Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:15:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest: Who's playing as What? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Titan Quest: Who's playing as What?  (Read 127944 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: July 03, 2006, 05:55:02 PM

Here's the list:

Storm Mastery: Stormcaller
+ Earth Mastery: Elementalist
+ Warfare Mastery: Thane
+ Spirit Mastery: Oracle
+ Defense Mastery: Paladin
+ Nature Mastery: Druid
+ Hunting Mastery: Sage
+ Rogue Mastery: Sorcerer

Earth Mastery: Pyromancer
+ Warfare Mastery: Battlemage
+ Spirit Mastery: Conjurer
+ Defense Mastery: Juggernaut
+ Nature Mastery: Summoner
+ Hunting Mastery: Avenger
+ Rogue Mastery: Magician

Warfare Mastery: Warrior
+ Spirit Mastery: Spellbreaker
+ Defense Mastery: Conqueror
+ Nature Mastery: Champion
+ Hunting Mastery: Slayer
+ Rogue Mastery: Assassin

Spirit Mastery: Theurgist
+ Defense Mastery: Spellbinder
+ Nature Mastery: Soothsayer
+ Hunting Mastery: Bone Charmer
+ Rogue Mastery: Warlock

Defense Mastery: Defender
+ Nature Mastery: Guardian
+ Hunting Mastery: Warden
+ Rogue Mastery: Corsair

Nature Mastery: Wanderer
+ Hunting Mastery: Ranger
+ Rogue Mastery: Illusionist

Hunter Mastery: Hunter
+ Rogue Mastery: Brigand

Rogue Mastery: Rogue

Just post the classes you are already using, or are sure you are going to try out soon tm

I am a unique fucking snowflake type of person so I expect to be able to pick a class in this game and not run into anyone else from f13 using it.   tongue

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 07:00:39 PM

Tryst - Level 30ish - Necro/Defender
Schild - Level 0ish -  Storm/Rogue

(merged derailed part with multiplayer infoz thread)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 08:57:07 PM

So here is the current info floating around various parts of f13, because this is the first game I've bought since, damn WoW I guess I'm very excited, I wonder if Gamestop will really ship it tomorrow I'm betting I'll have it on Wednesday or Thursday.

Schild-
Spellbinder
Sorcerer

Stray-
Thane

MrHat-
Battlemage

Yoru-
Ranger

Righ-
Conqueror

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 09:11:35 PM

Just go buy a copy and return the other one to a store. :P
Xilren's Twin

Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 10:04:20 PM

Im a Thane (warfare + storm), currently lv 13 still in act 1, scene 5.

BTW, I'm currently using an enchanted cyclops club that has poison and fire damage, and when you one shot stuff they go flying way the heck up in the air in an arc like CoH knockup and back.  It's hysterical.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 10:25:48 PM

You can knock people dwon into the endless holes in dungeons and over cliffs with that sort of stuff as well. You lose the items, but it's worth it.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 10:36:01 PM

I think I am going to go with an Assassin. Gonna work way up the Dual Wield skill tree in warfare, then swap over for some stuff in the Rogue tree.

When is a good point to pick up a second mastery, generally?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 10:37:56 PM

I still haven't and I'm on epic. I won't until level 36 or so.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:24:38 PM

I go for Conqueror (Defense main/Warfare for later). Having fun with Adrenaline and +regen gear right now. Still Level 13, though. I guess I will put some points in the Warfare tree for the nice offensive punch once I have the Adrenaline tree maxed.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 12:46:52 AM

I am going for Spellbreaker or Pyromancer.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 12:55:35 AM

Just picked up the game earlier today.  Got a lv. 11 Pyromancer so far that I'm liking.  Not sure yet what I'm going to go with for a Secondary.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 03:38:49 AM

Level 12 Battlemage right now.  Nice to have a pet around when I run around things with my ring of fire and dual wielding maces ablaze. 
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 05:41:13 AM

I'm playing a Conqueror (L12), it's a little vanilla I may reroll.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 06:59:54 AM

Updated list:

Schild-
Spellbinder
Sorcerer

Stray-
Thane

MrHat-
Battlemage

Yoru-
Ranger

Righ-
Conqueror

Zetleft-
Battlemage

Velorath-
Earth/? (Pyromancer)

Xilren-
Thane

Strazos-
Assassin

Tebonas-
Conqueror

Morpiend-
Spellbreaker
Pyromancer

Murgos-
Conqueror

Nobody is playing as a pirate yet??  *evil grin* 

@Schild:  I would buy it from a store but for the fact that the only EB's in SF are in Stonestown (a mall) and downtown which are the two most annoying places to need to be.  Plus I need to go play hockey and watch the world cup today.

@Everyone:  80 combinations and we have 3 Def/Warfare?  This is why I make these threads, you all should be ashamed of yourselves.  Also I notice Thane has been picked twice, I blame DAOC.

-William Gibson
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 07:06:55 AM

I hated DAoC, but those Frostalfs (Frostalves?) were nifty.

...Actually, I like Lightning graphics. I tend to gravitate towards any gaming class or character that has them.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 07:58:21 AM

I'm a lazy fuck. I took the combo with the most passive skills.

My first instict was Defender/Nature though (for heart of the oak). I might reroll as that to be a unique snowflake.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 08:08:54 AM by Tebonas »
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 10:05:54 AM

Fair enough, either way I'm happy I had narrowed it down to 3 classes and so far nobody is using any of them.

-William Gibson
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 02:16:25 PM

Think I'll probably end up going Conjurer.  There are a some good Spirit abilities that really seem like they'd complement what I'm doing with Earth.  I'll probably end up not having shit for defense though.

Edit:  So... when do we turn the UO forum into the Titan Quest forum?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:20:01 PM by Velorath »
Strazos

Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 02:20:25 PM

Defense is for pussies!  tongue

Also, dealing out a ton of damage quickly can also be seen as a form of Defense - dead shit can't hurt you, though you have to make undead doubly dead for this to be true I suppose.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 02:28:00 PM

I've got this weird craving since playing my EQ shaman. I want to regenerate more hitpoints at a given time that my enemies can dish out in damage. And I will manage that in Titan Quest as well, even if it is the last thing I will do. You may call me a pussy, but everything dies of boredom before killing me, so I will be a pussy with staying power.
Strazos

Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 04:31:33 PM

I should have used green in my above post it seems.

Fear the Backstab!
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 06:30:12 PM

This game is beyond fantastic, theres 14 ways to play spirit for gawds sake. Just for shits and giggles im going spirit (linchking) and earth (core dweller) kinda of a lord of the flies build. Lets play with too many pets. seems to be working as of yet.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Strazos

Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 06:47:13 PM

When do you get the option of a second mastery? I don't need it yet, but I'm just wondering.

Also - Yeah, I'll be eating lots of potions...good thing they are cheap. It'll get easier once I get passive abilities in the dual wield tree.

One build that might be interesting, at least in multi, would be a dedicated group buff build. I have no idea how you would make it through single player though.

Fear the Backstab!
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 07:02:06 PM

Yea, you can. You can scale all the way back on the secondary tree by buying back points, undo mastery selection and switch to a different class. I did it at least.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 07:22:58 PM

Straz, the answer is 8, lvl 8

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 08:34:47 PM

The Malebolge.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Strazos

Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 08:35:46 PM

We don't have a general Titan Quest thread, so I'll just ask here - anyone else getting random crashes, particularly when you are gating back to a town?

Fear the Backstab!
schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 08:36:27 PM

Yea. When I leave a cave I crash sometimes. Also, I'm gonna make a Titan Quest Forum. If UO gets one, fucking Titan Quest gets one!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 09:25:20 PM

Just finished up the first chapter.  So far I've only crashed twice.  The first time I had been playing for several hours and the game started to get more and more choppy as I played and then it crashed.  Maybe there were just too many dead bodies and items on the ground for the game to keep track of, I don't know.  The second time was in the Labryinth.  Hadn't been playing all that long so I'm not sure what happened that time.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 11:39:37 PM

Yea, you can. You can scale all the way back on the secondary tree by buying back points, undo mastery selection and switch to a different class. I did it at least.

Not once you've committed and closed the window. The mystic won't let you unbuy points in mastery levels, only in skill levels.

This is how I got locked into nature. :P
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 12:27:20 AM

I should have used green in my above post it seems.

As should I, I thought it was as evident as you did.

If you like Life Leech Hat, go for Giant Bats and collect their fangs.
Game crashed once on me, up to Athens. It gets choppy sometimes, though.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 11:39:03 AM

Hasn't crashed for me but lots of times when I port back to town my textures are all corrupt (can't even read text, mades selling difficult) and I have to stand still for a minute or 2 for things to clear up. 
Strazos

Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 11:42:39 AM

Not once you've committed and closed the window. The mystic won't let you unbuy points in mastery levels, only in skill levels.

This is how I got locked into nature. :P

Also, you can undo points in skills, but not masteries - the manual said so.

Fear the Backstab!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 12:22:31 PM

I am having chronic character indecision right now. I have a level 10 Spellbreaker, spirit as main, and he pretty much sucks. The spirit part is fine, but I have no reason to melee, so it makes a lot of my skills pointless.

I also have a level 15 warrior, and I havent chosen a second yet. He is pretty fun, but I cant decide what second to go with. I was thinking rogue, but then I heard that Assassins get completely owned in Epic and legendary mode. Like most bosses will 1 hit them.

I was thinking of taking Spirit second for my warrior, and just put a few points in to it for the life drain, and maybe one of the auras. I was also thinking about Earth or Storm for the weapon buffs. Arrrggg. I cant decide. I also want to try and pure caster type, maybe Earth, with Defender just to help me stay alive, or Earth/Spirit, I heard that is pretty damn good.

My friend is getting the game today, so I will probably start my Pyromancer.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #34 on: July 05, 2006, 12:28:38 PM

The game better as fuck be at my house today when I get home from work.  I will be playing as either:

Slayer - Corax
Illusionist - Hoax
Corsair - Eravisci

So if anyone is using any of those classes, tell me now so I can eliminate them from the running.

*whoa English is so not my first language*
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 03:50:00 PM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest: Who's playing as What?  
Jump to: