Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:25:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Roll Call - Resubs and Noobs Sign in here! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roll Call - Resubs and Noobs Sign in here!  (Read 26381 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: December 07, 2007, 08:18:53 AM

I will probably be bringing an alt into f13, and a couple friends as well. Post your char name if you have interest in joining f13 corp. Space can be a lonely place without corp chat :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 08:41:11 AM

We've got f13 chat to stave off loneliness, but f13corp sounds like fun. I'm "Bhodi B"
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 09:02:13 AM

Nixel Ridan awesome, for real
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 09:11:04 AM

Are all of you people on US time? I'm perhaps not a noob skillpointwise, but I am in pvp experience and wouldn't mind some casual pewpew.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 09:16:43 AM

Helen Highwater but I'm on hiatus until the new year.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 09:50:35 AM

Irek Dabry, or Mezz Orla.. mostly Irek.

I'd be up for some PvP but probably won't be able to do it while in the corp. Though I'm going to help some friends of mine get started first. :)

- Viin
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 11:21:54 AM

If it's going to be neutral in the whole war thing I've got an alt with gallente cruiser V, vast learning skills and almost nothing else that I'd like to join in with.  Especially if there's small gang PvP fun to be had, since I am useless at that.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 12:32:56 PM

Anyone good on the scanner? I've done some soloing in my day, but I must say my scanning leaves something to be desired. Some guys amaze me how fast they can pluck ravens out of the belts.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 12:44:07 PM

I've never tried it, but I've got those FPS reflexes.. what's required?
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 12:56:37 PM

I think I'll give the game a try. My ingame name is bhodikhan.

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 01:02:56 PM

linking to my own scanning tutorial
You can google for others. There's some videos somewhere.

In short, you need to be aware of the system geography, both in general and specifically. You need to be able to rotate the camera quickly and accurately. You need a decent collection of overview presets. You need a little luck. SP is not a factor, nor is a decent computer.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 01:12:48 PM

Hell, my link there isn't very good.

Hit CTL+F11 or use the UI button by your tactical overlay to open the scanner. Switch to the Directional tab.
Create an overview setting that only has ships on it. Set the range on the scanner to max by entering repeating 9s until you fill up the range box. It'll autoadjust the range to 14 au which is the max scan range.

To identify a target:
1. Set the slider to 360 and range to max. Click scan.
2. If you don't see anything, warp at least 14 au away and goto 1.
3. If you do see an enemy ship on scan, narrow your angle to 180 and scan all four quadrants of the arc (yes, you get overlap. This is a good thing.) Based on this, you should be able to figure out which quadrant the target is in.
4. Narrow your angle again and point at celestials in the active quadrant until you figure out where your target is.
5. Warp to target. If you guessed wrong, goto 3.

I mix this procedure up based on the system I'm in: with 3 belts and no stations, you can make a lot of simplifying assumptions. If you vary the range to figure out how far away your target is, you can eliminate the celestials outside of that range. It helps to warp where you think it is likely your target is hiding (a gate, a station, a planet, a belt).
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 01:13:39 PM

My own ghetto technique was to scan nearest belts, if target is in that area start a warp to any belt within scan range. In the middle of the warp i start like rotating and doing 60 scans toward different areas until I narrowed it down to a 15 or 30. Warp in and tackle. You know which belt because you have belts show up on your overview for scouting, and have the scanner use those settings. Once it says Raven and Asteriod Belt V - 1 , you know where to go :)

Like I said...ghetto.

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 01:17:29 PM

After the F13 corp folds due to lack of interest, if any of you still want to PvP I'll get you into my corp.  Heart
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 03:55:14 PM

Scanning is a bitch, I'll most likely resub and possibly bring a friend around new years.  At that point I'll spend the first week trying to find my stuff and you guys, then I'll play for awhile, and 85% I'll quit after 3 weeks.  I just cannot find the fun I know is there if I could get immersed in the game universe.  Something to do with lack of pewpew, shiney, jumping and playing dress up w/ my character...

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 04:15:24 PM

CCP should make Ambulation include jumping, climbing, and freakin' hanging from the ceiling in order to trump all other games.
Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 05:05:09 PM

Trial character is named Vendann, I am interested to try an MMO with some of the F13 names I have become familiar with.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 06:55:39 PM

Ok first thing needed is an office location. Then we need someone that has officer roles to start accepting apps. Try to post info here for all.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 06:57:33 PM

Just setup an office in Olo, on Olo III - Moon 1.

If someone gets on that's already in the corp and is in other-than-Caldari-space let me know and I'll grant access to rent an office.

- Viin
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 09:24:15 PM

Join the f13 channel!

Edit: I was pointed do a good updated character creation guide: http://wiki.goonfleet.com/index.php?title=Basic_Character_Creation

it's really a shame the rest of the wiki is member's only :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 05:39:50 AM by bhodi »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 05:55:35 AM

Join the f13 channel!

Edit: I was pointed do a good updated character creation guide: http://wiki.goonfleet.com/index.php?title=Basic_Character_Creation

it's really a shame the rest of the wiki is member's only :(

Oh, for any other info just ask those of us with access to the GF member pages: me, Comstr, Simond, LC, Joe.. just about anyone.

For really good newbie training (GF is, famously, all about the newbies) try the goonfleet training videos, which we made available for anyone to use:

Tackling 101
Safespotting 101
Overview Settings
0.0 Mining Undock Checklist
Scanning 101
Interdictors 101
Production 101
Fleet Ops 101
Fleet Ops 102

Edit: I signed up with a newish alt I have been training towards gallente hacs.  Unfortunately he  is kinda focussed: gallente frigate and cruiser V, learning skills, a but of gunnery and not much else yet.  A gallente pilot 12 days from HACs but with 10k drone skills  awesome, for real.  I'll round him out a bit earlier than I had planned (evemon and lapsed account skill training do not a rounded character make), but don't be folled by his history dates :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 09:03:49 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 09:42:33 AM

Sounds like you be flying deimos instead of ish :)

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 10:03:00 AM

Sounds like you be flying deimos instead of ish :)

Yep.  Though with gallente getting such a hammering recently the motivation has dropped a bit.  Undergunned vexors will do...

Twitter - Endieposts

bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 10:31:50 AM

I fly a gallente HAC. With HAC Level 5 trained and the ships drone bonus it's quite a powerful ship.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 11:22:08 AM

ishtars didnt get touched, they still own

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 11:53:33 AM

I refer the right honourable gentleman to the comment I made some minutes previously, regarding my current ten thousand drone skill points.  For now, it is more feasible to think of ishkurs than ishtars.  I doubt that swooping on the prey in my mighty HAC and unveiling three merrily buzzing warrior Is is going to strike him with fear  smiley

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 12:04:15 PM

When my drone skills were sub par, and I had Gall HAC i flew a deimos cause the guns hurt.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 12:18:11 PM

Who am i kidding: I'll fly a thorax.  Gallente cruiser 5 will make that work just fine.  I'll just have to put up with being able to replace the ship I lose in every fight on almost full insurance...  awesome, for real

Twitter - Endieposts

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 12:57:46 PM

I'll go ahead and join up as long as I get to start on the Red side once in a while.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 09, 2007, 03:56:57 PM

Actually I spent a bit of time running some missions today with my Caldari HAC (Cerberus). I'm torn between the drone bonus of the Gallente HAC and the very nice damage from the Cerb.  Drones are great but if you're not careful they like to aggro everything sometimes. Not good.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 06:27:21 AM

I just started playing again this weekend.  Names Draegano in game.  I have no idea what I'm doing in the game but it's holding my interest for more than 3 days which is a new record for EVE.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 07:38:14 AM

Actually I spent a bit of time running some missions today with my Caldari HAC (Cerberus). I'm torn between the drone bonus of the Gallente HAC and the very nice damage from the Cerb.  Drones are great but if you're not careful they like to aggro everything sometimes. Not good.

Yeah, I don't know how drone boats run some of the L4 missions: i imagine some must just be impossible.  In some where you can pick off groups of enemies with sniping, the whole room will aggro if you launch drones, which can mean 45 ships, including c.15 battleships, who do not de-aggro but immediately proceed to attack the foolish drone user as soon as they recover their rapidly melting drones.

Twitter - Endieposts

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 08:27:54 AM

You guys need a killboard!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 09:19:06 AM

If we have webspace I've set up the pubbie KB software a few times.  But first, we'd have to actually do something that involves kills.

Twitter - Endieposts

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 10:05:45 AM

Here's a scanning video from an ex-corpie of mine:
http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/ryysa/scanning3.wmv (mirror)

You may or may not wish to install ScanAid. I myself found that just by looking at the screenshot offline, it gave me a much better idea of how much arc 60 degrees really is. (Hint: not much.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Roll Call - Resubs and Noobs Sign in here!  
Jump to: