Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:05:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Roll Call - Resubs and Noobs Sign in here! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roll Call - Resubs and Noobs Sign in here!  (Read 26378 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #70 on: January 27, 2008, 02:19:05 PM

If you fly Minmatar or Amarr, I have some BPs you might want. ANd just holler at me in game and ill get ya some cash.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: January 27, 2008, 02:36:08 PM

Yeah I'm Minmatar.  I'll catch ya in game.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: January 29, 2008, 07:59:38 PM

Just resubbed.

Sebiestor Helm.

Will try to jumpclone back to empire tonight.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 29, 2008, 08:28:27 PM

Not looking forward to moving 28 jumps away from the old F13 stomping grounds.  I really should just liquidate every single thing I have.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #74 on: January 29, 2008, 10:38:09 PM

Not looking forward to moving 28 jumps away from the old F13 stomping grounds.  I really should just liquidate every single thing I have.

Heh yeah it wasn't fun for me either.

HELM wb!!!

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: January 30, 2008, 11:00:58 AM

I got podded when I tried to sneak out of the station I was hibernating in.

Guess what ?

Since my clone in their facility could not be activated (still have a JC there, though) I awoke in the station with the Bat Country office. I sent my podder a "Thank you" message smiley

hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #76 on: February 16, 2008, 09:48:24 AM

I hate to necro a thread but you guys sound like you are having way to good of a time. My newbie amarr is Lanye Wanae.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #77 on: February 16, 2008, 05:48:23 PM

What does that mean to "necro" a thread?

Welcome back Hal!  Heart
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: February 16, 2008, 08:16:20 PM

It refers to necromancy or raising of the dead and such.  So, to necro a thread is to bring it back to front after it "died" (went inactive for a long time).

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #79 on: February 16, 2008, 09:29:46 PM

Er, since my cover's been blown and some of you haven't noticed, I'm playing as Samson Savage.  I've probably already bugged you in the F13 channel.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: February 17, 2008, 04:06:47 AM

<--Lala QD, I'll be upping my newbierific account here in the next day or so to pew pew with ya'll on weekends.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #81 on: February 17, 2008, 09:20:29 AM

I reapplied to the F13 corp. my what do we have here?
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: February 17, 2008, 11:06:51 AM

You have been reaccepted  this guy looks legit
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: February 17, 2008, 02:02:29 PM

Have I been reaccepted?  this guy looks legit
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #84 on: February 18, 2008, 06:18:55 AM

The f13 channel is quite active these days. Nice to have a channel with the blink going constantly, even if it is Nelke crying about noone joining his gangs! ;)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: February 18, 2008, 11:45:22 AM

Have I been reaccepted?  this guy looks legit

Which character? I see Alasara in BAT already.

- Viin
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: February 18, 2008, 03:20:15 PM

Reapped as Maaya, (Couldn't hack the lack of isk this guy looks legit)
I'm so glad to be reaccepted.

Now, are those Corp Drakes for sale if so how much?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #87 on: February 18, 2008, 03:22:38 PM

Now, are those Corp Drakes for sale if so how much?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
ditto

"Me am play gods"
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 18, 2008, 03:49:09 PM

The Drakes are available to everyone for the price of insurance *if* they are going to be used in PvP.

If you are going to carebear it with them you can buy them, convo me in game. (Irek Dabry)

- Viin
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: February 19, 2008, 07:18:39 AM

I've had a horrible month of gaming ennui -- when you have three paid game subs and a beta and you're watching food network reruns it's bad. A trial to Eve put an end to that really quickly and I ended up reactivating my old (5.8 million) account. As a miner industrialist concerned about her security rating, I'm not sure I'd be a good fit for the pirate life, but I'm lurking in the channel as Kharai.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #90 on: February 19, 2008, 10:16:01 AM

Every good pirate needs a billionaire industrialist to privately finance him.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: February 19, 2008, 02:18:20 PM

As a miner industrialist concerned about her security rating, I'm not sure I'd be a good fit for the pirate life, but I'm lurking in the channel as Kharai.

You know, since I'm now a big orange security threat on the overview, I bet gankers think a little bit more before trying to harass my barge.

Just a theory.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: March 10, 2008, 05:15:22 PM

I'm trying this again - EVE name is Deldrac.

I'm a Gallente drone whore, if that makes any odds.

How do I get hooked up with the leet f13 channel and/or corp again?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #93 on: March 10, 2008, 08:30:14 PM

Join the channel "F13" and head to sankkasen, science and trade institute and request to join.
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #94 on: March 15, 2008, 03:47:40 AM

Well, downloaded and ran through the first 12 missions or so in the recommended Caldari "PVE" build. Not too shabby I guess, though of course meh, it was PVE.

Willing to do my PVP character inline with whatever the PVP crew needs, build/ship wise, so any career/build paths recommended by the "leaders"? What is lacking in the setup that you normally have, and what do I need to char select/train/practice/buy to get there for ya?

Rumors of War
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: March 15, 2008, 03:57:43 AM

Well, downloaded and ran through the first 12 missions or so in the recommended Caldari "PVE" build. Not too shabby I guess, though of course meh, it was PVE.

Willing to do my PVP character inline with whatever the PVP crew needs, build/ship wise, so any career/build paths recommended by the "leaders"? What is lacking in the setup that you normally have, and what do I need to char select/train/practice/buy to get there for ya?

What's your character name and I'll send you some starting funds?

Re skills, the great thing about eve is that you can choose the sort of route that excites you, go down that a bit, learn about stuff you decide you like more and most often leverage what you've learned into that.  That said, the first really useful stuff new characters can do that really influences fights is tackling with warp jammers and webs to hold down targets, followed by ECM, which as a Caldari you're well placed for (you probably have the skills to fly a decent griffin, the Caldari ECM frigate, already).

For specific training paths, the goonfleet open pages have good advice: http://wiki.goonfleet.com/index.php?title=Recommended_Skill_Training_Guide

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #96 on: March 15, 2008, 04:22:35 AM

Right--already did all of the basic research from here, specifically the guides and such. What I'm more curious about is what does Bat Country need, right now, that folks aren't really too interested in doing? I would imagine you can only have so many tacklers/webbers before they are getting in each other's way?

One thing I did find a bit puzzling is figuring out paths to get the "right" skills post character creation--there are so many options out there for ships, fits, implants, etc. etc. that I don't really know yet which manuals to buy to get on the right skill up paths right off the bat. It's starting to make sense though ;)

I haven't created my pvp character yet--figured I'd do PVE a bit (first night or two anyway) to get a feel for the game itself so I could even know what I liked/didn't like. So far, the missions are leading me down the missile boat path--just finished up getting a Kestrel with 3 shield regen/3 missile launch points. I think I'm liking shield tanking, but honestly not too sure, since missiles and close up tanking obviously don't make a lot of sense. Of course, good shield tanking probably requires BS+ to fit in all of the various bennies, but I'll figure that out I guess when I get there.

Will take a look at the griffon--didn't see anything about it in the missions so far (went through the first two ship pretty quick, on to the second for a while, and then just got the kestrel before server shut down).

Will let you guys know tomorrow what my PVP guy's name is. So far, not having a big issue with credits on the farmer--missions seem to be taking him through pretty easily--my only death was due to the "It's a trap!" smartbomb mission that kind of sucked.

Think I need to figure out how to align with a warp gate, or something to that effect for those rapid escapes ;)

Rumors of War
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: March 15, 2008, 05:02:03 AM

As long as you don't use separate accounts there isn't really much point in training both a pve and a pvp character. 90% of the support skills will be same for both. There are things like EW or specific ships you will only use in pvp or salvaging and tractor beams which you will use mostly in pve but if you create two chars on the same account you will gimp both.

Kiting works wonders if you are long range fit and you want to make sure you can make a quick escape. As soon as you land on grid, doubleclick right next to a station in space to make your ship travel in that direction. Use your afterburner to dictate your optimal range and start picking of the rats that follow you. This way you can warp out in seconds to the station you are facing, traversal is minimised (not very important for a caldari char, I suppose) and you will minimise the damage you take because short range ships will have trouble hitting you.

Shield tanking is great in missions because your shields auto recharge as soon as you dock in a station, armor tanks have to run their reps in space to heal up which takes time and can be quite annoying when you are running a hard mission in which you have to warp out a couple of times to repair your ship.

As to pvp, usually the slot layout of your preferred ship will decide whether you shield or armor tank. In your eve career you will be doing them both so its not a bad idea to train up the basics on both of them.

What Bat Country needs the most is people who are having a good time in eve. Figure out what you like to fly, fly it on the ops and hang out.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:09:09 AM by lac »
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: March 15, 2008, 05:22:34 AM

just finished up getting a Kestrel with 3 shield regen/3 missile launch points.

Have you thought of fitting shield extenders instead of shield regen? It helped me to pew pew more instead of waiting for my cap to recharge and warping in/out. Also, if you ask, I'm sure someone in BAT or F13 would hit you up with some basic reactor controls so you can fit your fourth high slot.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: March 15, 2008, 05:25:08 AM

I can't remember if BAT has anyone training towards an interdictor right now.  So long as you don't completely straight-line it, you can have fun and train useful/enjoyable stuff (like inties) along the way.  But Interdictors are really useful...

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: March 15, 2008, 06:13:51 AM

I'll be in a sphere launching sabre in about a month
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:25:25 AM by lac »
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #101 on: March 15, 2008, 07:50:24 AM

I'm glad this thread was necro'd, because I couldn't find the name of the chat channel anywhere but here. It was so simple!

Witty banter not included.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: March 15, 2008, 08:30:49 AM

I can't remember if BAT has anyone training towards an interdictor right now.  So long as you don't completely straight-line it, you can have fun and train useful/enjoyable stuff (like inties) along the way.  But Interdictors are really useful...
Whoa, I am closer to interdictors than I thought. I might be able to pick up the skill on my way to HAC/Command ships.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: March 15, 2008, 08:55:12 AM

I have been for over a week now actaully, but it's a long train with Destroyers V, Caldadri Frigate V, Evasive Manuvering V, Engineering V and Propulsion Jamming V.  But thats my current heading, straight to flying a Flycatcher and picking up the stuff along the way.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #104 on: March 15, 2008, 09:58:38 AM

Ok, my PvP guy is Sun Tzoo 

Couple of questions:

--how do I join the F13 channel--can I do it from anywhere, or do I have to be somewhere specific?

--is there any way to transfer funds/items between two characters on the same account trivially? Have 500k isk and some fittings on my guy from last night I'd like to trade over to the new guy (better name, slightly different char build).

Rumors of War
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Roll Call - Resubs and Noobs Sign in here!  
Jump to: