Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:47:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 87876 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: July 31, 2006, 11:30:00 AM

2 QB leagues are clownshoes.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #36 on: July 31, 2006, 02:46:04 PM

I put up a request on the general forum for a 14th man. If one signs up, just post here when you've opened the roster again so I can do so as well. Thanks.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37 on: July 31, 2006, 02:49:24 PM

If I end up having to draft Marcel Shipp, monkey gonna die.

-Rasix
WindiaN
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 31, 2006, 04:24:21 PM

i'd like to join, tried to sign up but the league was full... do you need to add another slot or was it already filled?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #39 on: July 31, 2006, 08:49:23 PM

I'll take the 14th slot if it is still available.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 09:02:19 AM

Ok we have some interest, if Shiz opens it up now, we can join.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 09:30:06 AM

I am going to open it right now, but I cannot control who gets the spots.

edit: I also removed one of the WR slots to try and keep the talent dilution to a minimum for a 14 team league. Let me know if that pisses you off.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 09:34:13 AM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #42 on: August 01, 2006, 09:55:43 AM

I'm in, looks like we have 14 now. Thanks guys.

EDIT: MONKEY STRIKES BACK!

WindiaN
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 01, 2006, 10:24:37 AM

I'm the Urban Achievers!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 14, 2006, 07:45:38 AM

Wooooo. Draft tomorrow, my first one of 4 this year. Looking forward to seeing how bad I can bung it up this year.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #45 on: August 14, 2006, 08:55:08 AM

Goddamn it. Now I have to do some research. I hate getting started this early, because it is still SO LONG until the first game, and after I draft a team, I needs some football ASAP!!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

Reply #46 on: August 14, 2006, 01:57:12 PM

I know this is a bit late and right before the draft but... no dedicated TE slot?

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #47 on: August 14, 2006, 02:57:02 PM

There isn't? I didn't even notice that! Commish, can you add one plskthx?

Rasix

Reply #48 on: August 14, 2006, 02:59:42 PM

It's a WR/TE spot.  IMO, that's pushing it a bit too far with the WR/Anyone slots.  We have WR, WR/R and WR/TE spot. 

-Rasix
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 14, 2006, 08:58:06 PM

Damn I guess I gotta try and do some rankings now, and pray to the autodraft gods.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 15, 2006, 07:32:46 AM

I'll pick for you Zet. I've always wondered how an all kicker team would do...

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #51 on: August 15, 2006, 08:38:22 AM

I just went with last year's positions, but I will change the W/T to a TE only.

edit: I also noticed we only had 1 pure WR and 1 pure RB slot. I added a pure WR slot.

Also, be aware that WRs are heavily favored due to the 0.5 per reception stat (this is higher than any league I have ever played in, but, once again, I just copied last year which Yahoo! let me do) combined with 10yds per point. RBs are at 10yds per point. QBs are at 25yds per point.

Please express anger, satisfaction or apathy as you will.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 08:46:04 AM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 15, 2006, 09:22:13 AM

Last 3 years I've been in a league that gave 1 pt per reception and it didn't make WR's overpowered. If anything, it evened it out enough that your team wasn't screwed if you didn't have a stud RB.

I'm a fan of the points per reception.

WayAbvPar

Reply #53 on: August 15, 2006, 10:15:48 AM

I like p/r too. It makes the draft much more interesting; instead of 25 RBs and 5 QBs in the first 2 rounds, you get a better mix of players. Gives alternative strategies a chance at least.

Rasix

Reply #54 on: August 15, 2006, 10:21:52 AM

No objection here.  I'll only bitch about anything that's extremely unbalancing.

We're going to have a LOT of WR's drafted and people will be starting chumps low on the depth chart.  But that's more a symptom of being 14 team league.  At least a 2nd or 3rd slot WR has a better chance to score decent points (especially with 1pt per reception) than a backup RB (unless they're in Denver). 

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #55 on: August 15, 2006, 05:45:42 PM

Any live drafters- jump on to the F13 Teamspeak (www.f13.net:8767; password kekela) and help me mock the other people who can't hear us  evil

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 15, 2006, 09:02:46 PM

Wish I wasn't still at work, I doubt I got a decent TE since I think I edited my rankings last night to reflect the no TE posistion before it was changed :p

Faked edit:  Looks like I got some nice wide receivers and Jason Witten.  Also looks like I probably picked way too high on kicker and Defense positions. 

WindiaN
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 16, 2006, 07:56:20 AM

Goddamnit Koren: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2551018&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines . I thought that bastard was going to fail me when the season actually started.
WayAbvPar

Reply #58 on: August 16, 2006, 09:09:52 AM

Heh...I was just coming here to post that. I nearly drafted him last night, but as a Seahawks fan, I was SURE he was gonna fuck himself (and his team) eventually. Dude needs some serious help.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: August 16, 2006, 11:23:54 AM

I coulda swore you wrote Goddamn Korean and I was very confused for a moment   tongue

But hey Wind at least you have a running back that actually starts for the team he is on.  Autodraft managed to nab me 3 backup running backs FTL.  I just hope Ming Vase F. Taylor goes out early in the season with his regularly scheduled injury.  But thank god it drafted me 2 kickers AND 2 defenses before getting my first running back, none of which that were actually on my list   :-D
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 16, 2006, 01:00:44 PM

I probably should have autodrafted.  I'm pretty happy with the depth on my team (having guys like Plummer and Dillon on the bench in a 14-team league seems pretty good), but the starting lineup -- not so much.  My top three picks were a running back with no offensive line (James), a receiver with no quarterback (Moss), and a quarterback who wins a lot of games but doesn't rack up a lot of points (Brady).  We'll see how that goes... 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 05:23:16 AM by El Gallo »

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Rasix

Reply #61 on: August 16, 2006, 01:48:25 PM

This year, like last, I think I have a starting unit that can potentially put up a ton of points.   I got a bit unlucky in that a lot of players that I was letting slide (because I thought I could get away with it) got snagged right before I was ready to take them.

My depth, like last year, is not as good as I'd like it to be and is somewhat unspectacular.  And like last year, I really didn't take any risks with problem players or rookies.  That may end up biting me in the ass as some very promising rookies are backing up some notoriously fragile players. 

I really hate drafting this early, but I think my team will be OK and hopefully not start as goddamn slow as they did last year.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #62 on: August 16, 2006, 01:51:14 PM

I actually really like my team, which bodes ill for the season. WR could be a weakness, but I have some definite potential. I am rock solid at RB and QB. D is good. K and TE are superfluous most of the time.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: August 16, 2006, 02:50:28 PM

In a 14 player league, depth is hard to get imo. It's ALL about getting on that waiver wire late Sunday night to grab the WR that everyone missed and will light it up for you on a bye week.

Having said that, I'm pretty happy with my team. WR might be an issue, but other than that, I'm content. Not a superstar team, but one that should fairly steady week in and week out.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #64 on: August 16, 2006, 04:42:10 PM

My plan was basically to get enough solid, consistent starters for the first month of the season when I'll be a little MIA, and I mostly pulled that off, barring injuries of course.  My only problem will be week 9, when my kicker and def have a bye, and I'll have to waive two players in one week.  Hopefully it will sort itself out by then. 

Like everyone else, I feel good about this year's team.
Rasix

Reply #65 on: August 17, 2006, 01:41:47 PM

It begins. I'm betting the theme for my team this year is going to be "knee injuries". 

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #66 on: August 17, 2006, 01:43:44 PM

FUCK!!!

Ras, do me a favor and drop any other Seahawks you have on your roster, you goddamned jinx! It must come from living near the Cardinals for so long.

Rasix

Reply #67 on: August 17, 2006, 01:50:16 PM

He's my only one.  Kitna is apparently a Washington native.. so I'd be extra careful if I were him.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #68 on: August 17, 2006, 02:07:52 PM

Well I'll do my predictions on my squad.

My WR core will make or break me since they are completely awesome in theory. Steve Smith loves to grab much yardage each game, and Larry Fitzgerald is impossible to cover in the end zone. My RB situation is the weakest part of my squad, and basically rests entirely on the fact that Willy Parker is the real deal in Pittsburgh, and that maybe they'll let his dumbass run it in the end zone occasionally.

As for my QB, ELI RULES! I have high hopes for NYG contending as the division champs this year, mostly resting on Eli's arm.

Defensively, Denver, who was top 5 in least points allowed and most fumble recoveries, and 6th in interceptions. The only problem is their sacks.

All in all I think I have a decent squad who needs some trades done.

Rasix

Reply #69 on: August 17, 2006, 02:29:28 PM

You've got a scary starting lineup.  Your bench is very  0.0 DPS

-Rasix
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  
Jump to: