Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:13:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: HellGate: London Subscription Information 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HellGate: London Subscription Information  (Read 42764 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #140 on: June 12, 2007, 10:25:10 AM

There is controller shaking. It's clever though me thinks.  It's sort of a tug of war with the creatures souls, basically moving the controller up from resting position (to activate the accelerometer). It essentially replaced a button press in a reasonably elegant manner.

SMT+FFXII is an interesting comparison.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #141 on: June 12, 2007, 10:48:17 AM

Just going off the visuals.  Anything that does not have a separate battle screen now reminds me of FFXII.

As for shaking, let's say I don't share your optimism.  If I wanted to go soul-fishing with accelerometers, I think I would prefer a Wiimote, however I only have Resistance to use as reference.  At least with the Wiimote I am constantly reminded that if I try to scratch my ass while playing that I am going to lose this minigame.  I am really hoping the Sixaxis motion sensing dies an early death.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #142 on: June 12, 2007, 11:45:22 AM

Eh. Hm. How should I explain...

The motion controls don't interrupt the gameplay.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: HellGate: London Subscription Information  
Jump to: