Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:40:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: HellGate: London Subscription Information 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HellGate: London Subscription Information  (Read 42840 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #105 on: May 15, 2007, 09:18:41 AM

When you download a program, do you pay extra for a CD version to be shipped? I do.

I have never played WoW.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: May 15, 2007, 09:30:29 AM

When you download a program, do you pay extra for a CD version to be shipped? I do.

Don't see the point really.  CDs can be lost, but "Download Now!" are usually easy to find on a game website's front page.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: May 15, 2007, 10:51:03 AM

No.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #108 on: May 15, 2007, 02:19:49 PM

Have you been to a EB Games or whatever store in the last 6 months?  Do you like the chioce of PC games that aren't MMO?  I have and I don't.  Maybe it's me that's changing.
You buy PC games at an EB store? Lolinternet. That's what they invented UPS for. As I've said, PC gamers all have PCs. Most have internet. Most internets have online stores. I can't believe they still stock PC games at all. Yeah, I was at EB a couple weeks ago to return a game I ordered online and pick up a new one in exchange. So it's good for that. And shitting on developers by buying used games. ;)

Why pay for shipping and the extra wait when you don't need to?
I buy a decent amount of stuff online, but only when I'm you know, saving money or getting shit I can't easily purchase in my area.

Having said that, I buy at EB when they have a sale or I'm getting them to price match, the rest of the time I support one of the indy places in my area.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #109 on: May 15, 2007, 09:47:03 PM

I don't have a problem buying stuff online...but I will not buy games online. It's a pain to find any sort of price difference, and then there is shipping. When I go out to buy a game, I'd rather get it That Day.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #110 on: May 16, 2007, 12:09:23 AM

Nod. By "stuff" I mean other stuff. Games (and electronics) not amongst them.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #111 on: May 16, 2007, 02:21:20 AM

A shitload of people, believe it or not, hate shopping online. Even those of us with Amazon Prime.
Amazon Prime is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: May 16, 2007, 04:42:51 AM

As I've said, PC gamers all have PCs. Most have internet. Most internets have online stores. I can't believe they still stock PC games at all.

Interesting.  I didn't look at it from that perspective.  Seems possible.  Someone knows, as sales via internet versus sales via retail would tell you right away what the perferred delivery channel is for PC Games (I don't know). This might have even been discussed on this site (probably by yourself), if so I missed it.

And shitting on developers by buying used games. ;)

Only reason I ever go is to pick up games that are in the "old" bin that I thought I might want to play, but didn't think the title was worth initial retail $$.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #113 on: May 16, 2007, 07:38:43 AM

I buy a decent amount of stuff online, but only when I'm you know, saving money or getting shit I can't easily purchase in my area.

Having said that, I buy at EB when they have a sale or I'm getting them to price match, the rest of the time I support one of the indy places in my area.
Indie places? Heh. The nearest EB is maybe 20-25 miles away. I save the drive time and gas (and dealing with the goddamned mall).

The extra wait is no big deal for me, I don't have much time to play video games anyway. I'm a patient man, my girlfriend calls me the master of deferred gratification. I call it the lessons learned via cunnilingus, applied in a broader way to the rest of life.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: May 16, 2007, 07:46:22 AM

I'm seeing this talk of indie software shops. I'm so confused. I have not seen one of those here in Seattle for like 20+ years.

Strazos

Reply #115 on: May 16, 2007, 08:40:32 AM

I've never seen one. At all.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: May 16, 2007, 09:02:47 AM

We used to have one here. Back when I had a C-64. I remember paying $80 for Ultima 5. That guy was a total dick. He's the reason we formed the Blackbirds, our C-64 piracy/hacker user group (the owner of that shop ran the 'good' C-64 user group).
WayAbvPar

Reply #117 on: May 16, 2007, 09:19:15 AM

I've never seen one. At all.

You really need to get out of your neighborhood once in a while.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos

Reply #118 on: May 16, 2007, 09:34:42 AM

By neighborhood, you could only possibly mean the southern NJ tri-state area. Hell, I've only ever seen 2 indie PC shops, neither of which actually sell software. And one of them is run by a crazy old Korean guy who sells pretty much only second-hand, obsolete gear.

Fear the Backstab!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #119 on: May 16, 2007, 09:37:48 AM

A shitload of people, believe it or not, hate shopping online. Even those of us with Amazon Prime.

I hate buying online because I have to keep track of it, and pay the tax to the state at the end of the year.  I'd much rather just pay up front and be done with it.   Some places tack on the appropriate state sales tax at the checkout, some don't.   Rather than fuck with it, I'd rather pick it up when I'm out shopping for other things.

lolinternet indeed.  LOLCATCHUPTOSTATELAWS is more like it. Internet shopping isn't quite refined enough to do it all the time.

And shitting on developers by buying used games. ;)

Not my fucking problem.  Do you shit on Automakers by buying used cars?  Do you shit on homebuilders by buying used houses?  No, because they're not wacko enough to not account for a secondary market.  But then the game industry has shown its immaturity and lack of foresight in so many other ways, why should this one be a surprise.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:41:23 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #120 on: May 16, 2007, 12:11:00 PM

Because I have more money than time.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: May 16, 2007, 05:46:13 PM

By neighborhood, you could only possibly mean the southern NJ tri-state area. Hell, I've only ever seen 2 indie PC shops, neither of which actually sell software. And one of them is run by a crazy old Korean guy who sells pretty much only second-hand, obsolete gear.

I've never seen one either.  I go out plenty.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #122 on: May 16, 2007, 06:21:03 PM

There used to be this shop in my neighborhood that dealt in ham radio gear and, for some reason, those crappy little Timex Sinclair computers.  (I cut my teeth on one when I was 8 or 9, prior to upgrading to a C-64.)  It was an odd place.  It was solely owned and operated by this one old man, with a workbench behind the counter where there were always two or three of the things scattered about disassembled.  He'd actually do repairs on the them, despite their being so cheap as to be essentially disposable even back then.  I'd go there and buy shitty games written in basic and saved on audio tape.

I ran into the guy a few years ago, a billion years old but seemingly in good health.  He looked like James Cromwell in that one Star Trek movie he did, trenchcoat and all.  Except he was wearing a huge gold bling-style medallion in the shape of the since-closed shop's name/logo, which is how I recognized him.  I asked him jokingly if he had anymore Timex computers.  He said in all seriousness that I could have a thousand of them for a quarter each.

Other than that, every bit of software I've ever purchased has been at some Software Etc. type place.

/shrug

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #123 on: May 17, 2007, 01:02:09 AM

Indie places? Heh. The nearest EB is maybe 20-25 miles away. I save the drive time and gas (and dealing with the goddamned mall).

The extra wait is no big deal for me, I don't have much time to play video games anyway. I'm a patient man, my girlfriend calls me the master of deferred gratification. I call it the lessons learned via cunnilingus, applied in a broader way to the rest of life.

We clearly live in very different places. If you have a painful trip to the closest EB and you don't mind dealing with the post, then more power to you. For me, the trips are painless, as I often need to go to or through one of the four locales that are close by for other reasons - tomorrow, I go through Footscray and the CBD, so stopping past isn't going out of my way. My wife works through Sunshine, and so do I occasionally, so, well you get the idea.

I'm seeing this talk of indie software shops. I'm so confused. I have not seen one of those here in Seattle for like 20+ years.

I had no idea I was so fortunate. There's a fair few small chains and indie shops in my city/region of the world.

Because I have more money than time.

That covers the shipping, but not the extra wait. ;)

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: May 17, 2007, 07:34:00 AM

We clearly live in very different places. If you have a painful trip to the closest EB and you don't mind dealing with the post, then more power to you. For me, the trips are painless, as I often need to go to or through one of the four locales that are close by for other reasons - tomorrow, I go through Footscray and the CBD, so stopping past isn't going out of my way. My wife works through Sunshine, and so do I occasionally, so, well you get the idea.
Hrm. Sounds like a terrist. Enjoy the bombs!

;)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #125 on: May 17, 2007, 02:46:11 PM

I walk past a mosque to get to work most days, too!  shocked

WayAbvPar

Reply #126 on: May 17, 2007, 03:17:25 PM

I walk past a mosque to get to work most days, too!  shocked

As long as you don't drop anything into their 'Need explosives for jihad" bin, you are ok I think.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: June 10, 2007, 11:50:01 AM

New game play footage posted...

http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_hellgatelondon_multichar_gpmontage.mov

Not sure if the lag/stuttering is intentional or not but...

Ranged combat seems a tad lame to me, really made me want to play my City of Heroes blaster.

Melee combat looks really awful too.

Also, wow, it is 2007 and developers of a modern game can not get the walking animations right?

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #128 on: June 10, 2007, 12:25:54 PM

Melee combat looks really awful too.

I disagree. Melee is the only thing that could be worth playing in that bland video. Melee is, at least, diablo-ish. Ranged looks like a messy kite fest.

EDIT: Do you think they are late to put in elves and make it fantasy_world#673 ?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 12:27:30 PM by Falconeer »

schild
Administrator

Reply #129 on: June 10, 2007, 02:30:58 PM

Also, wow, it is 2007 and developers of a modern game can not get the walking animations right?

You want to see walking done right? Folk's Soul blows EVERYTHING away. EVERYTHING. In every graphics department. Every single fucking one.

As for Hellgate: London. In the video I watched, came out a day or two ago (too lazy to click a link), I noticed that not a single piece of loot dropped. I was like, what?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #130 on: June 10, 2007, 03:02:14 PM

You want to see walking done right? Folk's Soul blows EVERYTHING away. EVERYTHING. In every graphics department. Every single fucking one.

As for Hellgate: London. In the video I watched, came out a day or two ago (too lazy to click a link), I noticed that not a single piece of loot dropped. I was like, what?

Maybe I'll have a PS3 by the time it's released in October.  I never really saw the point of buying one until I saw the Folklore trailer on... umm... IGN?  Wherever.  Oh, I don't know.  I've been cheap lately.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: June 10, 2007, 05:07:34 PM

Hate the grey abandoned city enviorments which I'm guessing most of the game will be made up of.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: June 12, 2007, 09:09:57 AM

I was never a Diablo fan, so I guess my opinion doesn't hold much weight on this game.

But the AI seems ripped right from the Jimbo handbook "They're coming right for us!". And the backing up of ranged characters ala Doom 1990s.

I guess if you dig that retro tons of weak enemies constantly swarming you with mindless repetitive gameplay, it'll be great.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: June 12, 2007, 09:26:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY-kyzeadtM That? Man, you're a jap-shit fanboi to the eXXXXXXXXtreme. Reminds me of that crappy rails Gamecube game that everyone fawns over that has 4 hours of gameplay. I don't even remember the name.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #134 on: June 12, 2007, 09:39:33 AM

I think it looks really good, actually.  Not great quality, that video, though.  I especially like the way the character moves.  HERE are the trailers I referred to earlier. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #135 on: June 12, 2007, 09:41:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY-kyzeadtM That? Man, you're a jap-shit fanboi to the eXXXXXXXXtreme. Reminds me of that crappy rails Gamecube game that everyone fawns over that has 4 hours of gameplay. I don't even remember the name.

Gamecube? Rails? Killer 7? Not crappy, but.

And yea, let me tell you, youtube and other online videos really do do Folk's Soul Justice. FYI: We're past crappy non-1080p videos being representative of final product. Heh, except with Wii games (what? 752x480 videos are all over GT).

There really aren't words for how amazing Folk's Soul looks. It's masterfully crafted. As in, it blows away Team Ninja stuff. Game Republic has some damn fine animators over there.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #136 on: June 12, 2007, 09:44:29 AM

I think he was insulting Eternal Darkness.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #137 on: June 12, 2007, 09:46:49 AM

I think he was insulting Eternal Darkness.

I don't see how he could be. Even if you considered it on rails, there's no way you could finish it in 4 hours.

EDIT: Folk's Soul looks like a prettier Jade Empire.

schild
Administrator

Reply #138 on: June 12, 2007, 09:48:44 AM

I don't see how you could even compare a Silicon Knights descent into terror game to an action RPG by Game Republic.

Eh, I guess that's not as weird as referencing Suda51's Killer 7 though...

I think it's depressing that we're not sure which rails title he's talking about. Stupid gamecube.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #139 on: June 12, 2007, 10:06:22 AM

Hee hee.  Maybe he meant Geist.  Who knows?

I don't see anything wrong is that video, except a sneaky suspicion that there will be controller-shaking.  The video gives me a SMT+FFXII vibe.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: HellGate: London Subscription Information  
Jump to: