on: August 04, 2008, 05:51:55 PM

Nah, that's not involving us...directly, anyway.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #488 on: August 05, 2008, 07:09:31 AM

Brown Trout was one of the teams that got cheated, and many of the quoted forum posts were from members of that team. They are a team full of players from 2+2, the largest poker poker community (where I also read and post). They were part of the impetus to get things investigated and were eventually vindicated.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #489 on: August 10, 2008, 03:53:36 PM

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz  
Jump to: