Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest: Who's playing as What? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Titan Quest: Who's playing as What?  (Read 127286 times)
StGabe
Terracotta Army

Bruce without the furry.

Reply #105 on: July 10, 2006, 12:12:40 PM

I'm trying to come up with an Assassin or Brigand build which uses bleed.  There seems to be a lot of potential synergy there.  Assassin has an ability that gives a 33% chance of a 140 bleed when maxed out and a skill that increases bleed damage by 120% when maxed.  Hunter has a lot of abilities that allow you to shoot crazy amounts of arrows, with additional bleed chances.  Warrior just lets you get off lots of dual wield attacks.  Both builds take a lot of investment to work in the long run but seem interesting.

It can be confusing to be able to tell what abilities work with which weapons, etc.  Has anyone seen a good description of this.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #106 on: July 10, 2006, 12:20:19 PM

I'm going through with an Assassin right now, and I just started getting the rogue bleed abilities. As of now though, most things don't live long enough for the bleed damage to make much of a difference.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #107 on: July 10, 2006, 12:24:18 PM

I'm really questioning the design choice to make life leech a DoT instead of instant...  I'm going to need a supply of the treachery of set relics or something.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Strazos

Reply #108 on: July 10, 2006, 12:56:23 PM

Yeah, I really wish the weapon/based life leech things were instant...the DoT is almost useless if I 2-shot everything.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: July 10, 2006, 01:39:56 PM

Yeah, I really wish the weapon/based life leech things were instant...the DoT is almost useless if I 2-shot everything.

There are some items that are instant.  They are described as 6% damage goes to life or mana as opposed to the x% chance that xx hps go to life over 5 seconds, etc.  Those are item specific though.  I haven't seen any powers that do that.

I noticed I didn't start seeing those items until the end of normal mode.
Strazos

Reply #110 on: July 10, 2006, 02:16:02 PM

Oh, and just as a general observation....

I just got to the Parthenon in Athens....

While I thought the art so far was pretty damn good in the game...they took a very lazy approach to replicating the Athena Parthenos. I was disappointed.

Fear the Backstab!
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #111 on: July 10, 2006, 03:17:54 PM

It looks fine. Perhaps they should have taken eight years to "replicate" it like what them folks in Nashville done?

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Strazos

Reply #112 on: July 10, 2006, 03:23:25 PM

I just thought it looked really flat. They didn't even have her holding a spear.

Fear the Backstab!
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: July 10, 2006, 03:36:53 PM

Anyone played much with a Soothsayer yet? (Spirit/Nature)

It's so gamebreaking-ly awesome. I love it.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: July 10, 2006, 03:43:18 PM

Gimpness aside, I don't see how you guys can even cope with the targeting and control of melee. I find it really cumbersome.

Not sure if this has been addressed, but if you're real lazy just press and hold the left mouse button to autoattack, while holding down shift. Now move the mouse around while holding down those two buttons.

If there are 3 enemies to your north, just put the mouse NW, N, or NE. you'll kill them one at a time without pressing anything (just hold down shift and left click)

If while you're killing those 3, another guy approaches from the south, just move your mouse south of your character.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #115 on: July 10, 2006, 04:01:01 PM

The shift-targeting is key for larger multiplayer sessions. With 3-4 people, the swarms get pretty massive - I can only imagine what it's like with 6 - so I tend to hold down shift and SPRAY arrows in the general direction of the swarm. It works best for hunters if you can get all the dudes in a big long line, such as when they're coming around a softly curving corner - the outdoor maenad/satyr camps work best for this. In conditions like that, a hunter can lay out 30+ dudes at once with a few shots.
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: July 10, 2006, 04:51:44 PM

life leech is useless even with the insta kind. You can't out leech something that kills you in 2 hits at legendary, archers kills me in like 5 and seldom comes alone.
Strazos

Reply #117 on: July 10, 2006, 05:18:13 PM

Yeah, I like to let smaller packs surround my assassin, drop a Flash powder, and just turn in a circle while things die.

Fear the Backstab!
StGabe
Terracotta Army

Bruce without the furry.

Reply #118 on: July 10, 2006, 05:53:53 PM

Now that I read that bleed damage is heavily resisted by undead I'm rethinking that plan (although a knife/net-throwing Brigand could do a lot of ranged bleed damage and I may try the build some time).

I think I am going with an avenger.  He'd be heavily invested in bows with just enough Earth to get Brimstone 12 and add some fire damage.

Strazos

Reply #119 on: July 10, 2006, 08:00:20 PM

I find that Undead resisting my poison, bleed, and probably my pierce damage to be practically a non-issue.

Fear the Backstab!
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #120 on: July 10, 2006, 09:44:11 PM

I find that Undead resisting my poison, bleed, and probably my pierce damage to be practically a non-issue.

Good news. I am thinking of doing an assasin, so info would be appreciated. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Strazos

Reply #121 on: July 10, 2006, 09:58:37 PM

Pick another class.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

Fear the Backstab!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #122 on: July 10, 2006, 10:28:09 PM

Just stay the fuck away from Slayer, "there already are two apparently".     :-(

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #123 on: July 10, 2006, 10:54:42 PM

How about Stormcaller or Thane? I'm taking a break/bored/doing something else anyways.
StGabe
Terracotta Army

Bruce without the furry.

Reply #124 on: July 11, 2006, 12:13:04 AM

Since this seems to be a thread for discussing characters:

In addition to dexterity, should I raise intelligence or strength with my Avenger?

Argument for strength: I am going to max out hunting mastery and so I'll have strength already.  Concentrating on this will allow me to wear lots of armor.

Argument for intelligence: I can actually use the stat (for energy regen).

It's not clear to me, other than armor values, if int armor or str armor is best.  It seems that maybe int/dex is though?

Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #125 on: July 11, 2006, 09:14:43 AM

I just hit Egypt (Act 2) last night with my Spellbreaker who's really a Warrior (I invested 2 points in lifetap I think). I ripped through Greece pretty efficiently and at the end was able to tank the endboss with a minimum of fuss. We'll see how it goes in Act 2, I'm only a level or 2 away from maxing out my skill bar and being able to purchase 360o whackity-wack.

It helped that I looted an incredibly uber blue necklace off the mino lord. A damage with + damage! AND + damage %! AND more besides. What's not to love.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: July 11, 2006, 09:45:09 AM

[END BOSS SPOILER, you just see me autoattacking him though.]

Here's some soothsayer spank footage!

http://www.eefoof.com/video/2160

Current build (I think, I added this up while at work) -> http://tinyurl.com/ed3rx

Working towards -> http://tinyurl.com/zcdpl
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #127 on: July 11, 2006, 09:49:31 AM

Anyone played much with a Soothsayer yet? (Spirit/Nature)

It's so gamebreaking-ly awesome. I love it.

Fuck, I went with Storm.  Where ya been?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Strazos

Reply #128 on: July 11, 2006, 09:51:40 AM

I just got to Egypt. The Knossos bosses were actually a lot easier than I thought for my 19 Assassin. Both went down without too much fuss...the Minotaur was actually harder than the Telkine.

...I didn't get much loot for my trouble though. Best I got was a relic piece that completed a set.

Fear the Backstab!
Yoru

Reply #129 on: July 11, 2006, 11:04:57 AM

The bosses are often surprisingly poor for loot; I think their advantage is just that they sprinkled a handful of normal-drop-rate chests around most of the bosses so you get a few different rolls on the loot tables. Most of the stuff I've gotten that isn't from the end boss has come from completely random sources - rarely one of those awesome boss Majestic Chests, generally from some random skeleton or bone pile - probably because I'm whacking/opening hundreds of the latter and only opening a handful of the former.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: July 11, 2006, 11:08:25 AM

Ok i just bought this game and im only level 8 so i could use some tips.  This is what i came up with: Clicky!

Edit: oops looks like someone else already had the rogue/hunter bleed idea, bleh.  Well i doubt ill stick to a single character anyways, ill let ya know how it goes!

I am the .00000001428%
Mr. Right
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: July 11, 2006, 03:43:59 PM

lvl 26 Corsair (defense/rogue). 

I love it, it's good solo but it's realy going to shine in multiplayer. I'm raising my defense skill first with some minor investment in calculated strikes and blade honing.  The passive shield smash are incredible (especially pulverise which lets you hit 3 targets with your regular atks + increased dmg).  I'm torn between a knife/powder thrower or a trap layer for long term development (lvl 35 +).

I should finish the first difficulty this weekend.  I'll try to join some f13 games for some multiplayer goodness.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 03:58:22 PM by Mr. Right »
Strazos

Reply #132 on: July 11, 2006, 03:52:35 PM

Quick question: About how far through the game am I once I get to Egypt?

Fear the Backstab!
Yoru

Reply #133 on: July 11, 2006, 04:36:35 PM

Quick question: About how far through the game am I once I get to Egypt?

There's three maps, Egypt being the second. I found Egypt slightly (1-2 hours) shorter than Greece, but I blitzed the last hour or so instead of methodically clearing it, whereas Greece I methodically cleared the whole way through. The final map took me another 1-2 hours less than Egypt the first time, but this time I was blitzing pretty much from the get-go. Greece took me about 10 hours on the /played meter I think.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 04:38:30 PM by Yoru »
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #134 on: July 11, 2006, 04:47:32 PM

The above post is of course correct. Well except theres three acts 3 times. so as far as the game goes you haven't found the restrooms yet. (neither have i. and theres no harm in that). but each level cranks up the difficulty.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Strazos

Reply #135 on: July 11, 2006, 05:08:52 PM

Ok, I'm chugging my way through Egypt right now. I just got to the Nile Floodplains, and I'm still clearing every map as completely as I can...though I missed a sub-quest back in Greece somewhere....something about a guy lost his goods by some ruins or something. I never found them, or at least I didn't notice them.

Fear the Backstab!
Luxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: July 13, 2006, 05:04:47 AM

Pity, there were about 3 chests down there when you find his stuff with some goodies in them
Strazos

Reply #137 on: July 13, 2006, 05:13:36 AM

Well....I can still go back....

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest: Who's playing as What?  
Jump to: