Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:26:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  (Read 83693 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #280 on: February 03, 2008, 08:23:07 PM

HAHAHAHA FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to say eat a shit sandwich Brady and Bellicheck.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #281 on: February 03, 2008, 09:29:43 PM

Fuck the giants. No love here. Fuck underdogs too.
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: February 03, 2008, 10:22:59 PM

And fuck Eli Manning. (And yes, I do mean that in the gayest way possible.)

I realize only now that I didn't give a shit about either team playing in the superbowl this year.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: February 03, 2008, 10:26:24 PM

Go Giants!

But the game provided one of the most moronic and stupid things I have heard all week.

Ok, I am at work. I work in Connecticut.  

One of my co workers loudly wonders how anyone could be happy the Giants won.

I chime in that I was happy they won and have been a fan for over 20 years.

She meanly tells me that I am clearly not a New Englander.

I reply that I have lived in this state all my life and was born here.

She told me to get out of the state and go to New York.  awesome, for real

And this folks, is why I hate New England sports fans.

Apparently mulitmillion dollar ENTERTAINMENT organizations who only care about how much money they can make off us are really special or some shit.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #284 on: February 03, 2008, 11:43:11 PM

I'll hand it to the giants for one thing -- that damn sack, second down (?), last minute. That's animated gif worthy for sure.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: February 04, 2008, 12:11:47 AM

HAHAHAHA FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to say eat a shit sandwich Brady and Bellicheck.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Gotta love the so called coach of the year running out like a little bitch at the end.    Cheaters never win :D

As a cowboys fan I have to hate the giants but I have to give them props for manhandling the patriots.  THANK FUCKING GOD. 
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #286 on: February 04, 2008, 12:17:18 AM

I must have missed him running off like that. There was that confusion on the final second, so I left the room. I remember Bellicheck thinking the game was over though, and he came out and hugged Coughlin. Unless you guys were expecting him to give him a blowjob, I don't see what he was being a bitch about.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: February 04, 2008, 12:25:47 AM

I must have missed him running off like that. There was that confusion on the final second, so I left the room. I remember Bellicheck thinking the game was over though, and he came out and hugged Coughlin. Unless you guys were expecting him to give him a blowjob, I don't see what he was being a bitch about.

I may have missed thtat being as drunk as I am but he was in the tunnel with time left on the clock.  Didn't see the hug and whatnot but being at a  bar colors my peception a little.  Hell things will be clearer tomorroe but for now the perfect season is the dolphins alone and I am happy. 
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: February 04, 2008, 02:43:52 AM

If Strahan or the other DE didn't get MVP, they're doing it wrong.  Those two guys played lights out every single play.

They gave the car to Eli  Ohhhhh, I see.

Edit:
Oh, and whoever said some "nerd" would record the ads and put them an yt:
www.nfl.com/videos

They just did it themselves to save the nerd some time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 02:59:13 AM by Bungee »

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #289 on: February 04, 2008, 05:10:42 AM

And I got a hundred and fifty bucks out of this. Sweet. (I knew it. I knew it since forever).

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #290 on: February 04, 2008, 06:53:55 AM

I don't see how you could call that a boring game. Great defensive game, I loved it. The Pats secondary was all over the place and the G-Men were dominant on the line. Dominant. I think Osi howeveryouspellhislastname was a contender for MVP until Eli made that scramble play. That's legendary football, the underdog stands up to take his place in the most perfect way possible, the qb's dream to have the ball with 4 timeouts and the game on the line, just enough time to drive down for the TD. Almost the perfect game imo.

On the negative front, cut Plaxico. He kept giving up on his routes and my boss (who's a crazy Steelers fan) was always bitching about him doing that in Pitt. The Gints are a pretty good team without the deadwood like the dropsy Tiki.

Great moments outside the game: Peyton cheering on the game-winning TD and (41 yr old) Feagles telling his wife and kids "Just take it all in."
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: February 04, 2008, 07:05:29 AM

They gave the car to Eli  Ohhhhh, I see.

Plax put such a move on that DB that anyone in the stands could have completed that last TD pass.  Just saying.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #292 on: February 04, 2008, 08:40:34 AM

HOLY SHIT

Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning.

One just kind of chokes on the thought. I have talked so much shit about Eli and the Giants all season, and they fucking win the Super Bowl. And they didn't just win it, they DESERVED TO WIN based on their play. Their defense made plays. Their coverage guys made plays, and their coverage guys have been shitty most of the year. Eli threw one pick that was completely not his fault and completed two TD drives against an aging but talented defense.

Say what you want about Plaxico Burress. He's played the entire season on a sprained ankle with torn ligaments. He didn't practice all year, but started every game and played hurt. Yeah, he may give up on some routes, but some guys (Randy Moss) wouldn't have played hurt like he did. And he put a good move on that DB at the end.

Their Defensive Line won them that game, pure and simple. Great pressure, stopped the run and plastered Brady a number of times.

That Tyree catch after the Manning amazo-scramble was, as others have said, legendary. The Giants deserved that win and I'm glad they got it, no matter how much of a douchebag I think Eli was on draft day. He proved me wrong, because I thought he was never going to be more than an average QB. I think he visit Tiki Barber on the set and drop a fruit basket on his shoulder. And I don't mean the kind with shrink wrap and assorted fruits, either.

WayAbvPar

Reply #293 on: February 04, 2008, 08:44:25 AM

Ding dong, the witch is dead!

Couldn't have happened to a bigger bunch of cocksucking cheating assholes. Hopefully their plane will make a sudden uncontrolled flight into the Rockies on the way back home.

I am not a Giants fan by any stretch, so I was vaguely nauseous rooting for them. My wife, who (other than the Seahawks) is a very casual football fan, was jumping around and yelling during the last drive. Proof positive that it ain't hard to hate the Patriots.

Eat a dick, Belichick. Hopefully crazy old Arlen will take you down a peg or twelve.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #294 on: February 04, 2008, 09:09:08 AM

Giants Defencive Line won that game. How Eli gets MVP I don't know?  Does it just go to the QB automaticly now?

"Me am play gods"
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #295 on: February 04, 2008, 09:19:17 AM

Giants Defencive Line won that game. How Eli gets MVP I don't know?  Does it just go to the QB automaticly now?

Based on the amount of cock-sucking the commentators do to the QBs during the season, I'd say yes.

I may have missed thtat being as drunk as I am but he was in the tunnel with time left on the clock.  Didn't see the hug and whatnot but being at a  bar colors my peception a little.  Hell things will be clearer tomorroe but for now the perfect season is the dolphins alone and I am happy. 

Yeah, the clock had run out and everyone was on the field, the two coaches did the hug/ handshake thing and then the refs started pushing folks off because they'd put :01 back on the clock.  The NFL required there to be one more play (wtf, why?)  and after about 3 mins they got the field cleared and got the last snap in.  Billy was in the tunnel long before they got the field cleared, and may or may not have known the game wasn't officially over.   

I go with the 'dick move' version myself, based on the look on his face.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #296 on: February 04, 2008, 09:45:19 AM

The Super Bowl MVP isn't like Madden's horse trailer, you generally have to pick one person.  Tuck, Osi, Strahan and Mitchell (and various others) all had big impacts on defense and it's hard to single out a single player that made the biggest one (personally I think it was Tuck).   

I don't see much fault in giving the MVP to a QB that led two fourth quarter touchdown drives when his team needed it the most and was 1/2 of one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history.

-Rasix
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #297 on: February 04, 2008, 10:10:57 AM

And I got a hundred and fifty bucks out of this. Sweet. (I knew it. I knew it since forever).
You watch football?  For some reason, I wasn't expecting that.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: February 04, 2008, 10:18:09 AM

Baring a RB running for some crazy-retarded amount of yardage or a complete shut-out by a defensive player (the Giants rotated their D-line throught the game to keep 'em fresh so it was really their whole line) it'll usually go to the QB.  Field general and all.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #299 on: February 04, 2008, 11:36:57 AM

Oh, and the only reason I wanted NE to win this game so we didn't have to hear from those insufferable 72 Dolphin pricks ever again.

Yeah, because hearing from the insufferable 07 Patriots pricks for another 40 years would have been awesome.  At least the Dolphins are going to die soon.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #300 on: February 04, 2008, 11:37:47 AM

Do you know something we don't, Sidereal?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #301 on: February 04, 2008, 11:38:26 AM

It wasn't great watching the Giants win because I don't like the Giants either, but I'm sick of the Boston teams. I want them all to get ground into dust for the next few decades so their fans will shut up again.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #302 on: February 04, 2008, 11:40:49 AM

Get the t-shirt!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: February 04, 2008, 11:42:07 AM

At least the Dolphins are going to die soon.

ACK!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #304 on: February 04, 2008, 11:42:19 AM

Yes

It wasn't great watching the Giants win because I don't like the Giants either, but I'm sick of the Boston teams. I want them all to get ground into dust for the next few decades so their fans will shut up again.

The problem is that when Boston fans are losing they blanket the whole fucking country with their somber suffering and curse bullshit.  Like their pain is so much more important than everyone else's.  I'm rooting for them to hover in .500 mediocrity for the next 50 years.  Except the Bruins.  They're alright.

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: February 04, 2008, 01:36:34 PM

Yes

The problem is that when Boston fans are losing they blanket the whole fucking country with their somber suffering and curse bullshit.  Like their pain is so much more important than everyone else's.  I'm rooting for them to hover in .500 mediocrity for the next 50 years.  Except the Bruins.  They're alright.

Living in CT all my life is probably why I have such low interest in sports and what interest I do have is not for local teams.
New England sports fans are complete fucking morons who take entertainment too seriously.  (Like the old bitch I mentioned in this thread earlier.)
I mention playing tabletop RPGs?  I am a big loser OMG.
Yet babbling endlessly about the Red Sox or Patriots is perfectly fucking acceptable.
(And my passtime doesn't have 2-3 hours of NOTHING in between the 1 hour actually worth giving a shit about.)
Both things are merely pleasant time wasters that should be better spent improving the world in some way.

Just once has been decreed as a socially acceptable thing to do, blat on about endlessly, and treat as far more important than it really is.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #306 on: February 04, 2008, 02:09:57 PM

Wait.. I thought you were a giants fan. Are you saying that you're just glad the pats lost because umm... you feel ostracized in your locale for playing tabletop games? Hmm.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #307 on: February 04, 2008, 03:01:59 PM

<Comparisons>

Did you just make comparisons between talking about sports and talking about tabletop RPGs? The reason talking about local sports is considered "normal" by the average populace is that a very large percentage of the populace has played them at some point in their lives. That, and it's something you can rally around with your colleagues because it's a common experience. You all watched the same game, and then you can interpret the results in your own way.

Gaming (PC, RPG, TCG, etc.) don't have that same connection. You can't go up to your colleagues and go MAN, did you catch that M:TG tournament on FOX? What a jackass that guy was for pulling out that card in the 5th round, huh? It's a niche time-waster that always have varied results. Inevitably you aren't talking about the same experiences; you are simply comparing your own experiences at best. The lack of common experience sort of makes the conversation dull in my book. I've tried talking about WoW with people that play it. It's nowhere near as amusing as talking about hockey, or the Superbowl, or college football conferences and matchups and BCS controversy.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: February 04, 2008, 03:36:11 PM

Sports that require skill, physics and intelligence usually win the overall interest contest over (mind-)sports relying mostly on intelligence and luck.

That said, it was an awesome SB. Luckily I'm around a lot of football nerds here in Austria so I could enjoy those 8 hours (starting 8pm to 1am kickoff time- nearly dropped my exam today) of pure show and sports with people who are as passionate as anyone in the US could be about that game.

We too couldn't get our behind-ends back on our seats the final minutes of the game- most exciting SB I've ever seen (starting with the Pats "can I kick it?" over the rams). I just love games that are dominated by defenses though they are facing offenses that are usually more than capable of scoring.

And I think I already said it, but those pats really deserved that. Even by just being able to get coverage via nfl.com and their videos, you really could get a feeling of the pricketness (spellcheck?) they presented while you had a fun having bunch on the other side.

But, season's over- looking forward to the draft already and seeing my beloved steelers playing again in 7 months- my local cable-tv provider finally got NASN into their program  Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak!!

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: February 04, 2008, 05:02:28 PM

Wait.. I thought you were a giants fan. Are you saying that you're just glad the pats lost because umm... you feel ostracized in your locale for playing tabletop games? Hmm.

I am.
The Patriots losing is just doubly rad.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
(To quote Homer Simpson:  IT WORKS ON SO MANY LEVELS!)
Actually, I would have been happy for the Pats to have lost to just about anyone but the Cowboys.
I just enjoy the misery of New England area sports fans because they take this shit entirely too seriously.
Then again, a great many of the world's problems come from taking shit too seriously.

Now you know it!

AND THUS, YOU CAN'T UN.. KNOW IT.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:05:24 PM by Jain Zar »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #310 on: February 05, 2008, 02:14:27 AM

Why? I watch and enjoy football AND american football. I love them both, for different reasons.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #311 on: February 05, 2008, 08:44:33 AM

Why? I watch and enjoy football AND american football. I love them both, for different reasons.

So do I. Nothing wrong with loving football of all kinds.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #312 on: February 05, 2008, 08:49:26 AM

Nah, thats fine, it's just that your not American as I recall (where the hell are you from actually?), and I was under the impression very few people outside the US watch Football.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #313 on: February 05, 2008, 08:58:50 AM

Dude?  NFL Europe?  It's huger than Hasselhoff over there.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #314 on: February 05, 2008, 12:27:41 PM

That really deserves a more vivid shade of green.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  
Jump to: