Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:39:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted  (Read 239572 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #35 on: October 30, 2007, 03:07:12 PM

You can only make three characters because there's no way to subscribe yet.  Poor schild!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 03:08:16 PM

Why the fuck is my EA download still only preloaded? Are EA fucking retarded? Are FSS? Am I?
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #37 on: October 30, 2007, 03:13:04 PM

Why the fuck is my EA download still only preloaded? Are EA fucking retarded? Are FSS? Am I?

Yes, Yes, Unknown but likely.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 30, 2007, 03:16:17 PM

I see what you did there you puckish rapscallion you!  Ohhhhh, I see.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 30, 2007, 03:20:51 PM

Um...

We’re aware that some retailers have started selling Hellgate: London a day early. While the game had shipped to stores, they were not supposed to start selling copies until Wednesday, October 31st. This means that while some people have been able to get their hands on the game a day early, they aren’t able to get onto the multiplayer servers. This is because we are not starting the "official" service until Halloween. We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration that has been caused trigger-happy stores. When the servers go live, we’ll make sure to post a notice on www.hellgatelondon.com and www.flagshipstudios.com so that there is no confusion. Thanks for your support of the game and we’ll see you online very soon! The Hellgate: London Team

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 30, 2007, 03:22:33 PM

Hey everyone. Sorry for the short notice, but in the next 15 minutes or so at 1:30PM PDT, you'll be able to hop into the game and start creating characters. At 5:00PM PDT, the game will open up to everyone else

That's on their frontpage. Amazing.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007, 03:33:17 PM

...and now that text is gone.

bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 03:36:04 PM

These devs are truly masters of communication.

Time and time again throughout the beta I've been impressed with the clarity of the information.

lol

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 03:36:27 PM

Yea, no, that's still up there. Servers open for everyone at 5pm pacific. Like, I've been around the block on these MMO releases (and it's an MMO if Guild Wars is) so I'm used to things not working right. What I'm not used to is a release where things seem to work right technically and five different people in the PR department are insisting they're NOT working right in five different ways.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 03:40:53 PM

Yeah, this is wild:

The notice:

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/underground/attn-beta-players-updated

...has a discuss this story link that takes you to:

http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=22438

Tantrum

Hahahhahahahaha...

...and now it links to:

Thank you for your participation in Hellgate: London beta. At this time the servers and forums are closed until our Halloween Launch.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 03:44:13 PM by Oban »

Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 03:43:55 PM

Well I am also playing at this very minute. Online, on Shulgoth.

My gamestop Preorder shipped last night at like 11pm and showed up at around 4pm today.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 30, 2007, 03:44:43 PM

What a mess.  I just sit here and keep wondering when my stupid fucking EA download is going to unlock, the timer keeps changing.  Midnight CDT?  Noon tomorrow?  Who knows.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #47 on: October 30, 2007, 03:48:43 PM

Hey everyone. Sorry for the short notice, but in the next 15 minutes or so at 1:30PM PDT, you'll be able to hop into the game and start creating characters. At 5:00PM PDT, the game will open up to everyone else

That's on their frontpage. Amazing.

Yeah, and the headline is something like BETA PREORDER HEAD START SERVERS.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 30, 2007, 03:54:02 PM

Oh, nice. So I try to log in with my beta install since it was on my other comp (I transferred the installer over to my main machine since I'd uninstalled in anticipation of EA not being retarded) but I only see Shulgoth and can't log into it. So I see that if that happens you need to uninstall and reinstall. Which I do, log in, patch up... most of the way. Most of the way because it crashed and will not initialize now. Jesus Christ.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 30, 2007, 03:56:26 PM

Wait, are we suppose to be excited about this game?

This is irrelevant, it's a launch day.

We are *always* excited about whatever fucks up on launch day.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 30, 2007, 04:03:51 PM

With my beta install I was able to patch and login into Shulgoth and create three characters.  Still waiting on my stupid online purchase download.  I'm playing the beta right now so it's not all bad.

I even have my retail code already.  Of course I have no where constructive to put it!

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #51 on: October 30, 2007, 04:43:46 PM

What a mess.  I just sit here and keep wondering when my stupid fucking EA download is going to unlock, the timer keeps changing.  Midnight CDT?  Noon tomorrow?  Who knows.

Really.  I'm at work.  But I can't stop laughing every time I read a post about this EA download thing.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 30, 2007, 04:48:55 PM

The EA download sounded like such a good idea when I preordered it.  Of course I was probably high as fuck, at least that's my story.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #53 on: October 30, 2007, 05:14:11 PM

My timer hasn't changed the expected release time since I downloaded it last night.  It's down to 4 hours now (doesn't count minutes), so 9 p.m. PST is the time I'm expecting it to unlock.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 30, 2007, 05:14:36 PM

I was not high, but I blame not getting enough sleep.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Forgot why I never bought EA products, momentary lapse of judgment, will not happen again...

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #55 on: October 30, 2007, 05:17:29 PM

So for real, what the fuck. 

I did pre-order
I did not sign up for a beta account

Am I supposed to be able to play? yes/no?

The new news item on their website doesn't explain dick.

We’re aware that some retailers have started selling Hellgate: London a day early. While the game had shipped to stores, they were not supposed to start selling copies until Wednesday, October 31st. This means that while some people have been able to get their hands on the game a day early, they aren’t able to get onto the multiplayer servers. This is because we are not starting service until Halloween. We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration that has been caused trigger-happy stores. When the servers go live, we’ll make sure to post a notice on www.hellgatelondon.com and www.flagshipstudios.com so that there is no confusion.

Thanks for your support of the game and we’ll see you online very soon!

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 30, 2007, 05:18:27 PM

Mine said 12am CDT too until I rebooted and restarted the download manager.  Last I looked it said 12pm CDT on the 31st.  I'm not at home, I wonder what it says now?!   this guy looks legit

Edit:  Also, I broke my wrist today at work.  Twitch gaming with a cast on my mousehand should rock.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 05:23:02 PM by Moaner »

lesion

Reply #57 on: October 30, 2007, 05:23:56 PM

So for real, what the fuck. 

I did pre-order
I did not sign up for a beta account

Am I supposed to be able to play? yes/no?
If you want to play online you need an account, and as far as I know the only way to have an account at the moment is through ye olde beta.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #58 on: October 30, 2007, 05:27:56 PM

Irrelevant anyway, fucking BestBuy.

Call store #1:  Dial 3 to speak to an operator -- phone d/c's     wtf...

Call store #2:  Some black chick "computer says 10/31"  me:  I know that is the official street date, many stores have gotten the game early.  "computer says 10/31" me: would it be possible for you to take this one step beyond reading the computer for my benefit? "computer sa.." fuck it, nevermind.

That dyekit better be pretty fucking badass.  Also, we need a gamestore franchise that doesn't fucking suck.

-William Gibson
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 30, 2007, 07:03:56 PM

Also, we need a gamestore franchise that doesn't fucking suck.

Hmm, anyone have a little capital laying around?

- Viin
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #60 on: October 30, 2007, 07:06:57 PM

Lol, wish I'd read all this before I started the DL. EBGames in the area all told me they thought they would get it but didn't, so I did the download. Just finished 4 hours of downloading, to find a 15 hour timer.

Weeeee........

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 30, 2007, 08:28:39 PM

It is fucking Tiggs, all this confusion makes sense now. 

http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/member.php?u=110

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #62 on: October 30, 2007, 08:48:50 PM

SW:G, LotRO and now this. So it bodes well for this game then. Is it fucking Tiggs, or is Tiggs fucking it?  my what do we have here?

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 30, 2007, 09:25:53 PM

Based on the way the forums have been moving and the general public relations cock-ups like posting:

http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=22607

...and then pulling the same text from the main site; I would say it is Tiggs fucking things up.

But then I am just a bitter old man. Get off my lawn!

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 30, 2007, 09:46:37 PM

Uh...jesus.  Halo 3 at least had the class to have a Midnight Release of their product, meaning you could play right away once the clock rolled over to the ship date, and theirs wasn't even downloadable!  What is this fucking 8 am PST on the 31st bullshit?  I should be able to play as soon as it fucking ticks over to the 31st.

See thread subject.

Edit: What the *FUCK*? When you go to download the manual you download the manuals for every fucking region? A 32 meg download when all you need is a 3 meg download.  Granted, this is after downloading 6.8 gigs, but shit.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 09:49:46 PM by Lorekeep »

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 31, 2007, 09:27:49 AM

Wow did this forum get super quiet in the last 12 hours.

Guess you're all playing now, huh?

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 31, 2007, 09:40:43 AM

At work. But solid last night once the servers belatedly got up. Account creation still down. The game's fine. It's all the other stuff surrounding the game that's broken.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 31, 2007, 09:46:44 AM

Wow did this forum get super quiet in the last 12 hours.

Guess you're all playing now, huh?

Sleep.

Also, finally decrypting.  my what do we have here?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:55:08 AM by Oban »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #68 on: October 31, 2007, 10:01:54 AM

Also, we need a gamestore franchise that doesn't fucking suck.

Hmm, anyone have a little capital laying around?

I have considered it, but then I remember how every real game store ends up being a business failure or MTG-tournament stench-hole.  Online is the way to go, but if I opened one I have a feeling you guys would still bitch me out on Release Day.  awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #69 on: October 31, 2007, 10:02:22 AM

Yep decrypting as well. Bout god damn time too. But, I'm sure there will be another tiger pit trap from EA before we actually get to play.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted  
Jump to: