Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 08:38:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1972795 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1190 on: September 13, 2007, 06:01:30 AM

Go look at Digital Communist's details in-game.

Actually, I can claim an assist on this one.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1191 on: September 13, 2007, 10:57:19 AM

Details.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1192 on: September 13, 2007, 11:24:18 AM

Details.

Well, it's always impossible to tell for sure what provokes CCP to finally permaban, so that's why I'm only claiming an assist, but he made some pretty provocative comments about certain ethnic groupings which I, with a deep concern for race relations, pointed out was not merely offensive to the middle-eastern state in question and unfortunate in a time of attempts at bridge-building, but also opened CCP up to potentially damaging litigation under that state's criminal code if allowed to continue.

I cannot tell you what the responses said: I wouldn't dream for a second of repeating senior GM communications with the attendant risk of a ban myself, but I was certainly impressed with the seriousness and thoroughness with which they investigated such inflammatory and racist remarks.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1193 on: September 13, 2007, 11:27:00 AM

Can someone repost the details for those of us on login-every-21-days-or-so detail?
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1194 on: September 13, 2007, 12:12:54 PM

I mainly remember DC from being a gigantic tool on the boards. 

I'm sure he's not thrilled about losing his main, but wouldn't a spymaster have a large number of alts anyway?
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1195 on: September 13, 2007, 07:32:42 PM

which I, with a deep concern for race relations

I hope this means you will also start turning in your alliance members who spam local with N***** this and RAG**** that. Don't forget the guys with ship names like "The N***** KILLER" either.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1196 on: September 14, 2007, 03:43:32 AM

Anybody stupid enough to spam local like that deserves to get banned anyway.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1197 on: September 14, 2007, 04:55:43 AM

which I, with a deep concern for race relations

I hope this means you will also start turning in your alliance members who spam local with N***** this and RAG**** that. Don't forget the guys with ship names like "The N***** KILLER" either.

Why should I, when so many members of BoB have always been so assiduous in doing so for me?  See under "Sword, living by".

PS You suffer from irony deficiency if you think that was intended as an earnest discussion of my motivations.
PPS Let me spell it out for you: I did it hoping to get him banned because he is a class A jerk.  I don't really care about what he said.
PPPS You read local?!?  That kinda figures.
PPPPS Smoske.

Twitter - Endieposts

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1198 on: September 14, 2007, 08:41:06 AM

I have looked several times, but I can't find anything that proves he is banned. Where is the proof? My buddy list says his character has been logging in and out over the last two days.
Yoru

Reply #1199 on: September 14, 2007, 10:46:01 AM

I have looked several times, but I can't find anything that proves he is banned. Where is the proof? My buddy list says his character has been logging in and out over the last two days.

I guess they only banned one of him.
neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #1200 on: September 14, 2007, 11:11:09 AM

I heard they will remove him in the next patch
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1201 on: September 14, 2007, 07:18:13 PM

I only know about "DigitalCommunist" which is his main. Which character are we talking about again?
Yoru

Reply #1202 on: September 14, 2007, 10:38:00 PM

I only know about "DigitalCommunist" which is his main. Which character are we talking about again?

sigh. I was making a joke about how certain supercap-piloting people are rumored to have.. shall we say... "multiple personalities".
neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #1203 on: September 16, 2007, 11:44:04 AM

We had capital ships exploding and drama all over the place and not a single post on f13?

tsk tsk.

Since I'm quite happily drunk and no longer bound by oaths given under the spell of sobriety, I'll have a stab at summarising recent events.

executive summary: the people that don't like BoB lost twenty something capital ships and mostly blame it on lag caused by BoB

All of this happened in an important star system commonly referred to as 'oh oh' and the rest of the kills happened in a system people call 'FAT' without feeling bad about it.

In 'oh oh' the goon-Russian-French fleet had severely dented some sovereignty holding BoB towers four days ago and as game mechanics have it, they could be permanently removed if they were heavily shot at again when they came out of reinforced.
Because 'oh oh' is a generally well liked star system BoB started repairing its dented towers while the goon-Russian-French people started amassing their fleet in the neighbouring star systems, firmly intending to blow stuff up.

However

Lag is a fickle beast and as it passed most of the shiny stuff in the Russian/French fleet got blown up.

- The French (who only lost a couple of capital ships) stamped their little French feet and demanded their ships back from CCP, threatening to quit the game for good. Nobody took them seriously.
- Goons (who lost no capital ships) made some whine threads about blobs/causing lag and asked for better code for fighters which they see as a primary cause of lag (or so it seems).
- BoB and friends were mostly: heehee, i'm gonna make a post in your whine thread because I won a battle, heehee
- The Russians (who lost around 20 capital ships) where led once again by one of their most respected generals, MACTEP, who hadn't been fleet commander since, well their last major defeat basicly and who was a bit peeved about goons lagging out the node by flying armada's of noob ships in the neighbouring systems and suiciding them into the BoB and friends fleet. (MACTEP is one the guys who brought RA from the brink of death back to a major eve power btw, he has all my respect but I have to say 'heehee' :p)

Later there was another party in FAT which had some pretty explosions.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 11:55:00 AM by neep »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1204 on: September 16, 2007, 12:15:46 PM

I didn't post about all that stuff because i've been away for a few days and simply don't understand what all happened, except for us not taking O0O-y or whatever it is in time to stop the cynojammers going up.  And I do know the russians decided that jump-bridging our fleets in was too risky but warping capitals to a gate camp wasn't?!?  It must be a Russian thing.

The fighter nerf thing looks to have got a positive reaction from CCP: every time we've failed to take Ooo-why it's been because of an extremely large  swarm of carriers at the gate all with fighters out: since fighters cause major lag and don't suffer from it themselves (being resolved server-side) there is no answer to this.  No criticism of Bob for using the tactic: as effective use of game mechanics go it's absolute genius.  But having had that raised CCP have at least decided to look into solutions.  I doubt if there will be a fix soon enough to affect Rev 3 (and therefore to affect our fight for Feyth), but at least they're working on an answer, now.

Twitter - Endieposts

neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #1205 on: September 16, 2007, 12:26:54 PM

PPPPS Smoske.

I hadn't seen this before but please
I know that for you guys its just an abstract you can rile people with but for some of us you are referring to real person we knew and loved. Somebody who we shared drinks with and talked about eve, the universe and everything.
Somebody who died a gruesome death while trying to drive his bike home.

Haha, look at people getting upset when we mock their dead friends, haha.

It has got to end somewhere
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1206 on: September 16, 2007, 02:06:13 PM

PPPPS Smoske.
Haha, look at people getting upset when we mock their dead friends, haha.

It has got to end somewhere

Give me a break, you guys are quite happy to play the racist card and wheel your dead friend's corpse out whenever it suits you.  At least admit it to yourself.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1207 on: September 17, 2007, 02:45:10 AM

Haha, look at people getting upset when we mock their dead friends our leadership wave around the corpse of someone a tiny percentage of our current alliance membership knew as a banner cynically to raise op participation, haha.

There, I fixed that up nicely, and if you can't remember Eve-O thread after Eve-O thread where Molle, uber-tard Fire59 and others happily played the Smoske card then you're high, because those are cherished and treasured memories in GF, quoted in dozens of sigs.

The problem for Bob is that it's been done so often that Smoske isn't even a real person to the average Eve-O pubbie these days: if they even know about "Smoske" it's as that thing that BoB forum warriors shout about when they desperately want to derail a thread.  That's what happens when your leadership use their dead "friend" to try and win imaginary internet spaceship games.

I don't have any reason to doubt your feelings on the subject: maybe he really was your friend.  And maybe you should go argue with Molle and dbp about it.

Twitter - Endieposts

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1208 on: September 17, 2007, 07:44:01 AM

stuff

I'm still wondering which DigitalCommunist character was banned.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1209 on: September 17, 2007, 08:07:21 AM

stuff

Do I really have to walk you through it?  Don't be daft, of course he wasn't banned.  Think for just a second: if he was banned then his character couldn't be looked up at all, just as happened with your tame Admiral Kanchenjungawaggalogga.  Banned characters don't just change corp, they disappear.  I wanted someone - and I think we all know it was always going to be you, LC - to post in wild-eyed, frothing outrage about goon double standards, and bless: you went for it right on cue.  The Smoske bit worked out rather nicely, too.

I know a lot of people have fun pestering the GMs with DC's knee-jerk racism and 1936-era pronouncements, but I wouldn't petition DC, because I'd be very afraid that he would actually get banned.  I see DC as up there with Molle as exactly the sort of idiots that anyone would want to be in charge of their opposition: the allies didn't assassinate Hitler, despite having two good opportunities, for much the same reason: why risk someone competent take charge?

Edit: Booyah, FNLN always gets, or rather got, his.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 08:27:45 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Hakeldaima
Terracotta Army

Reply #1210 on: September 17, 2007, 03:41:57 PM

This doesn't change the fact that gossip hungry nerds want to know why DC isn't in Evolution anymore. Considering his stature in BoB I find it kind of strange that the only mention I've found of him leaving on any Eve related forum is here. Is it simply a matter of him having had enough of 0.0 pos warfare and leaving Evol on good terms?

Seems like a waste of good drama material.

(Hey btw. First post and all that.)
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1211 on: September 17, 2007, 11:02:30 PM

stuff

Do I really have to walk you through it?  Don't be daft, of course he wasn't banned.  Think for just a second: if he was banned then his character couldn't be looked up at all, just as happened with your tame Admiral Kanchenjungawaggalogga.  Banned characters don't just change corp, they disappear.  I wanted someone - and I think we all know it was always going to be you, LC - to post in wild-eyed, frothing outrage about goon double standards, and bless: you went for it right on cue.  The Smoske bit worked out rather nicely, too.

I know a lot of people have fun pestering the GMs with DC's knee-jerk racism and 1936-era pronouncements, but I wouldn't petition DC, because I'd be very afraid that he would actually get banned.  I see DC as up there with Molle as exactly the sort of idiots that anyone would want to be in charge of their opposition: the allies didn't assassinate Hitler, despite having two good opportunities, for much the same reason: why risk someone competent take charge?

Edit: Booyah, FNLN always gets, or rather got, his.

It's obvious that you mixed up "Digital Communist" and "DigitalCommunist". Don't give me that "I was just trolling" bullshit.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:04:21 PM by LC »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1212 on: September 18, 2007, 01:24:28 AM

Edit:  Oops, i almost got counter-trolled  :-D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 01:47:10 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1213 on: September 20, 2007, 03:15:55 AM

I wasn't around, so this may not be accurate, but I gather that Bob & MC took 50 caps and supercaps to take down an IAC tower last night, but IAC and AAA defended successfully.  Only cap losses I know of were 2 attacking dreads, but the way things are giong there I'd be amazed if no carriers got blown up on either or both sides.  Anyway, notorious roleplayers joined in and the tower ended up repped and restronted.

Meanwhile, Corm, Rise, ISS and other southern pets are feeling the heat now: we're hammering them pretty constantly, taking out POSes, keeping their station services down 24/7 for days at a time then blowing up the carriers trying to rep them, interdicting their money-making, relisting their markets and generally making life miserable by sitting in local and doing a Tokyo Rose.  I suppose that McBob would say that they are doing the same thing vs IAC (although not throughout all their space like Rise, Corm et al are facing), so it comes down to whether IAC or Rise/Corm/others have better cohesion and are likely to last longest until their allies get back.  I'd be surprised if that turned out to be Rise.

Twitter - Endieposts

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1214 on: September 20, 2007, 08:58:52 AM

My money is on IAC.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1215 on: September 21, 2007, 02:35:02 AM

My money is on IAC.

Well, today will be a good guide to that, since there are five IAC POSes coming out of reinforced.  If they manage to save most of those then FAT- will begin to look awfully like 9-9.  If not, it must hit their morale.  I'm presuming, though, that you know about Prohibition 1 & 2?

My bet is on Corm.  Of course, my leadership tells me what the real situation is, so you might well suspect that I have info you don't.  You might, therefore, wish not to take the bet  :-D

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1216 on: September 21, 2007, 03:16:15 AM

Posting in a "Reposting from the War Room" thread.  tongue

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1217 on: September 21, 2007, 03:35:20 AM

Posting in a "Reposting from the War Room" thread.  tongue

Actually the FAT tower pattern was from SHC :colbert:

The Hippoking sends his regards.

Edit: doesn anyone else see the hand of the Mittani in the various mass ship thefts/moduleless towers etc comedy disasters that have afflicted CORM?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 03:38:16 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1218 on: September 21, 2007, 04:04:22 AM

Tyrrax's thread in TWR is pretty :awesome: though. :)

As for CORM et al - it's a little tricky to tell where GIA meddling ends and flat-out incompetance begins, tbh. I mean, anchoring a faction large POS and then setting up no modules for it whatsoever? That's a special kind of genius right there.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1219 on: September 21, 2007, 08:23:22 AM

Oh, RISE are so broken.

The MIttani, who of course sends his regards, just gave us an mp3 of some spectacular retard called luckyduck giving the worst pep talk ever to everyone on RISE who would turn out.  It's a shame that they couldn't Rise Above 35 active, but that must be just as well, because he tells them, in the most depressed tones, that their morale is shot, that they can't get fleets out, that Bob can't stop GF in P8, that Rise "might" lose sov 4, that they should avoid fighting the people camping their systems, and so much more.  Roy of CA is virtually redundant with this guy around.

I'm off to listen to it again.

Edit: "your fleet commander have gone AWOL... you guys morale is down.... if you can't handle this you don't need to be in 0.0... you gotta hunker down... we're more exhausted than you are... [Player Left.. Player Left... Player Left] ... we need you guys to hunker down... we know you guys are gonna lose territory... quite frankly with all three of you combined you don't have the numbers to take on the goons... hell don't even read the forums.. it doesn't matter that you can't take them on, we know you can't take them on, you guys know it, they know it..."

Further Edit: Seriously, I used quote marks because he says all that.  And much, much more.  With occasional pauses to tell his audience how awesome he is.  Really.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 12:10:05 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1220 on: September 21, 2007, 09:10:00 AM

For you, the war is over - -> Me that is. My POS went offline because I messed up the fuel (5 days does not equal 21 days) and then stuffed up my clone location and left it in 25S. Whoops. I wounder if FIX will put up a tower in it's place.

The 70+ fleet that was camping the gate I came through from Y-P to FAT was a nice send off.

I'm currently a Prisoner of War in 25S station, awaiting rescue. That and I got playing WoW again (mabye this time I'll get over level 30). Best thing about EvE: I can go away for 3 weeks and train Cruiser V and then Battleship IV and V. Edit- I do have jump clones elsewhere, but I'm happy to wait for awhile.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 10:10:33 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1221 on: September 21, 2007, 03:50:10 PM

For you, the war is over - -> Me that is. My POS went offline because I messed up the fuel (5 days does not equal 21 days) and then stuffed up my clone location and left it in 25S. Whoops. I wounder if FIX will put up a tower in it's place.

The 70+ fleet that was camping the gate I came through from Y-P to FAT was a nice send off.

I'm currently a Prisoner of War in 25S station, awaiting rescue. That and I got playing WoW again (mabye this time I'll get over level 30). Best thing about EvE: I can go away for 3 weeks and train Cruiser V and then Battleship IV and V.
I believe that you can get gm's to move you in cases like that.  Also that's why you should have jump clones.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #1222 on: September 21, 2007, 04:24:28 PM

That's a big negatory on GMs moving you, good buddy. I petitioned when CHSN dropped sov in Tribute. I had set my clone to the outpost and when I logged in, I couldn't move it. I undocked into a bubble and got podded. GM told me tough cookies, so I opportunistically ran out after a server crash in a shuttle.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1223 on: September 21, 2007, 04:39:17 PM

McBob didn't manage to take out a single one of the 5 IAC POSes to come out of reinforced.  This is beginning to strike a familiar pattern.  The offensive even shifted for a time, with IAC sacrificing a couple of dreads in an unsuccessful attempt to take down a some MC motherships.

Of course, RSF might well suffer the same knockback when dealing with their pets' home systems in weekend fights, where a lot of POSes are also coming out near the Bob carrier cache vOv

Edit for those who thought I was exaggerating over Luckyduck's supreme awfulness: http://gs.girsbrain.org/bob_peptalk_rise.html
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:55:37 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1224 on: September 23, 2007, 12:56:58 AM

Update, we went into Corm's space with the intention of showing them that their allies cannot and won't save them, and put every one of their towers in their base systems into reinforced.  We lost a Nyx and a bunch of capitals, but succeeded.  Every tower to come out so far has been destroyed.  It's dangerous attacking in such conditions, but I rather suspect I've almost won my bet with Joe over who would lose their space first already.  But hey, maybe Bob will give them more space in one of their remaining regions!

Hopefully Bob will give us "mad props" for "bringing it" in a "good fight".  We just want to please them like that once.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 10:34:52 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: