Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:55:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goalline Blitz  (Read 166097 times)
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: August 11, 2008, 11:37:03 AM

Crap.  My work's SurfControl finally blocked the direct IP link.  So, GLB is blocked both ways.  Any way to circumvent this?  I hate having to actually work.   wink
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: August 11, 2008, 12:40:12 PM

Set your home computer up as a relay?

Pavarotti4
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: August 13, 2008, 11:17:18 PM

Brown Trout was one of the teams that got cheated, and many of the quoted forum posts were from members of that team. They are a team full of players from 2+2, the largest poker poker community (where I also read and post). They were part of the impetus to get things investigated and were eventually vindicated.

Hey all!   I got a few players that may of be of service:

Punter, Free Safety, QB, Fullback, and Center I am currently making more players because I have 1800+ flex points and would love to help!  So please tell me how I could help the cause.

AIM: Pavarotti4
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #493 on: August 14, 2008, 07:40:59 AM

So please tell me how I could help the cause.
Stop making characters and save your FPs for boosts and custom gear.
WayAbvPar

Reply #494 on: August 14, 2008, 08:17:58 AM

Brown Trout was one of the teams that got cheated, and many of the quoted forum posts were from members of that team. They are a team full of players from 2+2, the largest poker poker community (where I also read and post). They were part of the impetus to get things investigated and were eventually vindicated.

Hey all!   I got a few players that may of be of service:

Punter, Free Safety, QB, Fullback, and Center I am currently making more players because I have 1800+ flex points and would love to help!  So please tell me how I could help the cause.

AIM: Pavarotti4

Get all your players signed up with D League teams ASAP and start earning XP. Let me know when you hit double digits in levels.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: August 14, 2008, 09:10:51 AM

Nobody biting on my lvl 9 QB. Too hard to compete with guys who will boost and have custom gear, I guess.
WayAbvPar

Reply #496 on: August 14, 2008, 10:32:07 AM

There are a ton of QBs. If you have a decent build and don't mind backing up, you should be able to find a gig eventually. Have you tried using the Marketplace and Players Looking For Teams forum?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #497 on: August 14, 2008, 11:38:54 AM

Yep.
Quote from: Steve Jung
Even though I have decent throwing and basically well-rounded stats, my main skill is keeping the bench warm for your starting QB. Nothing can throw off the star's game like a cold tush, don't let it happen to your Field General. Let me keep that spot warm and you are sure to go straight to the Championship.

Also, I'll take a minute to thank WAP for hiring Barry. He's outperforming the higher level WR on the Chiefs :) Hell, he's leading the team. Given the opposition levels, I'm amazed at his output.

Also also, lulz: http://goallineblitz.com/game/compare_teams.pl?team1=56&team2=3024 f13 extreme cage match!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 11:57:33 AM by Sky »
Bokonon
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: August 14, 2008, 01:11:12 PM

Get all your players signed up with D League teams ASAP and start earning XP. Let me know when you hit double digits in levels.

I have http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=648954 on a crap human team. If I could get on an f13 team, that'd be keen. Maybe he'd trade me? I'm a backup anyway.
WayAbvPar

Reply #499 on: August 14, 2008, 02:03:21 PM

Argh. I JUST signed (or traded for, can't remember) our 4th DE, so you would be like 5th on the chart and get crap for PT. If you are getting more than 20 plays on your team now, you are probably best of staying there. I have a shitload of expiring contracts early next season, so I will probably have room for you then. If you were a WR, I could use you NOW- still have a goddamned CPU reciever getting snaps.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #500 on: August 14, 2008, 04:11:12 PM

Makes me want to roll up a WR or something.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: August 15, 2008, 07:05:02 AM

Argh. I JUST signed (or traded for, can't remember) our 4th DE, so you would be like 5th on the chart and get crap for PT. If you are getting more than 20 plays on your team now, you are probably best of staying there. I have a shitload of expiring contracts early next season, so I will probably have room for you then. If you were a WR, I could use you NOW- still have a goddamned CPU reciever getting snaps.

We could release either Greenshoes or Stretch from CC to the Chiefs, as they are getting very few snaps, and sign them for your team.  I have no problems with that, and as always I have no expectations to start, just hopefully get like 30 plays a game.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: August 15, 2008, 07:16:14 AM

I should kill my QB and make a WR with his points.
WayAbvPar

Reply #503 on: August 15, 2008, 08:09:02 AM

We could release either Greenshoes or Stretch from CC to the Chiefs, as they are getting very few snaps, and sign them for your team.  I have no problems with that, and as always I have no expectations to start, just hopefully get like 30 plays a game.

I wouldn't want to jeopardize CC, since that is actually a decent team. However, if Sauced agrees, that would work for me. The more friendly faces on the Chiefs, the better chance I will have of quelling the eventual riot  ACK!

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: August 15, 2008, 08:55:15 AM

Fuck those assholes. Bitching at you as if their buddy didn't fuck his team over.

WAP, do you want another WR if I ditch the QB? They seem to get decent snaps in D-league and I got a few human offers at the end of Barry's contract. Making a QB is awful unless you have a team at the end of the cpu contract, there's literally no way Steve is going to get hired by anyone but f13 teams. So no way he'll be hired at all, I guess.

I can make pretty much any position if you want, given the d-league lag time involved. How about a free safety  why so serious?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 08:58:55 AM by Sky »
WayAbvPar

Reply #505 on: August 15, 2008, 09:42:23 AM

I have another baby WR I started a couple of days ago, but WRs (especially ones with non-retarded builds) seem to be pretty scarce. Same for CBs. If your build is good at either position you will have no trouble finding work even if CC or CC can't use you immediately. It will only get worse if/when they add more teams (which will also give your QB a good shot, especially if he has a good build).

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: August 15, 2008, 10:08:24 AM

It just bums me out seeing him stuck at level 9 with no team and no prospect for a team (since I can't afford to boost or buy custom gear for him). That would be the problem with a CB or WR, too, even if Barry seems to get by ok so far. Also, I already have a WR and CB :)

Just throwing the offer on the table.
WayAbvPar

Reply #507 on: August 15, 2008, 10:17:16 AM

Have you done the Marketplace and/or posted in the Players Looking for Teams forum (or checked the opposite)? You might also scan the lowest level leagues and see if any team has a CPU backup at QB. Highly doubtful you will get a starting gig, but I would think there would be room for a backup somewhere.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #508 on: August 15, 2008, 10:58:43 AM

I started a WR in the offseason, and until 2 days ago he was the only non-CPU WR on the team.  Needless to say, he is leveling fast.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=771372

I'd rather he kept getting 50+ snaps a game in a D-league than 10 for the Chiefs (the QB could have gotten another level or 2 before moving up to no play time), but he's there for you also.
WayAbvPar

Reply #509 on: August 15, 2008, 11:31:28 AM

Yeah, offensive backups aren't getting a lot of snaps for the Chiefs  ACK!

We can put him on P/K coverage if you want to get a few more!

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: August 15, 2008, 12:28:29 PM

I'm trying very hard to not lash out at that bwoods guy who owns the FS. He refuses to understand how CC got fucked over and is outlevelled in the league. He keeps saying he's trying to help, but he posted one (pretty fucking basic) defensive setup. Sauced told him it did help. He bitched about management and made passive/aggressive remarks about his remaining contract time. Then I snapped (sorry) and made a snide remark about his bitching and he made another comment about his contract.

So I'm keeping my mouth shut in case you wanted to try and keep him for the levels, but personally, I'd rather lose without that douchebag than lose with him.

Of course it sucks losing every damned game. You guys aren't the problem here, though. Gah. Just had to vent about that.
WayAbvPar

Reply #511 on: August 15, 2008, 12:33:53 PM

I sent him a PM to STFU (but I was very polite). If he doesn't respond soon (he is online, so I know he read it), I will just revoke his forum access. If he is a dick about it I will take his player off the depth chart completely and he can go his 11 days without any game XP.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: August 15, 2008, 01:07:54 PM

...but personally, I'd rather lose without that douchebag than lose with him.

Amen, Brother.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #513 on: August 15, 2008, 01:43:46 PM

So I'm keeping my mouth shut in case you wanted to try and keep him for the levels, but personally, I'd rather lose without that douchebag than lose with him.

Yeah. It's one thing to hate losing, it's another to piss and moan and talk about how your contract is up in 11 days. I'd be all for dropping him to the bench for those remaining 11 days if he doesn't up the shut fuck.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: August 15, 2008, 02:05:05 PM

As backup freesafety, I fully support this!

kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: August 15, 2008, 02:36:12 PM

Yeah bwoods is hard to take...but I didn't want to piss him off since I didnt know if you wanted him around.  He does have a good build IMO.

A cancer is a cancer...

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #516 on: August 16, 2008, 04:34:46 PM

Hey, I'm wondering...are there any character I could make today that one of our F13 teams would have a need for next season?

Any class at all. I might even boost them.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

(really, I just have an itch to make another toon).

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #517 on: August 17, 2008, 12:07:29 AM

Yeah bwoods is hard to take...but I didn't want to piss him off since I didnt know if you wanted him around.  He does have a good build IMO.

A cancer is a cancer...

Someone steal his build #'s for the f13 databanks...

I'll have a pair of DE's and OT's for f13 teams to look at if they want after this season, also a punter, who so far sucks.  I think I'm going to kill him off.  So far my experience with positions breaks down like this to about L15

OL = You have a big advantage versus even level DL, hard to fuck up.
DL = Your fucked.  You get burned out like a motherfucker and hardly can make an impact unless your up against a nub, cpu or bad build.
CB = The most fun position I've built, well rounded even works; get that 48 speed.  Also scouting, gameplanning and switching your advanced tactics is huge for the DB's.
P = Probably needs to be min/max'd in crazy ways at this point, because its so simple.  Will not make another.

My second generation of players will probably be small, I'm thinking 2 CB's a DT and possibly another OT.  Might not make them for another season or two, depends on how much pressure I feel to boost my existing players come playoff time this season.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: August 17, 2008, 08:36:41 AM

WAP,

My level 10 WR is available.  I traded for him as his team had 7 WR so he needed a little more playing time than that.  I have him posted in the trade forums but I thought that he might be able to help you out.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=687337

Just let me know. 

Thanks.
WayAbvPar

Reply #519 on: August 18, 2008, 11:20:59 AM

Sent your owner a cash offer. Would love to shitcan the CPU receiver i am forced to use now.

B_Archy
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: August 19, 2008, 08:52:23 AM

You lot my want to check http://www.grid-iron.org as well. Though it's more of a management game than role playing ;)
schild
Administrator

Reply #521 on: August 19, 2008, 09:20:55 AM

I'll leave that link because it is topical. But please, this isn't a forum for you to pimp some other shit while people are talking about some other other shit.
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: August 20, 2008, 09:24:02 PM

So, anyone in need of a SS and a DT when free agency hits at the end of season 4? (Or looking to trade even?)

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=548440
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=603983

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
WayAbvPar

Reply #523 on: August 21, 2008, 04:25:07 PM

I could possibly use one or both. Don't sign with anyone in the offseason until I know for sure!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Bokonon
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: August 21, 2008, 04:53:37 PM

My owner is going back to college and is letting his ownership lapse. If someone wants Tick N'Tiembom, you could probably wrangle a trade or sign me after the season.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz  
Jump to: