Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:29:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: movies that suck 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: movies that suck  (Read 19026 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #105 on: January 14, 2006, 11:27:05 AM

I hate reading when I go to the movies.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #106 on: January 14, 2006, 09:30:01 PM

You hate reading when you read a book too, so I'm not sure you're saying a whole lot.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #107 on: January 14, 2006, 09:38:32 PM

I hate Reading too. The traffic is hell, and the festival was an overpriced rained out mud bath.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: January 15, 2006, 02:58:10 AM

Although not the same bridge it is in the same area (like within a few feet.)  Seriously, it would have been cool to have the battle on the bridge.

That's the bridge leading towards the Uni.  I went to that Uni.  I had sex on that bridge.  I also puked my guts over it into the murky river so many times you wouldn't believe it.

Ahhh, when I was young.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: January 20, 2006, 10:54:05 AM

Although not the same bridge it is in the same area (like within a few feet.)  Seriously, it would have been cool to have the battle on the bridge.

That's the bridge leading towards the Uni.  I went to that Uni.  I had sex on that bridge.  I also puked my guts over it into the murky river so many times you wouldn't believe it.

Ahhh, when I was young.

You've the got the makings of a good screenplay already.  Go forth young man.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #110 on: January 20, 2006, 11:44:04 AM

I turn my brain off when watching movies.  I consider it a plus.  Consequently, while I know Van Helsing was a bad movie by any sort of measurement, I enjoyed it.  I especially enjoyed the high-speed carriage scene, and even moreso the part where it flies off a cliff and explodes.  Hi-larious.  The acting was bad but I found the movie to be funny.  I liked it more than League of ... because I never once got the impression that anyone working on Van Helsing took the movie seriously.

I think I, Robot was useless, unless you like Will Smith's naked torso.

Gladiator was pretty and exciting.  I liked it.  I don't even like whatshisname, the main guy.  I'm not looking it up.

Hero could have been better.  It was pretty, at least.  House of Flying Daggers is aging on the TiVo, along with Island of Doctor Moreau.

Troy was no good.  Kinda made me want to play God of War, though.

I saw the sex scene, or maybe just some of it, in Monster's Ball and now I don't find Halle sexy anymore.  Hmmm... did I in the first place?

Titanic was no good.

Starsky & Hutch, I found OK but I am Stillered-out right now.

I really, really enjoyed the Scooby-Doo movie.

You know what's a really good movie?  It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.  And Bullit.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #111 on: January 20, 2006, 11:59:40 AM

I especially enjoyed the high-speed carriage scene, and even moreso the part where it flies off a cliff and explodes.

I liked how it catches on fire for no discernable reason.  I think it was supposed to be sparks from the werewolf's claws scraping the metal.  Yeah, that'll set a whole carriage ablaze.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: January 20, 2006, 01:41:07 PM

I think I, Robot was useless, unless you like Will Smith's naked torso.

Which made it useful for my wife and, by a simple cause and effect, me.

Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: January 23, 2006, 09:44:14 AM

I'll go ahead and add Family Stone to the list since I saw it (I'm married) this past weekend.

However, it did confirm two things:

1) Sarah Jessica Parker Bueller Broderick is just as ugly as she was yesterday.

2) Rachel McAdams is especially hot as a brunette.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #114 on: January 23, 2006, 01:51:44 PM

Saw Underworld Evolution. Enjoyed it on a Blamo! Splat! Glorch! OOH SIDE BOOBIES!! Shred! Splug! level.

I thought the first one had more style, but this was a perfectly fun action movie.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #115 on: January 23, 2006, 02:53:41 PM

Kingdom of Heaven. Worst. Fucking. Movie. EVAR!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: January 23, 2006, 04:13:09 PM

Ridley Scott hasn't made a good movie since the late 80's.  It's like the act of making Thelma and Louise sucked all the talent out of him.  I blame Brad Pitt.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #117 on: January 23, 2006, 04:17:05 PM

Ridley Scott hasn't made a good movie since the late 80's.  It's like the act of making Thelma and Louise sucked all the talent out of him.  I blame Brad Pitt.

I liked Matchstick Men, Gladiator, and to a degree, even Hannibal. Here certainly doesn't make the most cerebral flicks though.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: January 23, 2006, 04:55:26 PM

I haven't seen Matchstick Men but for me Gladiator and Hannibal were one shot movies.  They were ok but they weren't watchable over and over again.

Alien?  Blade Runner?  Black Rain, to me, is one of the best Cop Noir movies ever made.  Whatever it was he had in the 80's he doesn't have it now, probably hunger.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #119 on: January 23, 2006, 11:22:08 PM

Matchstick Men was strangely watchable.  It is normally the sort of movie that annoys me.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Madman
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: January 24, 2006, 04:07:28 AM

Why has nobody mentioned 'Deep Blue Sea' as a movie that sucked.

Well, I personally found it awesome, but then again I truly love movies that suck as evidenced by the fact that I have watched ALL of Shark Attack 3: Megalodon!
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: January 24, 2006, 08:14:49 AM

Because when you say "Deep Blue Sea" it reminds me of "Into the Blue", Which in turn reminds me of Jessica Alba. Swiming. Like a fucking female elf. Damn. Oh, Jessica, please make me your slave...

Bunk - Isn't your avatar from a movie that sucked. Bad. Damn it sucked.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: January 24, 2006, 08:16:32 AM

I liked Deep Blue Sea.

It was a film about Intelligent Killer Sharks.  Anyone expecting high drama, acting, or plot deserved to be dissappointed.

There were also gratuitous panty shots.

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: January 24, 2006, 08:19:32 AM

...something...
There were also gratuitous panty shots.

There. I'm thinking about Into the Blue again.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: January 24, 2006, 08:23:48 AM

Maybe I ought to watch that one as well.  I tend to think of Betty Blue instead.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #125 on: January 24, 2006, 08:26:45 AM

Deep Blue Sea was a fun popcorn flick.

I couldn't make it through Matchstick Men. Themla and Louise, now THERE was a movie that was a crime against nature. Ridley Scott's made some decent post-80's flicks. Blackhawk Down, Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven were all decent if not spectacular flicks. I think Gladiator was certainly overrated, but Crowe really should have won an Oscar for his performance in L.A. Confidential, before he got too big to do supporting stuff.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #126 on: January 24, 2006, 09:04:50 AM

Bunk - Isn't your avatar from a movie that sucked. Bad. Damn it sucked.

Yes, yes it is. And yes, i do own the movie and have in fact watched it all the way through more than once.

The avatar is actually a result of me admitting to having read the book that movie is based on, and actually quite enjoying it.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: January 24, 2006, 09:05:40 AM

Oh behave.

The Book was Atrocious.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #128 on: January 24, 2006, 09:25:25 AM

Napoleon Dynamite was a crime against the world. It will violate you in ways you didn't know you could be violated.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: January 24, 2006, 10:02:10 AM

Napoleon Dynamite was a crime against the world. It will violate you in ways you didn't know you could be violated.

Movie cut a little close to home, huh?

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #130 on: January 24, 2006, 10:03:32 AM

Movie cut a little close to home, huh?

My mom didn't like the movie, she found it too uncomfortable.  She attributes this to being somewhat of a giant nerd in high school.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #131 on: January 24, 2006, 10:04:54 AM

I didn't like Napolean Dynamite. And it hit nowhere close to home with me. Koboshi described it best, "It's like being beat up by nerds."
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #132 on: January 24, 2006, 12:02:16 PM

Kingdom of Heaven were all decent if not spectacular flicks.

How can you not dispise this movie? About 45 minutes of screan time where close ups of Orlando's face, as he tried to do looks other than constipated? Not the mention the last seen in the movie... *SPOILER* of his lovingly stroking a flower as the wind blew through his hair. This movie sucked in so many ways I cant even describe. God did it suck.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #133 on: January 24, 2006, 01:19:40 PM

The Book was Atrocious.

Seconded, but I would have said it was bunk.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: January 24, 2006, 01:24:56 PM

The Book was Atrocious.

Seconded, but I would have said it was bunk.

What? I love that book. It's like the first post appocalyptic sci-fi I ever read. Heck, it's the first sci-fi I ever read. I was six. And I'm Re-reading it right now (for the third or fourth time), and I still love it.

How can anyone watch the movie twice is beyond me :)

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #135 on: January 24, 2006, 01:59:28 PM

I also have the accomplishment of successfully reading all ten volumes of Mission Earth.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #136 on: January 24, 2006, 02:24:43 PM

I also have the accomplishment of successfully reading all ten volumes of Mission Earth.

That's not an accomplishment, that was a requirement of joining Scientology.
schild
Administrator

Reply #137 on: January 24, 2006, 02:26:51 PM

That's not an accomplishment, that was a requirement of joining Scientology.

No no, buying the leather bound set with each page printed on baby seal skin and written in the blood of christian infants is the requirement for joining. Reading it for pleasure is a feat few have undertaken. Less than those who have attempted to climb Mt. Everest for sure.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: January 24, 2006, 04:01:24 PM

Maybe I ought to watch that one as well.  I tend to think of Betty Blue instead.
´

Now, there's a movie that sucked but you had to pretend to like if you wanted to get laid in the 80s.
(at least in my part of the world where we don't run screaming at the sight of subtitles)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
WayAbvPar

Reply #139 on: January 24, 2006, 04:30:13 PM

´

Now, there's a movie that sucked but you had to pretend to like if you wanted to get laid in the 80s.
(at least in my part of the world where we don't run screaming at the sight of subtitles)

That was Dirty Dancing for me. Godfuckingdamn I hated that movie. I still want Patrick Swayze to die a thousand horrifying deaths for inflicting it on an unsuspecting public.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: movies that suck  
Jump to: