Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:16:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1955210 times)
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5005 on: April 29, 2009, 04:47:36 AM

Any update on 46DP?

Last I heard XIX has 3 about towers left.

So AAA is coming back to querious then, oh well.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5006 on: April 29, 2009, 09:00:47 AM

46dp Sov switched to -A-, so.. yes, seems its back to Querious.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5007 on: April 29, 2009, 09:13:18 AM

46dp Sov switched to -A-, so.. yes, seems its back to Querious.

Yeah, looks like -A- made it back to Querious: http://a-kills.com/kills.php?victim_alliance=Against%20ALL%20Authorities#

You should be looking at the 16:08 -16:10 timestamps

Initial reports are 120ish BS hulls + 50 some odds and ends.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:17:38 AM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5008 on: April 29, 2009, 03:36:07 PM

H74, Kenny's latest target (which they foolishly tried to do without asking for protection from their Russian masters), is hellpurged: they lost all their towers there today.  That's a dozen towers.

We killed one of Kenny's five towers in 1-S, their only Delve system.  One more and it will go neutral.

As noted, Kenny called in Russian help and they lost 120+ battleships and various support to our four tacklers.

In M0O, Exe's logistics mid-point in Delve, we killed one of their towers, so that will go neutral soon.

KIA and MM have outspammed Exe in one of their station systems.

Now we've taken down one of Exe's cyno jammers in another station system and are reinforcing everything.  Probably won't be the last action like taht of the night, I'd guess.

And now AAA are back en masse so we can expect this to get bogged down and messy for a while, with us back on the defensive and Kenny daring to log in caps again.  It's beginning to look like a bite-and-hold thing.  You see, Eve is a lot like WWI...

Oh, and Darius has handed over to Zapawork as the new Goonswarm CEO.  Long overdue, to be honest: we've been fighting the war without a CEO for well over a month.  Darius has probably been the most successful CEO since Remedial, and has led us into the Golden Age of Goons.  Now he needs to go and get ready for his kid's imminent arrival.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #5009 on: April 30, 2009, 12:52:43 PM

Thread has received a titanectomy. Discussion stage right.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5010 on: May 01, 2009, 05:21:49 AM

In somewhat related news, GF managed to get a couple of Titan pilots on at one time yesterday to DD a small Kenny++ fleet.  First time that's happened in months.

That it happened in 49- was pretty cool though.

They actually managed to get a tackle on one of the Titans as it was leaving but we broke that up right quick.

edit: and then later in the day:  http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1062752&page=1

edit2: If you don't want to visit CAOD (which is understandable) what it says is that a Atlas Titan pilot defected to GoonSwarm with his Titan plus parts for 3 more Titans and parts for a Nyx.

edit c: Thanks T-Rez.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 01:28:07 PM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5011 on: May 01, 2009, 01:18:08 PM

atlas, not -a-
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5012 on: May 01, 2009, 01:27:20 PM

atlas, not -a-

On the subject of Atlas, we just stole three titan component sets, as well as the component set for a nyx-class mothership, from them.  Amazingly it was done by Helen, one of our worst posters, in a turnaround which reflects the Susan Boyle phenomenon.  We now have to reassess our belief that ugly posters are completely without merit elsewhere, also.

There is some confusion as to whether the haul also included an avatar-class titan.  Like I say, Helen is not a great poster.  Oh and we stole almost 24,000 promethium.  I dunno if that's worth much vOv

Bobby Atlas's damage control efforts are pretty funny...

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5013 on: May 01, 2009, 01:31:24 PM

Well after a bit of a welp last night where we got a titan tackled and a gang lead by Yaay managed to kill one of our dreads (albeit at the cost of 60% of his fleet) Kenny felt emboldened, probably for the first time in their history, to actually come along and try and help defend a pet with their capitals. So they came into Z-M and repped up some towers and laid siege to KIA towers in system.

Then Mollie decided he needed a few more reinforcements. And ordered the cynojammer offlined.

4 hours later 4 EXE Towers were ash, with more on the way and his fleet was scattered to the winds.

Oops.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 01:47:39 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5014 on: May 01, 2009, 03:34:11 PM

Actually, I think the Atlas multiple-titan/nyx/prom theft today is possibly the biggest corp theft in Eve ever.

Also, since Exe's sov 4 is at risk of going down, Kenny have alarm-clocked for tonight in a couple of CTAs, and are intending to use caps.  If that's true then presumably they have backup from friends, too.  Either way this has a lot of potential for extreme destruction or extreme blueballs....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:36:05 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5015 on: May 01, 2009, 07:00:53 PM

On thursday Razor brought a 40+ mostly cruiser gang into Providence.  I have no idea how many of the locals they got but the CVA greeted them with an old fashioned Amarrian face melt. 

You know, it is nice that players can still just throw down.  Yeah, we are heavy handed (24 battleships or so), however, it is actual pvp.  There were no towers, no cap ships just a shooting match.  I imagine Razor is just here blowing off steam from the campaign in former BoB territory.  No ill will really, aside from them being KOS bastards.  A little pressure is good for 0.0 residents.  Need to hammer them into something capable without shattering the mold. 

In other news, 1 goon flying an executioner died in 9uy.  Expected Jihad incoming!  why so serious?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5016 on: May 02, 2009, 01:55:46 AM

The Kenny alarm clock eventually killed one of the towers they were after, and two of our dreads. Sub cap losses about even.

A little earlier, Skunk Works was losing a mothership in 49- to PL and RZR, in what is thought to be the same op.

http://www.eve-razor.com/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=164534

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5017 on: May 02, 2009, 05:40:00 AM

After Atlas losing the titan, three titan component sets, nyx component set and promethium, their weekend just got worse when xDeathx and PL took one of their R64 moons.

Twitter - Endieposts

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5018 on: May 02, 2009, 05:57:41 AM

The extra campaign stats now on our killboard make interesting reading, and appear to back up the general feel most goons have about AAA and Kenny.

We're killing 2 AAA for every 1 loss. And the isk cost of those kills and losses is running at about 1.5:1.
http://f13.7mph.com/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=11

OTOH

We're killing 5 Kenny for each loss to them. And our kills are costing Kenny 30 times what our losses cost us.
http://f13.7mph.com/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=12

In better news for Kenny, their member count is finally stabilising. They are up by 5 over the last week from 2563 to 2568, I think this the first time they've up over a period of seven days since the disband (pre disband they had 3300 members).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 06:01:24 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5019 on: May 02, 2009, 06:52:31 AM

how strange, my corp' s killboard shows goons getting wiped out http://collective.a-eve.com/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=216

i wonder why that is :V
Yoru

Reply #5020 on: May 02, 2009, 07:08:20 AM

how strange, my corp' s killboard shows goons getting wiped out http://collective.a-eve.com/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=216

Don't be a chode.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5021 on: May 02, 2009, 11:12:14 AM

would you like me to go into detail on why a corporation's kb stats vs an alliance, where both the corp and hostile alliance are part of larger coalitions, is not useful nor interesting to talk about?  especially when the corporation kb is a small sample size (aka it isn't goonfleet)
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #5022 on: May 02, 2009, 11:43:18 AM

To be fair, Trevor is right about this.

If you have two opposing alliances, each with ten corps fielding ten ships, you have a hundred ships on each side. Imagine an engagement where exactly half of all ships (i.e. 50 on each side) are destroyed. If we, for simplicity, assumes that all the corps get on all the killmails, each corp will have killed 50 ships in the engagement and lost at most 10, and on average 5. This means that all of the corps, on both sides of the engament will get an (on average) 50:5 kill ratio and 90% efficiency in a battle that was a draw.

This is just one of the many reasons kill:death ratios are somewhat meaningless. If you want something meaningful, look at the sov maps and possibly the number of R64 moons. Both Goonswarm and AAA is at around 125 systems and 30+ outposts. KenZoku is at 5 systems and 2 outposts.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #5023 on: May 02, 2009, 11:53:16 AM

Killboards are the special olympics for statistics, everybody is a winner.
Yoru

Reply #5024 on: May 02, 2009, 12:06:26 PM

would you like me to go into detail on why a corporation's kb stats vs an alliance, where both the corp and hostile alliance are part of larger coalitions, is not useful nor interesting to talk about?  especially when the corporation kb is a small sample size (aka it isn't goonfleet)

No, because that was my point.

Further, that isn't even a single corporation's killboard - it's the F13 killboard, hence why it might be of interest to those here, if only for guffaws. But I suppose you wouldn't understand that, not being from around here and all.

Now shut the fuck up and stop trying to wave around your e-dong.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5025 on: May 02, 2009, 12:52:53 PM

Got to love moderators. I suppose the edong comment refers to eldaec original post on how wonderful the f13 kill/death ratio is, correct? How about you treat participants in this forum with respect, and we get back to discussing things that are more meaningful than killboards?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5026 on: May 02, 2009, 02:12:50 PM

Jesus christ, I assumed most people were able to get the point that the stats suggest AAA is a lot more effective than Ken, rather than how good those numbers are/aren't for us, without me having to spell it out. 2 to 1 against on a board like ours is pretty fucking good from AAAs point of view, again, I assumed this was obvious.

Apologies.

ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #5027 on: May 02, 2009, 04:35:48 PM

This thread continues to deliver.
 Popcorn
Carry on.
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #5028 on: May 03, 2009, 12:32:02 AM

The really wrong thing about this killboard link is that apparently we lost more battleships than T1 frigates to The Collective.
This must not stand!

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5029 on: May 03, 2009, 03:31:00 AM

Setar is right, introducing killboard stats into this discussion is a recipe for yoru having to rip it apart and syndicate a ton of posts. There may be a discussion about how likely f13 people are to kill kenny ships as opposed to aaa ones, and why that is (which is all you can tell, prima facie at least, from our kb) but I really would hate it if this was where it happened.

Anyway, I am stuck posting from a blackberry in the highlands so tell me about the dramatic sweep of things? As a matter of interest, is evil thug happy now he has achieved his war aims (I seem to remember he once announced that he'd fight until feyth was taken and darius was no longer ceo - shame zapa, the new ceo, was the warmongering diplomat)?

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5030 on: May 03, 2009, 03:52:14 AM

EXE is on the way to losing 2 stations tonight- EXE/Kenny fleet got DD'd before downtime on the G-Q gate in Z-M. There are zero AAA/Stainwagon kills I can see. ET seems to have stopped sending assistance (though we did lose a Dread in mysterious circumstances).

Also, their focus fire sucks - Who shots an Ass-Frig with 15 BS in a fleet fight? I came back in a brickdrake and soaked up more BS fire next time. Guess having a high character letter does help sometimes.

Going to be a big fight after downtime for the 2 EXE stations in Period Basis. If Evil Thug is going to save them, he needs to do it tonight.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5031 on: May 03, 2009, 07:49:24 AM

Yes, we seem to be in waiting mode for the time being.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5032 on: May 03, 2009, 10:08:07 AM

No surprise to me tbh.

Anyway current situation.

Towers

Z-M - 9 Coalition, 7 Alliance

G-Q - 7 Coalition, 4 Alliance

Alliance fleet DDed by Goonswarm. Alliance fleet massacred by Coalition in straight fleet combat. Coalition Towers repped up in Alliance primetime. Coalition could be said to be rampaging through Period Basis. Alliance tower reinforrced with 7 hour timer.

Predictions: ISD reports things going well for Barbie and Ken, with only a few losses in minor skirmishes. Crapheap soon to lock all threads dealing with this. CAOD will recieve reports if infighting in goonswarm as there is a thread with people arguing over the new avatar of one of our FCs.

{edit} C-7 R64 moon is lost to Ken. Kenny fleet owned, then as they withdrew they got double DDed in the next system on the gate. Mollie died in 2 characters.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:37:32 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5033 on: May 03, 2009, 01:52:53 PM

That was amazing.

EXE is losing their home, but Kenny is losing a single moon so that makes it an all points CTA from everyone to save it.

Kenny fleet beaten in a conventional fight in Period Basis. Hostile Fleet Command disintegrates. Runs away, gets beaten again after warping only 60km from the gate, fleet routs, Doomsdayed. 40+ kills for about 10 deaths on our side. Multiple EXE towers down.

Kenny fleet beaten in a conventional fight in Querious.  Hostile Fleet Command disintegrates.  Runs away, gets beaten again after warping to a gate, fleet routes, Doomsdayed. 140+ kills for about 20 deaths on our side. Multiple EXE towers down (and a R64 tower down for Molle). 

I also got my first ever solo kill of a piloted hostile ship. Manticore decides to undock from the EXE station and sits there while I target, lock and point him in a tackledrake. And Pod him afterwards.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5034 on: May 03, 2009, 02:19:14 PM

what do you mean by hostile fleet command disintegrates?  TS spies saying they broke down (or had infighting?), or just bad decisions they made in game that you could see?  I'm pretty curious
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5035 on: May 03, 2009, 02:33:26 PM

Complete lack of focus firing. 

Anti-support spending too much time shooting Battlecruisers and not dictors bubbling their fleet.

Extremely bad sniper warp ins (since when does 60km from the gate count as a sniper warp in?).

Enemy fleet split up into multiple groups.

Routing from a system towards jump gates with known enemy fleets waiting for them.

Jumping backward and forward into and out of systems out of and into bubble camps on both sides. Twice.

Obvious Panic as every ship tried to save itself.

Enemy dictors dropping bubbles to slow down pursuit that instead catches larges numbers of friends in the bubbles.

No waiting for stragglers but running as fast as the lead ships could get away, and both times running headlong into double Doomsdays. This headlong rush to escape was lead by SirMolle himself, who died to the DD's while the rest of his fleet was mostly scrambled two jump's behind him.   

Now granted, we did out number the hostiles both times, and victory breeds it's own success on your side and defeat leads to greater dislocation on the their side. Both times I saw clear indications of not just a retreat, but a complete rout from the battlefield. It reminded me of the battles in the W-4 Constellation just under 3 months ago in the original Delve Invasion. However, in those battles the GBC and Kenny forces kept together for 4 hours before collapsing, and a retreat to PR-, which though ended in the greatest siege of the Eve Galaxy, was still a well ordered and planned retreat. Today's fights they lasted all of 30 minutes followed by 2 hours of pursuit of a shattered band of individuals.  SirMolle died at the head of his fleet...unfortunately the head of the fleet was running as fast as he could away from the battlefield while his loyal minions were getting massacred to cover his escape.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:43:30 PM by Comstar »

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5036 on: May 03, 2009, 03:44:33 PM

For the AAA fans -A- Anchored a small tower in I1y. That was filled with AAA sitting inside it after the battle above. And is now in rienforced.

{edit} Just found out AAA was involved in the C-7 battle. Wooo

Tower situ

Z-M Current Status:
7 friendly KIA large versus 5 hostile EXE large (61 moons total).

G-Q Current Status:
7 friendly KIA large (plus 3 filler towers) versus 1 hostile EXE large (12 moons total)

Hint. That means G-Q is in real trouble. Which means sov 4 is in trouble if their last tower goes down, as if the station is captured (as it will be if the System goes neutral even if the KIA towers have not started claiming yet, which they haven't) that means the counter to break sov 4 starts. The Tower comes out tomorrow morning GMT.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:47:42 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5037 on: May 04, 2009, 06:16:33 AM

2 towers down in Z-M and one in G-Q this morning. G-Q should now be neutral.

Hic sunt dracones.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5038 on: May 04, 2009, 08:26:56 AM

as far as i know, this will be the first 'defended by a somewhay competent alliance' constellation with sov4 to go down.  there's definitely arguments to be made about whether it was defended , or defended competently, but  i think it's the best example so far.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5039 on: May 04, 2009, 10:28:08 AM

According to Mittani's latest update, there is a grand total of one enemy tower left in Z-M. G-Q station is in the hands of KIA.

As of a couple of hours ago, we hit 49-. Tanked a Doomsday taking down the jammer then cynoed in our caps. Hellpurge commencing.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:29:49 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: