Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:54:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goalline Blitz  (Read 166096 times)
WayAbvPar

on: May 09, 2008, 01:30:40 PM

I am shocked this hasn't been posted (and if it has, the search engine sucks balls).

Goal Line Blitz- browser-based football game with RPG elements. Players can create players, buy teams, etc. Games are played out every 2 days via cheesy graphics. I have been poking around for just a few minutes and it seems like fun. If you sign up through my link, I earn Flex Points (the currency of the game), and will buy a team and stock it with F13 folks when I acquire enough points.

I haven't even played 1 game yet, but I am excited to see how things work. My only player atm.

Edit- List of F13 players so far-
Way AbvPar - (DT) - Level 3 (WAP)
* Olaf Facehammer - (HB) - Level 5 (Sauced)
* (Veredus' Player) - (DE) - Level 3 (Veredus)
* Hands Johnson - (WR) - Level 1 (Haemish)
* Lefteye Falconeer - (CB) - Level 13 (Falconeer)
* Ronnie Dobbs - (HB) - Level 4 (Threash)
* Stone Toombs - (FB) - Level 5 (Nazrat)
* Nazrat Jones - (LB) - Level 4 (Nazrat)
* Murdoc MacReady - (FS) - Level 2 (Murdoc)
* (Nebu's Player) - (?) - Level ? (Nebu)
*Trot Ski (LB)- Level ? (trotski)
Flex Pancaker (OT) - Level 4 -Bandit
Stretch McMillan (WR) - Level 4 (speccing as possesion WR)-Bandit
Jumbo Gapfiller (DT) - Level 4 (speccing for pure NT) 6'4" 332 :P-Bandit
Crush McStomp - SS 6'4" 209lbs- Sky
Robb Banks- TE- WAP
JP Rankin- QB- WAP
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 12:39:13 PM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 01:40:07 PM

I'm on a CPU team this season, not quite sure what to make of it yet. 

I have a level 4 RB, will be a little higher at the end of the season, and will gladly accept any contract offers if you get a team started.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 01:45:25 PM

It actually is pretty fun. Owning a team will cost money though as there is some flex point upkeep cost every season so that's out for me. Although being the owner sounds like the most fun part. Also players can pay 100 flex points to boost (level) there players up to three times a season. 100 flex points = $1.00.

If you do get a team going I have a level 3 DE that is just a backup on another team that I would gladly bring over to your team. You would just need to trade for him with the team I am on atm. The owner is active and pretty nice so shouldn't be a problem.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 01:51:19 PM

I will probably invest a few bucks if/when I become an owner, but I want to see how things work first. I will definitely make some lopsided trades to get F13 folks on board though  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 10:06:17 PM

I signed up with a WR named Hands Johnson. Should I take an offer with a CPU team or wait on you to buy a team?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 02:35:56 AM

I am shocked this hasn't been posted (and if it has, the search engine sucks balls).

It HAS been! Twice!

Here and here

Owning a team costs 1000 flex points for 2 seasons which is 8 dollars for 2 months (each season is 40-45 days). Upkeep is 400 flex/season. And yes, owning a team, especially a team of friends which is my case, is the best fun. That is because for the most part as a player you are just involved in a football-themed Progress Quest in between EVE (you have to set your skill trainings) and Diablo (or any other RPG where you assign 5 points to skills when you level up). Which is incredibly addictive, but the best part is trying to build up a good team, trading players, braggin (or being bragged on) on the owner boards and scouting your next opponent for a match you are probably going to lose anyway.

The game is a winner on so many levels. Money-wise it's a cash-cow. They are making a scary amount of money, and the business model is so simple and SO effective on such an addictive kind of game. As I said, they are printing dollars right now. And that is in an obviously pre-beta phase. You can't even reorder your team by statistics, so setting up the depth chart is a pain. I don't even want to know what will happen when this will turn (as it is, slowly) into something more polished and refined. And they now have all the money to do it.

Here's my team and players. As an expansion team, we suffered from missing the first season, which means 75% of our players missed 1 full season of XPing (Yes, the sooner you start, the better you'll be, for the first 10 seasons. Then older players will start retiring, careers lasting 10 years, and things will change in a very interesting way), but it's ok. We won 3 out of 7 and we are known as the "Expansion Heroes".  awesome, for real

And Haemish (and everyone else), WAP can't buy a team until the end of this season (which is the end of May IIRC) because there are no more Teams available. There will be new ones before Season 3 start but they will be bought in a matter of hours (I had to stay awake late at night pummeling the refresh button to get mine). While being in a team is the only way to make good XP, I don't know how it works with CPU team and if you can be released from your contract whenever you want (well, worst case scenario WAP will have to pay your CPU team a fee for your services). Beware signing up with human teams! While that is the smartest thing to do if you don't have a friend-owned team, it can backfire if you sign a too long contract as your owner will probably blackmail WAP when he goes asking for you. That happened to me: I had to pay ridiculous money to free my friends from the teams they were in.

Being part of a human team though is 150% better than being in a CPU team. Part of the fun/meaning of the game is to change your player tactics according to your coach directions, cheering or frowning upon wins/loss on the boards and definitely trying to snag a good contract (lotsa money for a short time) from your human owner (you'll need money for stat enhancing equipment, at level 8 you need 10k for example) and a starting position for the best XP. To get into a human team your best bet is to post in the "Players looking for team" forum after making your stats visible to everyone (the dropdown menu on the lower right corner of the player page), but if you get a contract offer try to explain to your owner that you could want to be released at the end of the season to join your friends. Most of them are smarty jackhobs, but some are good guys.

P.S: Not many knows that there's a workaround to watch your matches "live", reading the "play by play" while it is being generated. It almost gave me a heartattack on our last match as we were leading 17-13 and fumbled with 3 minutes left and we all started howling and blaspheming over Teamspeak, but it gives the game a whole new level of involvement. I guess they are keeping it quiet until they can unleash the feature in a more polished fashion.

As I said in my other post: "I could be wrong, but this is going to be the best hidden next big thing (as much as a browser based game can be)"

WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 08:47:15 AM

Thanks for the info, Falconeer. I was almost sure I had read something about it on here, but couldn't find it via search.

H- join a CPU team and start earning XP. My first game was this morning- no stats, but I got a little more than halfway to my next level.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 01:40:50 PM

I made a running back called ronnie dobbs, i think im lvl 4 now.  I'd love to join a real team.

I am the .00000001428%
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 01:17:57 PM

Oh yeah?  Well my RB just hit level 5!  So take that!

Olaf Facehammer will crush you.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 01:55:13 PM

f13 Team is greatly needed.
New purchasable teams should be available June 6th.

How to name it?
"RandomCityAcordingToTheLeagueWeFallIn" f13 Jackhobs?
"RandomCityAcordingToTheLeagueWeFallIn" f13 Useful Cynics?
"RandomCityAcordingToTheLeagueWeFallIn" f13 Terracotta Army?

I think this is bread for Schild's teeth. Or Signe's. Too bad Ironwood is not around.
Then we could have "official game jerseys" for sale on the f13 store.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 02:00:45 PM by Falconeer »

Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 02:25:09 PM

FB Stone Toombs just signed up and is already on a human team.  Everyone needs a FB.  :)

LB Nazrat Jones is also on board.  G House Johnson is ready to road grade. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 09:20:39 PM by Nazrat »
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 07:08:10 AM

I made a FS, Murdoc MacReady.

Dunno if you can view him, but here he is in all his John Lynchian glory Murdoc MacReady

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 07:11:00 AM

I'd love to play ILB or SS if you have a need. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 07:35:42 AM

Hands Johnson is now on the Oakland Pumas, and his team's first game is tomorrow against the Fresno Flames. Hopefully the fact that the team has a level 3 and level 4 wideout won't prevent me from getting some experience.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 08:43:08 AM

Good thing is you need a very few plays to get a good amount of XP, and on the other hand you won't get much benefit from playing over 40 plays.

Let's say that your first play give you lots of XP (I think as far as 300 XP at lower levels) while every single play after that gives you lot less.
There's not a huge XP difference between theplayer that gets into the field 15 times and the one who stays there for the whole match.

Then again, the higher your level, the less XP you get from playing and from training, so the gap between players will narrow eventually.

WayAbvPar

Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 09:01:40 AM

Took part in my 2nd game this morning, and finally got on the stat sheet with 1 whole tackle!

Keep the referrals coming! I will almost assuredly cover the remaining cost for Flex Points with cash, but it would be nice to mitigate it somewhat with filthy referral lucre.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 11:56:01 AM

I got 3 receptions for 22.5 yards in my first game today, with 535 XP. Phear the Hands.

WayAbvPar

Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 02:41:54 PM

Wow- my buddy made a WR and hasn't had a catch in two games yet. You must have chosen a better team.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 02:49:38 PM

I've had 2 18 carry 90 yard games, and was up against a shitty run defense.  Looking forward to my best game yet, I find myself benched, with 4 2nd half carries for 20 yards.

Boo!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 05:57:04 AM

I was benched :(

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 06:19:31 AM

WAP, what about a list of the f13 players for eventual next year Bat Country team?

I'd do it (and I'll do it here), but I guess you have to put that (and edit it, and update it) on the OP.

* Way AbvPar - (DT) - Level 3 (WAP)
* Olaf Facehammer - (HB) - Level 5 (Sauced)
* (Veredus' Player) - (DE) - Level 3 (Veredus)
* Hands Johnson - (WR) - Level 1 (Haemish)
* Lefteye Falconeer - (CB) - Level 13 (Falconeer)
* Ronnie Dobbs - (HB) - Level 4 (Threash)
* Stone Toombs - (FB) - Level 5 (Nazrat)
* Nazrat Jones - (LB) - Level 4 (Nazrat)
* Murdoc MacReady - (FS) - Level 2 (Murdoc)
* (Nebu's Player) - (?) - Level ? (Nebu)

Love this thing.
My team is 5-5 now and we are going to face our arch-rivals in 2 days (We are Odessa Ajejes, they are Odessa Outlaws. We are both 5 - 5 with Playoff hopes)

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 07:40:31 AM

Great find, I was looking for something like this.  I have also dabbled with Front Office football, but I think this maybe more my style.

Flex Pancaker (OT) - Level 4
Stretch McMillan (WR) - Level 4 (speccing as possesion WR)
Jumbo Gapfiller (DT) - Level 4 (speccing for pure NT) 6'4" 332 :P

Would love to join F13 team if we get it going.
WayAbvPar

Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 07:53:19 AM

My next game is in 20 minutes. Yay!

If you sign up through my referral link, make sure to make a player, and then log in every couple of days. Once it sees that you are playing and not just referral whoring, I get credit for the referral.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 08:59:00 AM

I just realized Threash named his RB Ronnie Dobbs. 

Can't a man control his bitch with violence?

Anyway, I finally read the faq, and learned a very important lesson.  Only 1/5th of points per level should go to a skill, the rest attributes.  My MMOG brain just did what seemed obvious (all points in Stiff Arm and Don't F'n Fumble!) I'm a little gimped stat-wise for a level 5, so I got 2nd string.  2 levels of "all training and 5 points in stamina" should fix it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 09:02:02 AM

Yeah, I realized that stamina is uber-important AFTER I leveled a couple of times, so that is what I am training and what I will pour all my skill points in next level (909/1000 to 4th).

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 09:23:36 AM

Yes, Stamina usually gives you more playtime, hence more XP.

WayAbvPar

Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 09:24:44 AM

I broke down and bought some Flex Points, and now have a level 1 QB and a level 1 TE. I managed to find teams that allowed them to start right away, so hopefully they will get some good experience. I have enough FP to buy a team when the time comes as well.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 09:38:27 AM

I just realized the importance of Stamina myself, so have all my guys training for it.  It seems at least 20 is sufficient in Stamina?  Also see lots of builds with "Vision" specced, anyone know if that is used at all positions.  I figured it was a QB thing.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 09:59:48 AM

Go to the forum, there is a "guild to building characters" thread.  It seems that Stamina is different for each position.  Running (with or without the ball), Tackling, and Getting Tackled apparently cause the most "damage" (Breath in game), reduced by higher stamina.  When you damage is low, you get put on the bench.  While on the bench, you regain Breath - regen rate based on Stamina. 

Your max Breath for a game is based on your Energy at kickoff, so watch your between-game training.

Watching some play by play of my teams last game, it's ridiculous how often the CPU changes QBs.  Every throw on one series was by a different guy.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 10:42:35 AM

Crush McStomp - SS 6'4" 209lbs
WayAbvPar

Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 11:33:52 AM

Looks like we need some more OTs, and maybe another WR and LB.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 11:46:08 AM

I have 200 points, I can make whatever.

Also, I trolled my CPU teams forum, and the Punter and PK owner wants to join us as long as he can be the uncontested starter(s).  Don't think that's a problem.  Should I send him over here?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:48:47 AM by Sauced »
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 12:12:16 PM

I broke down and bought flex points.  This game is addicting.

Here is my list of players.

FB Stone Toombs  http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=385813
He starts at the USA Pro level.

LB Nazrat Jones http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=386241

G House Johnson http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=387721

HB Anvil Hammer  http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=391199

G Biscuit Williams  http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=406416

All except Biscuit are signed onto human teams and have been boosted. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 12:38:04 PM

I have 200 points, I can make whatever.

Also, I trolled my CPU teams forum, and the Punter and PK owner wants to join us as long as he can be the uncontested starter(s).  Don't think that's a problem.  Should I send him over here?

Let's give a couple of days to see if we get any more F13 folks before we outsource. If no one wants to go P/PK, we can definitely recruit outside.

New server tonight, so hopefully that will speed things up some.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 12:49:14 PM

Of course, of course.  Just putting it out there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz  
Jump to: