Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:21:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: "Official" list of priorities and fixes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Official" list of priorities and fixes  (Read 73294 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: November 14, 2007, 02:33:25 AM

As published on the official forums by one of the devs (can't remember the name, can't access it now and copypasted the list from somewhere else).

1) Item trading…
    Linked items is a high priority. Auction is a lot of work, so right now bugs and easier fixes are delaying this feature.

2) Landscape Variety
    A very high priority for ongoing work. We understand everyone’s desire to shake up the settings. You won’t have to wait long.

3) Uniques
    Fixed in testing here

4) We should have the ability to auto set the map to be on.
    The map going away on death is a known bug that isn’t that high a priority, frankly, but the map should stay up/down while zoning. It works for me on my dev build. I’ll look into it.

5) Chat box
    Many chat improvements coming shortly, and many more on the medium term list.

6) Inspecting others gear…
    Again, not a high priority (sorry) but on the agenda

7) dropping items
    Dropping items causes a lot of performance issues, so its worrisome. Why do you want to do this?

8) Make it easier for players who arent in parties to find each other!
    Ideally we want to have a “warp to”-type button accessible from chat or buddy and guild lists. It would only work for players in a town. Its proving to be technically tricky, but we’re working on it.

9) A shared portion of the stash
    Pretty high priority. In our first big content patch, I hope.

10) I’ve fallen through an environment object several times and it has placed me back at the beginning of the zone.
    Off-hand I can’t remember where we are on this. I’ll track it down.

11) Run/sprint speed…
    I actually like it the way it is, but I’ll bring it up to the team

Thanks!

Satisfying?

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 03:10:17 AM

I don't see "Memory Leak" or even "Improving General Performance" on there, and that worries me.

Other than that, its good to see they know at least some of whats wrong.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 05:43:47 AM

Memory leaks falls under Bugs in #1.

Also, I believe them on the landscape thing, all they have to do is make the textures. I hear their content creation tools are the bee's knees.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 06:53:36 AM

I'm hoping they'll pull through on the landscape thingy, too.  People have been screaming for things like new tile sets on CoH for ages and it's mostly got them nowhere.  I don't know what happened with this company to force them to release a product that wasn't ready but now I guess they're under pressure to fix and add things in record time... especially since it seems a lot of very special people bought into that lifetime scheme.  Or maybe the opposite happens.  Dunno.  Never played a game for a lifetime and I don't intend to.  I'm sure it causes way too much pressure to stay alive.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 06:59:13 AM

I've actually stopped playing HGL until the bugs are worked out. It's 11/07, why deal with this buggyass dogshit when I could be playing the Witcher, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Crysis, etc?
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 07:00:13 AM

Well that's the nice thing about this season. The memory leak had gotten too bad for me to play, thankfully, it's not March or April and I can be playing other shit for the next few weeks while they fix that horrible bug.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 07:08:52 AM

Never played a game for a lifetime and I don't intend to.

I guess you missed M.U.L.E. back in the days, then.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 07:11:24 AM

I'm also taking a break, once I finish Act V normal. That way once everything works I can start right in on either Elite or Nightmare.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 07:51:48 AM

Saw this also:

Kaiser Hwang, Senior Community Manager, posted a message on the official forums yesterday, in which he makes a list of the team’s current priorities regarding several issues, which most of you already encountered in the game.
We realize many of you are experiencing a variety of problems. We at Flagship and Ping0 are working hard to address these issues.Our current top priorities are:

* Resolving any remaining problems related to billing and subscriptions.
* Fixing two known bugs which cause players to sometimes lose items (one related to dual focus/dual melee, and one related to loading issues).
* Making improvements to memory usage in order to reduce “Memory Exhausted” crashes.
* Fixing a known issue with the user interface which causes the application to lock up intermittently.
* An issue which occasionally prevents characters from being able to load or switch instances.
* General chat interface improvements. (Many improvements are in the works).
* Random disconnects and lag.
* Allowing higher resolution textures and models for other players.
* Various known problems with being able to continue interrupted side quests.
* Remnant quest items not getting destroyed and “clogging” up inventory.
* Continued problems with saving / loading Engineer Drone items.
* Invisible party members.
* The nanoforge not correctly improving rare and better armors.
* Getting stuck on collision.

Some of these are issues which will be fixed as soon as possible and go live in upcoming patches, some will be in our upcoming content patch, and others are issues on which we will make gradual improvements to on a continuous basis.

Of course we also have a more extensive bug list as well as lot of general improvements and new content in the works. Everyone here is working full-time to support Hellgate. We appreciate your patience.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 07:57:59 AM

You know, at least they know nearly all the problems they have.

Hopefully they know how to fix them too.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 08:08:42 AM

Never played a game for a lifetime and I don't intend to.

I guess you missed M.U.L.E. back in the days, then.

Or Chess...

7) dropping items
    Dropping items causes a lot of performance issues, so its worrisome. Why do you want to do this?

It's nice, when playing with friends, to be able to throw loot at each other so everyone can check it out and keep it if they need it.

Used to do the Diablo 2 pinata-man all the time. *throw throw throw*  "Keep what you want and sell the rest, man..."

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Ixxit
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 08:25:01 AM

7) dropping items

I can see this causing a problem in Stations, but why in instances?  The loot is already on the ground to begin with. As Ratmant_tf sums up, it's pretty obvious why people want to do this.

Since though,  the loot in the instances is generated uniquely for each person when playing multi maybe that would cause the problem?? Who knows.

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 11:17:33 AM

#8 is a pretty important one to cap.  Right now they've got it set up so the contact you have with other players is likely to be with people several levels out of your league.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 01:54:46 PM

You know, at least they know nearly all the problems they have.

Hopefully they know how to fix them too.

No offense, but of course they fucking know. All these problems where posted over and over and over and over in beta. What pisses me off is that many people posted about this shit. The horribly broken shit, and they never responded to any of it except to say "Well, our internal client is several weeks ahead of yours". Hey guess what all this shit made it to release, and they act all supprised when it shows up and people start complaining about it.

The way they ran the beta was a huge clusterfuck. They could have gotten so much shit fixed or changed, but they didnt.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 02:19:02 PM

Saw this also:

Kaiser Hwang, Senior Community Manager, posted a message on the official forums yesterday, in which he makes a list of the team’s current priorities regarding several issues, which most of you already encountered in the game.
We realize many of you are experiencing a variety of problems. We at Flagship and Ping0 are working hard to address these issues.Our current top priorities are:

* SNIP
This list makes me more hopeful. More features are good, but get the damn game working first.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 02:24:31 PM

No offense, but of course they fucking know. All these problems where posted over and over and over and over in beta. What pisses me off is that many people posted about this shit. The horribly broken shit, and they never responded to any of it except to say "Well, our internal client is several weeks ahead of yours". Hey guess what all this shit made it to release, and they act all supprised when it shows up and people start complaining about it.

The way they ran the beta was a huge clusterfuck. They could have gotten so much shit fixed or changed, but they didnt.

The flip side of that is, did the way they ran the beta and handle bugs affect their sales in a negative way at all?  Granted that's hard to quantify but outside looking in it doesn't appear to have.

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 02:42:39 PM

The flip side of that is, did the way they ran the beta and handle bugs affect their sales in a negative way at all?  Granted that's hard to quantify but outside looking in it doesn't appear to have.

I think so. If they had handled the beta better and actually made more use of the tester feedback, the game would have come out in much better shape, and not had a bunch of mediocre reviews. I know myself and at least 3 other people decided not to subscribe at release due to the shitty way beta went.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 04:42:11 PM

6.8 on IGN must not be really good for sales.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 04:59:35 PM

They're probably not hurting for sales because 75% of the total gamer population of the world went out and bought a copy the minute the game went retail.

Hype > Reviews
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 05:03:25 PM

I don't know why they're rushing it out, Holiday sales? If they do a good beta, I'm sure many people would've pre-ordered instead of waiting for 1-2 weeks for 'retail players impressions' (which is a mixed bag, some has problem some don't) and then there's billing issue, a server wipe in S.E Asia (2 weeks into the retail too).

Finally, some people who were remotely interested or participated in the beta probably decided not to bother after reading the above average game reviews. Scores like 6-8s out of 10 are hardly going to impress fence sitters. Especially when you have to deal with being 'second class netizen' till you pay the 'optional sub'.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 06:38:42 PM

They're probably not hurting for sales because 75% of the total gamer population of the world went out and bought a copy the minute the game went retail.

Source?

geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 06:41:50 PM

I'm sorry, I've yet to find a compelling source for gross exaggerations.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 07:00:13 PM

I loled

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 07:25:46 PM

you'll get used to it after a while.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 10:14:09 PM

"Landscape variety" is a huge undertaking. You need to add new textures, new geometry and new level-building rules. World content is a large part of overall game content, greatly increasing the amount of world content is a ton of new development effort.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 11:14:19 PM

you win this round  cool

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 12:57:28 PM

ROFLMAO

Brave saviors of London,

If you are still participating in the Hellgate: London beta, the grace period for playing the game without entering a retail registration key is almost up. On Wednesday, November 21, 2007, we will require that all accounts have a registration code in order to play.

To continue playing, you need to enter the registration key from your purchased copy of Hellgate: London into your existing account management page. You do not need to make a new account. You also do not need to be a subscriber to continue playing from where your characters are in-game. Simply log into your account and enter the retail registration key into the registration key field found on your account management page...

• Account Management – [liNK]
Previously, we had intended to end the beta grace period on November 14. But, we don't want to cut your game off prematurely, so please make sure you enter your retail registration key as soon as possible.

Again, no beta players without registration codes will be able to login and play Hellgate: London after November 21, 2007.

See you online!

Obviously us testers are doing something right.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007, 01:33:25 PM

I don't understand what's funny there. What prompted the ROFLMAO? Launch was a mess, they gave people another week. Seems like standard procedure for the whole industry.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #28 on: November 15, 2007, 01:52:51 PM

I'm on the last quest chain for Act4, I intend to beat Act5 come hell or highwater but after that its seeming like a nice long break.  Need to pick up that UT preorder since the deal is so fly.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 15, 2007, 01:55:21 PM

I'm on the last quest chain for Act4, I intend to beat Act5 come hell or highwater but after that its seeming like a nice long break.  Need to pick up that UT preorder since the deal is so fly.

Heh, I'm just a little further ahead.  Actually, on my way to Hell to finish tonight.
Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 02:05:38 PM

ROFLMAO

Brave saviors of London,

If you are still participating in the Hellgate: London beta, the grace period for playing the game without entering a retail registration key is almost up. On Wednesday, November 21, 2007, we will require that all accounts have a registration code in order to play.

To continue playing, you need to enter the registration key from your purchased copy of Hellgate: London into your existing account management page. You do not need to make a new account. You also do not need to be a subscriber to continue playing from where your characters are in-game. Simply log into your account and enter the retail registration key into the registration key field found on your account management page...

• Account Management – [liNK]
Previously, we had intended to end the beta grace period on November 14. But, we don't want to cut your game off prematurely, so please make sure you enter your retail registration key as soon as possible.

Again, no beta players without registration codes will be able to login and play Hellgate: London after November 21, 2007.

See you online!

Obviously us testers are doing something right.

Um...99% of the beta crowd they are talking about had pre-orderd the game.  I would venture a guess that a very, teeny tiny amount of those canceled their order or returned the box.  Their extension sounds good on the surface but I can't see the amount of beta testers that don't actually own the game being more than say..... 3. 

Wait a sec.  I just read that again.  You have to enter your box code to continue ergo you are still out 50 bucks if you decide not to subscribe?  What's so frickin special about that??
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 02:09:46 PM by Tige »
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 02:32:04 PM

So now I'm trying to figure out why I paid money for the box when I could still be doing the free beta thing...  undecided

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 02:33:40 PM

So now I'm trying to figure out why I paid money for the box when I could l be doing the free beta thing...  undecided

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 02:34:15 PM

What just happened?
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 02:53:03 PM

What just happened?

Ratman had a Ping0 moment.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: "Official" list of priorities and fixes  
Jump to: