Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:37:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: ASCN vs BOB 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ASCN vs BOB  (Read 24848 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: October 10, 2006, 07:20:55 AM

I learned today from the Q2T forums that -V- has joined ASCN against BOB.  I'm not really sure if I should be happy or sad.  However, I'm glad that I won't be a BOB war-target.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 07:22:53 AM

I guess -V- got bored with locking RA down constantly.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 08:12:21 AM

I think you are forgetting they are elite PVP'ers.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 08:14:24 AM

MC got hired..and attacked IAC. FIX joined in. One guess who payed for the 22 MC dreads (IAC got their station back last night. Guy I know got the naming rights, though he didn't use them) and they start with the letter B.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 08:44:55 AM

For a laugh, take a look at the 'Latest' map on the Alliances and Corps board.  RA now has several regions again.

I think V is in a slow death spiral.  The leadership just isn't there.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 09:38:52 AM

I think V is in a slow death spiral.  The leadership just isn't there.

Siding against BoB might remove the "slow" modifier from your statement.  Then again, BoB has no reason to waste effort on -V- as far as I know.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 09:42:06 AM

Yeah, BoB might lift a hand to maybe incite a few other people to pirate in or attack V, which can't commit resources outside of its own region without getting swept by RA. I doubt BoB'd waste their time directly. They have much more immediate matters to attend to.

Like where to put the money vase: next to the money TV or on the money endtable?

Or maybe whether they should slap ASCN around a bit. Although I hear ASCN has (or had?) a titan too, so it might be a good fight.

Popcorn anyone?
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 09:53:41 AM

I would like to see the clash of the titans if it ever came to that. As long as Harry Hamlin wasn't involved.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yoru

Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 10:31:30 AM

Is there any particular reason this is in War, by the way? I think our non-corp friends might have some interesting insights into this.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 10:52:38 AM

They should put engagements with capital ships on EveTV. That'd be cool, we could learn a lot from stuff like that.

- Viin
Yoru

Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 11:38:56 AM

Only problem is that you'd either get a close-in shot of everyone else with the giant ship as a backdrop, or you'd see the entirety of the capship and everyone else would look like little exploding gnats.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 12:41:12 PM

There is some info from a ASCN member on the Q2T boards if you want to read up, or you can wade into the official shit, but it seems pretty simple.  BoB attacked ASCN because they built a titan, first in the game.  ASCN has actually used it in this war, too; funny thing is that they took out some of their own people with the doomsday weapon, with exact losses dependent on who is posting at the moment.  What I'd love is an official killboard, ingame or via IGB even.  That might stop a lot of smacktalk, though.

From the postings I have seen, it seems that the doomsday weapon is fired into a cyno field and the blast comes out the other end.

Is there any particular reason this is in War, by the way? I think our non-corp friends might have some interesting insights into this.

I'm just paranoid.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 10:14:22 PM

What's a Titan?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Yoru

Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 11:31:26 PM

What's a Titan?

The ultimate toy for the ultimate Eve Catass. Think the Death Star.

And yes, it comes with the planet-explody ray.
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 02:54:36 AM

Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 06:58:26 AM

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 12:14:31 PM

Even better, here is a BSG-ish video of ASCN's titan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h5UJpO5Mik

It's rather large.

TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 12:25:56 PM

The BOB fleet ran with their penises between their legs (logged off) when they fired the doomsday weapon. Since it needs about 15 seconds to fire, they had enough time to notice and get out. The 15 secs are a lightshow, only after that the damage applies.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 12:34:25 PM

The 15 secs are a lightshow, only after that the damage applies.

Seems like a titan would be bad a sneak attacks, anyway.  But yeah, logoffski is what I read... from the ASCN posters of course.  The thing is that I also heard the doomsday (Judgement?) "only" does 64k damage?

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 01:21:27 PM

I really don't know much about the BOB/ASCN war, other than the fact that the lag-monster is forcing the most interesting battles into the forums.  FIX was invited by MC to assist them with their contract on IAC in exchange for services to be rendered later.  About half of those 22 dreads were FIX, and most of the standard fleets are FIX pilots and FIX commanders.  Nobody seems to have expected the flood of reinforcements behind IAC, I'm not sure if they're really there to support IAC or if they just think this is a piece of the BOB/ASCN war and they want a piece of it.  If BOB is the client for Operation Prohibition, they're spending a lot of money for a strategy that I can't see the goal of.  Nobody in FIX short of the most senior leadership knows who MC's client is, and I'm not totally certain about them (MC is *very* serious about client confidentiality, they don't even tell their own pilots).  Rather than thinking FIX and MC are doing BOB's bidding in some byzantine strategy of misdirection and domino theory, I'd look at IAC's neighbours and ask the obvious question: Que bono?

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 01:26:15 PM

Starting at 32.5k, it ranks up 10% per skill in Doomsday Operation which is a rank 14 (!) skill.  With hardeners, it's possible for a BS to withstand a shot from that weapon.  Most capital ships have tons of shielding to survive out of the box, and you can't shoot the weapon again for like an hour, so Doomsday is a one shot deal.  However, with 8 high slots and hundreds of m3 in drone capacity, the Titan isn't.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 01:36:45 PM

long term, this is becoming Risk-in-Space?
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 05:59:21 AM

long term, this is becoming Risk-in-Space?

No, RISK are up north generally being a pain in the ass in Pure Blind  :-D
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 07:37:55 AM

Allegly MC has *failed* in thier attack on IAC and has pulled back.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 08:47:27 AM

BoB (and MC/FIX/rest of their peons) strength is based as much on their EVE-O presence and board-warrior skills as their in-game ability (for example, they've somehow managed to portray the Goonswarm debacle as a BoB victory despite BoB failing utterly at their goals and giving up within a fortnight).

If reports start consistantly coming in about ASCN not giving up, about IAC driving back MC and so on, well - it'll be interesting to see how they spin it. Especially if ASCN manage to pull off a deep-strike counterattack that a) actually works this time (unlike their miserable failure last weekend) and b) hits the intended target...BoB's Titan(s)-under-construction.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 10:40:21 AM

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 11:25:41 AM

Tee hee.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 11:38:40 AM

I don't get it.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 12:41:40 PM

Look harder.  Or not.

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 01:30:36 PM

That's a very BoB system with ASCN sov. Wonder how long it'll stay.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 02:05:18 PM

Even if ASCN loses sov, their commanders are getting lots of experience, it's a black-eye for BoB, and I understand ASCN is a very industrial alliance with POS stockpiles.  On top of that, I hear some vultures are venturing into BoB space while they are preoccupied.  Too bad I can't believe everything I read.

Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 02:23:14 AM

On top of that, I hear some vultures are venturing into BoB space while they are preoccupied.  Too bad I can't believe everything I read.

There was a thread on Eve-O by Celestial Apocalypse inviting one and all to Fountain (a region held by BOB in everything but Sov) while BOB are away on their crusade, the reaction of the BOB forum warriors was.....amusing (and can all essentially be summed up as 'we wont be gone forever you know')
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 14, 2006, 04:41:01 AM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 03:38:07 PM

The thing is that I also heard the doomsday (Judgement?) "only" does 64k damage?
There are four racial doomsday weapons, each doing one damage type for 32000dmg. The ASCN titan apparently had two of them, hence the 64k damage.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 04:19:06 PM

Does it still take 1 person to fly titan or is it a team ship?

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: ASCN vs BOB  
Jump to: