Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:48:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Carbine Studios' "Wildstar" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carbine Studios' "Wildstar"  (Read 979399 times)
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: February 19, 2013, 12:47:01 PM

Thinking back on communities I've been a part of, I don't recollect any specific attitude based on sub. AoC was chock full of douchebags while GW2 has had some of the friendliest players I've met and I've played on about 5 different servers over the past few months before settling down. WoT? Plenty of asshats thankfully limited by the chat functionality, or lack thereof at least when I played. I could probably keep going, but that would get tiresome. I'll just say I haven't seen the same delineation between sub or no sub when it comes to player attitude.

I'm not sure where you heard that, but you heard wrong. LOL's community is still full of people I'd like to infect with smallpox.

LoL is its own beast forged in the depths of community hell and shouldn't be a part of any comparison to other online communities. Also I spit a little coffee when I read the second sentence.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:01:28 PM by Brogarn »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: February 19, 2013, 12:51:20 PM

Nebu is an old man yelling at a cloud.  why so serious?

If anything, the internet is less anonymous then it's ever been, with all the facebooks and etc. People are still enormous retarded assholes though!

All communities are shit if you aren't part of them. One mans gibbering retardation is another mans hilarious in-joke and good times.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #212 on: February 19, 2013, 02:06:20 PM

Nebu is an old man yelling at a cloud.  why so serious?

TO THE CLOUD!!!!! Get off my lawn!

ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: February 19, 2013, 05:15:32 PM

Kill some shit
Turn in quests
Level up

wheeee
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #214 on: February 19, 2013, 05:50:15 PM

All communities are shit if you aren't part of them. One mans gibbering retardation is another mans hilarious in-joke and good times.

Great post. I don't get how you are being forced to even notice the overall community of a game these days. Get some friends and play with them or play solo. MOBA's are a cesspool because you can't avoid having your fun be dependent on others. There is no reason for MMO's to be like that. I've been playing Tera and literally give zero fucks what anyone else is doing in that game because its free and I play with the people I want to play with. Fuck the rest if I see them and I can I just kill them. If I can't kill them I just change channels.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: February 23, 2013, 03:33:02 PM

If community isn't really designed into the game to begin with than complaining about community is slightly mad methinks.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #216 on: March 14, 2013, 05:40:30 PM

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: March 15, 2013, 06:55:43 AM

Great art.
Great animations.
Great sound and writing.

I just hope it's more than a quest driven, level/gear grind WOW clone.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #218 on: March 15, 2013, 06:58:59 AM

I really hate "gameplay" videos without visible UI.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: March 15, 2013, 07:02:01 AM

I agree.  But their UI, last time I saw it, was pretty normal.  Nothing too exciting and what you'd expect from any other MMORPG with hotbar combat.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #220 on: March 15, 2013, 09:01:44 AM

3 parts Barrens
1 part Zangarmarsh
dash of spaceships
sprinkle of troll screaming about the blood feast. 
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: March 15, 2013, 09:34:43 AM

3 parts Barrens
1 part Zangarmarsh
dash of spaceships
sprinkle of troll screaming about the blood feast. 

And a hint of Iksar
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: March 15, 2013, 09:59:11 PM

For the horde Dominion!

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: March 15, 2013, 11:06:28 PM

Mods plz move thread to WOW subforum, kthxbye
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: March 16, 2013, 08:16:08 AM

I'd be fine with an improved/prettier WoW. I don't hate hot bars. Yet.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: March 20, 2013, 01:28:13 PM

The over the top narration and seemingly intentional hyperbole make this latest video great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OlC-Oq_Plsk

I expect TESO to take itself very seriously, which is great. I expect this game to be the opposite, which is also great.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #226 on: March 20, 2013, 02:56:12 PM

The more I see, the more interested I get.

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #227 on: March 20, 2013, 04:56:47 PM

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/what_is_wildstar_raids.php

Talkin' 'bout raids.

The last point on this topic, is to not assume that raids will be "the endgame" as is the case in many MMOs. It is simply "an endgame." For players who don't love this sort of content, there will be many other avenues and heaps of other Elder game content that will not require a player to set a foot inside a 20- or 40-man instance. But I'm a raider at heart, so I'm really looking forward to gifting you all with the most enjoyable wipes I can manage!

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: March 20, 2013, 08:46:36 PM

Where's the goddamned pre-order button?

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: March 21, 2013, 02:25:19 AM

Where's the goddamned pre-order button?

Seriously.  NCSoft must have finally captured the WoW genie.  The question is if it'll be enough to topple the current 800lbs gorilla.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: March 21, 2013, 06:38:00 AM

I've been interested.  My question is if they're going with the GW2 pay model or subs.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: March 21, 2013, 06:50:26 AM

If I had to guess, I'd say Sub.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #232 on: March 21, 2013, 09:38:14 AM

Uhm, am I missing something? This is just WoW. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's your thing, but I don't get the excitement.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: March 21, 2013, 09:50:36 AM

Uhm, am I missing something? This is just WoW. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's your thing, but I don't get the excitement.

But it's a new WOW!!!!

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: March 21, 2013, 10:49:55 AM

"WoW in Space" is something people (including myself) have been whining for... over a decade.  Blizz didnt do World of Starcraft, so former Blizz devs make Wildstar.   Niche filled.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #235 on: March 21, 2013, 11:06:52 AM

But its so transparently NOT WoW in space. Its WoW, with guns that are just magic missile, cannons that are just catapults, player housing yoinked from SWG and the requisite giant shoulder pads. Seriously, wtf people, you're meant to be smarter than this.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: March 21, 2013, 11:20:30 AM

Since I love the housing in SWG, that's not a bad thing...

My playing this depends on two things:  Not having dozens of buttons and being no-sub.

Not, it's not exactly what I want, but I'm finally starting to get those games, so there's room for a distraction in there.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: March 21, 2013, 11:55:02 AM

It's not WoW in space YET.  So they start on one planet...expansions and patches could very well add space travel and other planets.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #238 on: March 21, 2013, 01:41:24 PM

I'm with Engels, any hype for this is pretty strange. The best things they are doing so far seem to be the things they aren't doing which is another fantasy game or another old IP cash grab game.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: March 21, 2013, 01:47:42 PM

The only thing I'm interested in for this game is the combat.  It seems like they may be taking the GW2 approach which I really liked. Other than that, the "settlement building" with one of the paths looks really fun.

But as far as a I know it's a quest driven progression game with raids and pvp battlegrounds.  Not earth shattering, but it will be interesting to see if they iterate it well enough. I thought I heard there is a LFD at launch.  Amazing if true!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: March 21, 2013, 02:00:29 PM

Well they're saying that raiding isn't going to be the end-all/be-all of the "elder game", though how they'll get away with solo/small group stuff beyond daily quests will be quite the challenge, me thinks.

Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: March 21, 2013, 02:51:13 PM

Best thing that probably comes out of this is WoW patches in player housing right after they launch =p
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #242 on: March 21, 2013, 03:35:56 PM

But its so transparently NOT WoW in space. Its WoW, with guns that are just magic missile, cannons that are just catapults, player housing yoinked from SWG and the requisite giant shoulder pads. Seriously, wtf people, you're meant to be smarter than this.
What do you think all of our visions of WoW in space where......

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #243 on: March 22, 2013, 03:05:21 PM

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: March 22, 2013, 03:29:14 PM

Heart  Just....    Heart
Housing Video

If you're on the fence about this game, after watching that video you likely won't be.  Has to be the baddest ass housing implementation on a viable AAA MMO I've ever seen.  errr, maybe tied with SWG.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 98 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Carbine Studios' "Wildstar"  
Jump to: