Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:00:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest Multiplayer Infoz 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Titan Quest Multiplayer Infoz  (Read 139467 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 02:43:51 PM

I might make a custom level tonight. Accepting ideas.
edlavallee
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 03, 2006, 03:08:01 PM

I might make a custom level tonight. Accepting ideas.

Make one with a hollow wooden badger.

Zipper Zee - space noob
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #37 on: July 03, 2006, 06:40:25 PM

OK, Ill throw my 2 cents in. It plays like diablo in the first 5 minutes sense. after that you realise diablo wishes that game was that deep. As in, multiplayer scales the number and level of creeps to your party, as in aoe owns in multiplayer. So heres a noob take, level 2, earth. put a point in earth enchantment then pump earth until you can put a point in volcanic orb. Max it, and look vertical. yes Dorthy your a 1 trick pony. become as 1 with the truth. and when groups of mobs attack your able to melt them buy there hundreds, is this not fun? now, is there synergency? this is more difficult is there or not, at first glance it seems the best way is to maximize something, boss killer? you can, kill minions buy there thousands , you can.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: July 03, 2006, 06:43:22 PM

Tryst - Level 30something - Spellbinder (Sp/D)
Schild - Level Nothing (starting tonight) - Sorcerer (St/R)

Edit: The post above me is scary. But right. I still - having beaten the game only once - have 3 abilities on my Necro. Ternion is maxed out, Summon Liche King is maxxed out, and Summon Outsider is on it's way to be maxxed out. My Outsider and Liche King beat the final boss on their own in 18 seconds. Doesn't matter though, epic mode changes the game completely. I'm pretty much a pussy now. I can only imagine how awesome Legendary mode will be.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 06:45:15 PM by schild »
hal
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 03, 2006, 06:55:24 PM

Some more almost truths. ( well they seem like truths). Warfare is the gimpest with only nature as compition. Defence is actually kinda stout, who of thunk? Spirit is strong with pet, also tenon (unverified by me). earth with pet and aoe. storm with ice shard and thunderball, Im reeling trying to get any melee to do anything but limp. it really seems casters own this game. but im not sure all has been say ed and done. it seems easier to build a killer toon from a caster template.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 03, 2006, 08:37:45 PM

It needs a catchy name like "Tiablo", or "T-ablo", "Greco-Romablo", or possibly M.I.T. = "men in tunics".
My ex likes the term Diablicus.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #41 on: July 03, 2006, 09:20:18 PM

Think I'm gonna roll a straight up Warfare Hoplite. Just to see how bad the game is at being "Greek".
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #42 on: July 03, 2006, 09:23:31 PM

Most everyone in the game sounds like Boris Badenov.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #43 on: July 03, 2006, 10:33:00 PM

I have to agree, nature - she is the awful. Only reason I'm putting points into the nature primary now is for the +int/+dex/+hp. Really, I wish I could 'reroll' my arrow-flinger with defense or storm. Icy piercing multiarrows would lay shit down.

As it is, nature gives me.. um.. the power to get wooden. Or something.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #44 on: July 03, 2006, 10:44:16 PM

Currently my plan is to run up the Warfare dual wield tree - it's all passive stuff to deal out more damage, and more hits. Then I can pick up Rogue mastery for Calculated Strike (4th hit = +dmg), Blade honing, and poison. Maybe even the extra Wounding-type upper rogue skills.

At what level do you usually end the game at in easymode?

EDIT: Also, when have you all been playing Multi? Would be great to eventually get some time when it's not Wed/Sat/Sunday night.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 10:58:51 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #45 on: July 04, 2006, 12:44:46 AM

I started a Warrior. I was planning on taking Spirt as my secondary. Not sure how it would work out, we will see. So far playing melee is not great fun, I might reroll and take Spirit first, or maybe earth. How are Spirit and Earth as primarys?
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #46 on: July 04, 2006, 12:50:34 AM

I checked the box out at Fry's the other day (I was picking up a copy of Winning Eleven 9 to placate my raging soccer hardon). I remember you all talking about it, but the box compared it to Age of Empires. I threw it down in disgust, thinking it was some sort of RTS game dressed up with some RPG trappings. Is it really more Diablo-ish? I could be talked into that pretty easily. Of course, the multiplayer sessions will be a forgotten memory when I finally pick it up...

No no no no no Noob. Read my review. I'm pretty sure I mention Brian Sullivan. He was the lead designer at Ensemble. They're not comparing it to AOE, they're giving a history on the lead designer's lineage. Or somesuch. Anyway, there are no RTS elements. None. Zero. Other than the game being third person isometric. None. It's Diablo. Frontpage. Review. Read it. Buy the game. Etc.

Schild is correct here.  The only time the box mentions Age of Empires is to say that the game comes from AoE co-creator Brian Sullivan and proceeds to refer to it as an action RPG (mentioning nothing about RTS).
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 04, 2006, 03:30:25 AM

Currently haven't really been multi'ing it up.  Schild beat the game at level 31 or something and so far we are just playing catchup and enjoying the single play portion.  Once I beat on normal sometime this week I plan to join up in Legendary or Epic or whatever mode it is.  Using a warfare/Earth build right now.   Wanna be a fire imbured duel wielding badass but so far im just a paper tiger with a cool pet that can turn into stone to save my ass when things get hairy, and I'm loving it. 
Strazos

Reply #48 on: July 04, 2006, 06:19:12 AM

I might go rogue first then, just to make play different from when I demoed with a warrior.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #49 on: July 04, 2006, 06:49:38 AM

If you want something different enough, make a caster.
Strazos

Reply #50 on: July 04, 2006, 08:13:39 AM

Eh...I tried a caster in the demo. Perhaps it was the spells I had available to me, but I found nuking to be...awkward.

Fear the Backstab!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #51 on: July 04, 2006, 09:26:50 AM

Everything's awkward. It's just that casting (read: Wanding, Buffing, and AoEing) is less so.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #52 on: July 04, 2006, 12:04:09 PM

Think I'm gonna roll a straight up Warfare Hoplite. Just to see how bad the game is at being "Greek".

I've essentially got a Hoplite Conqueror. Some fancy blue spear and a shield, but with a club instead of xiphon as secondary weapon to make use of stun skills. None of the dual-wield stuff from warfare. Level 17, just finished with Athens on beginner tier.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Strazos

Reply #53 on: July 04, 2006, 02:19:08 PM

It's a shame you can't wear any Crimson red cloaks in this game.

Fear the Backstab!
Yoru

Reply #54 on: July 05, 2006, 01:15:35 AM

Just beat normal mode with my ranger bowfreak. The final boss was a joke at level 29 for me with my Heart of Oak buff and a Battle Marker shrine; I blasted through 1/2 his health in about 10 seconds. The rest was just kiting and wearing him down. The boss right before the final boss took longer but certainly wasn't the hardest boss I've faced.

(Hardest being an optional boss you can do after you get to the last major city in the third overworld map.)

I probably 'should' be higher level to start up epic mode, but I pretty much blitzed the last part of the game and only one enemy type gave me any serious trouble, which was largely obviated with my aggro-radius-kiting tactic.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #55 on: July 05, 2006, 11:33:08 AM

I'm already at lv. 24, and only around halfway through Egypt.  Is Chapter 3 really short, or did you rush through the areas?
Yoru

Reply #56 on: July 05, 2006, 11:54:54 AM

I'm already at lv. 24, and only around halfway through Egypt.  Is Chapter 3 really short, or did you rush through the areas?

I blitzed the second half of Egypt and pretty much all of the third map; the only area I paused to really clear is the big valley halfway through the third map.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #57 on: July 06, 2006, 11:05:25 PM

So maybe we should start forming games that are like "~f13.net~ 01" or some shit, so it shows first in the list.  Put a "kekela" password on it so that only peeps who are on here can get in.

It's like a super ghetto friends list.  I've got way to many awesome shields, I need to start dumping some.  Thinking about selling everything that isn't a set piece.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #58 on: July 07, 2006, 01:07:39 AM

So maybe we should start forming games that are like "~f13.net~ 01" or some shit, so it shows first in the list.  Put a "kekela" password on it so that only peeps who are on here can get in.

Don't need it to show up first, there's a filter on there somewhere.  Just type in f13 and it'll show up.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: July 07, 2006, 09:29:48 PM

I'm bored, anyone want to play some epic chapter 1 or start new characters?  It's past midnight EST right now.
Yoru

Reply #60 on: July 07, 2006, 09:42:57 PM

I'm gonna start an epic multiplayer game and sit in TS. Anyone who wants in is welcome.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 07, 2006, 09:54:40 PM

I'm gonna start an epic multiplayer game and sit in TS. Anyone who wants in is welcome.

kk
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #62 on: July 07, 2006, 09:59:25 PM

As if you couldn't tell from his fractured syntax, the above poster that labelled warrior gimpygimp is on crack. I have a duel wield warrior that tears through crap like a Greek berserker, assuming, you know, Greece had berserkers. He's got Spirit as a submastery but I'm seeing that as a mistake, the lifetap is absolutely miniscule in the healing that it does. Just like a real shadowknight!
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #63 on: July 07, 2006, 09:59:53 PM

This looks good.  Will buy tomorrow, maybe install next week, and be solo after that.  Shit.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 07, 2006, 11:03:09 PM

As if you couldn't tell from his fractured syntax, the above poster that labelled warrior gimpygimp is on crack. I have a duel wield warrior that tears through crap like a Greek berserker, assuming, you know, Greece had berserkers. He's got Spirit as a submastery but I'm seeing that as a mistake, the lifetap is absolutely miniscule in the healing that it does. Just like a real shadowknight!

Anything dual wielding back will hand you your ass.  I run from minotaurs.

I will say though, that I've pretty much tripled my survivability by taking up the War Horn skill.  6s stun ftw.
Yoru

Reply #65 on: July 07, 2006, 11:04:46 PM

Just finished up the game with Hat. We both got some nice loots. Y'all missed out. :P
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #66 on: July 08, 2006, 02:27:55 PM

So f13_____  is still the server naming convention right?  Just in case one is up.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
hal
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 08, 2006, 03:21:33 PM

just started 1. lvl 18 egypt

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: July 08, 2006, 07:23:30 PM

ya, i start every session with looking for an f13 game, then starting my own.  Since I'm mostly done with multiplayer, and now it's all about the loots.

Think wer'e using "kekela" password if you want to keep out the crotchrockets.
Yoru

Reply #69 on: July 09, 2006, 02:40:12 AM

Yeah, I had one going for an hour or so this afternoon and forgot to punch in the password. Two assgoblins sauntered in, partied up, blitzed a few areas and took all the lewtz. Nothing awesome, fortunately, and I did manage to ninja myself some greens to pay off the potion costs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest Multiplayer Infoz  
Jump to: