Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:16:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  (Read 83811 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

on: December 30, 2007, 09:15:56 PM

Post your predictions each week for the upcoming Playoff games, one round at a time.
Scoring is 1 point for correct first and second round predictions, 2 points for the League Championship, and 4 points for the Superbowl.

First Round:
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh
Tennessee at San Diego
Washington at Seattle
N.Y. Giants at Tampa Bay
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 08:40:39 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 09:18:03 PM

Jacksonville
San Diego
Seattle
New York
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 09:24:03 PM

Jax
SD

Sea
TB

Do we pick all the way to SB now or just the first round?

If its all the way here we go.

Jax v NE = NE
SD v Indy = Indy

TB v Dal = Dal
Sea v GB = GB

NE v Indy = NE
Dal v GB = GB

NE v GB = NE

Here's my order of non-hatred:
Green Bay
Tampa
LT ahem San Diego
Wash
Dal
Sea
Tenn
Jax
Indy
NYG
Pitt
NE

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 09:29:37 PM

One round at a time.

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 09:35:49 PM

Jacksonville
San Diego
Washington
New York

I think Portis is playing his best and will do enough to get Washington another game. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 09:59:54 PM

New York
Washington
Jacksonville
San Diego

Dal vs Wash - Dal wins
GB vs NY - NY wins
Dal vs NY - Dal wins

NE vs Jax - Jax wins (super upset extravaganza!)
Indy vs SD - Indy wins
Jax vs Indy - Indy wins

SB is Dal vs Indy and Dallas will win it all.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 10:16:41 PM

Pitt
Tennessee
Washington
Tampa

Yeah, it's a little out there.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 10:43:01 PM

Jacksonville
San Diego
Seattle
TB

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 08:00:14 AM

Pitt
SD
Seattle
NYG

I have never played WoW.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 08:03:11 AM

Jacksonville
Tennessee
Washington
Tampa Bay
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 11:39:13 AM

I hate all of you except for Paelos and Shiznitz.  That said, the Steelers are going to lose hard.

Jacksonville
San Diego
Seattle
NY
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 11:45:27 AM

Ooops, wish I would have seen this thread first:

Anyway, repeated from other NFL thread:

Wild Card Round winners:

Jacksonville
Tennessee
Washington
NY Giants

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 11:52:35 AM

I hate all of you except for Paelos and Shiznitz.

Why? We've got the same picks.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 12:03:41 PM

Because they're the only ones with confidence in the Steelers.  And I'm ashamed of myself for expecting them to fail, as I always am.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 12:10:42 PM

Well, Jacksonville already beat them in Pittsburgh earlier this month. Might as well expect it to happen again.

Also, Fred Taylor is the shit.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 12:14:14 PM

Because they're the only ones with confidence in the Steelers.  And I'm ashamed of myself for expecting them to fail, as I always am.

As much as I love the Steelers and root for them, to honestly appraise means I don't give them much chance. Parker exiting the season was a blow, but a bigger minus is that the defense, which I struggled in wonderment how they could be ranked #1 even earlier in the season, is not up to snuff, at least in terms of what a Steeler defense should look like…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 12:45:16 PM

Jacksonville
San Diego
Washington
Tampa Bay
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 12:46:53 PM

What the fuck is with all the Tampa love? The Giants fought Brady to the wire and you think Garcia is a danger? Yes, there are injury issues for Big Blue, but c'mon!

I have never played WoW.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 12:49:32 PM

What the fuck is with all the Tampa love? The Giants fought Brady to the wire and you think Garcia is a danger? Yes, there are injury issues for Big Blue, but c'mon!

You can't expect Eli to play 2 consistent games in a row.  That's crazy talk.
Pittsburgh
San Diego
Seattle
Tampa Bay
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 12:51:40 PM by JWIV »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 02:19:57 PM

The Giants are world-class CHOKERS under Coughlin. They don't win big games.

First Round:
Jacksonville - Pitt's defense is too banged up and soft this year, and not having Willie Parker is going to kill them against the Jags.
San Diego - Despite San Diego's inconsitency, they should win this game hands down, especially if Young is seriously hurt.
Seattle - I think the Skins have done about as much as they can on emotion. The team is not great on offense, despite Portis, and I don't expect them to travel well.
Tampa Bay - See above. Giants are massive choke artists. They will fold. Tampa's D is going to skullfuck Eli.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 02:55:31 PM

Jacksonville
San Diego
Seattle
Tampa Bay

"Me am play gods"
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 02:56:35 PM

Jacksonville
San Diego
Washington
Tampa Bay

Seconded.  this guy looks legit

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 03:14:32 PM

Seattle
Jax
Tampa
SD

Only game I expect to be especially close is Tampa v NY.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
LanTheWarder
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 05:59:30 PM

Jacksonville
Tennessee
Washington
Tampa Bay
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 10:59:51 AM

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh - too bad the Steel aren't healthy, because this would be the only game where both participants had a chance to make some noise later in the playoffs. The Steel D is down a safety and a half (if Polomalu plays at all that is) and a great run-stopping d-lineman. The o-line is a MASH unit as well, and (save Faneca) hasn't been playing well even when healthy. However, I'm a mindless homer. STEELERS

Tennessee at San Diego - Tennessee could win a playoff game. If they were in the NFC. Maybe. CHARGERS

Washington at Seattle - Seattle's pass offense vs the Skins pass D should make an entertaining game. I don't think Alexander will show up, and I think Portis will. REDSKINS.

N.Y. Giants at Tampa Bay - Tom Coughlin blew the Giant's wad getting a moral victory against the Pats in a meaningless game. I've never seen last week's moral victory make a tackle or a block. But what seals the deal is Eli vs one of the better pass defenses in the league. BUCS,

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 12:27:04 PM

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh - too bad the Steel aren't healthy, because this would be the only game where both participants had a chance to make some noise later in the playoffs. The Steel D is down a safety and a half (if Polomalu plays at all that is) and a great run-stopping d-lineman. The o-line is a MASH unit as well, and (save Faneca) hasn't been playing well even when healthy. However, I'm a mindless homer. STEELERS

Polamolu to play Saturday, practiced today… …spoke to family who all tell me that nobody in Pittsburgh is expecting them to win, so who knows, they could surprise… …lost another OL (Starks) too, and untested rookies and dudes from practice squad could get significant snaps… …not a good omen…

Wershlak
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 12:32:19 PM

Redskins  Heart
Bucs
Chargers
Jags
WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 03:36:31 PM

I would laugh at everyone banking on Todd fucking Collins to lead a team to playoff victory on the road, but the weather has a good chance of being shitty tomorrow, which will destroy Seattle's passing offense. I am actually mildly worried for the first time all week.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 03:43:03 PM

Seattle
Jax
TB
SD

Todd fucking Collins is going to remember he's old and fucking sucks pretty soon. Their emotion-ride is just about over. Besides the fact the Hawks are 3-0 in home playoff games the last two years. That being said, I'm with Par, I'm a lil worried about the weather. Alexander/Morris can't carry this team, they need Hasselbeck or they're done.

Xbox live: trotski44
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 05:47:10 PM

Jacksonville
San Diego
Seatle
New York

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 03:59:27 PM

This Wash/Seattle game just got interesting.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 04:13:35 PM

Go Washington!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 04:26:10 PM

Crazy swings in this game.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 04:30:05 PM

I'm glad I appear to have been wrong. 
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 04:45:18 PM

Argh!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  
Jump to: