Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goalline Blitz  (Read 167245 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #420 on: July 22, 2008, 09:56:08 AM

I am pretty sure we can put you to use. If you can get a release, that would be ideal.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #421 on: July 22, 2008, 10:45:22 AM

I NEED HELP!!!

Most of my free agents bailed when the owner left. Need Levels 20+ for starters, 17+ for backups. If/when that fails, I will just load up with F13 lowbies and take it in the ass for a season or two.

Hey if you get desperate for CB's, mine is level 11.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=569100

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: July 22, 2008, 11:36:22 AM

I can boost my SS and FB to 14, but prolly not the best starters in a 20+ league.

- Viin
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #423 on: July 22, 2008, 06:13:18 PM

Anyone know roughly what pay/league level ~L10 players should be looking for contract-wise for starter or backup positions?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: July 22, 2008, 06:28:05 PM

The only thing I "know" is that the A leagues have a level 13 cap for free agents. "A" league is bottom floor for player owned leagues, first step up from the CPU D leagues.

So, I would assume you would want to be on one of the A league teams, you could probably be a starter.  They are adding another 1000 A league teams...so there should be a lot of job openings.

I'm pretty dumb about salary, the main thing you want is enough cash to get your equipment.  You should probably get that amount in a signing bonus.  Your daily salary should probably cover your training.  During the season it's pretty hard to train higher than relaxed and have enough energy to play in the games.

Edit:  I wouldn't sign a contract for longer than 1 season if you can help it.  You never know what will happen with the team, my first player got a bit hosed by signing a 2 year deal.  Owner gutted the team and then sold it back to GLB.  It's been a pain.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 06:31:58 PM by kidder »

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #425 on: July 23, 2008, 02:08:22 PM

The rule of thumb is (level + 4) x 100 in daily salary.  I have no idea if anyone else bothers to renegotiate as often as I do.
WayAbvPar

Reply #426 on: July 23, 2008, 02:24:03 PM

I am TRYING to throw money at all sorts of free agents, but haven't signed a single new player yet (resigned a couple of my own FAs). The system for turning over existing teams to new owners is fucking clownshoes. I had a roster full of pissed off players with expiring contracts. Now I am going to have to sign a bunch of lowbies just to fill out the fucking roster, and that will piss off all the remaining high level players. Really REALLY not happy.

If you want to buy a team, insist on getting a B level or something equally low so you can sign dev players or just develop them yourself if need be. Trying to find high level free agents is a good way to develop an ulcer.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:52:17 PM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: July 23, 2008, 02:39:02 PM

The Chiefs are in for a long year.   huh

The Chachapoyas, on the other hand, managed to resign everyone, even the backups.  Just noticed that the LT who never participates boosted up to 19, that was good news.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #428 on: July 23, 2008, 05:47:53 PM

FYI, I have a 11 OT and 10 DT that need new homes. Will be trained to your specs, but I probably won't be boosting them.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: July 23, 2008, 06:04:34 PM

The Chachapoyas, on the other hand, managed to resign everyone, even the backups.  Just noticed that the LT who never participates boosted up to 19, that was good news.

If you want me to boost, I can. I've been holding onto my points in case another team needed players I could activate more on my account.  So far, I just have the LB active.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: July 23, 2008, 06:24:36 PM

I am TRYING to throw money at all sorts of free agents, but haven't signed a single new player yet (resigned a couple of my own FAs). The system for turning over existing teams to new owners is fucking clownshoes. I had a roster full of pissed off players with expiring contracts. Now I am going to have to sign a bunch of lowbies just to fill out the fucking roster, and that will piss off all the remaining high level players. Really REALLY not happy.

If you want to buy a team, insist on getting a B level or something equally low so you can sign dev players or just develop them yourself if need be. Trying to find high level free agents is a good way to develop an ulcer.

I tried talking to the owner of the team that my DE is on.  He said....let me quote him exactly:  "So your going to leave the team that gave you max xp everygame and also rebounded from winless to making it into the second round of the playoffs? I see the kind of person you are."

My DE is the highest level player on the team, I'm a backup at every D-line position, plus special teams, plus I got on offense a couple of times.  So I did get max playing time.  Anyway, he said to have you send him an max cash offer and he would do it.  So, you can try sending him a MINIMUM cash offer and see if he takes it.  Just fyi, about my player...he does not have his level 16 gear, but has 33,000 in cash to put towards it.  I'm fully boosted for season 3, and will boost for season 4 as well.  He got screwed with a gutted, pissed off Pro league team, he got lucky and Bort moved him to a canadian A league, so I don't blame him from trying to milk a trade for all its worth.

Sorry, I don't have anything better to offer.  Sorry you got a messed up team.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #431 on: July 23, 2008, 10:25:28 PM

The rule of thumb is (level + 4) x 100 in daily salary.  I have no idea if anyone else bothers to renegotiate as often as I do.

What's the 2nd set of equipment cost then?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: July 24, 2008, 06:06:42 AM

What's the 2nd set of equipment cost then?

At 16?  That'd be the standard 2000/day contract with a $50k signing bonus.  16 gear costs $10k a piece.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: July 24, 2008, 06:08:19 AM

If you want me to boost, I can. I've been holding onto my points in case another team needed players I could activate more on my account.  So far, I just have the LB active.

I'll fall back on the "I'll never ask anyone to spend real world $$$, but I *do* like winning, so, you know" team policy  Ohhhhh, I see..  We need Nebu to lead the team in tackles again!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #434 on: July 24, 2008, 06:27:28 AM

We need Nebu to lead the team in tackles again!
OHHELLNO

It's CRUSHTIME!

awesome, for real
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: July 24, 2008, 06:29:26 AM

OHHELLNO

It's CRUSHTIME!

awesome, for real

That fizzy sound you hear is a freshly opened can of whoop-ass.   awesome, for real

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: July 24, 2008, 07:08:06 AM

I got put in the same situation WAP.  I got a BBB USA team.  The owner had gone AWOL, the team was at like -$300,000 and losing about $100,000 daily. Two wins on the season, and a roster full of discontents. Worst stadium in the league.  As soon as I got there, a thread had already started about everyone bitching and saying I am outta here and how they were being recruited by winning teams.  I said basically fuck this and sold back the team.  I don't mind a challenge, but that was really unfair.  I am satisfied with staying on CC for a while and contributing to a dynasty :p
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: July 24, 2008, 07:08:17 AM

I've gotten an offer for my lvl 10 DE to join a AA team (1600/day + 20k signing bonus) for 1 season - would this be a bad idea? I'm concerned that I won't get to play that much. It seems like a good team at 4th in their division last season, but it looks like there's a new owner. Would an A team for another season be a better bet?

- Viin
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: July 24, 2008, 07:24:51 AM

That fizzy sound you hear is a freshly opened can of whoop-ass.   awesome, for real
Try batting down a pass once in a while, Nebuttsky.

(I think Doc Mur is going to whup us all next season)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: July 24, 2008, 08:55:43 AM

I get pulled on every 3rd and long for the nickel and dime packages , so I don't get to see many passes my way.  As for Doc, I agree completely. 

-  Mark Twain
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: July 24, 2008, 10:54:30 AM

***Inactive user***

Hey guys, I'm trying to get out of this other team I am on.  If I go inactive, is that not logging into the game for 3 days?  If I DO go inactive, can the team owner just cut me?  I don't know how that works, or is he basically stuck with me until my contract runs out.  I've pissed him off sufficiently that he'll probably just bench my player.

I think my player is about to hold a press conference in his driveway, do some situps and say stupid stuff to reporters.  He also bought stock in Sharpie.  He is a bad seed, but I think if he was on a different team he would be a star.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Strazos

Reply #441 on: July 24, 2008, 02:36:33 PM

You guys get so many tackles because teams are so scared to come to BBS's and my side with any sort of consistency.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: July 24, 2008, 03:41:50 PM

I get pulled on every 3rd and long for the nickel and dime packages , so I don't get to see many passes my way.  As for Doc, I agree completely. 

2nd string ftw!

I started a new job a little bit ago, so the offseason came at the right time, since I need to do some reading from the looks of it.

I'm ready for a new season dammit!

edit: Holy crap I need to start doing some proofreading before I press submit.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:30:54 AM by murdoc »

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #443 on: July 24, 2008, 08:01:42 PM

I'm going camping until tuesday tomorrow, if anyone wants to get my players onto teams that'd be cool.

el6t6one/g04llp4ss is the login/pass (its easy to remember..)

-William Gibson
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: July 24, 2008, 10:45:06 PM

Wow - I'd be worried some lurker would retire my players.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: July 25, 2008, 06:08:11 AM

swamp poop
Strazos

Reply #446 on: July 25, 2008, 03:22:41 PM

Seeing no other options, I went into the FA market, and got flooded with offers on both my DT and OT.

I demanded 1-season deals, so they'll both be available for F13 teams next season if they're needed.

I was actually surprised at the offers I got....though I guess it was expected, as I was very specific in my adverts.

EDIT: Just for kicks, I'll see what I can do with Hoax's players. For his benefit, I changed his pw immediately. DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 03:24:48 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
Strazos

Reply #447 on: July 25, 2008, 03:34:20 PM

Wow, putting all 12 or whatever of his players up on the block AT THE SAME TIME....

Not a good idea, lulz.  ACK!

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #448 on: July 26, 2008, 09:45:36 AM

I need any and all players over level 10. I am giving up on even attempting to compete this season. The system is totally fucked for owners. Cute, since they are actually PAYING TO PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

Please send me a PM on GLB with your player profiles so I can send you offers.

Strazos

Reply #449 on: July 26, 2008, 12:35:31 PM

How is the system screwed? Just asking; I managed to get most of Hoax's players recruited easily enough.

Fear the Backstab!
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: July 26, 2008, 12:39:56 PM

I need any and all players over level 10. I am giving up on even attempting to compete this season. The system is totally fucked for owners. Cute, since they are actually PAYING TO PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

Please send me a PM on GLB with your player profiles so I can send you offers.

I coulda boosted my guys over 10 (they are all at 10 now), but I just signed them to teams yesterday. :(

- Viin
Strazos

Reply #451 on: July 26, 2008, 12:47:47 PM

Yeah, I did all my signing yesterday too.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: July 26, 2008, 06:04:17 PM

My DT just got traded to some crappy...Oh wait. It's to WAP's team.

Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: July 26, 2008, 06:23:03 PM

Signed my SS onto WAP's team.  I'll boost once the next season rolls over, so that'll help a little, probably.  As always, if you've got ideas on how you'd like me to level him, let me know. 

Edit:  I just noticed I'm the only SS.  If getting a different build of gear would help at all, let me know and I'll regear a bit. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 06:27:12 PM by Mazakiel »
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: July 26, 2008, 06:29:52 PM

I just got a totally random trade offer for Robb Banks... if you want any of your players, you know you just have to ask.

My only non-CC player is a level 7 QB.  If you find yourself in any situations like we did with CB last season, let me know what you need and I'll roll up whatever for you in a D League this year.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz  
Jump to: