Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Aaron Eckhart to play Two-Face 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aaron Eckhart to play Two-Face  (Read 23213 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: February 20, 2007, 12:40:29 AM

From Variety: Eckhart set as Two-Face

Actor joins 'Dark Knight' cast
By DAVE MCNARY
Aaron Eckhart has joined the cast of Warner Bros.' "The Dark Knight" as Harvey Dent aka Two Face, a District Attorney-turned-scarred villain.

Previously announced cast for the sixth Batpic include Heath Ledger as the Joker with Christian Bale back as the Caped Crusader and Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman reprising their roles from "Batman Begins."

Christopher Nolan's returning to the director's chair to helm a script by his brother Jonah Nolan, based on a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. "The Dark Knight" will be produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan.

Eckhart received noms for Golden Globe and Spirit Awards for "Thank You For Smoking." He's starring opposite Catherine Zeta-Jones in the "No Reservations," the American remake of the 2001 German feature "Mostly Martha."Eckhart's repped by CAA and Hirsch, Wallerstein, Hayum, Matlof & Fishman.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:48:06 AM

Never seen Eckhart play a character like this. Guess it's wait and see, right?

Was hoping it would have been someone like Josh Lucas. He can be lawyer like, as well as play a demented fuck.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:09:38 AM

With Two-Face, it doesn't matter what he actually looks like, IMO.  As long as he's played well.  I think the important thing about TF is to portray conflicted.  And to watch and watch and rewatch the Tommy-Lee Jones Version and, should you find yourself playing it that way, kill yourself.

I'm really starting to worry about Heath Ledger.  At first I was ok with it, but I'm starting to get real nervous.

EDIT

And, now I think about it, TWO villians ??  Are we sure that's the road we want to go down here ?  I'm really worried.  Hold me.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:12:12 AM by Ironwood »

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 07:21:53 AM

Two villains in the first one (Ras and Scarecrow) didn't detract from the movie.  Now that we're not having to deal with setting up the backstory, it should work pretty well.  Now, if they keep Scarecrow on top of adding in Joker and Two-Face, things could become a bit crowded.  As awesome as Batman Begins was, though, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt storywise. 

I will agree on the Heath Ledger part though.  I hope he can pull it off.  He's never really impressed me in any movie I've seen, he's just always struck me as....adequate at best, I suppose.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 07:26:32 AM

I think two Villians worked well in Begins due to the subservient role that one of them played.  It wasn't two BIG Batman villians, but more a subtle Duo thing that worked so well.  Also, he never really took them on together, which helped.

I dunno.  I just thought they'd learned the lesson of two of the big villians in the same piece.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 08:35:00 AM

Maybe he'll just be Harvey Dent in this movie.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 08:42:48 AM

Doubtful there'd be a press release, then, especially one specifically calling him Two-Face.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:02 AM

Never seen Eckhart play a character like this. Guess it's wait and see, right?

Maybe not, but if you've seen Thank You For Smoking, you know the guy has serious acting chops. This is a great choice, IMO, better than Heath Ledger. I think they'll both pull it off well, and Nolan has my confidence. I think he can handle two big villains well enough to not repeat the Mr. Freeze/Poison Ivy travesty.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:32 AM

Doubtful there'd be a press release, then, especially one specifically calling him Two-Face.

I just mean they could extend his role across two movies. Pre Two Face Harvey is interesting enough for that. That would actually make it all the more tragic.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 02:10:29 PM

Maybe not, but if you've seen Thank You For Smoking, you know the guy has serious acting chops. This is a great choice, IMO, better than Heath Ledger. I think they'll both pull it off well, and Nolan has my confidence. I think he can handle two big villains well enough to not repeat the Mr. Freeze/Poison Ivy travesty.
Don't forget Bane.

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 02:26:04 PM

I try really really hard to forget Bane in both comic and movie form.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 04:22:11 PM

On the positive side, Poison Ivy is the hottest Uma Thurman has ever been. I can still watch the movie for that.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 05:53:11 PM

You're wrong on both counts.

1) Uma Thurman was not hot as Poison Ivy (pre-costume, maybe).  But dual beehives is not sexy.  She was like Peg Bundy times two.
2) You cannot still watch that movie for that or any other reason.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 06:15:30 PM

On the positive side, Poison Ivy is the hottest Uma Thurman has ever been. I can still watch the movie for that.

Exhibit A) Dangerous Liaisons

Exhibit B) The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

The state rests it's case.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 07:19:32 PM

No, nothing can top a hot redhead.

[EDIT] Oh wait, she was a redhead in Munchausen too.  tongue

Oh well, Dangerous Liasons is not even close (don't mention the nude scene, that's cheating):

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 07:25:19 PM by Stray »
Llava
Contributor

Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 07:41:32 PM

Stray, I like you.  But you are dead wrong and offending my religion with these continued protests.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 09:11:58 PM

I'm confused. Dead wrong about what? Uma looks hot. Peg Bundy is a MILF.

* The truth is, I like Redheads because they hate me. For some reason, I piss them all off. Even the fake ones.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 09:14:15 PM by Stray »
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 09:18:28 PM

No, nothing can top a hot redhead.

I might agree (depending on my mood) if we were talking naturally red hair.  I fail to see how a terrible red wig somehow qualifies though.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 09:24:36 PM

She was hot in that movie. Just leave it at that.

And YES, the movie was a piece of shit. Blah, blah, blah.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 09:37:45 PM

Dude, she's got plant eyebrows.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 09:39:05 PM

Great. Take Patty Duke, and I'll take Plant Eyebrow girl.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 09:41:54 PM

I'm confused. Dead wrong about what? Uma looks hot. Peg Bundy is a MILF.

Mob

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 09:47:16 PM

Damn straight.  Bring on the mob then evil
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 09:50:36 PM

Great. Take Patty Duke, and I'll take Plant Eyebrow girl.

Don't come crying to me when you cut your dick on the thorn bush.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 09:51:35 PM

Well, whatever.  Less competition for the attractive women.  :-D

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 10:26:42 PM

Geez, where were you guys when I said I liked boy-ish, short haired girls last week?

If it makes you feel better though, I've also dated an Arizona Cardinals cheerleader (well, before she was one). Among other kinds of women.

Can't help if I prefer a little freakishness though. I just do.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 10:35:39 PM

Geez, where were you guys when I said I liked boy-ish, short haired girls last week?

Probably mentally substituting the word tomboyish for "boy-ish" and silently agreeing with you.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 11:12:39 PM

No, not tomboy-ish.

If by tomboy you mean, likes to drink crappy beer, knows more about motorcycles than me, has big soccer calves, and watches a lot of sports, then no. Those just might be the most boring women on earth.

I mean someone like, umm, basically Mick Jagger with tits. Haha. Like this girl:

(that's actually one of the more "girly" pictures of her..but oh well)

They don't necessarily have to be so androgynous though. Short hair is hot anyway you put it.

[EDIT]

ETA on some unfunny asshole coming in and saying we should be talking about Two Face?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:48:19 PM by Stray »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 12:18:22 AM

What the hell happened in here ?

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 12:34:10 AM

I don't know...

But now that you mention it, we don't talk about women enough anyways.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007, 12:38:01 AM

What the hell happened in here ?

You can only debate the pros and cons of a single movie casting choice for so long.  Derailment was inevitable.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 21, 2007, 04:52:18 AM

don't mention the nude scene, that's cheating

Hardly.  Given a choice between a naked Uma at her innocent, corrupted by an older man, 18 year old nubile best and her decked out in green latex with a fright wig and plant eyebrows, you go with the latter.

Seek help.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 06:04:23 AM

I say Uma looks hot as Poison Ivy, in a Batman thread, and all of the sudden everyone thinks I need an intervention. Hello? You silly motherfuckers. Poison Ivy. Uma Thurman. That's like my boyhood and manhood dreams all rolled into one.

Or is this the Bizarro thread, where, somehow, those two things don't work?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 06:06:33 AM by Stray »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 06:11:58 AM

Am I the only man left in creation that doesn't find Uma Attractive at all ?

undecided

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 06:14:54 AM

No. I have friends who say the same thing.

Same goes for Kate Moss. I don't know anyone who likes her. I think she's hot.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Aaron Eckhart to play Two-Face  
Jump to: