Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:10:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Carbine Studios' "Wildstar" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carbine Studios' "Wildstar"  (Read 979261 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #385 on: May 08, 2013, 01:20:04 PM

*crosses toes*

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #386 on: May 08, 2013, 01:54:15 PM

Editor's Note: Originally this article stated that we were hosting a stress test this weekend. This is not the case, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will keep you updated on the exact timing of our stress test in the coming days, and apologize for any confusion.

*uncrosses toes*

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #387 on: May 08, 2013, 03:05:08 PM

So how do you unknot a penis?

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #388 on: May 08, 2013, 04:09:18 PM

Ask a prostitute.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #389 on: May 08, 2013, 06:05:16 PM

One very important point about this stress test:

Everyone that gets an invite into the Stress Test and makes a good faith attempt to log into the game during the test will be guaranteed an invite into a future (much more stable) Closed Beta test as a thank you. I need your help in breaking the server, and we want to invite you back to play when I’m not trying to do mean things to the hardware. So help us break everything as many times as possible this weekend, and we'll make it up to you with a real beta invite in the future.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #390 on: May 09, 2013, 11:41:17 AM

Next 'DevSpeak' video is out, focusing on Movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qo5nrkYYI0

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: May 09, 2013, 12:19:10 PM

Wait, ...if the mob knocks the weapon out of your hand? And you have to go pick it up?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: May 09, 2013, 12:46:52 PM

Scissors or a knife.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #393 on: May 09, 2013, 01:03:47 PM

I absolutely love the sense of fun these guys have with their videos. That bodes very well for the game.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: May 09, 2013, 04:58:59 PM

I'm enjoying SWTOR again and GW2 isn't going anywhere soon, but of all the MMOs currently running or coming soon, this is pretty much the only one I give a shit about. The humour, both in-game and in-house has a massive part to play in that. They have a slightly self-depricating wit I really get on with, like they know that what they're doing is frivolous and unimportant but they just hope you're going to have some fun with it, even down to the bog-standard nuts and bolts.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: May 09, 2013, 10:46:05 PM

Word.

This is the only upcoming mmo that's still on my radar, basically... even if it doesn't turn the mmo scene upside down, at least it'll be decent fun for a while.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: May 10, 2013, 03:29:12 PM

I wish it had wall running and air dashing also, playing age of wushu has spoiled me with their movement powers.

I am the .00000001428%
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #397 on: May 11, 2013, 06:13:28 AM

Word.

This is the only upcoming mmo that's still on my radar, basically... even if it doesn't turn the mmo scene upside down, at least it'll be decent fun for a while.

Yeah right another wow clone gonna "turn mmo scene upside down" . 3 monther tops.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: May 11, 2013, 07:25:11 AM

Word.

Yeah right another wow clone gonna "turn mmo scene upside down" . 3 monther tops.

See this is the difference between someone whose played a lot of mmo's and someone who hasn't. Yes at face value it's more of a wow clone than anything else out there but that's not a bad thing, almost all recent mmo's copy bits and pieces of wow like exclamation points or quest based leveling but the one thing this game seems to have copied that most don't? wait for it....

wait for it....

Fun! Not fun as in fun to play but genuinely looks like a work the devs are having fun making and will be proud of, its got real motivation to it.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: May 11, 2013, 12:16:24 PM

Also, why is "3 monther" a pejorative? So what if it is? I have a game I play longer than three months already: it's called real life. Well, and Football Manager 2012. And Blood Bowl.

But who cares? It's okay to play a game for three months and have enough. It's probably HEALTHY for it to be like that.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: May 11, 2013, 12:18:09 PM

It's probably HEALTHY for it to be like that.

Hey, you need to shut it if your going to be spewing common sense all over the place.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: May 11, 2013, 06:10:55 PM

Perhaps if people didn't poop-sock their way to max-level as soon as possible from launch day and actually tried to get a feel for the world instead of complaining about a lack of end-game content 2 weeks after release, those 3 months could be doubled!

Hahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh god, seriously. I slay me.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: May 11, 2013, 06:20:31 PM

Perhaps if people didn't poop-sock their way to max-level as soon as possible from launch day and actually tried to get a feel for the world instead of complaining about a lack of end-game content 2 weeks after release, those 3 months could be doubled!

Hahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh god, seriously. I slay me.

The people who poopsock to the end typically don't enjoy the leveling process and enjoy the race/end game more.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #403 on: May 11, 2013, 08:10:35 PM

I really like Mario Kart.  So I'll play Monopoly.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: May 11, 2013, 08:58:17 PM

This is starting to look pretty damn good.  Its easily my most anticipated MMO.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: May 11, 2013, 11:53:14 PM

Wait, ...if the mob knocks the weapon out of your hand? And you have to go pick it up?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Yah, they just threw that comment in there like it was nothing... knowing full well we'd squee over it.
Also, anyone else notice the mining node turned into a mob and fought back?   DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Love it.  Reminds me of the mobs that used to hide in the asteroids from E&B; good mechanic.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: May 12, 2013, 09:23:46 AM

I really like Mario Kart.  So I'll play Monopoly.

You're pretty bad at analogies. Feel free to try again.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: May 12, 2013, 09:54:59 AM

I'll walk you through it.  Just because there is an element which you might find enjoyable or familiar (traveling in a circuitous route) does not mean that the game is designed for your style of play.  You hate leveling, don't play a level based game.  So you like going around the track really fast; doesn't mean you can roll 12d6.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #408 on: May 12, 2013, 10:10:04 AM

Yah, they just threw that comment in there like it was nothing... knowing full well we'd squee over it.
I think it's first time ever I see anyone wet themselves with excitement over the prospect of getting subjected to the Disarm in a MMO.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: May 12, 2013, 10:16:30 AM

I want a beta invite so bad. My evolved policy on MMO purchasing is never ever a day one purchase unless I was in the beta. If not beta access then, I wait to see who hates it and who loves it here. For instance if Ingmar hates it I will probably like it. If Ironwood likes it, then that means that the game actively dick punches...ect. If a Bat Country guild forms then I definitely purchase, but not to be in Bat Country because everyone knows BC lasts a month.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:20:08 AM by Pennilenko »

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #410 on: May 12, 2013, 12:41:14 PM

I'll walk you through it.  Just because there is an element which you might find enjoyable or familiar (traveling in a circuitous route) does not mean that the game is designed for your style of play.  You hate leveling, don't play a level based game.  So you like going around the track really fast; doesn't mean you can roll 12d6.

Don't be retarded because Wildstar is advertising a robust, hardcore, raiding game full of min/max theorycrafting for the "1%" of gamers (did you see that gear modification system?). For players that want to compete in that sphere the leveling aspect is a bump in the road to get done with as soon as possible.

So where you fail is calling Wildstar just a "level based game". It's like you're purposefully ignoring every aspect of an MMORPG on purpose.
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: May 12, 2013, 12:58:24 PM

I think it's first time ever I see anyone wet themselves with excitement over the prospect of getting subjected to the Disarm in a MMO.

Yes but this type of disarm isn't just about your weapon disappearing or you hand glowing and a message saying you do not have a weapon equipped... you have to go physically get your shit. At least I hope that is how it works...Little things like that make me all tingly.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #412 on: May 12, 2013, 08:11:15 PM

Sounds really fucking annoying to me, on the other hand.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: May 12, 2013, 08:38:45 PM

Yes but this type of disarm isn't just about your weapon disappearing or you hand glowing and a message saying you do not have a weapon equipped... you have to go physically get your shit. At least I hope that is how it works...Little things like that make me all tingly.

Ya picking up someone's dropped weapon will be the new form of griefing. Note to developers. People hated this back in Everquest. It didnt last 6 months before it got nerfed/fixed.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:41:20 PM by Phred »
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #414 on: May 12, 2013, 10:27:57 PM

I'll explain the disarm mechanic having no knowledge of it but using my super-power of COMMON SENSE...!

Your weapon will never actually leave your hand/paperdoll, mechanically it will work the exact same as a wow disarm but the duration is entirely based on when you walk over the weapon ICON on the ground.

What you can do with this is make better disarms drop the weapon further away and also have a maximum duration just in case pathing issues drops the weapon icon in a bad spot.

How it improves on wow is it makes things more interactive and immersive, how it could backfire is trying to find your goddamn weapon in a mass melee of pve or pvp.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #415 on: May 13, 2013, 03:25:03 AM

Sounds really fucking annoying to me, on the other hand.  why so serious?
Yeah, i'm kinda expecting the novelty factor to wear off and be replaced with "goddammit at least regular disarm didn't make me waste extra time walking just to be able to do something effective again" ... around third mob which does it. Maybe fourth why so serious?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: May 13, 2013, 06:51:33 AM

Sorry for the shill, but here's a summary of the Circuit Board stuff that the devs talked about on the forums over the weekend:
http://wildstar.junkiesnation.com/2013/05/13/circuit-board-crafting-random-chips-and-you/

They also talked about elder game (end game) stuff as well, which is in another post.
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: May 13, 2013, 07:32:30 AM

Sorry for the shill, but here's a summary of the Circuit Board stuff that the devs talked about on the forums over the weekend:
http://wildstar.junkiesnation.com/2013/05/13/circuit-board-crafting-random-chips-and-you/

They also talked about elder game (end game) stuff as well, which is in another post.

Seems interesting, but if they make this too complicated for the masses, I'd expect this to be a big turn off. Sadly, the masses that play this will be the ones to determine what is best in slot and if that is theoretically impossible to get, then a lot of the min/maxers will be a bit pissy. It does seem a little forgiving in terms of running a dungeon and say only getting drops for the one class you DIDN'T bring, but I get this feeling there is going to be a lot of griping about the best shit never dropping, or the stats you are getting on stuff is meh - ah la D3. Add in a lot of dependent components and the stick just gets too long for the carrot. This is all site unseen so I might be way off the mark, but it does make me pause some...for now at least.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: May 13, 2013, 07:59:14 AM

At least it gives you better reasons for running dungeons over and over. While you may run dungeons for that last drop, you now always have a chance at getting the same piece of gear with a better roll of stats on it. It also allows you to take apart gear for the modules to sell/save.

So, to me, you get more stuff out of repeated drops which is a bonus. It really depends on how frustrating gear rolls are.
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: May 13, 2013, 08:36:29 AM

At least it gives you better reasons for running dungeons over and over. While you may run dungeons for that last drop, you now always have a chance at getting the same piece of gear with a better roll of stats on it. It also allows you to take apart gear for the modules to sell/save.

So, to me, you get more stuff out of repeated drops which is a bonus. It really depends on how frustrating gear rolls are.

Very true. But with so many configurations, I ma just hoping this doesn't end up being a situation where there are really only 5 penultimate gear stat configurations out of 3000. I recall back in WoW, running UBRS - first couple times was learning, then the next couple were streamlined gear runs, then the next were targeted gear runs, then the next was just fuck right off when all druid gear dropped every time. Sure, shit you got from DEing stuff was useful and you could sell it, but it still was not what you were after. So yeah, I wholeheartedly agree on the last sentence... such is gambling, erm playing an MMO end game, I guess.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 98 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Carbine Studios' "Wildstar"  
Jump to: