Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:49:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9!  (Read 441180 times)
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: May 25, 2007, 01:35:07 PM

You should have seen the original threadnaught. By god it was marvellous. Especially considering how long it took for the mods to catch on. Over twenty pages of image macros!

Also, that dickhead of sharkbait was infiltrating one of the Goonswarm corporations without cleaning up the audit logs.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 01:36:47 PM by TripleDES »

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #316 on: May 25, 2007, 01:43:32 PM

What's a threadnaught?
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: May 25, 2007, 01:48:59 PM

What's a threadnaught?
You'll know one when you see one.  evil

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: May 25, 2007, 01:53:41 PM

You can't have a good CCP scandal without a threadnaught.  Just like the game!

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #319 on: May 25, 2007, 01:57:26 PM

Frankly, I see the hand of The Mittani in this one.  After the last few months, that BoB could or would exert influence in CCP like this?  That they've subverted the Internal Affairs group at CCP?  As compared to the possibility that The Mittani could or would manufacture a scandal?  Occam's Razor.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: May 25, 2007, 02:48:50 PM

Frankly, I see the hand of The Mittani in this one.  After the last few months, that BoB could or would exert influence in CCP like this?  That they've subverted the Internal Affairs group at CCP?  As compared to the possibility that The Mittani could or would manufacture a scandal?  Occam's Razor.

--Dave
Or, you know, CCP are corrupt and BoB are a bunch of cheats. Except we already know this from the T20 thing.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=526190
The moderators have alerted CCP and the IA team regarding allegations of Dev misconduct. They will conduct their investigation, however its the weekend so it will take some time for the Devs to provide an answer. Please be patient.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 02:51:26 PM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: May 25, 2007, 02:50:35 PM

So, is BoB's cock sugar coated or what?

Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: May 25, 2007, 02:51:02 PM

Honestly I think it's safer to assume that the Eve devs are gently loving incompetent and corrupt on a level not seen in other mmos.  I mean mitani being cloak and dagger isn't hard to believe but I honestly think it's more likely that sharkbait is not nearly as sneaky as he thinks he is.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: May 25, 2007, 02:55:40 PM

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: May 25, 2007, 02:58:18 PM

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: May 25, 2007, 03:09:07 PM

EVEO forums disabled. :V

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: May 25, 2007, 03:27:44 PM

GoonFleets letter to CCP

With this extra bit of intel
[ 2007.03.20 06:30:15 ] Orange Species > isd reporters are not to interfere with gameplay
[ 2007.03.20 06:30:22 ] Orange Species > that includes getting too close
[ 2007.03.20 06:30:25 ] Orange Species > to our ships
[ 2007.03.20 06:30:32 ] D4kkon > petition her
[ 2007.03.20 06:30:57 ] Orange Species > nah no petition
[ 2007.03.20 06:31:00 ] Orange Species > msn chat is enough
[ 2007.03.20 06:31:05 ] D4kkon > rgr

Orange Species merely needs MSN to get CCP help, according to this log.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Fmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: May 25, 2007, 03:31:51 PM

I'm more interested in the CCP sharkbait business myself.
Its really suspicious.

Darkstar 1, (corporation who CCP employee made himself director of) is one of the big capital ship producers for goonswarm.
They were the ones that were talking about maybe building supercapitals for goonswarm.
People that have 'director' status can quickly see IF the corporation has the buildings to create a supercapital & where the building is.

I think thats why it has really set off alarms with goons.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: May 25, 2007, 03:52:58 PM

I'm more interested in the CCP sharkbait business myself.
Its really suspicious.

Darkstar 1, (corporation who CCP employee made himself director of) is one of the big capital ship producers for goonswarm.
They were the ones that were talking about maybe building supercapitals for goonswarm.
People that have 'director' status can quickly see IF the corporation has the buildings to create a supercapital & where the building is.

I think thats why it has really set off alarms with goons.

So BoB would then know where to attack and kill an incubating titan?  Or I am missing something?  Why the hell would the goons outsource something like building a titan, anyway?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: May 25, 2007, 03:54:39 PM

It's a goon alt corp I believe.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Fmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: May 25, 2007, 04:09:38 PM

So BoB would then know where to attack and kill an incubating titan?  Or I am missing something?  Why the hell would the goons outsource something like building a titan, anyway?

Darkstar 1 is a member of goonswarm.
Someone would know IF a supercapital (mothership/titan) is being built & WHERE its being built.

Then again, maybe the CCP employee was doing some completely harmless unrelated activity.
If thats the case, the employee should have handled it very differently.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: May 25, 2007, 04:25:21 PM

Sharkbait was hired into the QA team for the internal test server and SiSi. He has no goddamn business on the live server with his employee/godmode account.

Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: May 25, 2007, 04:26:00 PM

If this was any other game I would probably assume the players were just jumping to conclusions and causing drama, with CCP though, you have to wonder. They lost a lot of credibility with the T20 incident. It will be interesting to see what they have to say when the forums come back up.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #333 on: May 25, 2007, 05:32:12 PM

Wow.  I've never even tried Eve, but I'm kind of glad now that I didn't.  This kind of drama just reeks of old UO and EQ stuff.  Hell, when I was in the guide program, I was privy to all kinds of dirty laundry, but at least that stuff had resolution and whatnot.  This just seems too open-ended to be fair.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #334 on: May 25, 2007, 06:36:47 PM

CCP are trying to spin it to say the dev joined the goonswarm capital corp Darkstar1 and gave himself director level access to fix a pos bug.  Only thing is according to the CEO of darkstar1, when he joined they only had 2 small pos and neither had modules fitted, it's also been stated that nobody in darkstar1 filled a petition for any kind of bug.

Lots of goons being banned from the forums and ingame for posting questions in the official feedback thread or linking to the story from ingame chat channels.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #335 on: May 25, 2007, 06:52:28 PM

Anyone wanna buy my account? :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Fmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: May 25, 2007, 07:03:36 PM

Not sure what to say about this:
Dianabolic = #2 man of BoB.  The organization that is accused of having devs 'on call'

Quote from: Dianabolic
You do realise that, in a previous witch hunt, the fact that many of us speak to the devs / gm's / employees of CCP on a regular basis as friends is already common knoweldge?

And you're now complaining that we speak to these people, who are also our friends, about stuff in-game?
Do you lot REALLY think that the "top" people, Hillmar and Oveur etc, are party to all of this? Of course they're not, this is their cash cow.

Get over yourselves.

Quote from: random guy
So basically you do have a special line straight to the devs and presumably get special favors because of that? Thanks for confirming.

Quote from: dianabolic
We have a "special" line (if you want to call msn that) to our FRIENDS.
Even devs need friends, you know, they're not robots.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: May 25, 2007, 07:10:25 PM

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #338 on: May 25, 2007, 07:12:45 PM

Figured some of you may be interested in this, it's been added to the old thread here but that's 20 pages long.

http://goonfleet.com/open_letter_to_CCP.html

Three new allegations all raised today by goonswarm (the largest alliance in the game, also currently at war with the alliance BoB which had the CCP dev helping them last time).

1.  RP events that have in-game rewards are being rigged
2.  An in-game reporter gets fired on the spot for not leaving space when told to by a player in BoB.
3.  A dev joins a goonswarm corporation, gives himself guildmaster level access permissions then leaves, a petition from the CEO asking about this is closed and deleted.

More links

http://digg.com/pc_games/EVE_Creators_CCP_Under_Fire_Again_for_Alleged_Corruption_Open_Letter_Made

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/26/0016226&threshold=1

http://www.brokentoys.org/2007/05/25/eve-blows-up-again/

Official forums suffer a meltdown after the locking and deleting of all posts regarding the above, CCP then responds and opens one heavily moderated feedback thread here.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #339 on: May 25, 2007, 07:24:30 PM

Chain of events, as near as I can figure it out:

ISD reporter friendly to Coalition is covering a battle between BoB and the Coalition.

ISD reporter is being a dick in local.

BoB leadership is being dicks back.

ISD reporter jumps in front of a moving BoB dread, which effectively bumps it (I know this can happen, I've been in the ship that bumped into an ISD ship).

BoB leadership bitches out ISD reporter about it in local.

ISD reporter calls BoB leadership liars in local.

BoB leadership uses MSN to contact IA in CCP.

IA comes in and boots the reporter from ISD.

Reporter drops dramabomb at Kuguetsman.

Goons jump on new "evidence" of CCP corruption.

That about cover it?

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #340 on: May 25, 2007, 07:29:12 PM

I like it better all in one thread. Moving to the other one.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #341 on: May 25, 2007, 07:31:49 PM

Why is IA doing the job of a GM?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #342 on: May 25, 2007, 07:36:40 PM

I like it better all in one thread. Moving to the other one.

Can you put a pointer here from general or something?  This is bigger story than GM Darwin and it's a current front story of digg, /. and brokentoys, few people read this subforum unless they are interested in Eve already and people come here for general mmorpg news.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: May 25, 2007, 07:39:01 PM

Diana sez "get ur own devs nubs":

He's the gift that keeps on giving.
Fmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: May 25, 2007, 07:42:30 PM

That about cover it?
--Dave

Not really...

The way it reads to me:
-Neutral ISD reporter is covering a BoB versus goon fight.
-ISD reporter teleports to 1km of BoB dread & insta moves to 80km.
-BoB accuses reporter of bumping the dread.
-ISD reporter claims otherwise.
-BoB demands reporter leave system.
-Reporter refuses.
-BoB threatens to get on MSN & take care of reporter.
-ISD reporter immediately contacts boss & boss says not to worry about it.
-A random CCP employee uses an internal system to contact the reporter & demands he leave the system.
-CCP internal affairs is immediately contacted & lets the reporter know that the random CCP employee that just demanded that he leave is actually a QA employee.
-Reporter is told not to worry about it.
-Three hours later, reporter is fired without a word.  (after being employed for 1.5 years)
-All requests for further information by reporter are ignored.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: May 25, 2007, 07:43:24 PM

Because the ISD reporter was violating the rules, getting into factional pissing matches in local of a battle he was only supposed to be observing, and interfering with the course of that battle, so IA came to boot him out?

--Dave

EDIT: Which is why this feels like social engineering to me, the reporter went *way* over the line of "neutral and objective" in the local chatlogs, like he was trying to provoke an incident.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 07:45:44 PM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
Fmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: May 25, 2007, 07:45:50 PM

Because the ISD reporter was violating the rules, getting into factional pissing matches in local of a battle he was only supposed to be observing, and interfering with the course of that battle, so IA came to boot him out?

--Dave

IA didn't boot the reporter.
Random CCP employee from QA demand he leave.

We seem to have two different tales here, I'll reread it to make sure I'm not way off base here...
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #347 on: May 25, 2007, 07:50:43 PM

--Dave

EDIT: Which is why this feels like social engineering to me, the reporter went *way* over the line of "neutral and objective" in the local chatlogs, like he was trying to provoke an incident.
That didn't really answer my question. Isn't IA supposed to investigate in-game misconduct by CCP employees? If IA is itself actively "policing" things in-game who investigates IA in-game misconduct?
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: May 25, 2007, 07:51:36 PM

I had missed the part about the QA employee.  So, BoB contacted a QA employee at CCP, which IA investigated and responded by booting the reporter.  Assuming that CCP IA are not *complete* idiots, which is more likely: IA punished the reporter because of his contact with a case of BoB/CCP corruption, thereby drastically increasing the chance of exposure, or; IA kicked out the reporter because he was blatantly violating the rules ISD reporters are supposed to follow?

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #349 on: May 25, 2007, 07:51:58 PM

--Dave

IA didn't boot the reporter.
Random CCP employee from QA demand he leave.

We seem to have two different tales here, I'll reread it to make sure I'm not way off base here...

Don't worry, Dave is always on a different page cause he's leet ;) Its kinda nice having the BoB representitive in here though, keeps it "fair and balanced". Just like EvE!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9!  
Jump to: